PDA

View Full Version : good guides?

dmoney
05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
anyone know any good, trustworthy guides that i might be able to use on my trip? i may or may not use one but i feel like it always good to have the contacts for one just in case. Basically i am looking for someone who is has knows a few of the not so common venues where i can meet girls. They need to be able to speak good enough english to communicate with me and also to translate for me if i need. The younger they are the better since i am on the younger side they could pass as my wingman easier. This is does not really matter but i am trying to keep under the radar as much as i can.

i was thinking of paying the person about $40 for the 6 days (max i will go is 50). The cheaper the better. I might only use them for a few days if i feel comfortable enough.

you can pm or post your suggestions on here.

thanks in advance

Jonew1
05-09-2011, 09:51 PM
I dont know his name but if you are ever bored at night and have nothing really pressing then slip into the Hideaway next to classicos there is a young black guy who sits at the bar almost everynight he always has a hat and glasses on and a laptop case with him he just sits there.

i went and talked with him one night and his parents are dominican and he was born there but ended up growing up in brooklyn with his uncle now he is back in the dr and he speaks fluent english and spanish.

he was going to take me around and show me some shit i wrote down his number before i bought my phone and lost it. i never made an attempt to find him again i just cut my losses. but he is in there go and talk to him. he seems like a straight up kat.

eastcoastallstar
05-09-2011, 10:01 PM
In Sosua RAMON!!!!!

He'll get you all the chicks you need. Ain't nothng wrong with the common places...cause in Sosua there all common places.

anyone know any good, trustworthy guides that i might be able to use on my trip? i may or may not use one but i feel like it always good to have the contacts for one just in case. Basically i am looking for someone who is has knows a few of the not so common venues where i can meet girls. They need to be able to speak good enough english to communicate with me and also to translate for me if i need. The younger they are the better since i am on the younger side they could pass as my wingman easier. This is does not really matter but i am trying to keep under the radar as much as i can.

i was thinking of paying the person about $40 for the 6 days (max i will go is 50). The cheaper the better. I might only use them for a few days if i feel comfortable enough.

thanks in advance

eastcoastallstar
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
In Sosua RAMON!!!!!

He'll get you all the chicks you need. Ain't nothng wrong with the common places...cause in Sosua there all common places.

This is him, the guy with the EastCoast Jersey.
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/90744a616d9f12dbb.jpg

That's my mans, He's good people and he won't rob you (as long as you not an obvious vic) speaks english, knows all the thugs, so you'll be safe.

papirazzi
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
This is him, the guy with the EastCoast Jersey.
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/90744a616d9f12dbb.jpg)

That's my mans, He's good people and he won't rob you (as long as you not an obvious vic) speaks english, knows all the thugs, so you'll be safe.

EC? what's up with that Sig?... :confused2: The kinder, gentler? Don't have these lames thinking that BK is going soft on them LMAO

eastcoastallstar
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
EC? what's up with that Sig?... :confused2: The kinder, gentler? Don't have these lames thinking that BK is going soft on them LMAO

Taking it down a notch, but i'll be back on my bullshit once they forget :iconTU:

eastcoastallstar
05-09-2011, 10:53 PM
On the good guides topic, I suggested 1500 pesos per day for Ramon

I never needed a guide around Sosua outside of this board.

But if you had to pay a guide, how much would you pay???

BigLongBeach
05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Also gotta think about what you want from the guide. does he meet you for breakfast, lunch, dinner, then drinks?

I always think if your rolling solo its better to get someone with like interests (other tourist mongers) to roll with than a random person in a hustler area.

I also prefer rolling with chicas. Id rather go to the beach with a chica than some dude.

Dominicans are also incredibly friendly so you will make friends if you are looking for them....

eastcoastallstar
05-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Also gotta think about what you want from the guide. does he meet you for breakfast, lunch, dinner, then drinks?

I always think if your rolling solo its better to get someone with like interests (other tourist mongers) to roll with than a random person in a hustler area.

I also prefer rolling with chicas. Id rather go to the beach with a chica than some dude.

Dominicans are also incredibly friendly so you will make friends if you are looking for them....

I mean, that's how I roll, I roll dolo or with a freind or two.

But if the OP insists on a guide.

gdogg
05-09-2011, 11:07 PM
On the good guides topic, I suggested 1500 pesos per day for Ramon

I never needed a guide around Sosua outside of this board.

But if you had to pay a guide, how much would you pay???

:iconTU:

dmoney
05-09-2011, 11:34 PM
i like rolling solo. i am just looking for someone to show me around for maybe an hour or two each day (or until i get the hang of things). mostly need them to show me the less hardcore girls and maybe get me lower prices with them. nothing too special. don't really want them to hang with me all day long just for when i want to go hunting.

i can do stuff on my own but its just sort of backup plan for me and i think it would be cool to have someone to roll with my first night there so i can learn how things work there first hand.

thanks for your help EC i will try and find Roman if i can.

anyone else got any other recommendations and what price is fair for what i am looking for?

shredder
05-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Before my first trip I was spending 4 hours a night reading trip reports and posts on ISOC for about 3 months. I arrived and did a daytime walk around Sosua to orient myself finding all the places I'd read about. Then as the trip went on I met plenty of like minded travelers and LISTENED well.

You sure don't need a guide to find Classicos and after that the girls will find you. Reading the trip reports will give you a crash course in negotiating and recognizing "games." I suppose a guide would help with the negotiation and maybe keeping you away from some troublesome girls but sooner or later you'll need to take off the training wheels and go it alone.:wink:

BigLongBeach
05-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Maybe we could spit out the names of some of the cool/trusted local dominicans?

My boy Felix has always been straight up. Short dude, has a motto, he is born and bread in sosua but he speaks english. He works/worked at a cafeteria next to scotia bank on Pedro Clisante. Just buy him presidentes at classicos and he will be cool. If you like him get him a big girl for take out.

He never asked me for a peso, and always asked permission before getting a drink from our bottles in the club. I got him a girl one night, and i bought food from his spot a few times.

dmoney
05-10-2011, 01:05 AM
i agree with you shredder ... i have been reading reports non stop so i have a good idea. i just wanted one as more of a backup in case i am in a pinch in the daytime and need some help. like i said in my original post i may or may not use them.

also thanks longbeach i will see if i can find him.

ilv4play
05-10-2011, 01:09 AM
My suggestion is take the time to learn spanish better. I downloaded the pimsler cd's from CRT's website and put them on my Ipod. Whenever I am driving or traveling I am learning. It makes a huge difference and in the DR if you are trying and totally f-up the words and grammar the chicas think its cute. Seriously if you are going to play where they speak a different language invest in yourself it will make a good trip great. We took a few hours to get acquainted with Sosua and did not need much more. All you really need to know is that Pedro Clisante goes from the South West at the beach to La Passions which is North East, DR Rosen intersects Pedro Clisante and if you stay left on the turns in the road you will end up back towards the beach on Pedro Clisante. Most of what you will be looking for is in that area.

BorisDaBulletDodger
05-10-2011, 01:45 AM
on my last trip I hung out with Robert12132 (sorry I don't know the exact numbers, but I am sure he will reply if interested), and basically bought him many beers through out the weekend. I think the money he saved us in food more then made up his beer expense. He was a wealth of information in the Sosua area.

He may not have all the things you are looking for since he is older, and speaks perfect english, and I am sure his spanish is getting better by the day, but if he is willing to hang out with you, he would be able to answer a lot of questions in the area, and you will not have to worry about safety.

We just bought him beers at NG and around the bars and clubs.

Assuming he wants to hang out, I would strongly suggest at least having a few beers, or lunch with him, I am sure you will walk away with some helpful info.

Heading down there again in 30 days, and will call Robert up for many many beers.

weyland
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM
What is the matter with all you guys? Have you learned nothing from ISOC?

Any local who tries to earn a living as a guide to mongers in Sosúa is very likely to be total piece of shit. If he can speak English well he probably learned it in Rykers.

The best that can happen is that he sponges off you, cramps your style, and you will have a helluva job shaking him off, this trip and any future trip you will make. It will be like having dogshit on your shoe for the whole of your vacation.

The worst that can happen is that he will set you up to be robbed or for some scam which will cost you plenty.

These guys can do nothing for you that you cannot do for yourself. If you are total newbie there are loads of mongers hanging at the New Garden, Rocky's, Passions, Black Box and other popular spots who can get you started.

This does not apply to Robert13212 who is American and totally reliable, but if you ask for his help at least pay his drinks and motoconcho or gas expenses if any are incurred.

Someone wrote of "trusted" Dominicans. If you trust any male Dominican who does not have a regular job in Sosúa you are an idiot. The town attracts scum from across the DR because so many dumbass gringo "marks" are there. Why are you falling over yourselves to be one of them?

Kennilingus
05-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Maybe we could spit out the names of some of the cool/trusted local dominicans?

In my 1st few trips to the DR I thought I knew a couple of guys who were cool/trustworthy ... after my 10th trip there not so much ...

Here is a complete list of Dominicans I firmly believe to be cool/trusted:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
End of list

While I haven't bothered to get to know many .... My cool/trusted ex-pat list in Sosua is a copy of the above.

I said Sosua ... there are 2 from this board in POP and 1 in SDQ who would make my list, but none in Sosua ... I have met some Ex-pats who are equal to or worse than their Dominican counterparts!

jose1234
05-10-2011, 08:58 AM
I have to echo Weylands assessment. Robert is fun to hang out with and there are plenty of good ISOC guys looking for a buddy to have a few drinks with and roaming from Passions and the various bars. I live in the DR and I would not trust any Dominican that hangs out in Sosua... There might be someone that you meet up with and talk a bit with, but even that is dangerous or can be annoying to me.

Finding putas in Sosua is like shooting fish in a barrel. You just want to have a good time in between and avoid the scams. Being green, you will likely get the puta that raises her price after you agree and then threatens to make a big stink of it...that sort of thing... It will be learning pains, but reading the board here will go a long way and meeting up with a few members here when you get there will also help out a lot.

Don't be put off by the age of the ISOC members if they are older than you. Your not going out dancing with them to pick up normal girls in clubs...Your there for a good time and good advice and to share your experiences in between. Also, an older experienced guy will be able to tell you what you did wrong after you make your mistakes and help you learn quicker... Sometimes nothing can keep you from making mistakes, its part of the deal...its only in retrospect do you fully understand what happened and with an older experienced guy to talk with you will learn what to do next time or learn to just let it go because there may have not been much we could have done to avert the drama...it just goes with the territory...

You are going to have a great time... Nothing but the best!

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM

thanks in advance

Are you saying per day or in total?

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 09:06 AM
What is the matter with all you guys? Have you learned nothing from ISOC?

Any local who tries to earn a living as a guide to mongers in Sosúa is very likely to be total piece of shit. If he can speak English well he probably learned it in Rykers.

The best that can happen is that he sponges off you, cramps your style, and you will have a helluva job shaking him off, this trip and any future trip you will make. It will be like having dogshit on your shoe for the whole of your vacation.

The worst that can happen is that he will set you up to be robbed or for some scam which will cost you plenty.

These guys can do nothing for you that you cannot do for yourself. If you are total newbie there are loads of mongers hanging at the New Garden, Rocky's, Passions, Black Box and other popular spots who can get you started.

This does not apply to Robert13212 who is American and totally reliable, but if you ask for his help at least pay his drinks and motoconcho or gas expenses if any are incurred.

Someone wrote of "trusted" Dominicans. If you trust any male Dominican who does not have a regular job in Sosúa you are an idiot. The town attracts scum from across the DR because so many dumbass gringo "marks" are there. Why are you falling over yourselves to be one of them?

I am glad to see you vouch for Robert:iconTU::iconTU:

I was going to suggest that maybe he contact you, but contacting Robert would be fine.

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 09:08 AM
In my 1st few trips to the DR I thought I knew a couple of guys who were cool/trustworthy ... after my 10th trip there not so much ...

Here is a complete list of Dominicans I firmly believe to be cool/trusted:

-
-
-

-
-
-
-
End of list

While I haven't bothered to get to know many .... My cool/trusted ex-pat list in Sosua is a copy of the above.

I said Sosua ... there are 2 from this board in POP and 1 in SDQ who would make my list, but none in Sosua ... I have met some Ex-pats who are equal to or worse than their Dominican counterparts!

I had two moto guys that were trust worthy and never asked for anything more than I gave them. At least they came with the mode of transportation.-

dmoney
05-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Are you saying per day or in total?

That price is supposed to be for the whole 6 days. lol some guy on here told me that was what he payed one dude for his whole week stay. ... so i was basing my prices on what he told me. EC told me that is a bit on the cheap side so now i don't know. That seemed like a fair price since the person would be showing me around for only an hour or two.

longbeach gave me a suggestion that i think might be my solution. I did not plan on going to passions or cmp my whole trip since the girl i was looking forward to grudge fucking (ryatt style) got fired. But i think i will go there the first night and take out one of the girls out and have them show me around. I think the likelihood of them scamming me would be less but if any of them tried that shit i would take her back pronto and get my refund.

I don't mind hanging with older dudes i just didn't think any of them would be around when i was traveling. only a few guys said they were going to be there in the roll call post and i think all of them are newbies like me.

i appreciate everyones help so far and i will try to get a report up after i come back to show my appreciation.

on a sidenote anyone know how to change the countdown? my dates on there are wrong. i don't leave until next week

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 11:10 AM
That price is supposed to be for the whole 6 days. lol some guy on here told me that was what he payed one dude for his whole week stay. ... so i was basing my prices on what he told me. EC told me that is a bit on the cheap side so now i don't know. That seemed like a fair price since the person would be showing me around for only an hour or two.

on a sidenote anyone know how to change the countdown? my dates on there are wrong. i don't leave until next week

$40 for 6 days will end badly.

weyland
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
But i think i will go there the first night and take out one of the girls out and have them show me around. I think the likelihood of them scamming me would be less but if any of them tried that shit i would take her back pronto and get my refund.
You are a very confused man. You want to pay a puta at Passions inflated prices to act as your town guide?

Let me try one more time. Unless you are 8 years old or a retard you do not need a paid guide. Everything in Sosúa is within walking distance and you will find plenty of mongers at the above mentioned places to point you to anywhere you want to go, probably even accompany you there if you asked politely and buy them a drink. Most of us like to show newbies around, partly because we are nice guys, but probably also because it boosts our ego to know more than someone else. This last must be why Robert is so helpful to visitors (and he really is), because he has self-esteem problems and needs his ego boosting more than most of us. :)

Any local who does anything for you will have their own agenda. If it is just a simple tip (propina) you will get off light.

If you get a puta to show you around you will minimise your chances of meeting other chicas and she will only show you places, and introduce you to people, where she thinks she can benefit. If you get some piece-of-shit male to show you around you will minimise your chances of meeting half-decent chicas because they avoid these scum like the plague. You will only get to meet putas on the same gutter level as the guy and even they will increase their prices because Sr Piece-of-Shit will want his 50% afterwards, on top of anything he has bummed off you.

Simple tip, if anyone approaches you saying "Hello, my friend!" start walking purposefully in the other direction.

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
You are a very confused man. You want to pay a puta at Passions inflated prices to act as your town guide?

Let me try one more time. Unless you are 8 years old or a retard you do not need a paid guide. Everything in Sosúa is within walking distance and you will find plenty of mongers at the above mentioned places to point you to anywhere you want to go, probably even accompany you there if you asked politely and buy them a drink. Most of us like to show newbies around, partly because we are nice guys, but probably also because it boosts our ego to know more than someone else. This last must be why Robert is so helpful to visitors (and he really is), because he has self-esteem problems and needs his ego boosting more than most of us. :)

Any local who does anything for you will have their own agenda. If it is just a simple tip (propina) you will get off light.

If you get a puta to show you around you will minimise your chances of meeting other chicas and she will only show you places, and introduce you to people, where she thinks she can benefit. If you get some piece-of-shit male to show you around you will minimise your chances of meeting half-decent chicas because they avoid these scum like the plague. You will only get to meet putas on the same gutter level as the guy and even they will increase their prices because Sr Piece-of-Shit will want his 50% afterwards, on top of anything he has bummed off you.

Simple tip, if anyone approaches you saying "Hello, my friend!" start walking purposefully in the other direction.

He needs to check into BlackBeards and stay there.

eastcoastallstar
05-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Quick crash course on Sosua.

ErikS has a thread called take a walk thru Soua read it not much has changed in the 3 yrs since he put it up.

Pedro Clisante is the only strip there. One side is the Cuba Libre bar and the other is the beach.

Trust no dominicans!

Pick any bar yu feel comfortable in a take a seat, I personally like chillin on the beach during the day, Cubre libre in the afternoons and Rhumba, Merengue and Classicos at night.

I don't fuck with many ex-pats except for Hoseman and Corrado.
Robert 326986d21 seems pretty popular recently.

40. Dollars for the week only works when you are paying by the hour.
Anyone that tells you PAY ME WHAT YOU WANT wants you to pay the going rate or higher. They just don't want to seem like every other money grubbing Dominican, but they are just the same.

Salida-ing a Passions chick will cost you double your guide fee + food+drinks.

Sosua is very easy to navigate. But if you run into Ramon, he's cool to chill with in the bars, buy him drinks and throw him a few bucks. He'll. Bring you bitches all night. He introduced me personally to 30 girls ONE night. I didn't need him, but it was cool meeting the different chicks.

You can't drop my name to him because he doesn't know my name, he just calls me Boss.

eastcoastallstar
05-10-2011, 01:07 PM
There is one guy there, he young in his 20,s medium brown skin with missing teeth. STAY AWAY from him, he's a loser and a thief. He's always trying help someone then vics them as soon as the opportunity opens up.

TONYTNT40
05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
i like rolling solo. i am just looking for someone to show me around for maybe an hour or two each day (or until i get the hang of things). mostly need them to show me the less hardcore girls and maybe get me lower prices with them. nothing too special. don't really want them to hang with me all day long just for when i want to go hunting.

i can do stuff on my own but its just sort of backup plan for me and i think it would be cool to have someone to roll with my first night there so i can learn how things work there first hand.

anyone else got any other recommendations and what price is fair for what i am looking for?

If thats what you want, you are doing the exact opposite of what you should be doing to attain it. The hustlers will only know the hard core and you will increase your price because you are paying a commission. You dont need a tour guide, Sosua is only one street, and you will meet many like minded guys. Start at New Garden and have a drink at the bar, and go from there. The less you know Spanish the better, the chicas cant hustle you, because you cant understand them. Ficky, ficky is all you need to know. Leave the DR hustlers alone, they are nothing but trouble and they are looking to get into your pockets. Read both of Weylands posts, he was spot on.
My 1st mongering trip i was traveling solo, and I didnt speak the language. I used to sit at this restaurant alone, and I met this local, he used to sit with me and chat. Normally, I would have dismissed him, but I grew tired of hearing Portuguese and wanted to hear English. This guy always wanted me to come back to his apt, so he could get me girls. Two reasons , I had a problem with that, one the guy only had two teeth in his mouth, and two I wasnt stupid. Whenever the girls would show up, and I would walk over to the beach with them the guy would disappear.
I didnt take me long to figure out, he wanted to get me in his neighborhood, so him and his friends could rob me and gut me like a fish. I am glad I wasnt looking for any tour guides. Try not to be a statistic, and whatever you do, do not go to anyones apt, stick to your turf, (your hotel).

BigLongBeach
05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Sosua could use official tourism guide representatives. In santo domingo, and boca chica there are people certified for tourism. In the zona colonial i see them all the time. I talked to a guide one day to show me some of the hotels around the area and he showed me a ton of aparta-hotels, and hostels that you cant find on the internet or would even know are there. (in Boca chica they basically just gave hustlers a license to hustle so they arent a great example.)

there is a market for this type of industry, and all dominicans are not scumbags. i agree most of the street people you will meet are just that street people. but that applies to any country, and any city/town.

DMoney is just a little nervous and wants to be prepared for his 1st trip. I recommended a chica whether it be passions, CMP, or hotel chicas. Why not have a hot chic show you around then you fuck her afterwards.

If you are upfront about what you want, tell her you want to fuck her, show you the disco, and a good place to eat but your also looking for other chicas to fuck; everything will be clear.

im pretty sure all his plans will go out the window the second he gets to his hotel, takes a shower, has his 1st presidente and sees the 1st chica he is going to fuck. All the guide BS will be out the door.

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Sosua could use official tourism guide representatives. In santo domingo, and boca chica there are people certified for tourism. In the zona colonial i see them all the time. I talked to a guide one day to show me some of the hotels around the area and he showed me a ton of aparta-hotels, and hostels that you cant find on the internet or would even know are there. (in Boca chica they basically just gave hustlers a license to hustle so they arent a great example.)

The Capital is 100 times the size of Sosua.

weyland
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Anyone that tells you PAY ME WHAT YOU WANT wants you to pay the going rate or higher.
Another excellent point which I forgot to make.

BigLongBeach
05-10-2011, 02:47 PM
The Capital is 100 times the size of Sosua.

These guys are in the zona colonial which isnt that much bigger than sosua. But i understand your point. The resources a tourism program are bigger in Santo domingo than in sosua

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
These guys are in the zona colonial which isnt that much bigger than sosua. But i understand your point. The resources a tourism program are bigger in Santo domingo than in sosua

But they come from hotels all over the city to that one area. You need these guys.

weyland
05-10-2011, 02:57 PM
... all dominicans are not scumbags.
Of course not. There are many honest and generous Dominicans. But we are specifically talking about unemployed males in Sosúa. If you invite one of those to get their hooks into you, your odds are not good.

There are, in my opinion, only two groups of visitors who should hang with those guys.

1) Mongers who come from some horrendous ghetto or project, have spent most of their lives on the criminal fringe and may be petty criminals themselves. They may actually feel uncomfortable being with decent people and seek out their own kind once they arrive in the DR. I am sure no ISOC members fall into this category.

2) Guys with low self-esteem. May have some crap job or homelife in their own country and for a few days want to live the fantasy of the rich First World high-roller. They get off on impressing what they consider to be the inferior "natives" of the DR by flashing the cash. They are in the same general category as the idiots who "make it rain" in the discos or who try to impress by buying Grey Goose or Hennessey for putas who actually can't tell the difference between Red Bull and a glass of piss.

Regretably we have had a few in this category on ISOC and may still have for all I know. Of course your "guides" will flatter these guys, laugh at their antics, and tell them they are the greatest thing to hit the country since Columbus. But behind their backs decent Dominicans are disgusted by them while the lowlife are laughing at them and waiting for the right moment to stick the knife in (not literally, although I wouldn't necessarily rule out that possibility).

If you think you fall into one of those categories, go ahead and hire a gaggle of guides. But I am still waiting for an answer to my question. What could a local guide do for you that you cannot do for yourself cheaper and more safely?

mirage6
05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Read my trip report you will see what i paid but here is a good guy to use

He is dominican and speaks good english

Miguel Hernandez 809-304-5105 all i ask is you say your friend BIG MIKE from NY recommended you to him so he takes care of me when i go down there.

Thanks hope this helps everyone out.

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Read my trip report you will see what i paid but here is a good guy to use

He is dominican and speaks good english

Where did he learn, New York?

eastcoastallstar
05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Forget the guides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck em all, make mistakes and learn from them.

eastcoastallstar
05-10-2011, 03:28 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?134831-09-2008-Finding-Your-Way-Around-Sosua./page4&highlight=erikS

and once you get into town, send a message to the board and maybe meet up with other members.

Kennilingus
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with both Weyland and Eastcoast ... only one thing I would like to add.

Familiarity breeds contempt!

If you are hell-bent on using the services of these "guides" after reading the excellent advise above, do not let your guide, (regular taxi driver, puta, or even an expat you meet in Sosua) know too much about you ... once they feel comfortable that they "know" you, and they see you as an equal, or (god forbid) less than ... the games and/or rip off will begin ... guaranteed!

Do not try to be "One of the boys" with a Dominican! Think it's a fluke that the Guide EC spoke of called him boss, and has no idea what his name is? NOT!

Was EC ever Ramon's equal, or lesser? Even for a moment? You can bet he wasn't!

I've seen guys sit down over a beer with a total stranger (Dominican and ExPats) and give them everything but their pin number for their bank card ... don't be that guy ... instant MARK! ... IMHO if you let strangers without scruples think you are equal or (heaven forbid) inferior ... the GAME IS ON, and if you already let it get this far ... you gonna lose!

weyland
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
... mostly need them to show me the less hardcore girls and maybe get me lower prices with them.
Just noticed this bit. It's hilarious! Just what planet are you from again?

Firstly, the less hardcore girls avoid these hustlers like the plague. Why would they want to share their income or possibly get beaten up and lose all their takings?

Secondly, anything these guys arrange is always going to be more expensive than you could arrange with the same chica, store, or whatever, because they want their cut too. After all, they have to live (although I am not sure why, exactly).

weyland
05-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Rykers of course.

Dominicans who speak good English have no need to bum a few pesos as guides unless:

--- They have criminal records or a drug habit which stop them getting proper jobs, or

--- They are planning to rip you off in some really worthwhile scam. Popular ones are framing you with actual or alleged under-age girls and framing you with drug possession. These are two of the few offences that the authorities are actually pro-active about here. And they don't have to prove you guilty. You have to prove you are innocent. Almost impossible, so you will be glad to pay US$10,000 or US$15,000 to get out of jail.

dmoney
05-10-2011, 03:50 PM
damn i love this site i got so many replies in only few hours.

i appreciate everyones advice.

i will post on the roll call when i arrive to see who is in town. i will also read the weyland's posts that someone recommended.

I only asked because from experiences of travelling you can find some gems whether it be girls or restaurants if you venture out of the more touristy places. i was just curious to know if sosua was the same way.

thanks for all your advice guys i am sure it will someone else down the road.

Jimmydr
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
damn i love this site i got so many replies in only few hours.

i appreciate everyones advice.

i will post on the roll call when i arrive to see who is in town. i will also read the weyland's posts that someone recommended.

I only asked because from experiences of travelling you can find some gems whether it be girls or restaurants if you venture out of the more touristy places. i was just curious to know if sosua was the same way.

thanks for all your advice guys i am sure it will someone else down the road.

One of many "Must Reads"

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?134831-09-2008-Finding-Your-Way-Around-Sosua.

mirage6
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM

lol no he actually is an ex military guy and showed me his id and seems to know everyone - everywhere we went people knew him.

hopefully it will help someone out - he is good to use for pick up at airports also

Maretti
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM

So, are you trying to save a few pesos with the hookers by paying a middle man? :confused:
Dmoney, you don't need a guide in Sosua (personally, I don't need one anywhere), once you get there, you'll see how small that place really is.

Forget about the English speaking deportees, talk to other mongers and you'll fair better. Don't worry, just go and have fun!

Maretti
05-10-2011, 04:20 PM

longbeach gave me a suggestion that i think might be my solution. I did not plan on going to passions or cmp my whole trip since the girl i was looking forward to grudge fucking (ryatt style) got fired. But i think i will go there the first night and take out one of the girls out and have them show me around. I think the likelihood of them scamming me would be less but if any of them tried that shit i would take her back pronto and get my refund.

I don't mind hanging with older dudes i just didn't think any of them would be around when i was traveling. only a few guys said they were going to be there in the roll call post and i think all of them are newbies like me.

i appreciate everyones help so far and i will try to get a report up after i come back to show my appreciation.

That's pretty funny! You'll see plenty of those around! :lol:

hugrad95a
05-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Wait Robert 718212347917 speaks perfect Spanish. Damn, where the hell have I been.

But seriously you don't need a guide, if you have any social skills go to New Garden, hangout by the pool, introduce yourself to a few dudes. Read up on the trip reports on this board. Its like a true map on what to do and what not to do. Print out Erik S's map of Sosua its spot on. Brush up on your Spanish. Learn a few words.

Hugrad95a's Art of Negotiating the Deal. Thank me later...

Senorita, Mami, Que lo Que, Como tu ta linda
Translation: Miss, what's up, How are you lovely.(in Dominican)

Oye, mami, Yo pienso que tu eres muy bonita.
Hey Mami, I think you are very pretty.

Quiere ir conmigo a mi hotel? Si.?
Do you want to go with me to my hotel? Yes.

Yo pago solo un mil quientos pesos por dos horas y dos mil por toda la noche y no mas.
I pay only 1500 pesos for two hours and 2000 pesos for all night, and no more.

Tu entiende, no quiero una problema mas tarde. Sì, acuerde, Vamos mi, amor.

Do you understand, I don't want a problem later. Yes, you agree, lets go my love.

Damn, I miss the DR....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hugrad95a
05-10-2011, 05:02 PM
If thats what you want, you are doing the exact opposite of what you should be doing to attain it. The hustlers will only know the hard core and you will increase your price because you are paying a commission. You dont need a tour guide, Sosua is only one street, and you will meet many like minded guys. Start at New Garden and have a drink at the bar, and go from there. The less you know Spanish the better, the chicas cant hustle you, because you cant understand them. Ficky, ficky is all you need to know. Leave the DR hustlers alone, they are nothing but trouble and they are looking to get into your pockets. Read both of Weylands posts, he was spot on.
My 1st mongering trip i was traveling solo, and I didnt speak the language. I used to sit at this restaurant alone, and I met this local, he used to sit with me and chat. Normally, I would have dismissed him, but I grew tired of hearing Portuguese and wanted to hear English. This guy always wanted me to come back to his apt, so he could get me girls. Two reasons , I had a problem with that, one the guy only had two teeth in his mouth, and two I wasnt stupid. Whenever the girls would show up, and I would walk over to the beach with them the guy would disappear.
I didnt take me long to figure out, he wanted to get me in his neighborhood, so him and his friends could rob me and gut me like a fish. I am glad I wasnt looking for any tour guides. Try not to be a statistic, and whatever you do, do not go to anyones apt, stick to your turf, (your hotel).

I think he should learn, as much spanish a possible, One so he can listen out for the okey doke and you do get more respect as a smart gringo if you can speak the language and can brush off the bullshiters which sometimes can be a job in its self.

Good advice though, definitely dont go trying to the "local thing if you don't speak the language"

dmoney
05-10-2011, 05:26 PM
thanks hugrad

yeah i am doing the rosetta stone now. i am going to put the pimsleur on my zune today

weyland
05-10-2011, 05:29 PM
OK, now you are talking sense. Sosúa is indeed exactly like that. The further you get away from it the more the quality/price ratio improves but the convenience also drops off. But don't venture into the "less touristy places" with some street hustler you just met. Very risky. Arrange to share a taxi with 2/3 other guys or share with a monger who has his own car. Visit Montellano, Puerto Plata, Sabaneta de Yasica, Gaspar Hernandez and other nearby towns and you might find a gem. Even if you don't you will see a bit of the real DR.

hugrad95a
05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
thanks hugrad

yeah i am doing the rosetta stone now. i am going to put the pimsleur on my zune today

If your trip is next week. Rosetta Stone isnt really gonna help. Start with a few greetings then go into the negotiation I posted earlier.

FYI, DR slang for pussy is toto.

Hola: Hello.

Como esta:how are you.

Como se llama: What is your name.

Me llamo es D' money :My name is D money.

De donde eres?: Where are you from.

Soy de Estados Unidos. Yo vivo Chicago: I am from the US. I live in Chicago.

Vamos: Lets go

Adios: Goodbye.

Master this first then you can graduate to step two. Shit talking with the chicas.
Now this might not be grammatically correct right but, its worked for me.

Mami, yo quiero comer la chocha toto la noche. Mi pinga esta muy fuerte por la toto.

I want to eat the the pussy all night. My dick is hard for the pussy.

big tee
05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
when r u leaving d money?...me and 2 wingmen r leaving this fri to san dom....for the weekend...then sousa all next week...staying at n.g....so,if u or anybody is there?...come thru

JD426
05-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Tour guide ?!? :rofl:
Weyland , once again thanks for telling it like it is...Hopefully some will listen.
Why is this stuff so difficult for new guys to get their heads around ?
If hes a Dominican Male in Sosua, speaks perfect english, and has no visible job, guess what you are the JOB. Eventually he's going to fuck you over. These guys are Criminals who were THROWN OUT(deported). They did not go to a "tour guide school" :rofl:
And as weyland said, if he gets his stink on you, you will not be able to wash it off so fast. For several trips you will be marked as a sucker. If you even come back, which btw he does not care about, he doesnt work for the board of tourism.

Would you invite this kind of guy into your house and show him where your valuables are ? if NOT, then why would you invite him into your Vacation so he can ask you all kinds of personal questions, all designed to see how soft you are, how much money he can extract from you, or maybe even how he can possibly set you up for a big Score.
If you enjoy overpaying and having hardcore drama chicas fuck with you, then I guess this is the way to go.

I can't even believe someone would deliberately seek out these hustlers.

Kennilingus
05-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Why is this stuff so difficult for new guys to get their heads around ?

We were all new to the game at one time!

It's pretty easy for those of us who have reaped the benefits of being active in ISOC for years, as well as the Tutelage of our mentors on the ground to forget that there was a day that we (I) didn't know jack shit.

I think back to my first few trips, even after my extensive research on ISOC, and the extensive tutelage of Dominican Billy , I still managed to make my share of mistakes (I still do).

Today... after 10 trips to the DR, I still manage to make mistakes and/or create learning opportunities, and learn from them (hopefully).

IMHO ... We (including me) forget this all too often ... and when we do ... How many newbies do we scare off of asking the same questions that we once had to ask?

This thread is in the newbie section ... exactly where this question should be asked, and the feedback has been excellent for the OP ...

Giving back to those who follow us is a great way to Thank those who helped/taught us along the way!

JD426
05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Kenni,
I agree with you completely... Everyone was new at one time, absol no shame in asking questions, and we should be willing to give back by answering them, no matter how repetitive it seems.
but....... I was merely echoing Weylands comments , and perhaps recalling some of MY frustrations, because even IN person on the ground in Sosua I had a very difficult time convincing Newbies that these Hustlers are NOT to be used, played with or recruited in any way for ANY services, no matter how helpful they seem to be.
I was repeatedly told by newbies, "oh, hes ok, you just have to know WHEN to use him". ....I am still shaking my head..
Play with Criminals (and thats what these guys are, make no mistake), and you will get burned sooner or later. It does make one feel like a broken record.

Xerxez
05-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Lurker here replying to this thread.
This is some great information. Especially from Weyland. I went to DR for the first time a few months ago. Had a great time but was also suckered by my Dominican "friend". My DR great buddy chose to nickel and dime me to death after buttering me up for a few days. Be polite and cordial but don't be a sucker. Let people know upfront that you are not to be fucked with.

He was really nice to me, but always gave aggressive stairs to my "girlfriend" . She hated his fucken guts and stupid ole me wasn't paying attention. I was gettin laid with hot girl and drinkin my ass off.

I wish I had known about this board before I went. I would have had even more fun than I did before.

I'm comin back this summer and hope to meet some of the experts for a drank.

weyland
05-11-2011, 12:10 AM
We were all new to the game at one time! It's pretty easy for those of us who have reaped the benefits of being active in ISOC for years, as well as the Tutelage of our mentors on the ground to forget that there was a day that we (I) didn't know jack shit.

I think back to my first few trips, even after my extensive research on ISOC, and the extensive tutelage of Dominican Billy , I still managed to make my share of mistakes ...

I have been very arrogant and all-knowing in this thread so it's only fair that I own up to having made exactly the same mistake in my second trip to the DR, when I stayed at the late lamented Field of Dreams, managed by the afore-mentioned Dominican Billy. I allowed a Puerto Plata tiguere and his buddy to latch on to me. No great harm was done. I bought a few rounds of drinks I might otherwise have avoided and probably paid double for a rather nice chica they found me. One day they agreed to drive me to Sosúa. We got as far as La Unión and the car's engine literally fell out onto the road. I know nothing about cars or mechanics but I wouldn't have thought that possible. I jumped on a motoconcho and continued without them. For the rest of my trip and most of my following visit (which lasted 11 weeks) these guys were blowing up my phone asking me to contribute towards a new car as it wouldn't have happened had they not been doing me a favor driving me to Sosúa (at normal private taxis rates, of course). I was a bit nervous of bumping into them again in case it turned ugly, but it never did.

Earlier I had proudly taken my new tiguere friends into Field of Dreams. I thought I was Jack the Lad mixing with the streetwise guys. Kennilingus and others who know Billy can imagine what Billy's reaction was. He tore me a new ass. I thought he was being totally unreasonable and unhospitable to my guests but later I realized just how right he was. Inviting tigueres like that into a secure area like Field of Dreams is like introducing a new virus into a hospital.

Actually I think those guys were fairly harmless. Latching onto gringos was not their main source of income like the ones in Sosúa, they had a few small-time legit operations like a beach cafe and fishing trips. But you never really know. Had I left an opening they wouldn't have hesitated to rip me off.

BorisDaBulletDodger
05-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Blackbeards is a great set of training wheels for the DR, I finally graduated to general population and am exploring SDQ and Sosua, but usually stay one night at blackbeards because the emails give me an erection, and a personal check list.

However that being said, I always rent a car and head up to Sosua, if u don't plan on renting a car, it will probably be a hassle or pain in the ass if you don't meet somebody staying there with a car.

I also think it would be a mistake, if you don't at least have a beer, soda, or a bottle water in Passions. I'm not saying you have to get a girl there, but you really need to at least check it out. I didn't get a girl at CMP last time, but had a few beers there last time. I love Mcdonalds, but every once in a while gotta go to Wendys, meaning Passions and CMP. I plan on going to both, with more emphasis on the Passions part on m next trip.

I plan on going there at least once a day around 9-10pm where the rates are cheapest for overnight. There is very good lighting, and all the girls are a like Kosher certified, (meaning looks and not ripping you off, not to say that it hasn't happened)

I hate to go way off topic, but it is one of my great stories about Sosua to share with veterans and newbies, and friends and I think it is appropriate.

Robert mentioned to us about 300 peso BJ's around Sosua. After further discussion we learned about the massage places. Although I had a bad experience there, I am still planning on going back there, now armed with better information and different strategy.

Walking around Sosua, you will often get asked by girls in front of stores or alleys about massages, I usually just walked right by them and said No Thank you.

Anyway, me and my friend basically said we at least gotta try this. So the instructions were simple, We were at the NG, and he told us to make an right, at the front door, walk straight until a girl asks you for a massage, about 30 yards.

If I recall correctly, this is in more detail if you search "Suck Houses" for this place and the competition around Sosua.

Anyway, we both made a commitment to get any 2 girls there no matter what. We arrive and a young dark girl asked us if we wanted to get a massage. She was nothing what we imagined, and was way above our expectations, not my cup of tea, but more then acceptable. Very cute girl, we were expecting something like a Female captain Jack Sparrow, who spoke spanish and had no teeth and was 45-50 years old.

Anyway, flipped a coin and my buddy won, and he went in. I walked back towards NG to the pharmacy, bought some stuff, and walked back, about 5-6 minutes, and another girl was sitting outside asked me for a massage. Again, more then acceptable, and very cute girl. I go in and on the advice of Robert, he said to get the half hour and not the whole hour. Anyway I walking into a small room, and basically it is like the doctors office, with a bench you can lie down on , with a pillow, and recliner. It had curtains around for some ghetto privacy, and fans. I personally am not a massage guy, so I just dropped my shorts and got up on the bench. I shouted for my friend, and sure enough he was on the other side of the room.

She put some kind of lotion on my penis, and began with a hand job. After about 5 minutes, I quickly realized for 300 pesos, its only a hand job, I asked how much would it be for BJ, I don't remember how much it was, but I think she told me 600 or 700 pesos for the half hour, and I gave her the green light. She washed my penis off of the lotion, and proceeded to give me amazing head.

I want to get into more detail about the lotion she used. It was in a gallon, and, I guess it was some kind of heating, rubbing massage oil. On my penis, it felt like a mixture or Vegetable oil, Bleach, Drano, and a splash of Anti freeze for some color. I did not like this stuff, and will specifically ask them not to use it next time.

Anyway, there was some traces of generic Viagra, and Mambo 36 in my system and it was a tough for me to bust a nut, which wasn't my problem, it was her problem. This girl could go for many minutes without air, and was performing very well. After about 10-12 minutes, she is jerking me off by hand, and I am enjoying the situation like any man would, and have my eyes closed. Well she decided to put more of the liquid molten lava and my cock, and was going on. At this point, I really lost all interest, and told her I didn't like the oil, and to please wash it off since it was melting my penis.

I paid her the 600 pesos, and I think I gave her 100 peso tip for the effort. It wasn't a great this time, but good enough to go back, and to ask them not to use the oil, I am considering bringing my own lube next time. This is based on the assumption that there are cute girls working there again.

I hope you guys enjoyed the story, and agree with most of the people on the thread and don't think you need a guide. There are some great people I met at Blackbeards, NG and in Sosua in general, (Speaking of mongerers) who will be willing to tag along with you, or you can tag along with them. In fact I am meeting 2 guys from previous trips who I met for the first time, at blackbeards down there, We keep in touch by text and email, and this is our 3rd trip.

I've learned something new every trip down there, and made mistakes on every trip, but its all been good. You just need some common sense, money, penis and a good attitude and you will have the time of your life. I myself tend to over prepare for trips, but often found myself finding it unecessary a the end of the trip, Good luck and have fun.

dmoney
05-11-2011, 08:28 PM
i am not a big fan of BB's . that was the first place i came across before i found this site. i am not really a big fan of the "point and click" deal.

interesting story lol too bad they used that lotion on you. it seemed like the girls showed good effort.

i also agree i tend to over prepare whenever i travel as well. I think once i get there most of the stuff i planned will go out the window :lol:

eastcoastallstar
05-11-2011, 08:33 PM
i am not a big fan of BB's . that was the first place i came across before i found this site. i am not really a big fan of the "point and click" deal.

interesting story lol too bad they used that lotion on you. it seemed like the girls showed good effort.

i also agree i tend to over prepare whenever i travel as well. I think once i get there most of the stuff i planned will go out the window :lol:

I've heard this term a million times when it comes to BB's-It's true.

But do you think Sosua is any different?? I think Sosua is just as much Point and Click as BB's.

Another thing that cracks me up is, when guys say they don't like point and click, yet spend all their time in Passion's. The ultimate Point and Click spot in all of the DR.

mho
05-12-2011, 06:14 AM
For Sosua, this board is the only guide you need.
Good luck, have fun!

BorisDaBulletDodger
05-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I've heard this term a million times when it comes to BB's-It's true.

But do you think Sosua is any different?? I think Sosua is just as much Point and Click as BB's.

Another thing that cracks me up is, when guys say they don't like point and click, yet spend all their time in Passion's. The ultimate Point and Click spot in all of the DR.

I agree, I think of BB's more as a one stop shop, kinda like a super Walmart where you can get everything you need for a monger in one place. There is a restaurant, bar, pool, beach and grocery, pharmacy near by. I guess thats why they call it a Resort.

I understand both arguements of the pros and cons of BB's, me personally after several visits, only want 1-2 nights per trip, and I try to stay there on a bikini contest weekend. The rest of the time somewhere else, right now its sosua since its close by, if you have a car. Like Walmart, if you shop there a lot, you tend to see the same items over and over again, and want something different, like Target.

Personally the #1 reason I go to places like Sosua is Point and click and having the discussions of deciding who is touching my penis. At least in the US, places like Passions are not common, and when I am in a place like that, the quality and service is no where near Passions in addition to the price.

All I am saying from the original post, I think it would be a mistake not to go to Passions at least once, if you don't like it, thats fine, but I just think you should go.

I feel like I'm trying to convince a friend to try Sushi.

Jimmydr
05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
lol no he actually is an ex military guy and showed me his id and seems to know everyone - everywhere we went people knew him.

hopefully it will help someone out - he is good to use for pick up at airports also

Never heard of a successful Domincan Tout in Sosua.

ModerFoker
08-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Excellent guides i think!

joe12300
01-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Well this Feb will be my first time there but I think I going to passions first then to bb's to at least check it out

ROVER
01-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Most of us like to show newbies around, partly because we are nice guys, but probably also because it boosts our ego to know more than someone else. This last must be why Robert is so helpful to visitors (and he really is), because he has self-esteem problems and needs his ego boosting more than most of us. :)

I hate to see such hostility between family. Did you ever consider both yourself and Robert going together and speaking to somebody about your differences ?? It may help :rofl:

Seville
01-21-2012, 10:46 AM
. Most of us like to show newbies around, partly because we are nice guys, but probably also because it boosts our ego to know more than someone else. This last must be why Robert is so helpful to visitors (and he really is), because he has self-esteem problems and needs his ego boosting more than most of us. :)

I wouldn't have self-esteem issues if you had any type of parenting skills Pop. It was your responsibility to instill confidence in your offspring and by your own account you failed. Now my little brother is going to suffer the same fate at your hands. He will never be the president of Haiti. He will grow up to be a lazy slacker just like me......all thanks to you.