PDA

View Full Version : The new format is mucho confusing.

Sidney
04-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I am lost!:confused:

joeysterr
04-24-2011, 09:18 AM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/brooklyn1226/Philippines%20Return%20First%20Class%20March%202011/DSCF0306_3.jpg

I guess it is part of board life

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/brooklyn1226/fb2d239f.png

RIP OLD ISOC:(

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Well when you pay for software, they are always updating and making it better.

LM
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
After a little time of playing with the new format it will become as easy and intuitive as the old one.......it will take some time to get the hang of it....but I like the new look

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 09:27 AM
After a little time of playing with the new format it will become as easy and intuitive as the old one.......it will take some time to get the hang of it....but I like the new look

And this isn't the first upgrade, it won't be the last.

DT puts alot of work into keeping the board running smooth.

thanks DT

Kevy
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
There will be a lot of new options and it will take some getting used to, but overall I like it.

Hoseman
04-24-2011, 09:37 AM
After a little time of playing with the new format it will become as easy and intuitive as the old one.......it will take some time to get the hang of it....but I like the new lookIt does get easier but II have been playing around with it since about 4 am.I hope todays Posts are bought back though.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 09:38 AM
There will be a lot of new options and it will take some getting used to, but overall I like it.

Everytime there is an upgrade, we get many good new features.

Seville
04-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Being old and burnt out I don't deal with change well....Much like my Pops. But I suppose I will get the hang of it sooner or later. Definately prefer the "old look" as opposed to this. The darker boarders and things made everything more defined and seperated for me.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Being old and burnt out I don't deal with change well....Much like my Pops. But I suppose I will get the hang of it sooner or later. Definately prefer the "old look" as opposed to this. The darker boarders and things made everything more defined and seperated for me.

This is like the 5th big upgrade since day 1. Each makes this board better.

jose1234
04-24-2011, 10:25 AM

You long for the time when they delivered the monger news by pony express...

Hunter
04-24-2011, 10:25 AM

I dont like it either....doesnt look good....

Its not done yet so we should wait for ranking on it.

Seville
04-24-2011, 10:34 AM
When I click on "new posts" is there a way to prevent all those "article" posts from coming up also?

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 10:40 AM
When I click on "new posts" is there a way to prevent all those "article" posts from coming up also?

The upgrades are not done yet. Would you rather have the board offline for 5 days?

Hunter
04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Reading the internet...

Version 4.0 style is generally regarded as ugly. Lot people rank on it.

There is a lot of color combos you can use to improve it.

I found this one:

http://forums.scifi-nexus.com/showthread.php?313-DONT-PANIC!-This-ugly-look-will-be-way-different-within-the-next-three-hours.

Real different look.

So DT can change it or leave as it.

Seville
04-24-2011, 10:46 AM
The upgrades are not done yet. Would you rather have the board offline for 5 days?

Of course not. How would I know when to hide if I don't know when TNT72 and Ryatt are coming.

WickedWillie
04-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Is it really that different?
I haven't had the time yet to explore more in detail but apart from fonts and layout it all seems pretty much the same.
I think we should just thank DT for the time and effort he has obviously put in.

osanhopps
04-24-2011, 11:03 AM
This was very well done! It is only confusing if the reader doesn't take his time to look it over first. Great upgrade! The only problem I have is the color. This gray blue reminds me of the Air Force, which was dull. Bring some life into the color! Because this is what this forum is all about. LIFE!

XXX
04-24-2011, 11:06 AM
It does get easier but II have been playing around with it since about 4 am.I hope todays Posts are bought back though.

Agree with that big time Hose !!!

Thats always my first click !!!!

Hunter
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Agree with that big time Hose !!!

Thats always my first click !!!!

Todays post is there...click the arrow next to new posts........

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Todays post is there...click the arrow next to new posts........

We went thru this last week.

weyland
04-24-2011, 11:39 AM

thanks DT

I think we should just thank DT for the time and effort he has obviously put in.

You guys know I hate non-standard size fonts, but I have lost my temper and have gone all BlackSultan. Jimmy's and Willie's are the only sorts of comments we should be posting at this stage. Do you moaning minnies realise that DT donates thousands of dollars worth of his time and skills to keep this board running smoothly, and he is not even active on it himself these days since his life-threatening accident? You are like a lot of spoilt children.

In three of four weeks, yes, maybe we can start pointing out possible tweaks and adjustments, but until then you lazy, ungrateful bastards would be better off learning your way round the new format. It's not rocket science and if it's what DT and Jimmy want then that is good enough for me and should be good enough for any of you.

THANKS, DT!

SrSuerte
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
You must have lost your temper because you are misspelling all kinds of words. (ok! you fixed it)

SrSuerte
04-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I deal with change all the time so I am cool. To all of those that dedicate time to the board, I want to say thank you. To be doing what you do since before I was here is appreciated. Not everyone can be consistant and commited the way you all have.

ElPlomero
04-24-2011, 11:49 AM
On the other hand... maybe guys are just trying to be part of the process. I prefer to think that maybe they are trying to help DT with his work.

Oh, and.... THANKS DT.

You guys know I hate non-standard size fonts, but I have lost my temper and have gone all BlackSultan. Jimmy's and Willie's are the only sorts of comments we should be posting at this stage. Do you moaning minnies realise that DT donates thousands of dollars worth of his time and skills to keep this board running smoothly, and he is not even active on it himself these days since his life-threatening accident? You are like a lot of spoilt children.

In three of four weeks, yes, maybe we can start pointing out possible tweaks and adjustments, but until then you lazy, ungrateful bastards would be better off learning your way round the new format. It's not rocket science and if it's what DT and Jimmy want that is good enough for me and should be good enough for any of you.

THANKS, DT!

weyland
04-24-2011, 11:49 AM
You must have lost your temper because you are misspelling all kinds of words.
Really? I can't see any?

weyland
04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
On the other hand... maybe guys are just trying to be part of the process. I prefer to think that maybe they are trying to help DT with his work.

Oh, and.... THANKS DT.

Sure, but the give the guy a breather. He has said that it is still a work in progress.

LM
04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Really? I can't see any?

Really fast with the edit......:lol:

weyland
04-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Really fast with the edit......:lol:
OK. I understand now. I didn't realise I had posted "live" and thought I was still at the editing stage so Sr Suerte saw the unfinished post.

I blame this new upgrade. It's rubbish! DT out!

TNT72
04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I've looked around, but I can't see how to upload photos to my images. Anyone see how?

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I've looked around, but I can't see how to upload photos to my images. Anyone see how?

Its not ready yet, I think.

jacknback
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Thank you very much for doing all the work you do to improve this board DT.
I agree with Weylands comments saying give the change a chance and wait a while before you pick it apart.
If your anything like me(and I hope not very many are!!)I start saying "I can't do it" before I even read the instructions or take the time to search around to find an answer.

Example:I looked at my pics and immediatly said to myself "what the fuck?I don't like this and this sucks" before I clicked on the thumbnail and got to see my pics in a larger size and I gotta tell you they look great!!!

Jimmy,seeing Patty a little closer through the bigger pics and knowing that 2 weeks from today I will be allowing that little girl to lead me around by the dick again is a beautiful thing!!!

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Jimmy,seeing Patty a little closer through the bigger pics and knowing that 2 weeks from today I will be allowing that little girl to lead me around by the dick again is a beautiful thing!!!

Patty is now in NY sitting next to me.

Gutter Meat
04-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I found the old format a little easier to read...this will just take time getting used to.

Hoseman
04-24-2011, 12:49 PM
It really is not bad once you start using it.I didn't like it at first now I like it. anothers thanks DT for all the hard work.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
It really is not bad once you start using it.I didn't like it at first now I like it. anothers thanks DT for all the hard work.

Now that I am on about 4 hours, I am use to it.

Hoseman
04-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Now that I am on about 4 hours, I am use to it.Me too Joey and I were on before 4 I am really starting to like it.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
04-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I am lost!:confused:

Welcome to ISG!
It's a shame really- I used to prefer ISOC for it's "look and feel".
Oh well, nothing good lasts.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Welcome to ISG!
It's a shame really- I used to prefer ISOC for it's "look and feel".
Oh well, nothing good lasts.

Well I just loaded some pictures and I like everything about the new format.

psriches
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM
How do i get to my videos? I only see my pics, but not my videos.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Well I like everything about the new board. Its better than what we had.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM

I dont like it either....doesnt look good....

Its not done yet so we should wait for ranking on it.

This was very well done! It is only confusing if the reader doesn't take his time to look it over first. Great upgrade! The only problem I have is the color. This gray blue reminds me of the Air Force, which was dull. Bring some life into the color! Because this is what this forum is all about. LIFE!

Oh, and.... THANKS DT.

Reading the internet...

Version 4.0 style is generally regarded as ugly. Lot people rank on it.

There is a lot of color combos you can use to improve it.

I found this one:

http://forums.scifi-nexus.com/showthread.php?313-DONT-PANIC!-This-ugly-look-will-be-way-different-within-the-next-three-hours (http://forums.scifi-nexus.com/showthread.php?313-DONT-PANIC%21-This-ugly-look-will-be-way-different-within-the-next-three-hours).

Real different look.

So DT can change it or leave as it.

Hey Guys we have a thread to find a new style but I wasn't going to just pick a style and say here you go. Yes I did that with the default one but that was the only option.

Things will change and the uglies will go away, just hang in there. As I mentioned in another thread most boards were down 48+ hours, Yeah it's not perfect yet but I got us back up partially in 20 hours.

gdogg
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM
It's human nature to not like change. We've had many changes here over the years. Trust me....in time you'll forget what the old board looked like. And when Version 5.0 of this site happens, you're not gonna like those changes either. This is the best upgrade we've ever had, and it's not even done yet! Thanks, DT...ya perve, you!!
:ilike:

Sidney
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Sorry, I tried to delete the post immediately. But I couldn't figure it out. Thanks DT and Jimmy. The Stupid Minnie Moaning Sidney

gdogg
04-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Sorry, I tried to delete the post immediately. But I couldn't figure it out. Thanks DT and Jimmy. The Stupid Minnie Moaning Sidney

Don't fret. You said what many were thinking.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Refer to this post http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?338901-vBulletin-4-Issues-HERE!&p=943548#post943548

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 04:07 PM
How do i get to my videos? I only see my pics, but not my videos.

Videos in the File Upload Center?

If yes, you have to stand by on that one, they are still there, giving back access will be a complete rewrite, figure next weekend, sorry.

If No, elaborate please.

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 04:13 PM

I agree completely hence why we are deciding on a new style, the old style is gone, I looked otherwise I would have picked it.

The articles you see are temp ones installed by default plus I had an issue where they were duplicated. Eventually New Articles will be worth the read!

DMV
04-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Don T,

I want to say thanks for the work.

Can you or can we change the Italicized replies? It's hard on the eyes if a reply quote is more than two lines.

gmalet
04-24-2011, 08:25 PM
DT Love the new look!!!

I remember the old Yahoo days. You've come a long way baby!!!!

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Don T,

I want to say thanks for the work.

Can you or can we change the Italicized replies? It's hard on the eyes if a reply quote is more than two lines.

Done I agreed with the suggestion.

DT

givengo440
04-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I want to say thanks to all who had a hand in the upgrade. The board looks great! I know there are some minor issues but none the less it is very nice. A great job :clap2:

DMV
04-25-2011, 09:14 AM

DT

Obrigado Don Tomas!!!!!!

Seville
04-25-2011, 09:31 AM

DT

Thanks for all the hard work.:)

lr444
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
The Website is Looking Great Very Nice Job
Thank You for your work

MyTio
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
thanks Don Tomas just testing to see if I can post photo http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15498&d=1303745848

El Chivo
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Ahh Shit! i have to THINK ! FUCK! :lol:

papirazzi
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
And this isn't the first upgrade, it won't be the last.

thanks DT

Thank you DT!! Your hard work isn't going unnoticed...

papi_sosua
04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah, right! That's what Bill Gates keeps telling us!!

Really, I was quite happy w/ the BB sw before. Everything worked just fine, now I do not like it any longer. I am not sure I want to put in the effort to make the transition. And I am one of the IT savvy and young-ones on this board...Go figure!

Well when you pay for software, they are always updating and making it better.

papi_sosua
04-26-2011, 05:14 PM
So, let's also say thanks to Bush the Lesser, Gunatanoma Bay, Col. Ghadaffi. And in the end, even JimmyDR will look very nice to your eyes...:)

I want to say thanks to all who had a hand in the upgrade. The board looks great! I know there are some minor issues but none the less it is very nice. A great job :clap2:

PapiQueRico
04-26-2011, 06:11 PM
DT,
When I go to "What's new" a thread I started does not show up. I can find it in the section it is posted in and other guys have read it so I assume it shows up for them.

Hunter
04-26-2011, 06:24 PM
DT,
When I go to "What's new" a thread I started does not show up. I can find it in the section it is posted in and other guys have read it so I assume it shows up for them.

Don't use that whats new link...that is no good....

click forums....

then you'll see the arrow next to the new posts...

when you click the arrow you will see "todays posts" thats what you want :lol:

Don Tomas
04-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah, right! That's what Bill Gates keeps telling us!!

Really, I was quite happy w/ the BB sw before. Everything worked just fine, now I do not like it any longer. I am not sure I want to put in the effort to make the transition. And I am one of the IT savvy and young-ones on this board...Go figure!

Then surely you understand the term "end-of-life" in the IT world. Support is nice on the net especially when so many 12 year old script kiddies target you.

Don Tomas
04-27-2011, 12:04 AM
DT,

Don't use that whats new link...that is no good....

click forums....

then you'll see the arrow next to the new posts...

when you click the arrow you will see "todays posts" thats what you want :lol:

Yeah it was always that way, if there are no unread replies or "poll votes" it will never show up in "New Posts". That's why people like "Today's Posts" so much.

Hunter
04-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah it was always that way, if there are no unread replies or "poll votes" it will never show up in "New Posts". That's why people like "Today's Posts" so much.

Suggestion Request: Replace What's New with Todays Post when you upgrade the skin.....

Seville
04-27-2011, 10:30 AM
In the old version, under Search, there was a quick option to "Find My Posts". Is that still available?

Don Tomas
04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Suggestion Request: Replace What's New with Todays Post when you upgrade the skin.....

I plan on having both.

In the old version, under Search, there was a quick option to "Find My Posts". Is that still available?

Yes I will add that also.

MrHappy
04-28-2011, 07:48 AM
NOw I know what is bothering me about the new format; all the wasted space!

Go to any thread, and each post takes up almost an entire screen of my pc.

Theres a ton of wasted space.

Jimmydr
04-28-2011, 09:15 AM

My screen looks great.

knotty
04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
i don't know if this has been asked before since i'm still trying to get use to the new look of the board, but is the box that highlights last post seen in each thread going to return. i forget what's the last post i read. sorry, if this has been asked before in a previous thread.

sonrisa
04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
I like it! I like the new format, the new color and the desire to make upgrades. Yes, I need to make adjustments and learn how everything works and where it is, but overall I think the new format is an improvement. The whole feel of the format looks fresh and contemporary while also providing all the informational and conversational pieces we enjoy.

As for me, I say a sincere "Thank You" to Don Thomas and any others who have worked and continue to work hard on our behalf.

Muchas gracias!

Don Tomas
04-28-2011, 05:02 PM
i don't know if this has been asked before since i'm still trying to get use to the new look of the board, but is the box that highlights last post seen in each thread going to return. i forget what's the last post i read. sorry, if this has been asked before in a previous thread.

No that hasn't been mentioned, but can refresh my memory on where the highlight was?

DMV
04-28-2011, 08:17 PM

I see what you mean.
Example: The posters name and info was on the same line with their other information (joined date, number of thanks etc.). One was set ragged left and the other ragged right.

Now it's on a line below, still flushed right which is good but leaves that big white sapce
Example 2: There's an extra line or return after a poster's last line of text. Look at the white space before you get to the grey/light bar.

Not real biggie just different.
Does this happen because of the defaults in the upgrade or a certain browser?

Don Tomas
04-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I see what you mean.
Example: The posters name and info was on the same line with their other information (joined date, number of thanks etc.). One was set ragged left and the other ragged right.

Now it's on a line below, still flushed right which is good but leaves that big white sapce
Example 2: There's an extra line or return after a poster's last line of text. Look at the white space before you get to the grey/light bar.

Not real biggie just different.
Does this happen because of the defaults in the upgrade or a certain browser?

Looks the same on IE or Firefox.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15966&d=1304025475

If you see different Screenshot & Post please and mention Browser.

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15966&d=1304025475)

I use 3 different browsers

IPAD-Safari (by the way, the site looks so slick on the IPAD, very clear and the colors are vibrant)

IE-At work

Blackberry-Totally fucked up

knotty
04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
No that hasn't been mentioned, but can refresh my memory on where the highlight was?
the little box next to today's, yesterday, and the date. when new post were added to a thread i read, the newer post were highlighted until i read them.

DMV
04-28-2011, 08:27 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15966&d=1304025475)

Uhmmmmm that's what I'm talking about. Your screen shot is what I think it should look like, but I get that empty space to the right.
I just check using IE and Chrome. Still not seeing the setup like your screen shot.

knotty
04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
i actually think i see it now, but the color is faint so it's hard to tell.

Don Tomas
04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
i actually think i see it now, but the color is faint so it's hard to tell.

the little box next to today's, yesterday, and the date. when new post were added to a thread i read, the newer post were highlighted until i read them.

There are so many features on the board and everyone uses them differently that I'm still lost. If you have time make a screen shot and circle what you are talking about. I'm sure I can make it stand out more.

Don Tomas
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Uhmmmmm that's what I'm talking about. Your screen shot is what I think it should look like, but I get that empty space to the right.
I just check using IE and Chrome. Still not seeing the setup like your screen shot.

Can you post a screenshot? Also what version on IE? I have Chrome on a laptop but don't have it with me.

DMV
04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Can you post a screenshot? Also what version on IE? I have Chrome on a laptop but don't have it with me.

I'm using Chrome 10

knotty
04-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm using Chrome 10.0.648.205
thanks, dmv, that's what i'm talking about, the little box on the left hand side. i guess when there are new post, it's a very faint gray, then after reading the post and coming back, it's white.

DMV
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank you Don T, it's working now.

Gladiator
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
I also see my screen like DMV reported in post 81, with that block of 'Join date, age, etc' not aligned to the top and plenty of space in between.

My browser is IE 9.

MrHappy
04-29-2011, 02:38 PM
I also see my screen like DMV reported in post 81, with that block of 'Join date, age, etc' not aligned to the top and plenty of space in between.

My browser is IE 9.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox, safari, and I get the same as DMV posted.

Even if a post has only one line, the post from top crossbar to bottom crossbar takes up my entire screen.

Gladiator
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Another minor issue I've noticed is that when you click on a post number (on the top right-hand corner of each post) we used to get the post on a separate window, which was useful to post links to specific posts in other threads, but that doesn't seem to be working now.

Seville
04-29-2011, 03:02 PM
I get this message about 20% of the time I click on any posts in ISOC:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I know I don't have the fastest connection here but it is ONLY this site where that happens. It also happened before the upgrade. I highlight and "copy" every post I make because of this..... so I don't have to constantly retype it.

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you Don T, it's working now.

My browser is IE 9.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox, safari, and I get the same as DMV posted.

Even if a post has only one line, the post from top crossbar to bottom crossbar takes up my entire screen.

I was just about to post a screenshot of Chrome with it looking normal.

Funny thing DMV between your posts at 9:15pm and 9:41pm when I "fixed" it I was already in bed, asleep. And while Jimmy is great with paying the bill and uploading the best pics, I ensure you he didn't fix it either.

I have access to IE 6, 8, & 9. Firefox 3.x, Chrome, & Safari for the PC. Sorry I don't own a Makingtrash. And they all look "normal", of course there are differences but nothing crazy like what you are talking about. It might be your browser/PC settings especially since I fixed DMV's problem from my dreams.

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
I get this message about 20% of the time I click on any posts in ISOC:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I know I don't have the fastest connection here but it is ONLY this site where that happens. It also happened before the upgrade. I highlight and "copy" every post I make because of this..... so I don't have to constantly retype it.

I have noticed that our provider has been experiencing a lot more traffic delays. They are a liberal ISP, hence why we are with them.

Jimmydr
04-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I have noticed that our provider has been experiencing a lot more traffic delays. They are a liberal ISP, hence why we are with them.

I thought we had our own server?

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Another minor issue I've noticed is that when you click on a post number (on the top right-hand corner of each post) we used to get the post on a separate window, which was useful to post links to specific posts in other threads, but that doesn't seem to be working now.

I remember that let me look into it, might be a VB4 change.

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 07:09 PM
I thought we had our own server?

Yes but our server shares it connection to the internet with all the other servers they sell.

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 07:12 PM
thanks, dmv, that's what i'm talking about, the little box on the left hand side. i guess when there are new post, it's a very faint gray, then after reading the post and coming back, it's white.

Pick a color, any color.
Actually 2:
New Post color
Old Post color

I will change it.

Gladiator
04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
I was just about to post a screenshot of Chrome with it looking normal.

Funny thing DMV between your posts at 9:15pm and 9:41pm when I "fixed" it I was already in bed, asleep. And while Jimmy is great with paying the bill and uploading the best pics, I ensure you he didn't fix it either.

I have access to IE 6, 8, & 9. Firefox 3.x, Chrome, & Safari for the PC. Sorry I don't own a Makingtrash. And they all look "normal", of course there are differences but nothing crazy like what you are talking about. It might be your browser/PC settings especially since I fixed DMV's problem from my dreams.

DT,

I've attached below what I see, and I am using the default setting for IE 9, which doesn't cause any issues with all other websites and forums.

knotty
04-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Pick a color, any color.
Actually 2:
New Post color
Old Post color

I will change it.
any darker color or one that just stands out would help.

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 10:01 PM
DT,

I've attached below what I see, and I am using the default setting for IE 9, which doesn't cause any issues with all other websites and forums.

Ok it was an issue on both ends, I have nothing smaller then 1600X1050 resolution, clearly you do. The spacing issue is fixed for all resolutions going down to 800X600. If you have smaller, UPGRADE!

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 10:05 PM
any darker color or one that just stands out would help.

This Style had alts to use:
Gray-blue = OLD
Yellow = NEW

Don Tomas
04-29-2011, 10:17 PM

Sorry you are SOL on this one.

In 4.x there is no showpost anymore, that's why clicking the link scrolls to it in the thread. This is not a bug, the View Single Post feature was removed to reduce duplicate content for the new VB4 SEO feature.

Gladiator
04-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Ok it was an issue on both ends, I have nothing smaller then 1600X1050 resolution, clearly you do. The spacing issue is fixed for all resolutions going down to 800X600. If you have smaller, UPGRADE!

It looks OK now, thanks!

Jimmydr
04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
The new format is working great. I like it.

Thanks again for all the work DT has done to get us where we are.