PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, Mobile Feedback

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Let me know how you like it, of course it is severely crippled to save bandwidth so skip the comments about features that the normal board has.

Thanks.

TNT72
04-25-2011, 03:54 PM
I've been on my mobile all day. Its quicker now than before. Maybe because of taking some of the features off. I like it.

When you change the style, will that change on here also?

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 03:57 PM
I've been on my mobile all day. Its quicker now than before. Maybe because of taking some of the features off. I like it.

When you change the style, will that change on here also?

There are a couple other Mobile styles I can upload them and try them out but they will stay pretty consistent. Slimmed down, no graphics, simple buttons, etc.

Of course if you are surfing with a 4+ inch screen on 4G (or whatever your provider calls it) or WiFi you can hit "Desktop" in the upper right corner of the screen and get the Style you see on your PC.

TNT72
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm on a 4" with 3G. I've been hitting the desktop all day. Thanks. I prefer it this way. I just wish we had the thank you button, because I know I wont go back and say thanks in alot of the threads I read during the day.

eastcoastallstar
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm on a 4" with 3G. I've been hitting the desktop all day. Thanks. I prefer it this way. I just wish we had the thank you button, because I know I wont go back and say thanks in alot of the threads I read during the day.

I agree with this statement.

naptime
04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
i like it.

much faster than before. even thoguh i use it on an android/incredible.

i like that avatars and sigs are gone, but posted images are still visible.

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM

It will add bloat but maybe I will add it and see where we go from there. But I will skip adding the "Who Thanked..." section below the post.

naptime
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
doh! i was just testing it to see if i liked it..

i didnt notice that the thank you button was missing till i saw the above posts..

that would be a huge help, because i do utilize the button, for close to evey post i read.

but if i read it on my phone, and i figure i am current on the thread, i wont go back and hit thanks once im back on my laptop.

or alternatively.. much like jimmy, i often use the thank you button to remember where i left off in a thread.

i could be going back and double reading.

any chance to have it on there?

though i know i can just hit desktop and use it that way too.

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 04:15 PM
doh! i was just testing it to see if i liked it..

i didnt notice that the thank you button was missing till i saw the above posts..

that would be a huge help, because i do utilize the button, for close to evey post i read.

but if i read it on my phone, and i figure i am current on the thread, i wont go back and hit thanks once im back on my laptop.

or alternatively.. much like jimmy, i often use the thank you button to remember where i left off in a thread.

i could be going back and double reading.

any chance to have it on there?

though i know i can just hit desktop and use it that way too.

Well it's there but it adds "Blog This Post" & "Panic Button" if you have that turned on. I cannot give you ONLY the Thank you button so let's see what you think.

TNT72
04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
That would be great. We don't need all the extras, but I know I'm not going to re-read everything, just to say thanks.

TNT72
04-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, not real crazy about it. It has to load again, then it kicks you back up to the top of the page.

naptime
04-25-2011, 04:26 PM
awesome!! :tup:

here's an odd one......

when you hit "said thanks" , it adds your thanks, and then refreshes the screen and takes you back to the top.

when you scroll down "said thanks" is gone, for that post. so you can see that you have said thanks..

strange that it takes you back to the top after refreshing...

or maybe its doing it BECAUSE its refreshing, which i would guess is because its a slimmed down mobile version..

hmmmm.

naptime
04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, not real crazy about it. It has to load again, then it kicks you back up to the top of the page.

see, if you typed longer, more detailed information, like i do. my post would have been before yours.

but noooooo. you wanna type shit quick and be done...

TNT72
04-25-2011, 04:30 PM
You know me. My typing is like my sex. Quick and to the point!!!

Bwahahahaha

Don Tomas
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
awesome!! :tup:

here's an odd one......

when you hit "said thanks" , it adds your thanks, and then refreshes the screen and takes you back to the top.

when you scroll down "said thanks" is gone, for that post. so you can see that you have said thanks..

strange that it takes you back to the top after refreshing...

or maybe its doing it BECAUSE its refreshing, which i would guess is because its a slimmed down mobile version..

hmmmm.

Yeah basically the Thank You addon uses Ajax which is not available on the mobile side.

Let me ask the author maybe there is something that can be done. I will leave as is for now.

papirazzi
04-25-2011, 04:44 PM
DT so far I've viewed the site on an HD2 and a Tablet..I like it! Very clean.

insular
04-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I will admit, I am not that big of a fan of the mobile feature. I have an iPhone and regular websites load well on it. However, if it's best for the site and most members, it's good for me!

Claudia
04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
I will admit, I am not that big of a fan of the mobile feature. I have an iPhone and regular websites load well on it. However, if it's best for the site and most members, it's good for me!

well you can always hit "desktop" in the upper right corner and get the normal style. you dont have to use the mobile style

DT

Claudia
04-26-2011, 12:52 PM
well you can always hit "desktop" in the upper right corner and get the normal style. you dont have to use the mobile style

DT

btw most people know this is my test acct i wouldnt dream of logging in with my dt acct since i use Opera Mobile which caches everything

insular
04-26-2011, 06:03 PM

DT

Thanks DT,
I can use the desktop to get to a normal page, however once I click on a link it defaults back to the moble site. Is that just my phone browser or is there something I can do?
Thanks again, I know your working hard for all of us here!

The Sage
04-26-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm using an I-phone.

Thanks DT,
I can use the desktop to get to a normal page, however once I click on a link it defaults back to the moble site. Is that just my phone browser or is there something I can do?

adios
04-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Me too: blackberry

Don Tomas
04-27-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm using an I-phone.

Thanks DT,

Me too: blackberry

Nope sorry you will always have the 1 extra step.

Not everyone has the latest & greatest phone so the Mobile/Lightweight Style will stay and of course the board sees that you are on a mobile device so it will always default to that.

PS. I will put it at the bottom of the list but maybe I can think up a setting to auto skip that one step for you in your user settings.

joeysterr
03-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Is it me or did I miss the memo? Can't find the mobile site anymore.

eastcoastallstar
03-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Is it me or did I miss the memo? Can't find the mobile site anymore.

I'm viewing this from my blackberry right now.

joeysterr
03-15-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm viewing this from my blackberry right now.

Viewing this from Android just great but I am on wifi. I'd hate to experience the full blown website in 3G or less. Can you get to the mobile version? Where did you get it?

joeysterr
03-02-2013, 11:57 AM
I am browsing through android and I am denied all direct access to paid, green, etc forums. My only way to reach them is to search for my last posts in them, if any, and browse from there. As you all you all know I've had very little posts lately lol.

Anyone experiencing this?

Westy
03-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I am browsing through android and I am denied all direct access to paid, green, etc forums. My only way to reach them is to search for my last posts in them, if any, and browse from there. As you all you all know I've had very little posts lately lol.

I noticed the same when I was running my Droid from Casa Cayena's WiFi (because I couldn't get my ThinkPad to talk with the WiFi).

Evidently there's only so much you can do in Mobile. I'm glad Wilfried had a computer for us in the stairway niche.

jacknback
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM

You've been off the site so long it doesn't recognize you:rofl::rofl::rofl:

joeysterr
03-04-2013, 12:07 PM
You've been off the site so long it doesn't recognize you:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kevy
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM

I am using my android cell right now with no problems. Of course I went to the bottom of the screen and changed over to desktop view.