PDA

View Full Version : Blogs

Don Tomas
04-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Blogs are just that, Blogs. They are for you to post to highlight posts that might get lost in a thread or in the forums.

I have setup 4 basic categories and welcome feedback on more.

Monger Ramblings
Misc Thoughts
Pictures from the net
Trip Reports & Pictures

Articles are very similar but only Admins/SuperMods can post those, more to come about those.

joeysterr
04-25-2011, 04:42 AM
-Do new blogs show up as new in "new posts" or only in the Blogs tab?
-Are blogs accessible by unregistered members, like a regular website page?(like the Web Site Information, ISOCWiki, etc. are accessible)

joeysterr
04-25-2011, 04:48 AM
can anybody see my blog test?

I want to be the first to thank you, Blogs will help our site tremendously since they are read by search engines much better then forums are.

Let's put it out there for the World to see!!! ISOC is taking over the entire whore board scene mothafuckers!! Haha

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 04:07 PM
-Do new blogs show up as new in "new posts" or only in the Blogs tab?
-Are blogs accessible by unregistered members, like a regular website page?(like the Web Site Information, ISOCWiki, etc. are accessible)

1. Well as I mentioned in another thread... Always make the post first, then use the buttons to make it a Blog or An Article. BTW Only Admins/SuperMods can make Articles.

2. As for access I haven't set it up but they are based off the Categories. Right now anyone logged in can read all the Blog Categories, I can narrow down let's say TR & Pics and make it readable by Picture members & higher only. Basically I wanted Category feedback first.

2a. Articles have a kick ass feature for Trip Reports. If you look at the basic default Articles on the "Home" page you will see they say "blah, blah, blah..." Read More> With Read More being a link. Well we can make a great Trip Report an Article and set it to bypass "Permission Preview" so anyone will see the first 200 or so characters but the link "Read More" won't let them "Read More" We might want to create a Sticky Article in that section about our Subscription options.

Jimmydr
04-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I did a brand new blog today.

joeysterr
04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
1. Well as I mentioned in another thread... Always make the post first, then use the buttons to make it a Blog or An Article. BTW Only Admins/SuperMods can make Articles.

2. As for access I haven't set it up but they are based off the Categories. Right now anyone logged in can read all the Blog Categories, I can narrow down let's say TR & Pics and make it readable by Picture members & higher only. Basically I wanted Category feedback first.

2a. Articles have a kick ass feature for Trip Reports. If you look at the basic default Articles on the "Home" page you will see they say "blah, blah, blah..." Read More> With Read More being a link. Well we can make a great Trip Report an Article and set it to bypass "Permission Preview" so anyone will see the first 200 or so characters but the link "Read More" won't let them "Read More" We might want to create a Sticky Article in that section about our Subscription options.

Ok I can provide feedback if you'd like but I'm gonna have to read all of this again and again:confused: lol