PDA

View Full Version : Public transport from airport POP to Sosua?

pups333
05-19-2011, 02:37 AM
1.How much cost taxi from airport POP to Sosua?
2.There is bus from airport POP to Sosua or any other budget option?

kitie carson
05-19-2011, 03:40 AM

Taxi. $20-$25......

eastcoastallstar
05-19-2011, 05:27 AM

The cheap mofo way is to go to the main highway outside the airport and squeeze into a publico with 5 people and your luggage.

That should cost about $5

gdogg
05-19-2011, 07:28 AM
The cheap mofo way is to go to the main highway outside the airport and squeeze into a publico with 5 people and your luggage.

If you just have a carry on, you can schlep it to the main highway and catch a motoconcho. Jimmy can tell you how cheap that it. :lol:

Just catch a taxi at the airport and spend the $20. If you meet up with other guys at the airport going to the same area, you can split it.

Jimmydr
05-19-2011, 09:10 AM

It use to cost a dollar. Saving $48 per trip, call me CHEAP!

weyland
05-21-2011, 12:55 PM
The cheap mofo way is to go to the main highway outside the airport and squeeze into a publico with 5 people and your luggage. That should cost about $5
1) Might not be 5 other people. Could be empty. Luck of the draw. If it looks too crowded wait for the next one. They are very frequent in the daytime (say every second minute on average) or pay for two seats. Cost to Sosúa 30 pesos (60 for two seats).

2) You could catch a motoconcho to the main road. Find one in the upper level car-park (furthest from the terminal buildings) as they are not allowed nearer. I would take the motoconcho as far as La Unión so you are not standing in the middle of nowhere on the main road waiting for the next publico or guagua. Cost for motoconcho 25 pesos. Cost to Sosúa on publico or guagua 30 pesos. Don't take the motoconcho all the way to Sosúa. Too expensive and dangerous.

3) No squeeze for your luggage. Driver will put that in the trunk. Not sure if there is a charge for that but I always tip 20 pesos.

4) Total charge from US$1 to US$3 depending on which of the above options you take.

You won't want to do the above if
1) It is pissing down rain
2) It is dark or getting dark
3) You have heavy luggage
4) You arrive tired and/or sweating
5) You are carrying all your holiday money in cash

steviewonder
05-21-2011, 02:44 PM
It use to cost a dollar. Saving $48 per trip, call me CHEAP!

3,016 cold Presidente at La Rumba. Cheap, hell no!:wink:

eldorob
05-21-2011, 08:15 PM
My rental car always picks me up. And if I meet someone on the plane I give them a ride to town and have them pay the drivers tip. That saves me $5 :rofl: