PDA

View Full Version : New A_Advantage card

moshy2k
05-09-2005, 11:12 AM
I got the new card about a month ago and have started using it figuring I would probably get a few free flights out of it. I just saw that this card will be pretty much useless as far as getting airline miles on flights to the DR.

There is no direct flight to STI or POP from Newark which really sucks I was just checking out fares for the November trip and there is no flight under 7hrs from EWR to either DR airport. The card wil still be good for my other vacations but I don't see me getting much of a benefit on my Dr trips :cry: .

BrooklynBeas
05-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I got the new card about a month ago and have started using it figuring I would probably get a few free flights out of it. I just saw that this card will be pretty much useless as far as getting airline miles on flights to the DR.

There is no direct flight to STI or POP from Newark which really sucks I was just checking out fares for the November trip and there is no flight under 7hrs from EWR to either DR airport. The card wil still be good for my other vacations but I don't see me getting much of a benefit on my Dr trips :cry: .

Moshy, whats wrong with you... Take a ride to NY and use JFK-POP or STI... There are direct flights every day and probably cheaper... I have my card for about a year and have about 31,000 miles on it so far..

moshy2k
05-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Getting to NY is a FREAKING NIGHTMARE................ My first trip to DR I went to NY to catch the plane the traffic was terrible (expensive cab ride) and that airport is ass backwards.

I can get over the airport but that damn traffic is insane..... I got my free miles and put on about 3k miles for this month. If I could only figure out a way to pay my mortgage with the card things would be perfect.

JDR
05-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Just because there are no flights today doesn't mean there never will be any in the future? :D

BrooklynBeas
05-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Getting to NY is a FREAKING NIGHTMARE................ My first trip to DR I went to NY to catch the plane the traffic was terrible (expensive cab ride) and that airport is ass backwards.

I can get over the airport but that damn traffic is insane..... I got my free miles and put on about 3k miles for this month. If I could only figure out a way to pay my mortgage with the card things would be perfect.

Didnt El Drunko give you a way to pay bills with it... I really should be trying to add miles but all i do is pay for everything with the credit card... Gas,Food,Clothes... Etc... I pay nothing in cash expect for maybe food from the cafeteria at work... Traffic excuse is wack by the way... Cant you get into Penn Station or something and take a train/bus to JFK... i dunno but luckily i live 5-10 minutes from JFK! :P :P :P :P :P

Dick Dawson
05-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I'd love to know why Continental has a lock on direct flights from Newark.

JDR
05-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I'd love to know why Continental has a lock on direct flights from Newark.

I know, I know, thats their main HUB! :D

hughgrection
07-14-2005, 10:28 PM

I fly n/s jfk pop on aa

El Drunko
07-14-2005, 10:50 PM
WOW I would never have this mentality......Someone isn`t paying attention to the FF rules..

Its ewr-pop <RT 2916 miles>
ewr-sju-pop <RT 3216 just for the ewr-sju routing. Since sju-pop is under 500 miles you instantly get 500 miles for that trip. so a EWR-SJU-POP routing gets RT 4216 miles.

depending on what code ya booked the ticket under you could get full miles toward GOLD status or 1/2 milage toward GOLD.
Booked in S gets 1/2 milage, booked in M gets 100% Its up to you on how ya book the ticket....See there is alot too this, but ya have to pay attention. Those were just example codes, there are about five different codes for each class of ticket...AND no I'm NOT talking about First Class.

moshy2k
07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Drunko is a fountain of info.

El Drunko
07-15-2005, 12:15 AM
and some people just think I'm a cheap date...

Jimmydr
07-15-2005, 08:33 AM
WOW I would never have this mentality......Someone isn`t paying attention to the FF rules..

Its ewr-pop <RT 2916 miles>
ewr-sju-pop <RT 3216 just for the ewr-sju routing. Since sju-pop is under 500 miles you instantly get 500 miles for that trip. so a EWR-SJU-POP routing gets RT 4216 miles.

depending on what code ya booked the ticket under you could get full miles toward GOLD status or 1/2 milage toward GOLD.
Booked in S gets 1/2 milage, booked in M gets 100% Its up to you on how ya book the ticket....See there is alot too this, but ya have to pay attention. Those were just example codes, there are about five different codes for each class of ticket...AND no I'm NOT talking about First Class.

The site is confusing, this is confusing!!! Anyways, this is very important and should be on its own topic. Sage flies this way and for some reason ends up with 25,000 points coming from the West Coast. You can double your miles at times.

rbc100
07-24-2005, 05:57 PM
AAdvantage credit card discount miles to DR from anywhere in the US are 17500 miles this quarter.I have a personal and business card and rack up anbout 3000 to 5000 per month plus miles on flights.I am flighying to Puerto Plata late Sept. for the 17500 miles and get about 3500 back on miles.The card has a fee but well worth it for me as I can fly free 3 or 4 times a year many places in the Caribiean, Central America and South America.DR is about a $600 fare for me out of Dallas with taxes even with sales.A great deal.Nothing like flying free to get laid at a value.rbc100

ChicaRider
07-24-2005, 06:35 PM
AAdvantage credit card discount miles to DR from anywhere in the US are 17500 miles this quarter.I have a personal and business card and rack up anbout 3000 to 5000 per month plus miles on flights.I am flighying to Puerto Plata late Sept. for the 17500 miles and get about 3500 back on miles.The card has a fee but well worth it for me as I can fly free 3 or 4 times a year many places in the Caribiean, Central America and South America.DR is about a $600 fare for me out of Dallas with taxes even with sales.A great deal.Nothing like flying free to get laid at a value.rbc100

what do you mean by AAdvantage card discount miles? I looked all over the AA site and didnt see anything about it. Are you saying that you can get an AAdvatage award ticket for just 17,500 miles?

guttaman
07-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Cost me 30,000 miles for August

Jimmydr
07-24-2005, 06:49 PM

At times they have specials.

rbc100
07-24-2005, 06:53 PM
You have to access them on the citibank site under the AAdvantage section.Depending on the card it is like a 5000 or 7500 mile discount off the reguar fare when it is offered in the list of destinations.The offers change quarterly on locations but DR is often included and often Puerto Plata.It is easier to get it in off peak seasons and the miles drop 5000 around mid September.That is how I got the 17500.Regular miles are 25000 with 7500 discount offered.You have to call AAdvantage department ot book it ,you cant do it on line.I will look for the link to the site. rbc100

ChicaRider
07-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks! Pleae post the link if you find it, Im looking at my AA citicard site and don't see it there either...I have the platinum card

El Drunko
07-24-2005, 07:05 PM
edited

rbc100
07-24-2005, 07:48 PM
the link is citibusinesscreditcards.com.There is a place on the left to click AAdvantage cards that takes you to next page.There is a place to click reduced mileage awards on that page that gets to the discounts.DR is often on the list and miles drop 5000 around mid September.Many outehr places to go including Colombia and Peru and outher places in Central America for 22500 miles.It is a grat deal.rbc100

guttaman
07-24-2005, 07:59 PM
I got fucked out of 7,500 miles on my August trip. 17,500 miles Sept. 7 thru the 30th. With the 7,500 i got fucked out of i could have gone again the end of September. That link will be first in my favorites list.

rbc100
07-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Nothing like a free trip.I'm a AAdvantqage miles whore for sure.rbc100