PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from New Garden Hotel !!

Gutter Meat
10-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Overall experiece at the New Garden was good. I do like the Europa rooms itself in that they are large , big bed, electronic safe, location. The pool at the Europa sucks and is dirty. The New Garden hotel had some really good guys I met there. The pool was very nice and kept clean even though it didn't really go more than about 5 feeet deap. There is plenty of room on the property grounds which would make for a great hot tub.

Beers are 70 pesos which is kinda on the high end for a Hotel. What everyone was doing was just going right outside the Hotel to the bogee and buying them in "6" packs and putting the beers in the room fridge. If the owner lowered the price of beers to 50 pesos he most likly would sell alot more. Guys rather walk right outside and pay 35 pesos over 70 pesos a beer.

There was a security guard with pisola from 6pm to 6am and i had no problem with him.

On any given day there were about 2 to 7 chicas hanging out at the bar and pool area. i didn't use their services however it's nice to look at while you're chilin at the pool .

The room was a little smaller than the Eoropa's room. Room was clean with 2 beds, cable tv that worked, ceiling fan , and AC unit that worked very well. I was on the 2nd floor so I had a nice balcony over looking the pool. Bathroom toilet flushed well. Did NOT stuff up toloit once !! Shower stall is very small and water presure was average.

In order to turn on the AC unit in the room you must use your room key to turn it on. So there is no way to leave the AC on when you leave the room. Save energy I guess. The thing I don't like about that is that you must now leave the room key in the wall out in the open when a chica stays over. Somthing I don't like. If your sleeping , A Zankie pankie chica can take the key and split. There is a room safe too which was like $2 extra a day with a sepeate key. I like the Europas safe better since it's electronic and you only have to rember a #. With a "key" safe you always have to rember to hide the key when the chica goes to the bathroom. What i do is make the chica wait outside , I go in hide the key then let the chica in.

What is up with the key chain the garden hotel gives you??? thing is huge and is solid steel. pain in the ass to drag around if you go to the beach.
Still 1am cerfew on weekdays and 2am weekends. Kinda sucks.

I would stay at the Garden Hotel and i recommend it highly. Just A few minor changes would make it that much better.

There were different size rooms at the Garden too. I saw one room on the 1st floor with 3 beds. The guy staying next to me on the 2nd floor had only one bed although his room was the same size. My room had 2 beds. Maid service was very good. I can't comment on the food at the Garden since i didn't have any but it looked pretty good.

Location is also very good. Only about a 2 min walk to all the action and at night it is very quiet since it is not on the main road.

SJG
10-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Good review. Thanks. I'll be there for the first time 11/18-11/25.

guttaman
10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Yea, the Europa can be concidered a ghetto area if you think about it.

guttaman
10-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Freedom of speach until it offends someone.

LM
10-22-2006, 09:34 PM
That big-ass heavy key thing is supposed to be dropped into the room box thing that's hanging on the wall in the office when you leave. It took me a while to figure that out.:o

MisterPink
10-22-2006, 09:39 PM

Is that intended to be a racial slur?

SJG
10-22-2006, 09:39 PM
My only problem with the Europa is that Daisy hangs out on the porch and won't let me walk by without trying to molest me....

Apos
10-22-2006, 09:42 PM
who mentioned ghetto? WTF?:confused:

guttaman
10-22-2006, 09:48 PM
who mentioned ghetto? WTF?:confused:

Mentioned from the post that was squashed.

Apos
10-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Mentioned from the post that was squashed.squashed with good reason...and will this be the next one?

guttaman
10-22-2006, 09:53 PM
squashed with good reason...and will this be the next one?

Do what the fuck you want. Threaten me? Sounds like it.

agua chico
10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
why is guttaman being allowed to spew this psuedo intelligent blather when my post was removed? WTF!

Apos
10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Do what the fuck you want. Threaten me? Sounds like it.
i'm not sure what's bugging you but you do seem to be eager for a fight. kindly look elsewhere. i haven't said anything even remotely resembling a threat although you seem to be.

you are not exactly setting a proper example this evening if that;s what you're trying to do:confused:

Apos
10-22-2006, 10:01 PM
why is guttaman being allowed to spew this psuedo intelligent blather when my post was removed? WTF!
this is a different, although similar, thread.

the other thread was moved in the, apparantly false, hope of having an informative and rational thread.

"...try, try again"

guttaman
10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Why, because when i feel a cause is worth fighting for i do so. This is a bullshit reaction to a single non racist word in a review of a members stay. And may i mention i respect this member for the srevice he has and will continue to provide to keep the USA safe.

Apos
10-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Why, because when i feel a cause is worth fighting for i do so. This is a bullshit reaction to a single non racist word in a review of a members stay. And may i mention i respect this member for the srevice he has and will continue to provide to keep the USA safe.no one is disrespecting him and he chose to start a new thread.

you have chosen to hijack it for your own end.

perhaps you should start your own thread and state your views and opinions there instead.

agua chico
10-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Guttaman keeps crying "freedom of speech". Well here is an elementary lesson in constitutional law, buddy. Freedom of speech is only protected when the government tries to curb your speech. You cannot go into a privately owned forum and just shoot out verbal or written dysentery and then look for protection under some "freedom of speech" bullshit.

guttaman
10-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Guttaman keeps crying "freedom of speech". Well here is an elementary lesson in constitutional law, buddy. Freedom of speech is only protected when the government tries to curb your speech. You cannot go into a privately owned forum and just shoot out verbal or written dysentery and then look for protection under some "freedom of speech" bullshit.

You are allowed your thoughts and i am allowed mine. Send me a copy of your law degree and i will gladly shove my head up my ass. Until then unless you have met me please refrain. I have met, Gutter Meat, Kevy and Apos and even thought we disagree we have mutual respect for each other. I hope?

Apos
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
You are allowed your thoughts and i am allowed mine. Send me a copy of your law degree and i will gladly shove my head up my ass. Until then unless you have met me please refrain. I have met, Gutter Meat, Kevy and Apos and even thought we disagree we have mutual respect for each other. I hope?you know it :)

agua chico
10-22-2006, 11:11 PM
You are allowed your thoughts and i am allowed mine. Send me a copy of your law degree and i will gladly shove my head up my ass. Until then unless you have met me please refrain. I have met, Gutter Meat, Kevy and Apos and even thought we disagree we have mutual respect for each other. I hope?

Better yet I will fax you a copy of my bar card. A law degree is worthless if you're not admitted to the bar. I was admitted to 2 state bars on the 1st sitting. So get ready to shove your head up your ass. Send me your fax number. I will also send you my work number for verification, if you desire.

I did not mean disrespect, but your blind support of a reprehesible utterance after the author retracted it made me react that way. I will be waiting for you fax number and the inevitable shoving of your head up your ass. Until then I remain, respectfully yours.

Jagu.

guttaman
10-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Better yet I will fax you a copy of my bar card. A law degree is worthless if you're not admitted to the bar. I was admitted to 2 state bars on the 1st sitting. So get ready to shove your head up your ass. Send me your fax number. I will also send you my work number for verification, if you desire.

I did not mean disrespect, but your blind support of a reprehesible utterance after the author retracted it made me react that way. I will be waiting for you fax number and your inevitable shove of your head up your ass. Until then I remain, respectfully yours.

Jagu.

Author retracted jack shit. His original post was pulled by a person with the power to put it in another forum. It is still intact and able to be retrieved if needed. I will have no problem admitting i am wrong if you can in fact use your duel state law licence to prove that what was written was not protected under the 1st admendment. Being a lawyer you should know the law. Yes, this site has certain rules but do we have to go into litigation to agree on what words can be used and what can not? I use the term barrio often. For some it is an ethnic slur but for me it means neiborhood. Ghetto for me means a shitty place to live. Actually i lived there when i got out of jail years ago. Slum, project or low income housing. Does that consist of a certain ethnic group. No. It is only poor people of all races. One of my favorite songs is " Ghetto Life " by Rick James.

If you deal with civil rights i respect that. Atlanta is the home of the civil rights movement. I am no ignorant redneck. I know for a fact that i have been in way more diverse living situations than you could ever imagine. I have spent more than 5 years living in multicultural confined quarters. I take people as they are. I have seen people take small remarks that mean nothing and turn them into a week long riot lock down.

I will email. I am a simple house painter and have no idea how a fax works.

agua chico
10-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I will not get into an chatroom internet duel with you. If you want to discuss the law in detail I will provide you with my number. It's simple, the 1st ammendment has no bearing on private forums, there has to be state action.
Again your presumption that I am a civil rights lawyer because I reside in
ATL is laughable, to say the list. I got your private mail and I'd like to discuss anything you may want to in a more civil manner. I will send you my number.

PS: I am an not a civil rights lawyer.

Guttaman, I am sorry I may have come off harsh at 1st but you should know your audience and speak accordingly. You are a super moderator, you should know better.

Gutter Meat
10-23-2006, 01:10 AM
The last time I went down there I went with a friend who is African American raised in Nigeria. I just feel the class of people staying at the Europa compared to the Garden is like comparing Hotel 8 to The Hilton.

jd_mine
10-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey Guttaman, I don't see anything racial in the word 'ghetto' either!

agua chico
10-23-2006, 06:58 AM
The last time I went down there I went with a friend who is African American raised in Nigeria. I just feel the class of people staying at the Europa compared to the Garden is like comparing Hotel 8 to The Hilton.

Was your Nigerian friend a stocky guy who is also quite loud, if so, I checked in with
you guys. He was there in March and I saw him in September. I may have met you briefly.

agua chico
10-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey Guttaman, I don't see anything racial in the word 'ghetto' either!

Of course you wouldn't unless you had read the original post and seen the way it was used and "the kind" of people he was reffering to.

I don't think the mere use of the word ghetto is necessarily racist either, but when you bunch up some people and refer to them as ghetto and then come on a private board where you have those type of people reading your post and start slinging the word anyhow, it is disrespectful to your audience and you should expect people to jump down your throat.

SJG
10-23-2006, 08:02 AM
those type of people

I find that phrase much more racist than the word ghetto. It may not have been meant that way, but there we are... I think the problem with the word ghetto is that it has been used before here in a very racist manner. I'm all about freedom of speech and the proliferation of ideas, but I think we also need to take a little more care in choosing our words to ensure we convey our true meaning.

I have seen people take small remarks that mean nothing and turn them into a week long riot lock down.

This is exactly was was trying to be avoided here in the forums by moving the post until the author could have a chance to clarify what he meant.

We have enough drama here with crazy chicas and captian sav-a-hos and don't need huge flame wars starting up over a mis-understanding. So, IMHO, it was not squashing freedom of speech to move that post, just good moderating.

agua chico
10-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagu View Post
those type of people

I find that phrase much more racist than the word ghetto. It may not have been meant that way, but there we are... I think the problem with the word ghetto is that it has been used before here in a very racist manner. I'm all about freedom of speech and the proliferation of ideas, but I think we also need to take a little more care in choosing our words to ensure we convey our true meaning.

I am actually one of "those type of people"

Cuba Libre
10-23-2006, 09:47 AM
who mentioned ghetto? WTF?:confused:The OP mentioned it in describing The Europa. He then changed it to "low class". Now the reference has been taken out altogether. It makes for a very confusing read.

SJG
10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
I am actually one of "those type of people"

You miss my point. It is easy for someone to take a word or phrase out of context and point the racism finger. On one side of the equasion, we need to be a little more careful and precise about the words and language we use, and on the other side of the equasion, we need to be not so fast to jump on the racism witch hunt.

Or in other words, Can't we all just get along?

agua chico
10-23-2006, 11:15 AM
No one ever called him racist. I just pointed out that Guttaman's blind support of the use of the word in its context was improper especially for a "super moderator" and the way the op posted it could be offensive in a racially diverse forum, which is what you are saying.

DEPUTY DAWG
10-23-2006, 01:46 PM

I did not mean disrespect, but your blind support of a reprehesible utterance after the author retracted it made me react that way. I will be waiting for you fax number and the inevitable shoving of your head up your ass. Until then I remain, respectfully yours.

Jagu.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what happen but the definition of a real ghetto isn't about just one race but several groups, economically depressed etc.... unfortunately some people if not most now view it for a single group of people considered economically depressed. I wasn't insulted by guttamans comments.........

agua chico
10-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Okay guys let's put it to rest, Guttaman and I have agreed to settle our differences in private and amicably, with his head up his ass :)

SJG
10-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Okay guys let's put it to rest, Guttaman and I have agreed to settle our differences in private and amicably, with his head up his ass :)

pics please. :p :rofl:

sosuaman
10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
being politically correct sucks,,,
its badly damaged our great country,,
political correctness has permeated itself into every area of our society... and its sickening,,,,
if someone wants to express their thoughts and others find it "offensive" or "politically incorrect",, fuck em,,
why should someone have to reword themselves because someone else is "uncomfortable " with the wording,,,
who cares what another person says or believes?
let them believe or say whatever they want,,,
why let it effect your life? or day for that matter?,, or moment?
what someone else says should have no berring on anothers life,,,
read the words .. hear the words,, and just move on! live your life,,,
who cares what words another utters,,,,
phrases that were said decades ago with no problems are now considered "offensive " to some,,,so they "must" be changed..
america is filled with mamsy pamsy liberals who take everything said as personal attacks.. hence this politically correct shit,,,

agua chico
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
pics please. :p :rofl:

I Know, I can't wait :)

agua chico
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
political correctness has permeated itself into every area of our society... and its sickening,,,,
if someone wants to express their thoughts and others find it "offensive" or "politically incorrect",, fuck em,,
why should someone have to reword themselves because someone else is "uncomfortable " with the wording,,,
phrases that were said decades ago with no problems are now considered "offensive " to some,,,so they "must" be changed..
america is filled with mamsy pamsy liberals who take everything said as personal attacks.. hence this politically correct shit,,,

Your point is duly noted, thanks

crimecleaner
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Great, can we now get back to info on the New Garden. I will be there Nov 14th and love reading the stories of all who stayed there. I think me and this place will do just fine.

blacksultan
10-23-2006, 05:32 PM
You miss my point. It is easy for someone to take a word or phrase out of context and point the racism finger. On one side of the equasion, we need to be a little more careful and precise about the words and language we use, and on the other side of the equasion, we need to be not so fast to jump on the racism witch hunt.

Or in other words, Can't we all just get along?

We are the world, we are the children!!!!! I have said it before and I am going to say again.

blacksultan
10-23-2006, 05:33 PM

Oh shit, Fox News on ISOC!!!!

THEGAME
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
A-Men!! "The Garden Inn" is a realy convienient place to stay, the location is nice & Lorenzo was cool as Hell!! I had no problems with the security guard, I just walked right past him with my Chica for the night, you should be fine there for your stay on Nov.14th

"THE GAME"

weyland
10-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Overall experience at the New Garden was good ... etc.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post a proper detailed review and not a smartass one-liner.

Juggles
10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Oh shit, Fox News on ISOC!!!!

FAUX News....

the_Jayman
10-23-2006, 11:35 PM
How much $ for the room you stayed in . . . per night . . . including all fees . . . safe, chica fee if ya go for the happy hour ? chicas in the pool ? ? . .

was it just you and other gringo mongers at the hotel or were there families . . . Dominicana or otherwise ? ?

sosuaman
10-24-2006, 09:49 AM
$40 per nite paid by credit card,,,
i believe $2 safe fee
no chica fees at all,,,
chicas in the pool no problemo,,,
didn't see any families,, stayed there for 10 nites,,
a great laid back place where the management doesn't bother you,,,,

agua chico
10-24-2006, 10:24 AM
They have a well stacked girl working at the desk when i went to check the place out, but I don't think she's game for the game though.