PDA

View Full Version : Newbi....Arriving POP on AA@2:05 pm Wed the 1st of June. Heading to Sosua

Dan the Man
05-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Be my 1st trip to Sosua. Heard alot about it from the forums, so hope I'm not too late. Heard the lights are about to come on!

Anyone planning to arrive then and share a taxi to Sosua?

Anyway, anyone suggest a hotel for the first night? Being military retired, I am not too fussy after living in tents for most of my career. Staying till Sunday.

DAN

TNT72
05-27-2011, 08:01 PM
You might want to check with Rick at Rockies for your first night's hotel. Even if he doesn't have a room, there's a lot of knowledgeable guys around there.

Ryatt lands on the 1st, but I don't know what time. I'll be down on the 4th.

papirazzi
05-27-2011, 08:20 PM
You might want to check with Rick at Rockies for your first night's hotel. Even if he doesn't have a room, there's a lot of knowledgeable guys around there.

Ryatt lands on the 1st, but I don't know what time. I'll be down on the 4th.

I'll b on the beach already!!!

TNT72
05-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I'll b on the beach already!!!

Dick!!!!

papirazzi
05-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Dick!!!!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: :dontknow: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

papirazzi
05-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Be my 1st trip to Sosua. Heard alot about it from the forums, so hope I'm not too late. Heard the lights are about to come on!

Anyone planning to arrive then and share a taxi to Sosua?

Anyway, anyone suggest a hotel for the first night? Being military retired, I am not too fussy after living in tents for most of my career. Staying till Sunday.

DAN

Dan like TNT hit up Rick at Rocky's, If he doesn't have rooms, he's partners with the condo's across the street..and if not there is NG, Terra Linda's..Seabreeze. It's supposedly slow season so you will find something.

Seville
05-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Any price considerations? Or are you from New York?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

kitie carson
05-27-2011, 10:59 PM

Pretty funny from what Ive been reading :mrgreen:

I will see you on the 3rd...Looks like alot of BM will be around....

TNT72
05-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Pretty funny from what Ive been reading :mrgreen:

I will see you on the 3rd...Looks like alot of BM will be around....

Well, I do shit a lot when I'm down there. But since I don't know you KC, I think it is inappropriate for you to be talking about my Bowel Movements!!!:toilet:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

kitie carson
05-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Well, I do shit a lot when I'm down there. But since I don't know you KC, I think it is inappropriate for you to be talking about my Bowel Movements!!!:toilet:

LOL..TNT...We'll meet soon enough, and please keep the BM to yourself, As Much as I drink down there, my shit schedule is "blown" to pieces!!:confused:

Seville
05-27-2011, 11:39 PM

He shits a lot down here......just not in the ocean.:biggrin:

TNT72
05-27-2011, 11:49 PM

You gotta draw the line somewhere!!!!

papirazzi
05-28-2011, 12:32 AM

:2up::2up::2up::2up::2up:

weyland
05-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Anyone who can help Dan the Man out on his first day will be doing me a personal favor because I:
1) encouraged him to join ISOC (where's my fuckin' commission, Jimmy?)
2) endorsed his idea of arriving in Sosua without a hotel booking. Since doing that I have felt a bit uneasy because I know shit about the Sosua scene these days but other comments have reassured me that it is not a kamikaze plan.
Thanks

Dan the Man
05-28-2011, 12:37 PM

No, not from NY. Space coast Florida. Retired military. Looking for something about middle of the road...not luxury, but not the slums either. Anything on the beach or near it will do.

Jimmydr
05-28-2011, 01:05 PM
No, not from NY. Space coast Florida. Retired military. Looking for something about middle of the road...not luxury, but not the slums either. Anything on the beach or near it will do.

I guess you did no research at all and are winging it.:rofl::rofl:

deezl
05-28-2011, 01:22 PM
You gotta draw the line somewhere!!!!

As I recall from your report, you were perfectly willing to shit in the ocean - it was your ass that decided against it.

When your ass is conducting itself with more dignity than you are, I'd start to worry.

:rofl:

weyland
05-28-2011, 02:06 PM
I guess you did no research at all and are winging it.:rofl::rofl:
He is a hardy ex-military guy, used to improvising, and has mongered in other Latin countries. He gave himself a week to read up up here and he has read up on another whore board for months. Sosua isn't rocket science.

What more does he need? Well, Roberto , I guess. Everyone needs a little Roberto in their lives in Sosua and, as you pointed out in another thread, most of them seem to be finding it.

Jimmydr
05-28-2011, 02:08 PM
He is a hardy ex-military guy, used to improvising, and has mongered in other Latin countries. He gave himself a week to read up up here and he has read up on another whore board for months. Sosua isn't rocket science.

What more does he need? Well, Roberto , I guess. Everyone needs a little Roberto in their lives in Sosua and, as you pointed out in another thread, most of them seem to be finding it.

When I see people looking for Hotels on the beach in Sosua, I wonder.

Seville
05-28-2011, 03:08 PM

It's like dog shit. You really can't avoid stepping in it.

Dan the Man
05-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the Intel!
I'll just have the taxi drop me off at The New Garden for starters. Then Terra Linda or Rocky's. Checked their websites and all looks good! Plus I'll spend the next few days after work reading up on the forums before I leave. Have to work 12 hr days everyday till D day. Did note to be prepared going thru customs and immigrations as they ask for tips! (WTF!?) Maybe I'll just wear my Spec Ops shirt! (LOL)
Dan

Mr. Smooth
05-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Dan, welcome to the board. One place you might consider is the Hotel Voramar. It gets very little play on here as it is too far away for most. I have stayed there twice and I liked it a lot. It is a 2-3 minute moto ride to the action, has a beautiful pool and a large bar where chicas come in the late afternoon and hang out.

Mostly clientele is German or Dutch but they are good people. $45 a night but low season might be cheaper. Rooms are quite big and have air conditioning, a nice amenity for this time of year.

Good luck and have fun.

And thank you for your service.

Dan the Man
06-07-2011, 01:21 PM
No longer a newbi!

Such a disappointment to be back to the grind of working everyday and dreaming of going back to Sosua. And of course planning my next trip back! My thanks go out to all you guys who helped this newbi have a great time in Sosua, especially Weyland who put me on the right track with all the hookups I needed (especially Roberto and joining ISOC!) and AlwaysHorny who I met on the plane from Miami for letting me tag along with his buds in the taxi from POP to Sosua. And what can't I say about Roberto! What a wingman!! I busted my ass to meet him at the Black Box before 5 pm since my plane was an hour and a half late getting in. But finally made it. Roberto showed me around and made me feel right at home.

All the advice I got was right on! Although it was hard, really hard, not to session at Passions, I found my gems at the MPs for half the price, thanks to Sammy for taking me around on his moto. One thing I noticed right off the bat, was the chicas in Sosua are much better to deal with and their personalities are so much nicer than San Jose. And the beach was really a deal breaker over CR. Hung out most of the time at the Black Box at the beach during the day snorkeling and getting all the intel from everybody. You guys sure know the ropes!
Followed Roberto's advice and stayed at the Don Antonio's for the 1st 3 nights, then splurged the last night at Terra Linda. Both have their advantages, but you get what you pay for.

And the advice I got was right-on about POP...Customs took my umbrella, that made it through 3 trips to CR!

Looking so fwd to planning my next trip back!
Thanks again to Weyland, Roberto, TNT, Ryatt, Dave, Todd, and all the others for making this my best mongering trip to date! Also thanks to the guys from the Casa Manana for showing me around the condo and hooking me up with Mike the owner. Got all the intel needed for making Sosua a place to retire. But further trips are definitely in the plans!

Passport Playa
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
And the advice I got was right-on about POP...Customs took my umbrella, that made it through 3 trips to CR!

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain why customs might "jack" a person for their umbrella?

Bangkok

JD426
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain why customs might "jack" a person for their umbrella?

Bangkok

No umbrellas allowed in Carry on's. Where you been ?
they usually let you transfer it into the checked luggage at time of check in, if you get there on time, if no checked luggage, or if you are runnung late and the luggage is already gone, on the conveyor, your umbrella is toast.

Passport Playa
06-07-2011, 02:22 PM
No umbrellas allowed in Carry on's. Where you been ?
they usually let you transfer it into the checked luggage at time of check in, if you get there on time, if no checked luggage, or if you are runnung late and the luggage is already gone, on the conveyor, your umbrella is toast.

Based upon having read that the information he had received about POP was "on-point", I interpreted that as meaning he had made it from point A to point B. If I that is correct, he would have his checked luggage upon exiting customs at POP.

Mr. Smooth
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Glad you had a great trip! The place is something else for the 1st timer. So what did you find out regarding living there for retirement? I also am thinking about that eventually, for a part of the year anyway.

Maybe Robert will have a new neighbor in the hood.

jacknback
06-07-2011, 07:34 PM

I heard hes been practicing at home in the bathtub!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jimmydr
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
No longer a newbi!

Such a disappointment to be back to the grind of working everyday and dreaming of going back to Sosua. And of course planning my next trip back! My thanks go out to all you guys who helped this newbi have a great time in Sosua, especially Weyland who put me on the right track with all the hookups I needed (especially Roberto and joining ISOC!) and AlwaysHorny who I met on the plane from Miami for letting me tag along with his buds in the taxi from POP to Sosua. And what can't I say about Roberto! What a wingman!! I busted my ass to meet him at the Black Box before 5 pm since my plane was an hour and a half late getting in. But finally made it. Roberto showed me around and made me feel right at home.

All the advice I got was right on! Although it was hard, really hard, not to session at Passions, I found my gems at the MPs for half the price, thanks to Sammy for taking me around on his moto. One thing I noticed right off the bat, was the chicas in Sosua are much better to deal with and their personalities are so much nicer than San Jose. And the beach was really a deal breaker over CR. Hung out most of the time at the Black Box at the beach during the day snorkeling and getting all the intel from everybody. You guys sure know the ropes!
Followed Roberto's advice and stayed at the Don Antonio's for the 1st 3 nights, then splurged the last night at Terra Linda. Both have their advantages, but you get what you pay for.

Looking so fwd to planning my next trip back!
Thanks again to Weyland, Roberto, TNT, Ryatt, Dave, Todd, and all the others for making this my best mongering trip to date! Also thanks to the guys from the Casa Manana for showing me around the condo and hooking me up with Mike the owner. Got all the intel needed for making Sosua a place to retire. But further trips are definitely in the plans!

Is there a report in here, someplace?:wink: