PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 4 Issues HERE!

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Post the stuff here.

Thanks

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Disregard all the duplicate articles (and stupid ones) in

Forum:
vBCms Comments

Eventually it will be just new/good articles that will allow comments.

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Issue:
my vBimage are only displayed in this format: 2x2 per page. Not like the old one

3x3x3
3x3x3
3x3x3

Now it is just a one time 2x2,
Issue

adios
04-24-2011, 06:56 AM
My VBimage is displayed in 1x3

BlueDevil
04-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Just dove in for the first time. Wow, it looks different. I'll let you know if I run into any issues. Thanks, for the hard work, DT.

LM
04-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the hard work DT......board is looking good...like the new look....excellent job:bigthumbup:

I notice New Posts....but could use "Todays Posts", don't see it......unless I'm missing something

Mods need the orange color back....:wink:

Also "who's online" doesn't show country of origin, which was useful to us Mods in detecting some of the recent spammers

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the hard work DT......board is looking good...like the new look

I notice New Posts....but could use "Todays Posts", don't see it......unless I'm missing something

The boards new style look good.

thanks.

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 09:28 AM
can anybody see my blog test?

Kevy
04-24-2011, 09:28 AM
I like it, it will take some getting use to, but in the long run it will be good

Kevy
04-24-2011, 09:29 AM

I see it Blogsterr

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 09:31 AM
I see it Blogsterr

So make a comment so I know the use of it:D

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 09:32 AM
So make a comment so I know the use of it:D

I made a comment.

LM
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
made a comment

Gladiator
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I can't find the tab for 'other countries', there used to be a tab and page with all other countries listed, which seems to be gone now.

MyTio
04-24-2011, 09:49 AM
thak you

LM
04-24-2011, 09:49 AM
I can't find the tab for 'other countries', there used to be a tab and page with all other countries listed, which seems to be gone now.

Go to "forum"..then "Picture and trip reports", and you will see Picture section "other countries"

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 09:50 AM

He is not done yet with the upgrades.

MyTio
04-24-2011, 09:51 AM
what is the blog this post that I get after I thank some one

Gladiator
04-24-2011, 09:52 AM

I've noticed that if you click on the down arrow to the right of the number next to 'new posts' (on the top left-hand corner) you get the 'today's posts' option.

Hunter
04-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Display Format Comment:

The Thank you box is very distracting. Anyway to change that to look like the old thank you box?

Doesnt flow well reading.

Maybe I just have to get used to it....

Hoseman
04-24-2011, 09:55 AM
I've noticed that if you click on the down arrow to the right of the number next to 'new posts' (on the top left-hand corner) you get the 'today's posts' option.Thanks. I was looking for how to make your pictures private.Does anyone know if we still have that option.

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Go to "forum"..then "Picture and trip reports", and you will see Picture section "other countries"

Oh wow you sent him to the old other countries section!:mad::D While we at it. I saw a Thailand tab has been added, good initiative since it is a country often visited and updated by the members here. We have Dominican Republic, Colombia, Thailand and I believe a Philippines tab would fit good too. It would make this board a more open and specialize one than having to go look for it in a tab called "other countries". Other whore boards 'other countries' tabs are old and abandoned, so it would not be a 'jump in the face' intel and pics for a first timer who stumble on this website coming from google while researching "thai girls" or "pinay girls". It would thus make this board more competitive and catch the go arounders and thus make a bigger board. I actually wanted to suggest that before the entire upgrade business but now is a good moment to make us hot!

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 10:01 AM
He is not done yet with the upgrades.

Yes and that's cleary stated too!!:iconTU: It's better to have this Beta version of the boards than this:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/brooklyn1226/fb2d239f.png

patiently waiting:D

Gladiator
04-24-2011, 10:02 AM

That pic section for other countries was there before, but there used to be another page with all the countries listed and all the threads without pics, accessible to members with no pics access - not sure whether they've been merged, but anyway as Jimmy said there may be still some more work in progress.

On the whole, the forum seems to be working great - thanks DT for all the work you've put into this!

Hunter
04-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Joey found the smileys....

FYI - you gotta hit the Go Advanced tab....

LM
04-24-2011, 10:09 AM
That pic section for other countries was there before, but there used to be another page with all the countries listed and all the threads without pics, accessible to members with no pics access - not sure whether they've been merged, but anyway as Jimmy said there may be still some more work in progress.

On the whole, the forum seems to be working great - thanks DT for all the work you've put into this!

It will all eventually work out fine.......lucky we have a guy like DT to take care of it....

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I can't figure out how to load pictures.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Display Format Comment:

The Thank you box is very distracting. Anyway to change that to look like the old thank you box?

Doesnt flow well reading.

Maybe I just have to get used to it....

Styles will come next, this is the style at the moment.

Oh wow you sent him to the old other countries section!:mad::D While we at it. I saw a Thailand tab has been added, good initiative since it is a country often visited and updated by the members here. We have Dominican Republic, Colombia, Thailand and I believe a Philippines tab would fit good too. It would make this board a more open and specialize one than having to go look for it in a tab called "other countries". Other whore boards 'other countries' tabs are old and abandoned, so it would not be a 'jump in the face' intel and pics for a first timer who stumble on this website coming from google while researching "thai girls" or "pinay girls". It would thus make this board more competitive and catch the go arounders and thus make a bigger board. I actually wanted to suggest that before the entire upgrade business but now is a good moment to make us hot!

Wasn't sure there was enough content on PI yet but good suggestion.

Yes and that's cleary stated too!!:iconTU: It's better to have this Beta version of the boards than this:

Click to see pic (http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/brooklyn1226/fb2d239f.png)

patiently waiting:D

I thought the same.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:17 PM

Fixed, I accidentally hid it from everyone.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for all the hard work DT......board is looking good...like the new look....excellent job:bigthumbup:

Also "who's online" doesn't show country of origin, which was useful to us Mods in detecting some of the recent spammers

You are Orange again. And I see someone else found "Today's Posts" for you though I do plan on changing the Navbar soon.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:29 PM
I can't figure out how to load pictures.

Thanks. I was looking for how to make your pictures private.Does anyone know if we still have that option.

Issue:
my vBimage are only displayed in this format: 2x2 per page. Not like the old one

3x3x3
3x3x3
3x3x3

Now it is just a one time 2x2,
Issue

My VBimage is displayed in 1x3

OK everyone, the good, the bad, & the ugly...

The author of VB Image Host basically couldn't keep up with the features of vBulletin.

I will change the display of thumbnails within VB Image Host but you may have noticed something missing "Upload"!

We need to move away from it and from now on VB Image Host will be strictly for an archive. The addon is no longer supported.

But the good new is Albums are just as good and even better in some ways, especially the fact you can have unlimited Albums, so you can organize your pictures. You can put 100 pics in each Album and make them Public or Private. So you can call your Albums "Trip 1 chicas", "Trip 2 Chicas", etc. Or in Jimmy's case "Day 1 Morning", "Day 1 Afternoon"...:rofl:

I wrote a FAQ a long time ago on how to use Albums here.
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/faq.php?faq=albumsfaq

TNT72
04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Is the "Today's Post" button the "What's New" button on the navbar?

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Is the "Today's Post" button the "What's New" button on the navbar?
No, What's New = Get New.

Today's Posts in a drop down menu, click the arrow next to the green numbers between "New Posts" & "Private Messages"

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM

I want to be the first to thank you, Blogs will help our site tremendously since they are read by search engines much better then forums are.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 01:35 PM
I want to be the first to thank you, Blogs will help our site tremendously since they are read by search engines much better then forums are.

Can you give me an example of when I would start a blog rather than a topic?

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 01:36 PM
OK everyone, the good, the bad, & the ugly...

The author of VB Image Host basically couldn't keep up with the features of vBulletin.

I will change the display of thumbnails within VB Image Host but you may have noticed something missing "Upload"!

We need to move away from it and from now on VB Image Host will be strictly for an archive. The addon is no longer supported.

But the good new is Albums are just as good and even better in some ways, especially the fact you can have unlimited Albums, so you can organize your pictures. You can put 100 pics in each Album and make them Public or Private. So you can call your Albums "Trip 1 chicas", "Trip 2 Chicas", etc. Or in Jimmy's case "Day 1 Morning", "Day 1 Afternoon"...:rofl:

I wrote a FAQ a long time ago on how to use Albums here.

I just located my albums and, yes, its better that way.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:37 PM
what is the blog this post that I get after I thank some one

I will make a separate post about Blogs/Articles later. Stand by....

WickedWillie
04-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Do we need the date after each person's 'Thanks'?

For example: Jimmydr (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=3327) (Today)

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 02:03 PM

For example: Jimmydr (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=3327) (Today)

Its a nice feature. Lets me know when people are reading it.

drsami
04-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Nice work on the board upgrade Don. Its a pretty extensive UI upgrade, getting used to this new look and feel.

Gladiator
04-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Not sure if this is an issue, but in the previous version when I clicked on 'new posts' there was a dividing line between the new posts since I last logged on and the new posts that I didn't read when I logged on in the past, which was very useful as I don't read most posts so each time I logged on I could focus only on checking out the titles of the new posts above that line, but I can't see that line now unless I am missing something.

DEPUTY DAWG
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
This had to be a lot of hard work DT, I appreciate it....
Hard as hell to figure out right now. You know we're creatures of habit, I'll get the hang of it though and thanks again...

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Not sure if this is an issue, but in the previous version when I clicked on 'new posts' there was a dividing line between the new posts since I last logged on and the new posts that I didn't read when I logged on in the past, which was very useful as I don't read most posts so each time I logged on I could focus only on checking out the titles of the new posts above that line, but I can't see that line now unless I am missing something.

I will look into that, I know what you are referring to.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 03:35 PM
So far, I like EVERYTHING.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Can you give me an example of when I would start a blog rather than a topic?

ALWAYS Start a topic and then "Blog this post" Or even better "Promote to Article" but we will get to Articles later.

Hunter
04-24-2011, 06:22 PM
The Re:subject tag in every post should be removed...

I dont believe the old board had the re: tag......

I find thats one more line you do not need to read....

Or is that a user setting??

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 06:42 PM

It was there in the old board. What happened here it's that it is now in bold big letter all in your face! Kinda bothering

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Issue: the ability to collapse option, such as subscriptions, etc. in the user control panel
Issue: user control panel is now called "settings", well that was just fyi actually
Issue: following my thank yous in the user CP, I think it is frozen?!

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM

You are very demanding.:mrgreen:

Claudia
04-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Disregard all the duplicate articles (and stupid ones) in

Forum:
vBCms Comments

Eventually it will be just new/good articles that will allow comments.

Post the stuff here.

Thanks

Testing something

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 08:44 PM

It was there in the old board. What happened here it's that it is now in bold big letter all in your face! Kinda bothering

Yes it was always there, I can tone it down a bit.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Issue: the ability to collapse option, such as subscriptions, etc. in the user control panel
Issue: user control panel is now called "settings", well that was just fyi actually

Forget about Collapse, we have 2 options:
No collapse = Tabs to sort our 200+ forums
Collapse = All our forums on 1 page

I am looking for another solution at this time.

I can change the language for Settings/UserCP

Following your thank you's? Do you mean clicking on the thread link under "Latest Reputation Received"?

Hunter
04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes it was always there, I can tone it down a bit.

Look here at Talk Template...

they totally disregard it.....looks better to me:

http://www.talktemplate.com/showthread.php?118-forum-template

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Forget about Collapse, we have 2 options:
No collapse = Tabs to sort our 200+ forums
Collapse = All our forums on 1 page

I am looking for another solution at this time.

No problems at all, just providing you with feedback, I meant it was just a little tab on the right upper corner of the "friend requests" or "subscribed forum" in the user CP, that collapsing button used to make them invisible.

Following your thank you's? Do you mean clicking on the thread link under "Latest Reputation Received"?

Yes exactly. That screen in the user cp been frozen since ever since this morning. It sure ain't that important tho

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/brooklyn1226/new%20ISOC/8402afe6.png

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Yes exactly. That screen in the user cp been frozen since ever since this morning. It sure ain't that important tho

Click to see pic (http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/brooklyn1226/new%20ISOC/8402afe6.png)

I tried it and worked fine, which browser?

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 09:10 PM
I tried it and worked fine, which browser?

Safari

For example if you thank my last post, it won't show for me in that window:confused:

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Safari

For example if you thank my last post, it won't show for me in that window:confused:

Do you have another browser to try? I will thank your last post.

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Ok I am now posting from firefox

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 11:15 PM
BTW You may have noticed the Introduction Form was updated. Feel free to check it out.

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Ok I am now posting from firefox

No love here, I guess I'd get over it:(

Hunter
04-25-2011, 08:20 AM
DT:

Only MAJOR issue I see now:

Can you eliminate NewsWhore posts from Todays Post....

Thanks

joeysterr
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
DT:

Thanks

I have always ignored Todays Post because after midnight is like all the posts disappear, well today is always today now ain't it. However, New Posts has been doing his job 100% for me and serves the exact same purpose. New Posts = no NewsWhore posts and still has board updates. New Posts and your issue resolved!

Hunter
04-25-2011, 09:39 AM
I have always ignored Todays Post because after midnight is like all the posts disappear, well today is always today now ain't it. However, New Posts has been doing his job 100% for me and serves the exact same purpose. New Posts = no NewsWhore posts and still has board updates. New Posts and your issue resolved!

No... I have to have todays posts...cant function without it...lol..I need to see topics that I already read...

I just did it now and the newswhore posts are gone....either DT just changed it or I am confused....probably the latter.....

CaseOne
04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm using isoc mobile and newswhore is appearing in "new posts". Please filter these out! Thanks..:)

Hunter
04-25-2011, 09:54 AM
DT:

Thanks

I just figured it out.

The trial skins have the newswhore posts...the original defefault skin one is updated without newswhore...

never mind DT

Claudia
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm using isoc mobile and newswhore is appearing in "new posts". Please filter these out! Thanks..:)

i will fix it when i get home just checking oit the mobile from work.

Claudia
04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
I just figured it out.

The trial skins have the newswhore posts...the original defefault skin one is updated without newswhore...

never mind DT

yes one of the many things done to customize a style

eastcoastallstar
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I tried to add News Whore to my ignore list, it won't allow me to do it. I don't want to view it at all.

gdogg
04-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Its a nice feature. Lets me know when people are reading it.

Now folks will see what a nut I am. I'm still discovering years old threads. If I see something good, you best believe I've been thanking them!
:read:

BlueDevil
04-25-2011, 02:26 PM
We can make do without the 4th column (Forum) appearing in the threads view.

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I tried to add News Whore to my ignore list, it won't allow me to do it. I don't want to view it at all.

Let me see if there is a way around that, it's a catch-22; NewsWhore needs to be a SuperMod to auto post from RSS feeds and you can't ignore SuperMods or Admins.

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:33 PM
We can make do without the 4th column (Forum) appearing in the threads view.

Can you clarify?

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:35 PM

"Today's Posts" = All posts in the last 24 hours iirc.

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Someone thank me on this new post!

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Fixed, I just threw it up last night, there will be very little customizing done on it since it's just a simple interface.

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:48 PM

I figured out the issue by default the Thank You addon doesn't give Rep, so it wasn't updating "Last Rep..." Now it does again.

Feel the Love again!

joeysterr
04-25-2011, 05:01 PM
I figured out the issue by default the Thank You addon doesn't give Rep, so it wasn't updating "Last Rep..." Now it does again.

Feel the Love again!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I DO actually!! Yep I see them updated. Following my thank yous is a good way for me to know which threads are hot! Thank you button DT!!!:D

BlueDevil
04-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Can you clarify?

When in the search mode, the 4th column in thread view is "Forums." I don't think we need it, and it takes up space (eg. causing the thread title column to be truncated).

TNT72
04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Why don't I have permission to see who has read my thread? Is this something temporary during the changeover?

Kennilingus
04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
DT, I know you are busy ... but ... I'm wondering:

Is the XE currency conversion/print-out app is gone from ISOC,

If it is still here how do I find it?

If it's gone ... is there another website that has the printable currancy cheat sheet.

I'm almost packed ... went to print out my sheets and :scared: there it was ... gone!! :wink:

Thanks ... and BTW ... so far I'm liking the upgrades to the site and Mobile as well.

I appreciate the work you have put into this! http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gif

Hunter
04-27-2011, 01:18 PM

If it's gone ... is there another website that has the printable currancy cheat sheet.

I'm almost packed ... went to print out my sheets and :scared: there it was ... gone!! :wink:

Thanks ... and BTW ... so far I'm liking the upgrades to the site and Mobile as well.

I appreciate the work you have put into this! Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gif)

http://www.oanda.com/currency/travel-exchange-rates

XXX
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Why don't I have permission to see who has read my thread? Is this something temporary during the changeover?

I was actually wondering the same thing T.

Then again ,,I still dont know how to download a youtube video,,,,,but that goes back to the old system too !!:rofl:

Gladiator
04-27-2011, 02:52 PM
When in the search mode, the 4th column in thread view is "Forums." I don't think we need it, and it takes up space (eg. causing the thread title column to be truncated).

I think knowing the forum is useful, at least for me, as it’s hard to know from many thread titles what the content is.

For instance, a thread titled ‘Back to paradise for 1 week’ (and there are many as ambiguous as this and even more) may or may not be of interest to me (and to others, I guess) depending on which forum it was posted (DR, Thailand, Brazil or wherever), so knowing the forum in advance is useful IMO as it helps us to ignore threads that we may not be interested in and are hard to discern from the title.

joeysterr
04-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I think knowing the forum is useful, at least for me, as it’s hard to know from many thread titles what the content is.

For instance, a thread titled ‘Back to paradise for 1 week’ (and there are many as ambiguous as this and even more) may or may not be of interest to me (and to others, I guess) depending on which forum it was posted (DR, Thailand, Brazil or wherever), so knowing the forum in advance is useful IMO as it helps us to ignore threads that we may not be interested in and are hard to discern from the title.

"FORUMS" NEEDS TO STAY

Don Tomas
04-27-2011, 05:59 PM

I'm with Gladiator on this one.

Don Tomas
04-27-2011, 06:00 PM

I appreciate the work you have put into this! Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gif)

I have to modify the code to work with VB4.

For now Yahoo is also another source.
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/#from=USD;to=EUR;amt=1
"Print Full guide"

Don Tomas
04-27-2011, 06:05 PM

Permission issue after re-install, fixed now.

MyTio
04-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Don Tomas my File Upload Manager never deletes the photo it say they will delete after one hour thank in advance for the help

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Can't uplaod pics????
Been doing it all week, but there is no upload pics option???

Don Tomas
04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Can't uplaod pics????
Been doing it all week, but there is no upload pics option???
Are you both talking about Albums? Currently that is the only way to upload pics.

Don Tomas my File Upload Manager never deletes the photo it say they will delete after one hour thank in advance for the help

"File Upload Manager" meaning "File Upload Center" shouldn't even work right now, did you happen to bookmark the link?

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Are you both talking about Albums? Currently that is the only way to upload pics.

"File Upload Manager" meaning "File Upload Center" shouldn't even work right now, did you happen to bookmark the link?

Thank you, I searched and found the other thread explaining the issue. Took care of it.

MyTio
04-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Re: vBulletin 4 Issues HERE!

File Upload Manager

- Manage all files that you have uploaded

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/misc/add.png Add Files (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/newattachment.php?do=assetmanager&values[albumid]=318&contenttypeid=8&poststarttime=1304030565&posthash=b500d083ce9c021ab9901f38d39d4d70&insertinline=0#) 1. Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files below

Folders

Home this thing

Don Tomas
04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Re: vBulletin 4 Issues HERE!
File Upload Manager

- Manage all files that you have uploaded

[/URL][URL="http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/misc/add.png"]Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/newattachment.php?do=assetmanager&values[albumid]=318&contenttypeid=8&poststarttime=1304030565&posthash=b500d083ce9c021ab9901f38d39d4d70&insertinline=0#) Add Files 1. Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files below

Folders

Home this thing

Ok figured out what you were talking about. Known bug in vBulletin, maybe next release...

BlueDevil
04-28-2011, 07:28 PM
DT, the color schemes and layouts are shaping up nicely. I'm beginning to get the hang of V.4. Great job!

Dick Dawson
04-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Looks like the new post indicator reverted back to gray from yellow.

Seville
05-01-2011, 09:33 AM

I still don't know how to upload photos. I can't find any option of it???

Hunter
05-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I still don't know how to upload photos. I can't find any option of it???

click on forums
click on community
create album
upload pics

If you want full size...

click on the pic in the album

then copy the line under

BB code....

put that in your post...

then you will have full size

Here is screen shot of the BB Code that you copy...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15531&d=1303773485

LM
05-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Hey DT....is there anyway you can make "todays posts" a dedicated icon.....

Also, could use "country of origin" for IP addresses on "who's online"...handy for us Mods

Site is looking good, thanks for all the work

Don Tomas
05-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey DT....is there anyway you can make "todays posts" a dedicated icon.....

Also, could use "country of origin" for IP addresses on "who's online"...handy for us Mods

Site is looking good, thanks for all the work

Done for Today's Posts.

The Country thing is another beast, on my list.

Hunter
05-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Done for Today's Posts.

I think it should go on the top line and replace What's New....can you do that??

LM
05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Done for Today's Posts.

Thanks DT......

Don Tomas
05-01-2011, 06:19 PM
I think it should go on the top line and replace What's New....can you do that??

Not everyone visits ISOC every day, but some people like different things, I will put it to a vote.

whynotme
05-01-2011, 07:05 PM
i went to create my first album and found 50 some odd pics that i never knew i still had:confused:.

i took most of them for the team A sosua invasion april 2006. kevy figures i must have had them as attatchments but they were never visible to me again until today:confused:

just wondering if any one else came across pics saved to isoc from years ago that they thought were no longer here.

btw; i will repost some of them as there is some classics from franks place etc:mrgreen:

the_Jayman
05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
i can't find nuthin . . . totally lost

Don Tomas
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
i can't find nuthin . . . totally lost

Well you found this thread!

FYI "drunk" =/= "lost"

Jimmydr
05-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Well, the board looked good yesterday and with the addition of "last posts" I like it even more.

The last thing we have left is to tweak the yellow pages, which I hope will turn out to be a fully utilized yellow pages like no other site has or ever saw.

Hunter
05-03-2011, 07:28 PM
DT:

Still planning on doing the fluid skin??

I think if you got the fluid skins colors, fonts on names, decrease the thank you the same as blue senseless skin you could get rid of blue senseless and only have to update 1 skin in the future.

Seems 2 skins would be a hassle....plus the mobile skin.

I just think fluid is what all the major vb 4 boards use and all monitors are wide screen now. you cant buy a 4:3 monitor :lol:

WickedWillie
05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Not getting a pop-up for private messages.

My settings are correct:

New Private Message Notification Pop-up:
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up (this one is checked)
Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Is this just me or anyone else???

Don Tomas
05-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Not getting a pop-up for private messages.

My settings are correct:

New Private Message Notification Pop-up:
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up (this one is checked)
Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Is this just me or anyone else???

I'm getting the popup sometimes, I'm trying to narrow down the issue.

officemgr
05-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Should I now be able to upload photos? How?

Jimmydr
05-06-2011, 01:39 PM

You could of been doing it since last week.:iconTU::iconTU:

Don Tomas
05-06-2011, 03:34 PM

vbImageHost is a dead product it's for Archival purposes only, the author won't be updating it since the included Albums are better.

You can read how to use the Albums in the FAQ.

officemgr
05-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks, missed that, i try not to read much on here.

Gladiator
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
vbImageHost is a dead product it's for Archival purposes only, the author won't be updating it since the included Albums are better.

You can read how to use the Albums in the FAQ.

I have uploaded a couple of pics b4 and it was working ok, but for some reason I can't upload any today.

Kennilingus
05-18-2011, 02:25 PM
When trying to change a font partway thru a post ... I'd highlight the selected text, then click on the name (or size) of the font ... the cursor immediatly to the upper left corner ... I am unable to change font or size partway thru a post!

I'll start a post in Arial ... then copy and paste something that is in the default font .... Veranda ... from there on ... it changes the font to Veranda, and I am unable to return to the font/size that I want.

Even adding a smiley can change the font to Veranda ... which I am unable to alter.

Perhaps it's not a big deal for most posts, but it really effects the presentation of a Trip Report.

Am I missing something? Is there something I can do to get around this?

Don Tomas
05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
When trying to change a font partway thru a post ... I'd highlight the selected text, then click on the name (or size) of the font ... the cursor immediatly to the upper left corner ... I am unable to change font or size partway thru a post!

I'll start a post in Arial ... then copy and paste something that is in the default font .... Veranda ... from there on ... it changes the font to Veranda, and I am unable to return to the font/size that I want.

Even adding a smiley can change the font to Veranda ... which I am unable to alter.

Perhaps it's not a big deal for most posts, but it really effects the presentation of a Trip Report.

Let me play with the issue.

Don Tomas
05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Testing in Arial :rofl:

Don Tomas
05-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Testing default font

Testing in Arial part way through post.

Back to default

Switched without highlighting.

Century Gothic.

TimesNR

Back toVeranda...

Don Tomas
05-18-2011, 04:10 PM

What browser?

Kennilingus
05-18-2011, 10:34 PM
What browser?

Internet Explorer 9

Gladiator
05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I have described an issue in post number 38 in this thread, referring to another post in the same thread.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?342923-Hunter-in-Negril-2-2011&p=957592#post957592

It's not only that pic, I am seeing many posts where there are supposed to be pics posted that I can't see.

Don Tomas
05-26-2011, 06:15 PM
I have described an issue in post number 38 in this thread, referring to another post in the same thread.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?342923-Hunter-in-Negril-2-2011&p=957592#post957592

It's not only that pic, I am seeing many posts where there are supposed to be pics posted that I can't see.

Try again, wrong setting.

Gladiator
05-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Try again, wrong setting.

Fine now, thanks.

joeysterr
08-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Can you guys see the videos here, or do you have to click "download" to be able to see them?:

1)
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?335332-Sorry-but-I-m-having-a-little-obsession-right-now(video)&p=929293#post929293

2) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/uploaded/15573/1268619418.mov

3)
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?259978-03-2010-It-s-the-Sterr-trip-report...&p=734439#post734439

So:confused4::confused4::confused4:

Kevy
08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I can see it without downloading.

joeysterr
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I can see it without downloading.

So you can see #2 as is here on the page? How about #1 and #3 link on their page?

gdogg
08-16-2011, 03:02 PM
So you can see #2 as is here on the page? How about #1 and #3 link on their page?

I see #2 without any issues. #1 almost had me shutting down my computer. Didn't try #3 after that.

Kevy
08-16-2011, 05:45 PM

1 and 2 were no Ploplem, but 3 looked like it would load, but I gave up after 5 minutes.

joeysterr
08-16-2011, 05:50 PM
1 and 2 were no Ploplem, but 3 looked like it would load, but I gave up after 5 minutes.

Yes 3 definitely broke when the board version upgraded I could fix it like I fixed all of my other trip reports it is just a code change issue but it is not in my section thus I have no moderator access there. I'd wait until DT see it.

It's weird that I cannot see 1 and 2, only thru clicking "download".

questner
01-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Don't know where to post it. Basically, from time to time, some of the post to which I contributed in the past - simple yakking or pictures - disappear from my view and I can no longer access them. Seems not fair to me. If I contribute to the post, say open a thread or post a trip report or contribute in any meaningful way, it is fair to have access to that thread.

dunedain
02-02-2012, 09:39 PM
I may have missed a thread explaining it but what's up with posting pics mechanism. I can't resize them as before and all of my folder pics don't load. Any help or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

uncle ruckus
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
don't know if anyone's mentioned the mobile version, but when I try to use the site on my phone, it's using the full web browser version and not the mobile version.

whynotme
02-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Don't know where to post it. Basically, from time to time, some of the post to which I contributed in the past - simple yakking or pictures - disappear from my view and I can no longer access them. Seems not fair to me. If I contribute to the post, say open a thread or post a trip report or contribute in any meaningful way, it is fair to have access to that thread.

if YOU open a thread you will always have acess to it unless there is a major hickup or it gets dleted because of content.

if YOU post within a thread and the thread gets moved to a level you don't have acess to then you will never see it again until you move up to that level

questner
02-03-2012, 11:01 PM
if YOU open a thread you will always have acess to it unless there is a major hickup or it gets dleted because of content.

if YOU post within a thread and the thread gets moved to a level you don't have acess to then you will never see it again until you move up to that level

Brake a girl's cherry and she won't forget ya, be next in line and you won't see her again until your next paycheck:rolleyes:

LM
02-18-2012, 02:01 PM
How do I upload a video here, since the recent changes can't find find file uploads, and I can't find my other vids.:confused:

Jimmydr
02-18-2012, 02:08 PM
How do I upload a video here, since the recent changes can't find find file uploads, and I can't find my other vids.:confused:

From under DT's handle, you will see these links

Try our new ISOC Features!

Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/countdown.php).
Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/exchange.php)
Create Albums for your Pictures here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/album.php).
Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/group.php).
Browse our concise & informative Wiki here (http://wiki.insearchofchicas.org/Main_Page).
Learn Spanish (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/spanish.php), Check Exchange Rates (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/xe.php), or The Weather (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/weather.php).

LM
02-18-2012, 02:11 PM
But that doesn't show file uploads for videos.....unless I'm blind;)

joeysterr
03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Not receiving any PM email notifications anymore. For about two days now, I have just verified that my "" Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages"" settings were unchanged. I use Safari and Firefox on an Apple machine for browsing and my email is in a '@hotmail.com' domain.

Kevy
03-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Not receiving any PM email notifications anymore. For about two days now, I have just verified that my "" Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages"" settings were unchanged. I use Safari and Firefox on an Apple machine for browsing and my email is in a '@hotmail.com' domain.

Nothing in the Junk folder?:confused:

joeysterr
03-22-2012, 03:27 AM
Nothing in the Junk folder?:confused:

No luv:(

Jimbo44
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
I still do not know how to upload a video on this site either. I go to youtube to store them is the only way i know!!