PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

passasabe
06-10-2011, 11:21 AM
First of allow me to apologize for not following the rules. I am new to the site and have only visited Sosua once. I am a Soldier in the U.S. Army (don't hold it against me).

I took my first trip to Sosua in October of 2009. My firned talked me into it, saying that it would be is fourth time going. He was born in Hati and grew up in Miami. He told me that it would be the best trip of my life and I admitted (especially after a few shots in Club 59) that he was right. I have lived in a few different countries (Korea, Germany, Italy) and visited a few more (Spain, Mexico, P.R., Switerland, France, Luxembourg and Vatican City). By far my experiences in Sousa, left a mark on me. I intend to take my R and R leave (currently in Afghanistan) in Sept of 2011. I dont mind so much going by myself this time, because I have found this site (well worth it), and enjoy reading the posts. I will post a trip report (belated as it is) and some of the few pictures I was sober enough to take. I only had one bad experience there, which was quickly resolved. Thanks Again

CD Life.

PS. might need a wingman, I am planning on staying at NG this time.

Jimmydr
06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I will post a trip report (belated as it is) and some of the few pictures I was sober enough to take.

We love trip reports no matter how old they are.:biggrin:

Jimmydr
06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
First of allow me to apologize for not following the rules. I am new to the site and have only visited Sosua once. I am a Soldier in the U.S. Army (don't hold it against me).

100's are members here. I bet some guys in your unit may have heard of ISOC

gdogg
06-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Welcome to I.S.O.C.! There are many active soldiers and vets here (me included). You should have no problem feeling at home.
:iconTU:

Oh, and touching on your earlier posts, if a chica tries to give you a CBJ on your next trip...kindly kick them out of your room. Usually they'll straighten up and fly right vs. leaving. But if they don't, you're better off!
:wink:

Jonew1
06-10-2011, 01:38 PM

I took my first trip to Sosua in October of 2009. My firned talked me into it, saying that it would be is fourth time going. He was born in Hati and grew up in Miami. He told me that it would be the best trip of my life and I admitted (especially after a few shots in Club 59) that he was right. I have lived in a few different countries (Korea, Germany, Italy) and visited a few more (Spain, Mexico, P.R., Switerland, France, Luxembourg and Vatican City). By far my experiences in Sousa, left a mark on me. I intend to take my R and R leave (currently in Afghanistan) in Sept of 2011. I dont mind so much going by myself this time, because I have found this site (well worth it), and enjoy reading the posts. I will post a trip report (belated as it is) and some of the few pictures I was sober enough to take. I only had one bad experience there, which was quickly resolved. Thanks Again

CD Life.

PS. might need a wingman, I am planning on staying at NG this time.

Hey brother Thanks for your sacrifice in serving this country. I am sure no one holds it against You, and if They do the some thing is DEF. wrong with Them. I am a vet myself and I just wanted to say welcome and congradulations for being part of the greatest Army in the world. HOOAH !

passasabe
06-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Next question:

Travelling alone, is it better to do a villa or the NG. I want to have a great time, but for me I love comfort and companionship?

"This trip is happening whether they like it or Not"

TC
06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
We love trip reports no matter how old they are.:biggrin:

That's true. Check out some of Weyland's trip reports on ancient Greece. He banged Helen of Troy doggystyle.

passasabe
06-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey brother Thanks for your sacrifice in serving this country. I am sure no one holds it against You, and if They do the some thing is DEF. wrong with Them. I am a vet myself and I just wanted to say welcome and congradulations for being part of the greatest Army in the world. HOOAH !

I say Hooah.

gdogg
06-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Next question:

Travelling alone, is it better to do a villa or the NG. I want to have a great time, but for me I love comfort and companionship?

"This trip is happening whether they like it or Not"

Why do a villa by yourself? If your heart's set on a villa, find out who's going when you're going...you may find some folks to go in with you. Otherwise go the Terra Linda route, or New Garden, if you want to have a wilder time.

passasabe
06-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Yea I guess you're right I might just go ahead an go to the NG. Plus the Villas I was looking at seem like family oreinted. Not the scene im looking for. Thanks for the advice

gdogg
06-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Yea I guess you're right I might just go ahead an go to the NG. Plus the Villas I was looking at seem like family oreinted. Not the scene im looking for. Thanks for the advice

What villas were you looking at? Most "look" family oriented, but the ones you hear about here that are hosting the wild parties may be in the same complex.

Anyway yeah, don't do a villa solo.

TNT72
06-18-2011, 07:28 PM
If you go in September, I know there's an invasion shaping up around the middle of the month to the end of the month. People are working on their dates now.

passasabe
06-26-2011, 03:23 AM
yea thats the problem my R N R is from about 1 SEP to 15 SEP so i will be there about 2 SEP to 12 or 13 SEP.

passasabe
06-26-2011, 03:25 AM
What villas were you looking at? Most "look" family oriented, but the ones you hear about here that are hosting the wild parties may be in the same complex.

Anyway yeah, don't do a villa solo.

I mean it not the price, its the atmosphere that I lookin for, I read the trip reports and see the NG is the spot. But I really have to blow off some steam and " ballin out for a night seems the way to go". May be I'll rent one for two nights.

TNT72
06-26-2011, 11:02 AM
yea thats the problem my R N R is from about 1 SEP to 15 SEP so i will be there about 2 SEP to 12 or 13 SEP.

Our dates were moved. My wingmen and I are going to be there Sept 9-16th. It's a partying group for sure! If your going to be there, send me a pm before we head down and I'll get you my DR phone #.

PapiQueRico
06-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Welcome to ISOC and thank you for putting it on the line for all of us. I hope your future trips to the DR will have shorter flights after you finish your tour safe and sound!

el toro
06-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Our dates were moved. My wingmen and I are going to be there Sept 9-16th. It's a partying group for sure! If your going to be there, send me a pm before we head down and I'll get you my DR phone #.

That's cool so I might see you guys again.

CD there will def be some cool cats to wing up with there in Sep. Not sure my exact dates yet. Just stay at Tl NG Rockys or Dpiero and you'll do fine bro. Peace

gdogg
06-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I mean it not the price, its the atmosphere that I lookin for, I read the trip reports and see the NG is the spot. But I really have to blow off some steam and " ballin out for a night seems the way to go". May be I'll rent one for two nights.

I'm sure it's not about the price. My point is you're going solo and you may not know the area well. You're more than likely gonna need a car. I'd hate for you to get stuck in a large villa twiddling your thumbs while watching tv all by yourself. If it were me and I had my heart set on it, I'd get it for AFTER you get there, became more acclimated, and made some friends. PARTY TIME!!!

papirazzi
06-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm sure it's not about the price. My point is you're going solo and you may not know the area well. You're more than likely gonna need a car. I'd hate for you to get stuck in a large villa twiddling your thumbs while watching tv all by yourself. If it were me and I had my heart set on it, I'd get it for AFTER you get there, became more acclimated, and made some friends. PARTY TIME!!!

What he said cdlife, If you want a more serene atmosphere, while being in the thick of it, then the Terra Linda IS that place. Real Sexy if you ask me, and it's right in the middle of the action. The pool is sick and the rooms, are nice. Best of all they serve Ceviche, and they offer ROOM SERVICE!!! lmao..go figure!!