PDA

View Full Version : 05/2007 - Airline tickets getting crazy - Is this affecting your plans?

Pages : [1] 2

BigDave
05-25-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking about going to pop 7-1 > 7-4 or -5. The prices are more than I really want to pay $478(1 stop) > $639 (non-stop continental, I paid $420 for this flight in april), I see some fluctuation daily, I almost grabbed a $436 (1 stop), but was indecisve. :mad:

Question for you guys who have done this for awhile, Do you think the prices will dip or just increase this close to july? :confused:

And for you guys going in the july invasion, do you expect an event on the 4th?, Flying back on the 4th would be better for me, but if something cool was in the works, I might stay? :rolleyes:

TPdog
05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
BigDave, Something is in the works everyday in Sosua:smile: Glad to here that you are going to make the trip!! Get a room now at the Garden because I know they are booking up fast....Jimmy has the cousins coming back as well........its going to be a big party....and yes I will fill your frig with beer....lol!!
TPdog

BigDave
05-25-2007, 09:44 AM
BigDave, Something is in the works everyday in Sosua:smile: Glad to here that you are going to make the trip!! Get a room now at the Garden because I know they are booking up fast....Jimmy has the cousins coming back as well........its going to be a big party....and yes I will fill your frig with beer....lol!!
TPdog

I havn't pushed the button yet, but hopefully will soon, this is a great timespan for me work wise (dead due to holiday).

BTW, erase that damn song off your IPOD!! lol! :lol: :lol:

Hunter
05-25-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm thinking about going to pop 7-1 > 7-4 or -5. The prices are more than I really want to pay $478(1 stop) > $639 (non-stop continental, I paid $420 for this flight in april), I see some fluctuation daily, I almost grabbed a $436 (1 stop), but was indecisve. :mad:

Question for you guys who have done this for awhile, Do you think the prices will dip or just increase this close to july? :confused:

If I were a betting man fares will only increase. You are fighting with every family taking the 4th off going somewhere.

BTW I looked for a while and best I got was $445 out of LGA. I do not fly out of EWR.

But I am rookie as far as finding good fares so don't take my word. EricS always seems to go dirt cheap that dog.

Willie
05-25-2007, 03:17 PM
http://www.yapta.com/user/

psriches
05-25-2007, 06:01 PM
The problem is your fighting traffic from the AI's going into POP...... July 4th week is a big holiday travel week for AI vacationers.

Beads
05-25-2007, 06:29 PM
The problem is your fighting traffic from the AI's going into POP...... July 4th week is a big holiday travel week for AI vacationers.

have to agree having booked same timeframe last year. if you dont book wayyyyyy early for this week you pay top dollar as the time gets closer.

Also changing which day you fly in/out can make a HUGE difference.

You might also want to try flying in through STI (santiago) and out through POP or vice versa. Continental offers both non stop and by changing flights/days slightly you might be able to save a few hundred $.

ErikS
05-25-2007, 07:35 PM

And for you guys going in the july invasion, do you expect an event on the 4th?, Flying back on the 4th would be better for me, but if something cool was in the works, I might stay? :rolleyes:

I spoke with Shark Bar Lou (he is in NYC now - flys back to the DR on his Birthday, May 28th!). He will be hosting the second annual ISOC July 4th BBQ at the Shark Bar on Wed, July 4th. More info will be posted in the New York Shark Bar section.

And as to airfares, the general rule I follow is if the fare from NY (JFK or EWR) is $350 or less, I grab it and pay cash (CC on-line). If the fare is more than $350, I'll use my ff miles.

Hope to walk in on you again down there Big Dave :o .

And FYI, I'm still having an ISOC BBQ at my house on Sat, June 16th 2007. I'll be updating that thread soon. Hope to see you there also.

RSMMAN
05-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Airfair refund,,,,http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/103059/How-to-Get-Money-Back-When-Airfares-Drop

http://www.kayak.com/

blacksultan
09-14-2007, 09:11 PM
I bought my ticket today for my 4-day trip to the DR in November and it cost me 485 dollars on American Airlines. Now I know this is around Turkey Day when I will be down there, but I think it is outrageous. It is also what the market can bear. I had been tracking the price on www.sidestep.com (http://www.sidestep.com) closely and when I saw it start to jump up I knew I had to buy it because I suspected that it would not come back down again. Oh well, fuck it. I got to get there. I know one thing, after this trip it will crystalize in my mind fully and completely that my money overall might be best spent in Colombia and that DR will move into the "weekend getaway" domain of my mongering existence.

Goodmasterson
09-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Blacksultan:

I understand your frustration; however, you and everyone in New York should count your blessings. I live in Mississippi and the cheapest I could find in October was $513. I trade for NY prices to DR any time.

David Smash
09-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Blacksultan:

I understand your frustration; however, you and everyone in New York should count your blessings. I live in Mississippi and the cheapest I could find in October was $513. I trade for NY prices to DR any time.

You are right. Being from NYC many airlines cater to the many ethnicities of this city. At JFK you can fly anywhere. Us NYCers are pretty spoiled. Some cities can't even connect to get to some countries. But BS is right. The airplane ticket prices are getting just plain retarded.

ErikS
09-15-2007, 12:57 PM
You have to watch for sales and then jump on them. I use Farecompare.com and get email alerts when the prices change on the routes I bookmark.

I recently bought three RT tickets this way. Continental Airlines non-stop Newark to Puerto Plata, and the total cost of each ticket (taxes included) was between $277 and $295.

But you have to move quick cause sometimes the window for purchasing at these sale prices is measured in hours rather than days.

Last year I did the same thing and bought three tickets at once. Delta Non-Stop JFK to Santiago $255 RT (taxes included).

Hemp
09-15-2007, 03:48 PM
can there be a thread sticky on all the discounted fair sites...seems like everyday im reading about a new one!!! guys are holding out!!!

eastcoastallstar
09-15-2007, 07:46 PM
I think the prices on Delta from Newark are always kind of low $250-$350

JFK is 20 minutes from my house, so I never use Newark

I bought my tix for my october trip last month for $309. All holiday fares are always going to be expensive, try flying out during Christmas it's about $700 bucks.
The sites I use are
kayak.com, sidestep.com, cheaptickets.com, hotwire.com, aa.com
I also find that fares to SDQ are always the cheapest too.

gmalet
09-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Santo Domingo.- American Airlines on Monday said it will continue offering services to the Dominican Republic, including its subsidiary American Eagle.

On September 24 the airline announced that as of April 6, 2011, American Airlines will stop providing direct service from San Juan to Boston, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Tampa, Washington-Dulles and Santo Domingo.

American Eagle will stop providing direct service from San Juan to Anguilla, La Romana, Haiti, Puerto Plata and Trinidad.

Despite the changes, the airline said it will continue providing a solid itinerary of flights in Dominican Republic with American as well as with American Eagle.

MisterPink
09-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Santo Domingo.- American Airlines on Monday said it will continue offering services to the Dominican Republic, including its subsidiary American Eagle.

On September 24 the airline announced that as of April 6, 2011, American Airlines will stop providing direct service from San Juan to Boston, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Tampa, Washington-Dulles and Santo Domingo.

American Eagle will stop providing direct service from San Juan to Anguilla, La Romana, Haiti, Puerto Plata and Trinidad.

Despite the changes, the airline said it will continue providing a solid itinerary of flights in Dominican Republic with American as well as with American Eagle.

People in USA have no money for Caribbean vacations and travelling any longer. Crysis and economic decline deepen. More and more "middle class" get into poverty. And no bright changes in any near future.

Without a serious price correction and making visits more affordable Dominican Republic could be doomed.

Jimmydr
09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
People in USA have no money for Caribbean vacations and travelling any longer. Crysis and economic decline deepen. More and more "middle class" get into poverty. And no bright changes in any near future.

Without a serious price correction and making visits more affordable Dominican Republic could be doomed.

There are 400,000,000 Europeans that can travel, if they want to. :eek:

MisterPink
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
There are 400,000,000 Europeans that can travel, if they want to. :eek:

With all respect economic situation in Europe is way worse.

Jimmydr
09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
With all respect economic situation in Europe is way worse.

But they are still traveling, just as the Americans with some money are.

Mr Hillbilly
09-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Yep shits down! I am staying home:( I am broke the sky is falling.

Wait :) I will be in Medellin tomarrow if someone wants a beer. LMAO

sosuaman
09-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Consider yourselves lucky if you can afford to travel to Caribbean destinations - most cannot. Millions out of work, with no work in sight - very sad....

Jimmydr
09-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Consider yourselves lucky if you can afford to travel to Caribbean destinations - most cannot. Millions out of work, with no work in sight - very sad....

Many people were living way beyond their means. Reality has set in.:eek:

pixall7887
09-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I know a lot of people who live in a small condo with the wife and kids deal.
I don't think anybody can say that is beyond anything. When a company you have been working at for years in a fairly healthy company you don't expect to lose your job because somebody in the company wants to cut costs to keep their profits high. Those type of people far outnumber the people who lived beyond their means and couldn't adjust. Those people can blow me. I know i won't be taking another trip this year with the holidays coming up i want to save money so i can buy gifts for good friends and their kids in a tough spot. The holidays are always the toughest time of the year when things are bad.

Jimmydr
09-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Those people can blow me. I know i won't be taking another trip this year with the holidays coming up i want to save money so i can buy gifts for good friends and their kids in a tough spot. The holidays are always the toughest time of the year when things are bad.

You have the option to buy gifts or travel, you choose gifts.

Mr Hillbilly
09-29-2010, 12:20 PM
AA has shitty schedules and prices to DR and Colombia no shit their cutting service.

Jetblue and Spirit are kicking their ass on schedules.

Airlines are making record profits this year so someone is traveling.

Jimmydr
09-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I just got the spirit credit card, comes with free membership to the $9 club. Maybe it will work or maybe I will be back with American.

Mr Hillbilly
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I couldn't give a fuck less what airline I fly .

But not paying few hundred extra to get there later with AA.

I like Avianca and Jet Blue but cannot fly out of Detroit with either.

JD426
09-29-2010, 01:12 PM
You cant even get a direct flight out of JFK on AA. what kind of bullshit is that ? Some of their flights even have 2 stops, from JFK to POP ?
I can get to fucking Kazakstan with less connections. Ny'ers dont put up with that shit. They should just stop doing the DR altogether, IMO.
Back like 8-10 years ago, They had direct flights , no , or am I hallucinating ?

Jimmydr
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
You cant even get a direct flight out of JFK on AA. what kind of bullshit is that ? Some of their flights even have 2 stops, from JFK to POP ?
I can get to fucking Kazakstan with less connections. Ny'ers dont put up with that shit. They should just stop doing the DR altogether, IMO.
Back like 8-10 years ago, They had direct flights , no , or am I hallucinating ?

95% of the people flying are Dominicans returning to visit family.

officemgr
09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Just bought a ticket on aa. NY to STI and POP to JFK with a layover on the way back. $387 not bad, considering the joy I get from the chicas.

MisterPink
09-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Just bought a ticket on aa. NY to STI and POP to JFK with a layover on the way back. $387 not bad, considering the joy I get from the chicas.

good for you!

what price you will consider "bad"?

Jimmydr
09-29-2010, 01:42 PM

How much are taxis to Sosua these days from Santiago.

officemgr
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Last I heard 2000 pesos. Depending on how I feel I might take caribe. 600 pesos including a taxi to the station. From NY to Dr should be around 350 unless you go near a holiday.

hugrad95a
09-29-2010, 02:22 PM
The taxes from JFK to the DR run about 133 round trip. So factor that in when booking a flight. Jet Blue flights usually run 120 round each way, about 240 and then you factor in the taxes and you get up to $370. Anything less than that and you got a good price.

ralphie1
09-29-2010, 04:30 PM
How much are taxis to Sosua these days from Santiago.

$70-80 bucks

DMV
09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Airlines are making record profits this year so someone is traveling.
So can we get some discounts for the times we had to bail them out?

hioctane
09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
So can we get some discounts for the times we had to bail them out?

If Spirit is making money with dirt cheap prices then obviously, other airlines are making even more money! I think it's because the price of oil has been dropping, yet they are not dropping fares. They use price of oil as an excuse to raise fares and are banking when oil prices drop.

JD426
09-29-2010, 09:19 PM
If Spirit is making money with dirt cheap prices then obviously, other airlines are making even more money! I think it's because the price of oil has been dropping, yet they are not dropping fares. They use price of oil as an excuse to raise fares and are banking when oil prices drop.
Thats the first thing you said that makes any sense. :rofl:
just kidding.
UPS and other Delivery Companies did the same type of shit, DRASTICALLY increased their prices when diesel was like $5 + a gallon, and NEVER dropped them back down when prices stabilized to like HALF that price.
The airline industry gets away with shit, no other companies would. I cant think of one , can you ?
Imagine you are sitting in a restaurant, and you are paying $50 for a meal, and the guy next to you brags he is only going to pay $20 for the exact same meal.
Hotels Sort of do it too, but not on the same level as airlines, where you are sitting literally next to each other as the exact same service is being rendered.
But i am not referring to what should be legal or not, i was referring to what shoule be acceptable practice in the marketplace.
Also weight overage Charges should be posted in HUGE PRINT (that should be a LAW).
So that you would know if you go 4 lbs over, its going to cost you an extra $100 and it doesnt matter if the wife or whoever is traveling with you is 20# UNDER weight , they will still hit you with the overage on the ONE suitcase, That Should be ILLEGAL.. Why the fuck do they even bother letting you check in together and asking "who is traveling with you ".. What the fuck is the point of that ?

mikelodge
09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Yep shits down! I am staying home:( I am broke the sky is falling.

Wait :) I will be in Medellin tomarrow if someone wants a beer. LMAO

8 So that trailer full of aluminum cans your mom saved and was going to donate to the Girl Scouts is empty in fact missing. You could have just sold the cans and left the trailer but this way I suppose you didn't have to unload them off the pallets and hell even a used trailer most have brought a few hundred. :rofl: :wink: Someone already had a beer, a real big bucket of beer.

I totally made that up in case anyone didn't know. :lol:

PS American's schedule sucks

biggun1221
09-29-2010, 11:00 PM
If you were watching the news programs, they said the biggest part of the large profits were coming from the add on pricing such as, luggage extra leg room and the other things they have come up with to try to justify the prices they are charging now.

The Sage
09-29-2010, 11:52 PM
The JFK to STI flight lands about 11:00 am. Taxi to Carribe Tours or Metro is 600 pesos or around $17. Bus fare to Sousa is $4 to $5. In total $21 to $22 and you'll be in Sosua by 3:15 at the latest. Much cheaper than a taxi and who knows you might meet your future ex-wife at the station or on the bus.

Mr Hillbilly
09-30-2010, 12:01 AM
8 So that trailer full of aluminum cans your mom saved and was going to donate to the Girl Scouts is empty in fact missing. You could have just sold the cans and left the trailer but this way I suppose you didn't have to unload them off the pallets and hell even a used trailer most have brought a few hundred. :rofl: :wink: Someone already had a beer, a real big bucket of beer.

I totally made that up in case anyone didn't know. :lol:

PS American's schedule sucks

Haven't talked to my mother in 23 years. Might as well start cancelling trips and give my money to bums.

mikelodge
09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Haven't talked to my mother in 23 years. Might as well start cancelling trips and give my money to bums.

Living in her basement you should at least go up and say hi for Thanksgiving. Maybe get some food.

So when ya headin down to Pilsen Country?

I suppose I have to go back there pretty soon too since I have over 400k in Pesos sitting in a shirt pocket. :wink:

hioctane
09-30-2010, 01:02 AM
If you were watching the news programs, they said the biggest part of the large profits were coming from the add on pricing such as, luggage extra leg room and the other things they have come up with to try to justify the prices they are charging now.

It's all fuzzy math anyway. It doesn't matter where profits come (in only does to the media) as long as they make a profit. It's like on eBay when one guy sells something for a $1 but charges $19 shipping. Another guy sells it for $19 and charges $1 shipping. At the end of the day, seller A seems unethical but you are ultimately paying the same thing for either. Sounds familiar with a certain airline? But people like to bitch and moan anyway even though the total price is the same or in many cases less. :rolleyes:

Mr Hillbilly
09-30-2010, 04:31 AM
I suppose I have to go back there pretty soon too since I have over 400k in Pesos sitting in a shirt pocket. :wink:

No I am scared I am staying home. Wait my section was just called for boarding:rofl:

Hope the monsoons are over but wet hard Paisa nipples would be an acceptable site.

Mike where is those pics of those hot ass babes from Mayorista don't tell me you only got pics of pasta:icontd:

mikelodge
09-30-2010, 09:49 AM
No I am scared I am staying home. Wait my section was just called for boarding:rofl:

Hope the monsoons are over but wet hard Paisa nipples would be an acceptable site.

Mike where is those pics of those hot ass babes from Mayorista don't tell me you only got pics of pasta:icontd:

Didn't have any pasta, if I want pasta I go to my Mom's house she makes her own.

hioctane
09-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Didn't have any pasta, if I want pasta I go to my Mom's house she makes her own.

Seriously! What's with people going on vacation looking for food they can get back home? :confused:

Jimmydr
09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Seriously! What's with people going on vacation looking for food they can get back home? :confused:

They happen to eat what we eat, in Medellin. Some of us don't spend 18 hours a day looking for chicas.

JD426
09-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Drives me absolutely apeshit, when I see Americans sitting at McDonalds in Germany talking about how its so good to have food just like at Home. They have only been on the ground for 2 days, and they are fucking starving to death for Mickey D's ? Fucking pitiful . Im guessing they probably do the Same shit in Paris France and Italy too.

papi_sosua
09-30-2010, 01:50 PM
At McDonalds in Germany, at least you can order a beer with your Quarter Pounder any time of the day...

Drives me absolutely apeshit, when I see Americans sitting at McDonalds in Germany talking about how its so good to have food just like at Home. They have only been on the ground for 2 days, and they are fucking starving to death for Mickey D's ? Fucking pitiful . Im guessing they probably do the Same shit in Paris France and Italy too.

JD426
09-30-2010, 01:52 PM
At McDonalds in Germany, at least you can order a beer with your Quarter Pounder any time of the day...

Heck, you can get a beer from the Vending machine at Work...

adios
09-30-2010, 02:16 PM
At Burger King too. ;)

ralphie1
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM

when i travel i like to eat the food the denizens do. most always find something that i really really like. seldom strike out

eating is one of the things i enjoy a lot when i travel, trying different things

mikelodge
09-30-2010, 04:17 PM
They happen to eat what we eat, in Medellin. Some of us don't spend 18 hours a day looking for chicas.

I think it is fun to try new places to eat. You can find chicas in a few hours a day and if you have a few numbers especially for Sunday then you don't have to look at all some days.

I can get Thai food in the Midwest or any city in the US or get it in Sosua or get it in Medellin it isn't going to be all the same but that is what makes it fun to try. Some pretty good bakerys there in Laureles too.

Jimmydr
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
I think it is fun to try new places to eat. You can find chicas in a few hours a day and if you have a few numbers especially for Sunday then you don't have to look at all some days.

I can get Thai food in the Midwest or any city in the US or get it in Sosua or get it in Medellin it isn't going to be all the same but that is what makes it fun to try. Some pretty good bakerys there in Laureles too.

The Mexican food was very good in the 4 places that I ate in. Chines food is missing the spices that are required so the 3 places that I ate in were not good at all.

mikelodge
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
The Mexican food was very good in the 4 places that I ate in. Chines food is missing the spices that are required so the 3 places that I ate in were not good at all.

I had some Mexican at that place next to the Estaban when I went there to check it out. The nachos were served in a odd way in like a popcorn sleave or something instead of on a platter so the meat sort of fell down but they were good. Only Asian food I tried was at the Thai place in Parque Lleras next to Pizza 1969 both places were good.

So much good food down there you don't have to go very far to find some. I wanted to try Crepes and Waffles but the line was 25 people waiting on the sidewalk to get in the door.

jose1234
09-30-2010, 10:37 PM
And I thought everyone here only orders melons and tacos...

mikelodge
09-30-2010, 10:42 PM
And I thought everyone here only orders melons and tacos...

Is that a joke? :confused:

Mr. Smooth
10-01-2010, 04:44 AM

Hamburger Royal mit kase und pils, bitte schoen.

Ah yes, I had a few of them back then. A cheeseburger and a cold beer. Whats not too like?

Mr Hillbilly
10-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Keep in mind Spirit sarted a NEW Company with 30 year old planes. They were only ones to turn a profit last year weren't they? Just becuase other carriers charge more doesn't mean they have higher profits margins if their carrying higher debt load with new planes. But I was waiting for those buisness tips!!!

hioctane
10-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Keep in mind Spirit sarted a NEW Company with 30 year old planes. They were only ones to turn a profit last year weren't they? Just becuase other carriers charge more doesn't mean they have higher profits margins if their carrying higher debt load with new planes. But I was waiting for those buisness tips!!!

What new company are they starting? I was under the impression all Spirit planes are brand new.

Mr Hillbilly
10-01-2010, 09:51 AM

No they spend all there money on food and don't have left for Sunblock!

Like I said before you won't find any girls with Visas with your head stuffed in a Pizza box you have to go on patrol.

I can fucking eat when I get home.

In search of PASTA or in Search of CHICAS?--if its the later just download pics off Fazolis and masturbate all day!

Jimmydr
10-01-2010, 09:55 AM
No they spend all there money on food and don't have left for Sunblock!

Like I said before you won't find any girls with Visas with your head stuffed in a Pizza box you have to go on patrol.

I can fucking eat when I get home.

In search of PASTA or in Search of CHICAS?--if its the later just download pics off Fazolis and masturbate all day!

You should be out there right now, searching for Visa chicas while your novia is hard at work instead of telling everyone else what they should be doing.

Mr Hillbilly
10-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Leaving now as matter of fact.

There is just a fine line between posting food pics and chic pics I think the food has taken over.

I like good food too at times.

Malo
10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Leaving now as matter of fact.

There is just a fine line between posting food pics and chic pics I think the food has taken over.

I like good food too at times.

There are no fine lines when we can post as many pictures as we want.

Mr Hillbilly
10-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Most of Spirits planes are old.

A new paint job and interior I guess go a long way.

Don't know price difference between new planes and old but I bet it is alot.

hioctane
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Most of Spirits planes are old.

A new paint job and interior I guess go a long way.

Don't know price difference between new planes and old but I bet it is alot.

Where are you getting this information from?

According to their wiki:

As of September 2009, Spirit’s average fleet age was 3.3 years old.[25] Spirit has the second youngest Airbus fleet in the Americas[26] after the Mexican airline, Volaris.[27]

Mr Hillbilly
10-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Got the same info on internet. :) But be careful of WIKI they said Colombian drug trade was 2 billion a year buisness--- the Colombian government alone seized more than that last year and I am sure the percentage they caught was low.

DRCowboy
12-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I am checking into flights for April. Pittsburgh tp POP. Getting down is easy, getting back is either a full day travel (get home after midnight), or a layover in Miami. Are ther any cheap hotels that have a shuttle. I was thinking of getting a good night sleep and home by noon the next day.

Any good hotels? Hoping to hear from either locals or people that use Miami alot.

many thanks in advance.

Jimmydr
12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I am checking into flights for April. Pittsburgh tp POP. Getting down is easy, getting back is either a full day travel (get home after midnight), or a layover in Miami. Are ther any cheap hotels that have a shuttle. I was thinking of getting a good night sleep and home by noon the next day.

Any good hotels? Hoping to hear from either locals or people that use Miami alot.

many thanks in advance.

There is the Marriott complex and they have free shuttles.

mikelodge
12-20-2010, 07:54 PM
There is the Marriott complex and they have free shuttles.

There is also a Holiday Inn but I prefer the Crown Plaza they are usually the same price or cheaper and their free shuttle will take you down to South Beach so you can hit the clubs because they go pick up at the port.

swiggy
12-20-2010, 08:35 PM

I know this post is 3 months old but i never saw it before. I used to fly direct to POP out of JFK for cheap. Once i paid 225 including tax and 250 tax included quite a few times also. Tax used to be $107

FritoBandito
02-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Holy effen hell, was checking AA summer rates and man did they jack ticket prices way up!!!! Same flight schedule as in March, the July flight will cost me almost $300 dollars more!!!!! What the f**k?????

Biggest hike I've seen in airline fees since I've been flying to the DR (3 years)!!!!!!

Good luck with your Sosua clean-up, mayor, airline rates go any higher and you'll be left with a nice respectable ghost town...........

Signed,
Dudley Downer (Debby's brother...lol)

hioctane
02-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Yeah.. "Increased fuel charges". Spirit jacked up their fairs $150 too.. :mad: I should have booked for the rest of the year when I had a chance.

BCell
02-18-2011, 01:33 AM
lowest fare on aa (NYC-MDE), is $306 each way before taxes, unbelievable

Mr. Smooth
02-18-2011, 05:19 AM
I was wondering when this subject might rear it's ever so ugly head. I was just checking for the helluva it last night what the fares would be for my June and September trips had I booked now as opposed to the last week of January when I did them both within a few days of each other.

As I am also flying AA, my costs would have been another $475 dollars combined for those flights. No doubt it will only be going higher in the oncoming weeks. Although my Mastercard took a major hit on this month's statement, it would only have been worse in March or April. Glad to get it behind me.

Oil prices on the world market are going up and jet fuel is following suit. And the airlines will be passing their cost onto the public. Guys, if you can at all afford to pull the trigger now on a flight reservation, even if it isn't until Oct-Nov, DO IT!! You will save yourself some cash.

Sidney
02-18-2011, 08:25 AM
AA just tripled the mileage ticket requirements from POP to Buenos Aires! Astounding!

Chief Papi Lindo
02-18-2011, 08:55 AM
does anybody know why fuel is going up?

knotty
02-18-2011, 09:03 AM
the dollar is getting weaker and the revolutions occuring in the middle east, and also not to forget, China & India are demanding more of that black gold.

FritoBandito
02-18-2011, 11:05 AM
the dollar is getting weaker and the revolutions occuring in the middle east, and also not to forget, China & India are demanding more of that black gold.

I also saw as an excuse to raise gas is that the improvement of the US economy has caused more demand in the country.

Some good news, has anybody noticed though that the dollar keeps gaining a little all the time against the Dominican Peso????

Alas, I think these high fuel prices are really going to have an impact on tourism in Sosua this summer.....no doubt in my mind...I'll bet there'll be even less tourists than last year...and that was one of the slowest years in over 10 years.......

cdstart=5%20Weeks%20of%20Vacation%20in%20Su%2E%2E%2ESu%2E%2E%2ESosualand&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/domrepflag.jpg&yr=2011&mo=3&da=8&hr=15&mi=45&sc=0&cdend=Me%20So%20Horney%2C%20Baby%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E&txtcolor=0xffff&untilcolor=0xffff

Hunter
02-18-2011, 11:19 AM
I also saw as an excuse to raise gas is that the improvement of the US economy has caused more demand in the country.]

Can you spell out exactly what the fares are for summer / were now....what city you fly out of...

FritoBandito
02-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Can you spell out exactly what the fares are for summer / were now....what city you fly out of...

I fly out of Pittsburgh....

$502 roundtrip March/April --- $798 July/August

Oh, and factor in the baggage charge, there's another $130

Total cost, about $928........

You can check the rates yourself and go to American Airlines....

I leave on a Tuesday in March and come back on a Weds in April

Now go and punch in those same days in July and you can see for yourself the huge difference......

Oh, I forgot to add that my AA tickets are the cheapest non-refundable tickets you can get !!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

deezl
02-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Now go and punch in those same days in July and you can see for yourself the huge difference......

Oh, I forgot to add that my AA tickets are the cheapest non-refundable tickets you can get !!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

depending on the dates in july, continental flights for PIT-POP range from $566-$641 but i think they all route you through newark. co also still waives the 1st bag fee on international flights so that's a few bucks saved as well.

Mr. Smooth
02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I have looked on Kayak for a December flight from San Francisco to Bangkok. I saw a Korean Air for just a bit over $1000 rt. The only problem is on the return, there is an 8 hour layover in Seoul. The rest of the flights are $1475 and up. But, I may go with it as a long wait being the price to pay for saving almost $500 to me is worth it.

brovo35
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM

depending on the dates in july, continental flights for PIT-POP range from $566-$641 but i think they all route you through newark. co also still waives the 1st bag fee on international flights so that's a few bucks saved as well.

Frito,

DEEZl makes a good point!

Unless you are absolutely tied to AA you may want to go with continental. I have flown out of PIT after finding out that they are usually about 200 less then flying out of Cleveland. Continental was an improvement in my opinion over AA PIT to POP. They have a 6:30 flight as well thats not bad. CO going through EWR was better at that time then the AA stopover in MIA. AA always has these crazy long layovers on the return leg also.

papi_sosua
02-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I am paying $708 on AA, ATL-POP, in April.
It is getting really ridiculous. Mind you that DL wants even more money. And STI on AA is not a good alternative because of the 8 pm arrival, and neither is flying into SDQ.

I need to look into flying straight to PAP rather than POP...

Sidney
02-18-2011, 06:20 PM
I am paying $708 on AA, ATL-POP, in April.
It is getting really ridiculous. Mind you that DL wants even more money. And STI on AA is not a good alternative because of the 8 pm arrival, and neither is flying into SDQ.

I need to look into flying straight to PAP rather than POP...
Maybe try ATL--FLL, then Spirit FLL -- STI ?

SeaWeed
02-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Maybe try ATL--FLL, then Spirit FLL -- STI ?
How don't know how guys do that Spirit flight into STI at 2AM.....be a horrible way for this guy to start a vacation.

questner
02-18-2011, 09:50 PM

F... AA Follow price finding. Price is what is actually paid. Travel with other airline. BTW AA is no longer providing quotes for major search engines like Orbitz. F...

Usually summer sale is in March. Now there is spring sale. For summer tickets I would wait a bit.

Jet fuel is expensive because only certain percentage of oil in a barrel is good for jet fuel and demand for jet fuel is growing fast. And like in diesel there are no substitutes (airplanes don't fly on ethanol, liquid gas, no electrical batteries or solar panels or nukes...). Also refineries are close to capacity.

Dave Diaz
02-18-2011, 10:28 PM
A friend of mine who posts on another board told me that DR is having one of its busiest and most successful tourism seasons in a while. That the income of tourists is hitting record highs for them.

Soon as I heard this I thought thats why the prices were being jacked up.

FritoBandito
02-25-2011, 06:06 PM
The ONLY reason I'll probably do the DR this summer is that I am eligible for a free one way ticket, BUT with the high flight prices, I won't hardly save any money (as compared to when prices were "normal") and the one way ticket I'll pay for is almost twice the cost of a ticket before the airlines raised their rates.

Can't win for losing.......:rolleyes:

papi_sosua
02-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Cry me a river!:smile:

You have got a healthy hand, and for all we know, masturbation is still legal in the US. Imagine how much you will save w/ each stroke!:wink:

FritoBandito
03-07-2011, 01:43 AM
American Airlines is now going to charge for a second checked bag, $30, for flights anywhere in the Caribbean. :mad:

Gonna cost a chunk of change to fly this summer !!!!!!

For tickets purchased before February 10, 2011:
Two bags checked - No charge

For tickets purchased on or after February 10, 2011:
$30 for the second checked bag. Exceptions may apply (http://javascript<b></b>:window.open('/i18n/utility/baggageExceptions.jsp','baggageExceptions','scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,width=475,height=430,top=125,left=325'); void('');).

greydread
03-07-2011, 05:56 AM
The volatility in the Middle East is making fuel futures soar. I paid $3.45 a gallon for regular yesterday. The discounts will come within 3-6 weeks of your travel dates but right now the airlines are hedging against taking losses on future fuel cost increases.

If we wait the prices will come down but it's a cat & mouse game right now. I'm checking alternate destinations and right now Aruba is $20 cheaper than SDQ. It used to be $200 more. I love the D.R. but I will travel anywhere they have beautiful beaches and outstanding Pum-pum. It may be time to switch flavors.

spanky27312
03-10-2011, 06:31 PM
You can go on backpage.com and find wh.... on there for $80 since they shut down craigslist adult section.

Firedude
03-10-2011, 08:51 PM
My flight for July from SFO to POP on AA cost $696. On my first trip to Sosua last March I had to spend the night in Miami on the way back. This time I don't=) Saves a few $$

whatever
03-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Those flight prices make it cheaper to monger locally.

spanky27312
03-11-2011, 03:00 PM
yes it does make more sense but then you could get a female cop, they play the switch on you, could get rolled by guys working with her, its more fun in sosua looking and drinking before you pick one---lol

the guys in nyc sill have it made with jet blue direct flight---when you have to make several stops we are scr... price wise.

Passport Playa
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM

This justifies my usage of 30,000 miles and $72.50 (in taxes) for a roundtrip from LGA to MDE. Next up, my summer trip to chicaland. Based upon my research, I will have to use 30,000 miles for a one-way business class flight back home plus $63.30 (in taxes). I hate to think what I am going to pay for my one-way flight to the land of chicas.

Mr. B

deep2001
03-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I had to postpone my April trip because AA and other airlines jacked up their rates. It's crazy! There's no way I'm paying over 1K to fly to the D.R. The rates are usually over $600 for a flight to Chicago to D.R.anyway, which I'm willing to spend, but $1,100+. So now I'm eyeballing late June or July. PLEASE AIRFARES....GO DOWN!!

TNT72
03-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I had to postpone my April trip because AA and other airlines jacked up their rates. It's crazy! There's no way I'm paying over 1K to fly to the D.R. The rates are usually over $600 for a flight to Chicago to D.R.anyway, which I'm willing to spend, but $1,100+. So now I'm eyeballing late June or July. PLEASE AIRFARES....GO DOWN!!

Did you check the prices to Santiago on AA? I saved quite a bit of money by flying into STI.

joeybk
03-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Prices r crazy

I was looking at flights to panama city sprnig break then thought about sosua in late july .My jaw dropped when i seen those numbers 665 6+.i paid 3 and change this past september,its double now.

I exspect prices to drop when things cool out in the Middle east,atleast i hope.

theheights718
03-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Also gotta remember guys...its spring break season so the prices are more anyway...but these gas prices are retarded...Spirit in Dec-Jan had flights to DR from LGA to STI with a stop in MIA for $298 (taxes included), now they want a $60+ fuel surcharge each way :eek:

LJDMV
03-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Are you going to be in sosua at the end of this month?

Also gotta remember guys...its spring break season so the prices are more anyway...but these gas prices are retarded...Spirit in Dec-Jan had flights to DR from LGA to STI with a stop in MIA for $298 (taxes included), now they want a $60+ fuel surcharge each way :eek:

JD426
03-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Im seeing $616 - 700 range now , no ? thats 4/18- 4/25 ..just keep checking daily. 30 days out, and after midnight specifically , is the best time to buy a ticket. I'm in the same boat.

hioctane
03-14-2011, 01:14 PM

Wow.. In a little less than a month.. Prices jacked up to $460 (after taxes)!

BCell
03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Wow.. In a little less than a month.. Prices jacked up to $460 (after taxes)!

that's a good deal right now for NYC-MDE, it's probably on Spirit though...I'm holding on a 15 day trip right now running:

Spirit depart at $198 + $20 carry-on
AA return at 15k miles + $89 for taxes and fees (which makes no sense because the taxes/fees for RT miles are less @ $69; even with the CO tax of 16% it's a scam lol...anybody know why that is?)

hioctane
03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
that's a good deal right now for NYC-MDE, it's probably on Spirit though...I'm holding on a 15 day trip right now running:

Spirit depart at $198 + $20 carry-on
AA return at 15k miles + $89 for taxes and fees (which makes no sense because the taxes/fees for RT miles are less @ $69; even with the CO tax of 16% it's a scam lol...anybody know why that is?)

How were you able to get AA with 15k miles? The lowest I see now is 30k.

daddyooo
03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I checked prices from Ohio for week of Memorial Day......Almost $800! I think I will wait for a sale.

BCell
03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
How were you able to get AA with 15k miles? The lowest I see now is 30k.

there's a lot of 15k for april, may..maybe the calendar defaults to 30k, click the 15k green box at the top to display those dates

GrandePadre
03-20-2011, 04:14 AM
With Flight Prices where they are right now, I will not be back to DR for a little while....namely fall, this throws off my whole schedule!

So I am trying to open up and ask for a little help with finding some good dates and airfare, what sites do you use. I am not asking for someone to do the leg work, just put me in some good directions.

Right now Vayama seems to be a pretty good site. I am not feeling these 800-1000 prices!

ALso if anyone knows some decent 1 or 2 br places that you can rent for a month at a reasonable price for a month I would be very interested in.

hugrad95a
03-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Have you used Kayak to track your flights. Also you may have to be creative on which airport your use. There are three airports in the DR. Maybe you have to fly into Santo Domingo or Santiago but, then leave from POP. On my last trip I was able to stay in my range by flying into SDQ then taking the bus to Sosua. The bus ride is not too bad, get a few presidentes and chill with your ipod.

Since you are coming from the West Coast what is your price range?

hugrad95a
03-20-2011, 06:32 AM
http://www.kayak.com/flights/SAN,nearby-SDQ,STI,POP/2011-05-04-flexible/2011-05-11-flexible

FYI, I used to be work as an independent travel agent with Global travel international, I'm thinking about restarting my membership with all the dudes that travel here I might be able to help yall out and make a little money lol.

S. what are your travel dates that you would like which months are good for you how long 7 or more and what is your budget.

To get the best price I advise to open your travel Parameters to SDQ and STI.

greydread
03-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I hate Spirit, but thay've got a fare sale going: DCA-SDQ $302 R/T total.

I may consider forgiving them.

GrandePadre
03-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Have you used Kayak to track your flights. Also you may have to be creative on which airport your use. There are three airports in the DR. Maybe you have to fly into Santo Domingo or Santiago but, then leave from POP. On my last trip I was able to stay in my range by flying into SDQ then taking the bus to Sosua. The bus ride is not too bad, get a few presidentes and chill with your ipod.

Damn HUgrad, that got me under my target price! I usually prefer to get there on a weekend but damn I will come in the middle of the week if it means me getting there the same day!

My target price is typically 650 and below. The schedule you linked for me was 593! Anything below 600 is gravy for me since I am coming from the west. I just have to be careful about redeye flights since I don't want to get hotel stays involved. Funny thing is, I HATE flying...but I love pussy...amazing what pussy will make you do!

LJDMV
03-20-2011, 12:10 PM
You could have got the same thing going the first week of April as long as u fly into A different airport than POP Sacase

GrandePadre
03-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah and I could be out of a job which pays me very well so I can afford to go to Sosua a couple times a year.

DCIronman
03-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I hate Spirit, but thay've got a fare sale going: DCA-SDQ $302 R/T total.

I may consider forgiving them.

Does that include a checked bag? Because Spirit charges $66 r/t for one checked bag. Which would only take the price up to $368. Still a great deal.

I forgave Spirit for my last trip to Medellin. That was after a 5 year boycott. I must admit, they redeemed themselves by delivering as promised this time. And with the sales they've been having on fares to both the DR and Colombia, I'll probably be flying with them a lot more often.

DCIronman
03-20-2011, 01:53 PM

This is what I do. I haven't flown into POP in about 6 years. Since flights from DCA into SDQ are usually around $200 cheaper, it's a no brainer for me. If I absolutely have to be in Santiago or Sosua, I fly into SDQ the day before. I spend the night and get up bright and early to catch the early Caribe Tour bus. If you catch that magic window after morning rush hour, and before lunch, you can get to Santiago in about 2 hours. And Sosua in little over 4.

Plus, I actually enjoy riding the bus and seeing the countryside. If you're only doing a quick weekend trip, and you must do it in Sosua, I can see why this route may not be an option. But if you're doing a week or more, I think that it's worth it to save the money.

Mr. Smooth
03-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Since I come from the west coast too, my options are limited. I booked in late January for my DR trip in June. Flying from SF into SDQ and out of POP. $636 all in and I will take that Caribe bus and see some of the countryside.

It pays to be flexible in order to get the best possible fare. I normally come back on a Saturday when I am down for a week (8 days actually) but since I am going for almost 2 weeks (12 days) on this trip, I will return on a Wednesday and that saves quite a bit from a weekend return.

Hoseman
03-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Damn HUgrad, that got me under my target price! I usually prefer to get there on a weekend but damn I will come in the middle of the week if it means me getting there the same day!

My target price is typically 650 and below. The schedule you linked for me was 593! Anything below 600 is gravy for me since I am coming from the west. I just have to be careful about redeye flights since I don't want to get hotel stays involved. Funny thing is, I HATE flying...but I love pussy...amazing what pussy will make you do!I have always flown on Wed. or Tues it is cheaper.

greydread
03-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Does that include a checked bag? Because Spirit charges $66 r/t for one checked bag. Which would only take the price up to $368. Still a great deal.

I forgave Spirit for my last trip to Medellin. That was after a 5 year boycott. I must admit, they redeemed themselves by delivering as promised this time. And with the sales they've been having on fares to both the DR and Colombia, I'll probably be flying with them a lot more often.

Oh shit. I thought you get one checked bag for free. Oh well, for that price I'll travel with just a pair of dungarees and a couple t-shirts in a backpack. It's not like I bring "gift bags" for the Ho's or anything. I could go out in the same clothes for a week there and I don't think it would make a difference. It's not like I'm trying to impress anybody. Pesos is style enough. :rofl:

eman
03-21-2011, 10:41 AM
The last 2 months the price flying from Chicago to POP was $560 Roundtrip (American Airlines). This morning, the price dropped to $450 including Taxes & Fees. Only a 2 hour layover in Miami. Had to book it for September 2011. Not a bad price.

sonrisa
04-20-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm from the midwest. One quick plane ride to Miami and I am on my way to Puerto Plata . . . or Santiago as a back-up plan. I've been checking on some prices of airflights for a 10-day trip in May to early June and the prices are ridiculous. Add in the crazy Dominican taxes of $150 and the prices from the midwest are getting close to $1000. Sure I look for ways to find the best prices, but the pickings are slim to none lately.

Fortunately, the price of the ticket will not keep me from coming. However, I will be more creative and maybe stay longer and take less trips. I wonder what the threshold is when many folks will simply stay home. Spending a $1000 on airfare alone for a week's stay will probably push the envelope for a lot of guys. Eastcoast guys with no stops certainly pay less, but I imagine the prices there are starting to pick up as well.

Again, my plan is to take fewer trips, but stay longer. In reality, two week trips four or five times a year.

Here are several questions perhaps we can discuss in this thread:

1) Are the current air prices affecting/changing your plans?

2) How will the current air prices affect the tourist and hotel industry in places like Sosua and Medellin? How will this affect our favorite sport in both positive and negative ways?

3) What is the threshold that the airline companies shoot themselves in the foot with what feels like some price-gouging, especially when all the extra fees are added on?

whynotme
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
kevy just phones me when he sees a deal and we book:bigthumbup:

Seville
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't think the airlines have an option. How many airlines have you read about it the last 5 - 7 years that are turning a profit? It is not like they are price gouging. People are going to have to pay the costs or travel less.

whynotme
04-20-2011, 10:38 PM
I don't think the airlines have an option. How many airlines have you read about it the last 5 - 7 years that are turning a profit? It is not like they are price gouging. People are going to have to pay the costs or travel less.
or wait for the sell offs and jump on it:bigthumbup:

i hesitated on bkk for june when kevy booked at 1100ish and now its up to 1500 ish:eek:...........but wtf........i still may join him;)

questner
04-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Each airline hedges against rising fuel costs differently. Just get info from sedar.com and read:rofl: Here are my suggestions:

a) Substitute trips. Take a trip to a destination where the prices are lower now. Travel to where you wanted later.

b) Take a long haul flight. There is plenty to see in Asia. On a per mile basis it is cheaper.

c) Take a look at destination which have been added recently by major airlines and there is extra capacity. Example: Montego Bay, Jamaica

d) travel off season, like September to November

As for prices, personally I've got a non scientific stupid formula which works for me:

(Hotel + Hooker + Airfare/Nights) should be less or equal $200

This formula tells me that POP is no go for a week at $1,000 airfare.

Anyway, any suggestions for the most cost effective way YYZ-Colombia in July? (MDE, BOG, CTG). Costs should cover one checked in item and extras if there is 2 pairs of tickets or there is a border crossing.

Pana
04-21-2011, 01:28 AM
For 1000US you might as well do go out Asia if you have 2 weeks off, at the end it will come out cheaper than going to DR.

I'm from the midwest. One quick plane ride to Miami and I am on my way to Puerto Plata . . . or Santiago as a back-up plan. I've been checking on some prices of airflights for a 10-day trip in May to early June and the prices are ridiculous. Add in the crazy Dominican taxes of $150 and the prices from the midwest are getting close to $1000. Sure I look for ways to find the best prices, but the pickings are slim to none lately.

Fortunately, the price of the ticket will not keep me from coming. However, I will be more creative and maybe stay longer and take less trips. I wonder what the threshold is when many folks will simply stay home. Spending a $1000 on airfare alone for a week's stay will probably push the envelope for a lot of guys.

princepointe
04-21-2011, 01:56 AM
For 1000US you might as well do go out Asia if you have 2 weeks off, at the end it will come out cheaper than going to DR.

I will never pay more than 600 to fly to DR again unless I'll be there for at least 3 weeks. Less than that it's not worth it.

deezl
04-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Last year at this time you could book a flight on the EWR-POP route at Continental for under $400 just about every day of the week, sometimes for as little as $352. This July there isn't a single flight on that route under $772 and most of the flights are $900 & up.

I'm planning on heading back in June, but I'm going to have to fly Jet Blue out of JFK because I'm not paying more than $500 for that flight, forget $900. I'm pretty much just hoping a special pops up at this point.

greydread
04-21-2011, 08:16 AM
People are finding other places to go. It's all timing. Spirit had a sale recently with loads of flights from $302 (DCA-SDQ) but it was in the middle of my busy season so I couldn't take advantage of it. Now the same flights are $500+ and my strategy is to check other locations for the time I want to travel, factor in other costs (lodging, meals, Pum-Pum) and choose one or simply wait for the next sale.

When Delta had a DCA-MBJ sale last Summer ($288 r/t) I booked 2 flights with the $$ I had set aside for one DR trip. Irie :)

TNT72
04-21-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm glad I've been accumulating miles on Spirit for about 4 years! With prices the way they are. My base ticket to STI would have been $450, plus the baggage fee's they throw on there. Would have been around $500, plus taxi back and forth to Sosua.

I was able to book the Big Front Seat r/t for 40,000 miles and $117 for taxes.

That leaves me with 87,000 miles left!:D

That's at least 2 more trips!!!

officemgr
04-21-2011, 10:16 AM
If prices do not come down I will take one less trip this year.

BlueDevil
04-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Unless it was a trip to SEA, I would not pay $1000 for a ticket. If my preferred destination had a high fare, I would seek an alternative... maybe try some new place new. If $1000 became the new norm, then maybe I would need to start cutting down on the number of trips.

Hunter
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Unless it was a trip to SEA, I would not pay $1000 for a ticket. If my preferred destination had a high fare, I would seek an alternative... maybe try some new place new. If $1000 became the new norm, then maybe I would need to start cutting down on the number of trips.

Jimmy and BD:

What are your max prices you'll pay to go to MDE??
NYC to MDE

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Jimmy and BD:

What are your max prices you'll pay to go to MDE??
NYC to MDE

I have a free ticket to get there plus I plan on staying a month, so its no big deal.

Hunter
04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
I have a free ticket to get there plus I plan on staying a month, so its no big deal.

Since you didnt answer the question I remember you and Kevy talking about going in June and the airfares were $600 and up... and you said "I'm out" ..lol...

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Since you didnt answer the question I remember you and Kevy talking about going in June and the airfares were $600 and up... and you said "I'm out" ..lol...

I won't pay more than $400.

rodinz
04-21-2011, 01:03 PM
i just posted a 1 day sale for jetblue from nyc

365 for rt jfk to pop in sept and oct basically.

its 20% off.

might be useable to go nyc to bog and then buy a jumper flight to medellin but i dunno whats a good deal or not.

are flights cheap from bog to medellin?

Kevy
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM

cheapest I saw for June was 950, and that is in real Canadian dollars:rofl:

why pay that when I can pay 1350 and go to Thailand? Don't bother talking about the shorter flight and that, The 950 flight had 3 stops before Mde and would have taken me through 2 other countries and well over 15 hours of travel.

Hunter
04-21-2011, 06:03 PM

why pay that when I can pay 1350 and go to Thailand? Don't bother talking about the shorter flight and that, The 950 flight had 3 stops before Mde and would have taken me through 2 other countries and well over 15 hours of travel.

I'm with you...I would too.....

How many days for the June trip ??

Kevy
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm with you...I would too.....

How many days for the June trip ??

10 days, will be my shortest one.:bigthumbup:

whynotme
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
10 days, will be my shortest one.:bigthumbup:
10 days is the perfect amount of time for me anyway;)
you will love it:bigthumbup:

knotty
04-21-2011, 06:43 PM

that's how my thought process been working for years. :corky:

ElPlomero
04-21-2011, 06:48 PM

I disagree...

AA was doing flights from BOS to MDE through MIA for $450 and just changed their pricing matrix to make more and avoid giving any discounts to travel industry members.

That's what they whole Expedia thing was about.

They are charging may more than they need to in order to be profitable.

Fuel didn't go from 5 cents to 5 dollars a gallon. There's no reason to double prices when fuel is only 25% of your expenses.

Nothing else went up.

tip509
04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
When I first was looking at tickets from DCA to POP they were 700 + but tickets to STI or SDQ were a little cheaper.

I had to do a multi designation trip at 500 which will have me leaving DCA to POP then returning from STI to DCA.

I have friends that saying they are going to pay 900+ just to go to the DR with me in May. There is noway I could pay that much.

Jonew1
04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
you guys are paying 400 and 500 should consider your selves lucky... i only stay in texas and its a hop skip and a jump to pop in no time. but yet AA wants 800 or more for round trip tickets.....

LJDMV
04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
you guys are paying 400 and 500 should consider your selves lucky... i only stay in texas and its a hop skip and a jump to pop in no time. but yet AA wants 800 or more for round trip tickets.....

Are you going to book a ticket at that price?

LJDMV
04-22-2011, 08:02 AM
When I first was looking at tickets from DCA to POP they were 700 + but tickets to STI or SDQ were a little cheaper.

I had to do a multi designation trip at 500 which will have me leaving DCA to POP then returning from STI to DCA.

I have friends that saying they are going to pay 900+ just to go to the DR with me in May. There is noway I could pay that much.

Wow, you guys must really love sosu to pay $900 from DC.. I am going to have to take a break from going unless the fares come back down to $400 and under r/t... Especially with gas prices going up here each day.

greydread
04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
It's not just the airlines who are showing their greed. Those taxes and fees that are being imposed on DR flights are driving the prices over the threshhold for many. They are making Colombia look better all the time. I mean if you can fly to CTG or MDE for $50 more than flying to POP and almost double up your air miles while actually saving money on the simple pleasures of life when you arrive at your destination.....???!!!!

I don't think fuel costs have a whole lot to do with the ticket prices. It still costs less money to fly two 2:00 hr. legs to SDQ from DCA than one 1:30 leg to YUL. I love Montreal in June but FUK DAT!

Jonew1
04-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Are you going to book a ticket at that price?

you better fuckin beleive it

TC
04-22-2011, 01:37 PM
I will never pay more than 600 to fly to DR again unless I'll be there for at least 3 weeks. Less than that it's not worth it.

Anyplace I go, the more time I can spend there, the less the price of the flight matters, because, spread out over more days, it comes out to a lesser amount per day when looking at the total money spent.

el toro
04-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Since I only go like twice a year and enjoy it so much, I kind of have the come hell or high water I'm going attitude.

Last trip I booked one-way from EWR to POP because I wasn't sure how many days I could get away. Then when I went to book the return there was no way I could fly back to EWR. I fly back to JFK and the round trip cost me close to $600, but I had to get back home and wasn't going to waste the one-way ticket there.

The earlier you book the easier it feels on your pockets and makes it easier to mentally separate your air fare from hotel and recreation money.

Guys from the west coast, mid-west and southwest do pay a lot to get to DR. So I guess we have it good on the eastcoast.

Hunter
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
The airfare game is getting tough....

The prices are jumping like crazy...

Drives me nuts when you say to yourself OK I gotta pull the trigger at this price. You study and study it. Finally pull the trigger.....

2 days later its down $90.00....

Irritates me to no end. What you should do is just book and forget about it. You just feel they got one over on you when you see it go down.

AA will give you the fare difference but that costs you $150.00 change fee. So $90 bucks...they got you :mad:

Jimmydr
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
The airfare game is getting tough....

The prices are jumping like crazy...

Drives me nuts when you say to yourself OK I gotta pull the trigger at this price. You study and study it. Finally pull the trigger.....

2 days later its down $90.00....

Irritates me to no end. What you should do is just book and forget about it. You just feel they got one over on you when you see it go down.

AA will give you the fare difference but that costs you $150.00 change fee. So $90 bucks...they got you :mad:

Most people are getting ready for $5 a gallon for gas, so tickets will be on hold for the masses.

greydread
04-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Most people are getting ready for $5 a gallon for gas, so tickets will be on hold for the masses.

I've heard official estimates that gas will top out at around $6/ gallon and that we'll never see less than $4/gal again.

Fucking 401k...I shoulda' bought a tanker.

The Sage
04-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I was kidding with some friends a few months back about how I didn't like people who drive Prius automobiles. I capped the comment with the quip "They all look so smug like they know something the rest of us don't. Gas is going up to $6.00 a gallon in 4 months and I'm prepared". Now that appears to be our reality and I'm not prepared. At least I didn't run out and buy an SUV as some poor foolish souls did.

Jonew1
04-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Im trying to wait for a little bit atleast until may to see what the tickets for august will do.... im thinking that if they notice that no one is buying the tickets that the price will drop so they can start filling seats...hope it works out that way....

deezl
04-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Im trying to wait for a little bit atleast until may to see what the tickets for august will do.... im thinking that if they notice that no one is buying the tickets that the price will drop so they can start filling seats...hope it works out that way....

i wouldn't bet on it. may as well just jump on a ticket for september, it's the least traveled month so tickets should be somewhat back to normal (or at least whatever the new 'normal' is).

Jonew1
04-22-2011, 06:42 PM
i wouldn't bet on it. may as well just jump on a ticket for september, it's the least traveled month so tickets should be somewhat back to normal (or at least whatever the new 'normal' is).

just checked priceline for september tickets..... 840 and i found one for 735 in august but i would have to fly to la capital.

Pana
04-23-2011, 01:25 AM
I posted a couple an article stating that gas prices where going to 5US a gallon on here the end of last year http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=878521#post878521. Get ready for this fellas gas is going to be 7US-10US per gallon by the end of 2012. What does this mean? It's going to get really expensive for transportation, food, energy, clothes...etc. I have been investing in commodities since 2008 and you have the money I suggest you invest in this also forget about the stock market it's a ponzi scheme.

kitie carson
04-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Nope...flights from Hawaii are 1100+...so I bit the bullet and for 500 more booked 1st class..Might as well be comfortable on my 2 stop 18hr + flight to Happyland...

Hoseman
04-23-2011, 03:35 AM
just checked priceline for september tickets..... 840 and i found one for 735 in august but i would have to fly to la capital.What about STI.

Mr. Smooth
04-23-2011, 05:58 AM
just checked priceline for september tickets..... 840 and i found one for 735 in august but i would have to fly to la capital.

I bought my ticket in early February for September. SF-POP was $586 all in.
Glad I pulled the trigger when I did. The savings on that alone from what the price is now has already paid for my entire stay at the Palms.

papi_sosua
05-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Happyland for you should Thailand or the Philippines.

You got it all wrong!

Nope...flights from Hawaii are 1100+...so I bit the bullet and for 500 more booked 1st class..Might as well be comfortable on my 2 stop 18hr + flight to Happyland...

hugrad95a
05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Well up until yesterday Copa Airlines was offering 378 from JFK to SDQ. Deal was even available memorial day weekend May 25 through June 1st.

kitie carson
05-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Happyland for you should Thailand or the Philippines.

You got it all wrong!

You are correct, Flights coach from HI, are $750 RT to Manila. Until I can get more than 2 weeks off, I cannot go there. BUT I will hit BKK/PI before the year is over...

miggy99
05-11-2011, 07:35 AM
I posted a couple an article stating that gas prices where going to 5US a gallon on here the end of last year http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=878521#post878521. Get ready for this fellas gas is going to be 7US-10US per gallon by the end of 2012. What does this mean? It's going to get really expensive for transportation, food, energy, clothes...etc. I have been investing in commodities since 2008 and you have the money I suggest you invest in this also forget about the stock market it's a ponzi scheme. Don't feed into those bull#### articles of how gas is going up tlo 10.00/gal. the threshold is $4.00 avg a gallon and all the international oil companies know it. They are for now the kings of the planet. They were saying the same crap back in 2006 it stopped at $4.00---Search and search daily for flights--Airlines changes prices sometimes every hour-----I was going to SJ, Costa booked one way to get there---on spirit-- kept looking at JetBlue for a week on return flight gettin down to the end best price six dates-one cost $104.00- five $184 Looked it back up at 5:30pm. All six dates $99.00 Honest they change on a whim.

greydread
05-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Don't feed into those bull#### articles of how gas is going up tlo 10.00/gal. the threshold is $4.00 avg a gallon and all the international oil companies know it. They are for now the kings of the planet. They were saying the same crap back in 2006 it stopped at $4.00---Search and search daily for flights--Airlines changes prices sometimes every hour-----I was going to SJ, Costa booked one way to get there---on spirit-- kept looking at JetBlue for a week on return flight gettin down to the end best price six dates-one cost $104.00- five $184 Looked it back up at 5:30pm. All six dates $99.00 Honest they change on a whim.

Really?

5/11/11, Arlington, VA avg gas price = $418/ gal. reg. Wash DC= $4.23/ gal. reg.

Please tell us where to report these violations of the "International Threshold" on gas prices. I believe we have a pretty good case here.

Gas will average $5/gallon by July because idiots will pay it.

el toro
05-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Well up until yesterday Copa Airlines was offering 378 from JFK to SDQ. Deal was even available memorial day weekend May 25 through June 1st.

I've never heard of Copa before til now. So I looked up some flights for September when I plan to go and the Copa flight is $525 from JFK to SDQ and connects in Panama for some reason--seems a little far out the way. Jet Blue flight is $422 and it looks like they now run a few flights each way daily.

Jimmydr
05-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I've never heard of Copa before til now. So I looked up some flights for September when I plan to go and the Copa flight is $525 from JFK to SDQ and connects in Panama for some reason--seems a little far out the way. Jet Blue flight is $422 and it looks like they now run a few flights each way daily.

That is their Hub.

miggy99
05-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Really?

5/11/11, Arlington, VA avg gas price = $418/ gal. reg. Wash DC= $4.23/ gal. reg.

Please tell us where to report these violations of the "International Threshold" on gas prices. I believe we have a pretty good case here.

Gas will average $5/gallon by July because idiots will pay it. Why don't you learn to read brain--average nationwide, your better off just trying to read then commenting.

Jimmydr
05-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Why don't you learn to read brain--average nationwide, your better off just trying to read then commenting.

You won't get far insulting other members here.

miggy99
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
That is their Hub. YEAH i heard copas good --the reason i don't fly them is the panama connection is usually 12 hours or overnight to costa rica--not sure what it is to the DR.

miggy99
05-11-2011, 11:57 AM
You won't get far insulting other members here. Well Jimmydr shouldn't he read it clearly before commenting "international violations" oh he wasn't being sarcastic huh??

Jimmydr
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Well Jimmydr shouldn't he read it clearly before commenting "international violations" oh he wasn't being sarcastic huh??

He is a Senor member who knows his stuff.

whynotme
05-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Well Jimmydr shouldn't he read it clearly before commenting "international violations" oh he wasn't being sarcastic huh??
maybe YOU should proof read your own homophobic and sarcastic posts before/during/after you do them and also try to get along if you wish to remain unbanned

miggy99
05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
He is a Senor member who knows his stuff. Really- excuse me---its a fact big cities always charge more the the national average for everything--from big Mac to rent. And i'm learning-- it gives him the right to make wisecracks. Cause thats what it was. Average in Jersey 3.72/gal.

Jimmydr
05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Really- excuse me---its a fact big cities always charge more the the national average for everything--from big Mac to rent. And i'm learning-- it gives him the right to make wisecracks. Cause thats what it was. Average in Jersey 3.72/gal.

You earn that right, here after being active.

Jimmydr
05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
maybe YOU should proof read your own homophobic and sarcastic posts before/during/after you do them and also try to get along if you wish to remain unbanned

Getting along, its the first step on ISOC, and its not too hard.

JD426
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Multiple Miggs needs to stop hissing at our members y guests, or Dr Lecter may have to start crawling around in his brain...

jacknback
05-11-2011, 01:33 PM
You won't get far insulting other members here.

Why not?
I know someone who does it all the time!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

papi_sosua
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
A general observation about airline pricing and what we pay: all decisions are made w/ imperfect information; thus, it is all about satisficing, not optimizing!
You find an air fare that is worth it to you. Go for it! If one is trying to catch the lowest of all air fares, you'll be rotting away in your home town.

Same goes for the stock market, chicas, etc. etc. It's all about satisficing, for one in real life one will never be able to optimize!

P.S.: But prices to the DR are out-of-control right now. $700 for a 2h flight from ATL? Give me a break! I still go, but I scheme them corporations, as they are trying to scheme me!

I bought my ticket in early February for September. SF-POP was $586 all in.
Glad I pulled the trigger when I did. The savings on that alone from what the price is now has already paid for my entire stay at the Palms.

miggy99
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
maybe YOU should proof read your own homophobic and sarcastic posts before/during/after you do them and also try to get along if you wish to remain unbanned WOW because i am not a follower and have a difference of opinion you feel a personal attack is in order-- and your a super moderator. Hmmmm
Jimmydr i respect because he may not agree with me, but he respects my opinion.
Oh by the way i didn"t quite understand how your RUDE remark had anything to do with airline prices.

Nakom
05-11-2011, 06:29 PM
In the imortal words of Ernie Scar - fuck it!! I always shop for the best deal I can get, but if I got the time to go, I'm going - regardless of the flight prices.

Every higher priced flight you buy now is more points towards a free flight later on.

miggy99
05-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I know this might be common knowledge but just the same flying on a Tuesday or Wednesday is always cheaper. I know Spirit Airlines for a fact have rt from FT laud--to SDQ for 29.00 15th-20th and from 29 on up coming back. I know I sound like an advertisement for them but if you got an open schedule you can't touch some of their deals

BigLongBeach
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Don't feed into those bull#### articles of how gas is going up tlo 10.00/gal. the threshold is $4.00 avg a gallon and all the international oil companies know it. They are for now the kings of the planet. They were saying the same crap back in 2006 it stopped at $4.00---Search and search daily for flights--Airlines changes prices sometimes every hour-----I was going to SJ, Costa booked one way to get there---on spirit-- kept looking at JetBlue for a week on return flight gettin down to the end best price six dates-one cost $104.00- five $184 Looked it back up at 5:30pm. All six dates $99.00 Honest they change on a whim.

I dont think there is a cap in price. Look at some of the major cities around the world.
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

In DR it is well over $5/gallon

right now the U.S. average is $3.96/gallon

different market and different energy models dictate the prices of good and services. I wish we had venezuela prices...!

BadJokes
05-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I just paid $4.39 in DC.:mad:

kitie carson
05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I just paid $4.39 in DC.:mad:

$5.65 in HI.....:p

questner
05-11-2011, 10:06 PM
$5.65 in HI.....:p

Will gladly exchange HI climate for one in Toronto. We pay now $5.47! :mad:

($1.39 CDN per liter x 3.785 l/gal x 1.04 exchange rate)

I do an alert on Orbitz. Look at those fooking prices::mad:

Toronto, Canada (YYZ) to Medellin, Colombia (MDE)
Travel from 07-04-2011 to 07-19-2011 for $840 or less
$1,042 (https://my.orbitz.com/servlet/cc6?hjIlFQSYCQqSVpnhjsHjihNxjhnLjkQJhuVaVSCVw0bE8w9GSV55zdV9G128w9GSVf9GV9Gy602962GSVRBqRWqTRSSV0G230v962GSVRBqSDqTRSSVfGf7G0b9VYSDSTUSRV6eG0225yGSVv9VjpXtpgspKV6b0Xy0b8GX826X1bvEeGVXLX) total fare per person

Toronto, Canada (YYZ) to Cartagena, Colombia (CTG)
Travel from 07-06-2011 to 07-18-2011 for $840 or less
$910 (https://my.orbitz.com/servlet/cc6?hjIlFQSYCQqSVpnhjsHjihNxjhnLjkQJhuVaVUCVw0bE8w9GSV55zdV9G128w9GSV82EV9Gy602962GSVRBqRAqTRSSV0G230v962GSVRBqSCqTRSSVfGf7G0b9VYSDSTUSRV6eG0225yGSVv9VjpXtpgspKV6b0Xy0b8GX826SXf3e2bVXLX) total fare per person

Toronto, Canada (YYZ) to Bogota, Colombia (BOG)
Travel from 07-02-2011 to 07-19-2011 for $840 or less
$1,164 (https://my.orbitz.com/servlet/cc6?hjIlFQSYCQqSVpnhjsHjihNxjhnLjkQJhuVaVWSVw0bE8w9GTV55zdV9G128w9GTV7wEV9Gy602962GTVRBqRTqTRSSV0G230v962GTVRBqSDqTRSSVfGf7G0b9VYSDSTUSRV6eG0225yGSVv9VjpXtpgspKV6b0Xy0b8GX826TXf3e2bVXLX) total fare per person

Mr. Smooth
05-12-2011, 05:13 AM
A general observation about airline pricing and what we pay: all decisions are made w/ imperfect information; thus, it is all about satisficing, not optimizing!
You find an air fare that is worth it to you. Go for it! If one is trying to catch the lowest of all air fares, you'll be rotting away in your home town.

Same goes for the stock market, chicas, etc. etc. It's all about satisficing, for one in real life one will never be able to optimize!

P.S.: But prices to the DR are out-of-control right now. $700 for a 2h flight from ATL? Give me a break! I still go, but I scheme them corporations, as they are trying to scheme me!

Is it really $700 rt from Atlanta? That is just unbeleivable! I may have to make some hard decisions in 2012 about my travel plans if airfares don't return to something close to what they were before. With oil prices being what they are, that could prove to be a dubious prospect at best.

If things don't improve, we may have fewer trip reports to read about on ISOC next year.

mho
05-12-2011, 06:37 AM
When I was looking at ticket prices for my May/June trip, the JetBlue flights from JFK to POP were all over the place with the prices with some flights over $350...I ended up with $194 and $144 which I consider right at the edge for Sosua in the off-season. To me, it is not a destination that should command a premium fare but I am a cheap bastard anyways.

The JetBlue flights to SDQ were still reasonable, all around $122. Hmmmmm.

Jimmydr
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I just got three new credit cards with miles

Amex - 25,000 plus 15,000
Spirit - 15,000
Contential - 50,000

Travel can be cheaper

whynotme
05-12-2011, 06:02 PM
WOW because i am not a follower and have a difference of opinion you feel a personal attack is in order-- and your a super moderator. Hmmmm
Jimmydr i respect because he may not agree with me, but he respects my opinion.
Oh by the way i didn"t quite understand how your RUDE remark had anything to do with airline prices.

although mods try to stay nuetral we can still voice our own opinions about some one and their idiotic comments.

(if i wasn't a mod you would really know what i thought about you)

Jimmydr
05-12-2011, 06:07 PM
although mods try to stay nuetral we can still voice our own opinions about some one and their idiotic comments.

(if i wasn't a mod you would really know what i thought about you)

He doesn't seem to be playing well with others.

whynotme
05-12-2011, 06:09 PM
He doesn't seem to be playing well with others.
no he isn't..........so either he is still in grade school or is one of our better banned members;):rofl:

Jimmydr
05-12-2011, 06:11 PM
no he isn't..........so either he is still in grade school or is one of our better banned members;):rofl:

He can be someone new.:confused:

whynotme
05-12-2011, 06:14 PM
He can be someone new.:confused:
any thing is possible but........for a new member to sign up and start posting the same day and making controverssial remarks plus knowing our rank structure etc is not likely a newbie to isoc:corky:

papi_sosua
05-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Actually this can be another level if you have $25-100k to open up brokerage accounts. Other than that, I agree...

Best thing for me has been the Amex Platinum ($450/a fee) but netting $700 in cash plus free Medallion status on Delta, and other valuable perks.

Spirit - 15,000
Contential - 50,000

Travel can be cheaper

Jimmydr
05-12-2011, 06:19 PM
any thing is possible but........for a new member to sign up and start posting the same day and making controverssial remarks plus knowing our rank structure etc is not likely a newbie to isoc:corky:

I sign up on many other sites and start posting right off the bat. We get guys from other sites.

DCIronman
05-15-2011, 08:06 PM
$397 RT to STI on Copa Airlines!!! That's all in since Copa doesn't charge baggage fees. And it's not one of those stupid itineraries into STI that you get on Spirit. It leaves IAD at 6:30am and get's you into STI at 3:30pm that same day!

I wasn't going to do a trip to the DR until much later this year. But we don't get those prices out of the DC areas these days. So you know I had to jump on that.

I'll be in Santiago in about 2 1/2 weeks!!!! HELL YEAH!!!:corky:

kitie carson
05-15-2011, 09:44 PM
$397 RT to STI on Copa Airlines!!! That's all in since Copa doesn't charge baggage fees. And it's not one of those stupid itineraries into STI that you get on Spirit. It leaves IAD at 6:30am and get's you into STI at 3:30pm that same day!

I wasn't going to do a trip to the DR until much later this year. But we don't get those prices out of the DC areas these days. So you know I had to jump on that.

I get into Sosua June 3 for 5 days...you around then? If you are lets meet for Beer:30

DCIronman
05-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I get into Sosua June 3 for 5 days...you around then? If you are lets meet for Beer:30

Thanks. But I don't know if I'll even get to Sosua this trip. Just found out that an old classmate has been living and working in Santiago for a couple of years now (aint facebook great). Since I'm doing this one without my customary wingmen, I plan to spend quite a bit of time hanging out with her and meeting her girlfriends, some of whom are smoking judging by her FB pics.

It's a fairly short trip for me. So it makes more sense for me to spend it in Santiago since I'm flying in and out of STI. Sosua will probably have to wait until the next DR trip.

joeysterr
05-20-2011, 10:02 AM

Well DC enjoy your first Copa flight to STI because this will be the last. It saddened me to say that their East Coast flying time is changing for the worst on June 15th. Departure around 10am for both Washington and NYC flights which gets you there at 2:30p. PTY -> STI usually leaves at 12p. We're done!!!! I would surely miss those no TSA long ass line early morning flight with my 92% avg of free business class upgrade, double the usual miles of NYC-DR Continental miles + extra 25% both miles and elite qualifying miles, all the drop dead gorgeous eye candy in Panama City airport:-( I wonder who are the customer assholes who wrote letters to change the flight time. Or maybe they did it to make money, I've heard that's what the airlines are into those days! That early flight used to get the whole US Eastcoast in South America by 1pm!!! I know it I've taken Copa for MDE in February and I landed at 12:44pm!! Now it has become a pure mess! It's hard for me to say goodbye but I have to: goodbye $316 all in DR r/t flights:icontd:

joeysterr
05-20-2011, 10:03 AM

Spirit - 15,000
Contential - 50,000

Travel can be cheaper

Don't get me started:rolleyes:....

whynotme
05-20-2011, 07:01 PM
some air canada flights to asia are dropping a little so maybe an extra trip will be in the works:corky:

DMV
05-20-2011, 07:53 PM

Thanks DC
Good price compared to what I've been finding. I hate flying out of Dulles but might have to change that if the cost to get out there is worth the savings.

Finish that rail line Metro!!!

LJDMV
06-02-2011, 08:47 AM
I was checking on flight prices today from the east coast (Not NYC).. Airfares are still high flying into POP Airport.. I can't believe the prices have not gone down yet for flights through October 2011. I dont think copa airlines has any more flights from My area into Santiago.. :mad: Almost 600 including tax...

Irie
06-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I was checking flights today as well (southeast) and my normal flight from to POP through Miami really not changed much in the last few months. However, it is up about $200 from a year ago. Not enough to stop me from going though :mrgreen:

whynotme
06-02-2011, 06:40 PM
flights prices to cuba aug 1st are thru the roof:mad:so i booked using my ff miles
but flight prices to thailand are down:confused:
all of august is available for under 1,000 before tax so after i get done in asia and cuba maybe;)

rushdog34
06-02-2011, 10:01 PM
I was checking flights today as well (southeast) and my normal flight from to POP through Miami really not changed much in the last few months. However, it is up about $200 from a year ago. Not enough to stop me from going though :mrgreen:

this last ticket was more than i ever spent on a flight... but i did have to wait till last minute and it was either take the trip now or wait till next year sssooooo i'll be there next week lol

Irie
06-03-2011, 08:12 AM
this last ticket was more than i ever spent on a flight... but i did have to wait till last minute and it was either take the trip now or wait till next year sssooooo i'll be there next week lol

it's either time or money, isn't it. I'm a big fan of getting more time now :mrgreen:.

Have great time. I've got about four weeks to go myself.

hugrad95a
06-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Attention flights for July are back around the 477 range... NYC to SDQ

$477 Economy http://cdn2.kayak.com/images/v38875/selectbutton-exp.gif 4 sites

http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v38853/air/B6.gif
JetBlue Airways
JFK B6 JFK 11:59p SDQ 3:40a
11:59p http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif SDQ B6 SDQ 6:00a JFK 9:43a
6:00a http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif
SDQ 3:40a JFK 9:43a
3h 41m 0 3h 43m 0

pin http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v3880/icons/a-result-button-arrow-right.png

share http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v3880/icons/a-result-button-arrow-right.png

dea58832b3d1db56b72602fe000bfc6c

JetBlue Airways
11:59p http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif SDQ B6 SDQ 8:10p JFK 11:54p
8:10p http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif
SDQ 3:40a JFK 11:54p
3h 41m 0 3h 44m 0

04fce9a5bb5e8dfcaa3e35e55414fcbe

JetBlue Airways
11:59p http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif SDQ B6 SDQ 1:25a JFK 5:09a
1:25a http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif
SDQ 3:40a JFK 5:09a
3h 41m 0 3h 44m 0

aaed109748d4f7fc8b1d436c40c0e51d

JetBlue Airways
JFK B6 JFK 5:50a SDQ 9:38a
5:50a http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif SDQ B6 SDQ 6:00a JFK 9:43a
6:00a http://cdn1.kayak.com/images/v388117/a-arrow-icon.gif
SDQ 9:38a JFK 9:43a
3h 48m 0 3h 43m 0

soxfan
06-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Airfares are just nuts right now anywhere out of the country. Merging the airlines means less compation and less routes. 6yrs. ago when my third world adv. started, Thailand was 750.00 from Chicago. I flew 3 times that yr. Plus are dollar has taking a shit too on top of it. I heard Sosua is dead ?? Never been , but ready to try it out.

LJDMV
06-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Flights to Sosua (POP) are also high now... $200 more than I paid Jan 2010...

Airfares are just nuts right now anywhere out of the country. Merging the airlines means less compation and less routes. 6yrs. ago when my third world adv. started, Thailand was 750.00 from Chicago. I flew 3 times that yr. Plus are dollar has taking a shit too on top of it. I heard Sosua is dead ?? Never been , but ready to try it out.

DASBOOTY
06-09-2011, 12:22 PM

Try out Sosua, you will have a ball.

If you want to know what is happening on the ground in Sosua read the reports of guys who there now or were just there. Read TNT72's 9th, or Kitie Carson back in DR or Lindin's 1st DR trip.

Ram was there recently and just gave a report on the 'the ongoing novela that is Sosua (the arrest report)' thread.

questner
06-23-2011, 03:15 PM
I have just re-booked my August ticket on Expedia, this time $112 lower. Costs me C$568 on AA via MIA (YYZ-MIA-POP).

Prices are down maybe due to a stupid oil reserves release.

It's worth to check for price changes on other destinations.

TNT72
06-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I have just re-booked my August ticket on Expedia, this time $112 lower. Costs me C$568 on AA via MIA (YYZ-MIA-POP).

Prices are down maybe due to a stupid oil reserves release.

It's worth to check for price changes on other destinations.

my price has been the same for 3 days. About to pull the trigger. Seems like every time I gamble it, I lose either the price, or the flight I want. But thanks for the heads up!

knotty
06-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Ain't shit changed quest. Other destinations are basically where they've been for months.

TNT72
06-24-2011, 01:43 PM
my price has been the same for 3 days. About to pull the trigger. Seems like every time I gamble it, I lose either the price, or the flight I want. But thanks for the heads up!

Dammit!! Tickets went up $50 overnight. $696 now:mad:

Hunter
06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Dammit!! Tickets went up $50 overnight. $696 now:mad:

and when you pull the trigger it will go down 50 bucks next day :wink::wink:

Dave Diaz
06-24-2011, 09:08 PM
I just try to stay away from the summer airfares, its always something absurd either going or coming back or both. I refuse to pay more than 144 to 200 for an individual flight. I wish they'd go down I remember the $89 days one way from jfk to pop.

I saw they had extra legroom and this extra speed?? Anyway. The legroom wa 25 bucks one way but from sti back to jfk its 40 bucks. Why is that??

Oh well looking forward to september when its safe to travel again. Until the holidays again. Hope prices come down or we get some deals jfk to dr should always be less than 400 rt total.

psriches
06-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Fuel will get cheaper in the up coming weeks. We'll see how this affects the fares.

whynotme
06-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Fuel will get cheaper in the up coming weeks. We'll see how this affects the fares.
flights in nov to thailand have already dropped $300:mrgreen: so it should also drop in the rest of the world as well

joeysterr
06-25-2011, 04:39 PM
flights in nov to thailand have already dropped $300:mrgreen: so it should also drop in the rest of the world as well

Thailand in November sounds like a good comeback for me:corky::iconTU:

Jimmydr
06-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Thailand in November sounds like a good comeback for me:corky::iconTU:

We need something before that from you.:iconTU:

joeysterr
06-25-2011, 04:43 PM
We need something before that from you.:iconTU:

LOL. As of right now I already owe you guys 4 trip reports. All coming up!!:mrgreen:

knotty
06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
yes, i do see some cheaper flights for that time which is usually when i go anyway, and average prices for the other airlines.

Pana
06-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Going back again later on this year my good brother :mrgreen: ?

yes, i do see some cheaper flights for that time which is usually when i go anyway, and average prices for the other airlines.

knotty
06-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Going back again later on this year my good brother :mrgreen: ?
yes, this is what's in my future plans. nice time to get away from the city. :corky:

Hunter
06-26-2011, 10:30 AM

What price range is good for you to pull the trigger ?? NYC-BKK

knotty
06-26-2011, 12:43 PM
What price range is good for you to pull the trigger ?? NYC-BKK

The avg. Price I usually pay is between 1,300-1,400, but occasionally I can catch a deal between 1,000-1,100. I'm hesitant above 1,500.

questner
06-27-2011, 12:10 AM
If the Ouzo drinkers default on their bonds around July 15 this is the time to pull the trigger:rofl:

Nakom
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM

My information says fuel prices will not drop until September, regardless of the recent surplus oil put into market.

psriches
06-27-2011, 06:02 PM
My information says fuel prices will not drop until September, regardless of the recent surplus oil put into market.Gas prices have already started to drop in my area. But of course the drop will be gradual because the stations will want to make extra cash. They will then gradually pass the savings on to the customers.

miggy99
07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Really?

Gas will average $5/gallon by July because idiots will pay it. WELL let'ssee its JULY 4th "Greydead" oh yeah you were right on with gas prices as was the other brain who said it would be 7-10 dollars a gallon and JIMMYDR said oohh he's a senoir member he knows what he's talking about--REALLY??? Checkout my 5-11-2011 post to see who knows what----Point is because I am a junior member doesn't mean you seniors know more--You should respect all replies on this site. No matter what your ranking--Thank you HAPPY 4TH TO ALL !!!!!!!!!

Jimmydr
07-04-2011, 06:05 PM
---Point is because I am a junior member doesn't mean you seniors know more--You should respect all replies on this site. No matter what your ranking--Thank you HAPPY 4TH TO ALL !!!!!!!!!

That would make this site dull and boring.

greydread
07-04-2011, 06:53 PM
WELL let'ssee its JULY 4th "Greydead" oh yeah you were right on with gas prices as was the other brain who said it would be 7-10 dollars a gallon and JIMMYDR said oohh he's a senoir member he knows what he's talking about--REALLY??? Checkout my 5-11-2011 post to see who knows what----Point is because I am a junior member doesn't mean you seniors know more--You should respect all replies on this site. No matter what your ranking--Thank you HAPPY 4TH TO ALL !!!!!!!!!

Did you not check out the realease of 60B barrels of oil from the SPRO?

Government intervention in normal market activities has delayed the inevitable but only temporarily as the piper must and will always get paid. I didn't see that one coming nor did any of us and it is a temporary solution to a growing problem at best.

That being said, WTF does this have to do with "Seniority"? Why are you so fucked up with the concept? Seniority here doesn't mean anything more than a perceived level of trust based on past performance but it's like a security clearance. One DUI and it's lifted.

This board is about Bitches. Nor FOR them.

greydread
07-04-2011, 07:03 PM
To all the illiterate Mothafuckas chiming in .... This thread is not about the price of gasoline. It's about the price of airfares and jet fuel prices are only one of the determining factors in this. DCA-SDQ was $425 in April when gas was at $4.19/gal. yet DCA-SDQ was $525 last Month while gas was $3.65/gal. so what does that tell us about the effect of changing gas prices on airfares? It tells us it don't mean JACK SHIT! Airlines purchase their fuel on long term contracts which is a purely speculative measure. Then they set the prices of their tickets. If gasoline was $2/gal. tomorrow it wouldn't affect ticket prices for 3 Months so please keep the thread on track and stop trying to make it about who is best at speculating gasoline prices in near term. It doesn't mean shit to an airline.

miggy99
07-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Did you not check out the realease of 60B barrels of oil from the SPRO?

Government intervention in normal market activities has delayed the inevitable but only temporarily as the piper must and will always get paid. I didn't see that one coming nor did any of us and it is a temporary solution to a growing problem at best.

That being said, WTF does this have to do with "Seniority"? Why are you so fucked up with the concept? Seniority here doesn't mean anything more than a perceived level of trust based on past performance but it's like a security clearance. One DUI and it's lifted.

This board is about Bitches. Nor FOR them. Oh yae that made it drop 70 cents at the pump. Yea whatever tough to Admit when someone else is right. And it sounds like your the bitch not me.

greydread
07-05-2011, 06:41 AM
:rofl:
Oh yae that made it drop 70 cents at the pump. Yea whatever tough to Admit when someone else is right. And it sounds like your the bitch not me.

So you don't think the government flooding the oil market with reserves meant for critical supply during a time of national emergency affected the price of oil and it's affect on gasoline at the pump? Maybe you foresaw this action. Hell, maybe you even called the meeting. At the end of the day it doesn't have shit to do with the PRICE OF AIRFARE which is the subject of this thread.

Why oh why do little girls wander into discussions being held between Men and try to turn the discussion into something about THEM? That's the definition of BITCH. It's not about you being "right" about some point which is totally irrelevant to the topic at hand. It's about the price of flying. Now if you could pull some strings and get the gov't to hold the airlines' feet to the fire by regulating their speculative procurement policies, those of us who actually care about the subject of the thread would be highly appreciative.

When you travel, is it generally in a short, yellow bus?

MyTio
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Airfares Are Chasing Oil Prices Higher
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/02/24/business/24fare/24fare-articleLarge.jpg Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
The price of jet fuel, which is now $2.96 a gallon, has soared by more than 50 percent since last summer’s lows of $1.89 a gallon. An employee pumped fuel into an airplane in Oakland, Calif.

By JAD MOUAWAD (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/m/jad_mouawad/index.html?inline=nyt-per)

Published: February 23, 2011

Airline passengers should prepare themselves for sticker shock this year.

Go to your Portfolio » (http://markets.on.nytimes.com/research/portfolio/view/view.asp#sda)

As the carriers have tried to keep up with rapidly rising oil (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/energy-environment/oil-petroleum-and-gasoline/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) prices, they have already increased their fares four times since the start of the year, compared with only three increases for all of 2010. The airlines have also raised some of their fees, imposed summer peak-time surcharges and added hefty fuel surcharges on international flights.
Even traditional low-cost carriers that have long undercut their rivals are joining in. Southwest Airlines (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/southwest_airlines_company/index.html?inline=nyt-org), for example, which usually resists industrywide fare increases, participated in several rounds, including one this week.
While the rising ticket prices have matched the steady increase in fuel costs in recent months, the turmoil in the Middle East has sent oil prices sharply higher. That surge now threatens to derail the airline industry’s fragile recovery and may lead to even more surcharges. At today’s prices, fuel accounts for about 40 percent of the industry’s costs, up from about 30 percent just last year.
As a result of the uncertainty in the oil markets, airline stocks extended their losses on Wednesday, after Tuesday’s steep declines. Airline stocks are down 11 percent just this week.
The airlines have few options to deal with their rising costs. Most carriers were already hedging some of their fuel purchases to protect against sudden price increases. They can also look for more fuel-efficient (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/f/fuel_efficiency/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) planes, but that requires billions of dollars in investments and takes years. In the meantime, they have little choice but to pass on costs to travelers.
So far, thanks to growing demand from both business and leisure passengers, the airlines have not had any trouble selling seats. Because they have not added much new capacity as the economy has picked up, their planes are still flying full, especially during peak hours. And as airlines continue to find customers for their most expensive fares, analysts said, they are reducing the number of their cheapest seats — and even those are not so cheap anymore.
“Airlines are raising their fares because, right now, they think they can,” said Jeff Straebler, a strategist at RBS. “People will actually buy the tickets at those fares.”
In January, the cheapest round-trip fare from any of the top 50 airports in the country averaged $367 — 10 percent higher that the average of $333 for the same time last year, according to FareCompare.com (http://farecompare.com/), a consumer airline research Web site.
Rick Seaney, FareCompare’s chief executive, said each increase in the last three months had averaged $5 to $12 for the least expensive tickets.
The increases have been far steeper at the front of the plane, in business and first class, as well as for last-minute travelers. American Airlines (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/amr_corporation/index.html?inline=nyt-org), United (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/united_airlines/index.html?inline=nyt-org), Continental (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/continental_airlines/index.html?inline=nyt-org) and US Airways (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/us-airways-group-inc/index.html?inline=nyt-org) all raised their fares by $20 to $60 on Monday for first- and business-class tickets, and seven-day advance. Last week, Delta Air Lines (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/delta_air_lines_inc/index.html?inline=nyt-org) increased its fares for these high-end tickets by $40 to $120 for a round-trip ticket, according to fare watchers.
On top of that, some airlines are also increasing their fees. US Airways recently raised its fees for a variety of overweight and oversize bags — those weighing 75 to 100 pounds — to as much as $175 a bag, from $100. It also raised the cost of a third checked bag, to $125 from $100.
“We’ve had a lot of airfare hike (http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/hiking/overview.html?inline=nyt-classifier) activity compared with the last two years,” Mr. Seaney said.
In recent weeks, the carriers have also bumped up their base ticket prices for travel during the summer by as much as $250, in Virgin Airlines’ case. In addition, the airlines have introduced “peak travel” surcharges of $20 to $60 round-trip on some summer departure dates.
Airlines executives have long dreaded the return of higher fuel prices. In 2008, when oil soared above $147 a barrel in New York, the airlines were forced to ground thousands of planes, including some of the least fuel-efficient planes, in a desperate bid to stem their losses.
But the rise in fuel prices once again hangs over the industry’s profits. Last year, the top eight airlines earned $4 billion with total revenue of $122 billion, showing a meager profit margin of 3.3 percent.
Oil prices jumped more than $12 a barrel this week, rising above $98 a barrel in New York on Wednesday, after the violent uprising in Libya, a major oil producer. In London, Brent crude futures rose to $111.25 a barrel.
The price of jet fuel, which is now $2.99 a gallon, has soared 58 percent since last summer’s lows of $1.89 a gallon.
“Airlines are under a lot of pressure,” said Severin Borenstein (http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/borenste/), a professor of public policy at the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley (http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/organizations/u/university_of_california/index.html?inline=nyt-org). “Demand is recovering but rising fuel prices may short-circuit that.”
The Air Transport Association said last week that passenger revenue had grown 10 percent (http://www.airlines.org/News/Releases/Pages/news_02-17-11.aspx) in January compared with the same time last year. That was the 13th consecutive month of revenue growth for the airlines.
“We have slightly fuller planes and stronger pricing,” said John Heimlich, the chief economist at the Air Transport Association. “There is no question we are enjoying the coattails of a stronger global economy after a very depressed period. We are making up for lost years.”
Some analysts pointed out that one reason traditional carriers could get away with increasing fares was that Southwest, the largest domestic airline, also saw the need to bolster its own fares.
“Southwest has been acting more like a legacy airline,” Mr. Seaney said.
Prices are inching toward their highest levels, reached in 2008. Still, flying remains relatively affordable, once ticket prices are adjusted for inflation. The average air fare in the third quarter of 2010 — the latest period for which government estimates are available — was 20 percent lower than in 2000 after inflation is taken into account, according to the government’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics (http://www.bts.gov/).
The airlines, meanwhile, have been resisting an Obama administration proposal to increase ticket fees to help finance airport projects. The president’s budget, released on Feb. 14, would raise the passenger facility charge (http://www.faa.gov/airports/pfc/) to a maximum of $7 per flying segment, from the current $4.50, to offset a cut of $1.1 billion to airport grants.
Delta has argued that this increase means that a family of four will pay $112 in ticket fees, instead of $72, assuming they buy round-trip tickets with one stop.
A world of higher fuel prices and higher fees might substantially change the way passengers think of air travel — less a convenient mode of mass transportation and more a luxury, one analyst said.
“Flying is getting more expensive, there is no question about it,” said Robert Herbst (http://www.airlinefinancials.com/Robert_Herbst_Airlines_bio.html), a former commercial pilot and independent airline analyst. “These rising energy costs have to be passed on to consumers. For some, this means flying will become less affordable.”
This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:
Correction: March 1, 2011

An article on Thursday about rising airfares misspelled the surname of a strategist at RBS who commented on the airlines’ fare pricing. He is Jeff Straebler, not Streabler.

Mr. Smooth
07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
:rofl:

So you don't think the government flooding the oil market with reserves meant for critical supply during a time of national emergency affected the price of oil and it's affect on gasoline at the pump? Maybe you foresaw this action. Hell, maybe you even called the meeting. At the end of the day it doesn't have shit to do with the PRICE OF AIRFARE which is the subject of this thread.

Why oh why do little girls wander into discussions being held between Men and try to turn the discussion into something about THEM? That's the definition of BITCH. It's not about you being "right" about some point which is totally irrelevant to the topic at hand. It's about the price of flying. Now if you could pull some strings and get the gov't to hold the airlines' feet to the fire by regulating their speculative procurement policies, those of us who actually care about the subject of the thread would be highly appreciative.

When you travel, is it generally in a short, yellow bus?

Don't waste your breath 'dread. Miggy seems to have a habit of wanting to post provacative (some might say stupid) remarks on here to stir up shit. I'm sure Jimmy just smiles at all the back and forth.

Don't forget to include in the cost of travel all the bag fees. I read where the domestic airlines in 2010 garnered over 900 million dollars in revenue for these baggage fees. That shit ain't going away.

Do you guys notice that boarding a flight seems to take longer now because so many passengers are trying to stuff their hard shell oversized bags in the overhead compartments to save on those fees? One Delta flight I was on from SF to Atl. took 45 fucking minutes to get every ass in their seat because of that.

I'm glad I travel light.

Sidney
07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Beware of Spirit! They are doing their best not to repair or replace my damaged bag. Their latest demand is: for me to provide a copy of my bag purchase slip=yeah right! I will make every effort not to fly Spirit again!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

whynotme
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Beware of Spirit! They are doing their best not to repair or replace my damaged bag. Their latest demand is: for me to provide a copy of my bag purchase slip=yeah right! I will make every effort not to fly Spirit again!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
that sucks
air canada missed my bag on a trip home and it arrived damaged and i got a 50$ cheque and a 25% off coupon good for 1 year which i used on a bkk flight:iconTU:

questner
07-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Air Canada July 7, 2011 only - 10% of all flights anywhere all classes originating in Canada until August 31, 2011 (on codeshare - US only). Promo code SKYTRAX2011

deep2001
07-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah. This all keeps fucking with my plan to mount Mt. Bunda in Rio!

funseeker
09-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Wtf is up with Spirit fares lately.. have they changed for good?
The fares to MDE for many dates have gone up significantly.

No more impulsive trips without paying the piper.
Going to MDE monday and nothing less than $322.00 + taxes each way.

So a RT in a big seat is $900.00+ now from ATL.

Haven't checked in a while so don't know if this is permanent or what..