PDA

View Full Version : New Disco?

Beads
11-16-2006, 11:59 AM
From sosuanews.com

"14 November 2006
17 November: grand opening of Latino's Club
History repeats itself: at least that's what they are saying in the Life Bar. They have now made a very nice disco behind the Life Bar, which has been named Latino disco. This disco looks very good, and the new Latino Club has been fitted out in excellent style. They've included a good dance floor, surrounded by a slightly higher area with plenty of seats, plus a beautiful long bar with lots of comfortable bar stools.

Alex, proud of the opening of the new discoEverything looks sub-tropical, with fantasy-like wall paintings and nice mirrors. The DJ sits high above the dance floor, and therefore has a good view of how his music is appreciated by the general public. We hope that the DJ doesn't do the same as in 'd Classico - just play disco beat numbers - but includes a mixture of Latin American music such as bachata, merengue and salsa, perhaps with some reggaeton thrown in for good measure. Hallo disco owners! If we want to hear disco-beat all the time then we could just as well stay in Berlin, New York or Amsterdam! We don't want to fly for nine hours just to hear even more disco beat!
So, the manager of the Life Bar, our popular Alex, has promised that they'll play a varied assortment of music. We look forward to attending the official opening on Friday 17 November. "

Should be interesting to see how this place does.

BCell
11-16-2006, 12:11 PM
it will feed off classicos and do fine if drinks are priced fair

Magnum
11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Closed in less than a year.

BCell
11-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Closed in less than a year.

why do you think?

Magnum
11-16-2006, 12:39 PM
why do you think?

All of the new ones close down that soon...we could make a list of those who have come and gone.....Marco would be a great source to put a list like that together.....now the High Caribbean is opening again as well someday.........

The town is not big enough to support 3,4 or 5 different places.

BCell
11-16-2006, 01:14 PM
The town is not big enough to support 3,4 or 5 different places.

I agree. but it has the location. and if they did this smart, their nut is not much higher (might be the same if they were already paying for the wasted space).

Beads
11-16-2006, 01:24 PM
key will definitely be getting tourists inside.if the tourists are there the chicas will follow and itll be a cycle.if they are smart (highly doubtful though) they could offer slightly lower prices on drinks and maybe some type of a happy hour from 9-11pm with 1/2 price items or something and that could sway the crowd. The people will all be walking right by the place on the way to classicos all they have to do is convince them to stop there instead.

Jimbo44
11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I was always beginning my night there, and watching as the other part was being built. They could hire some prettier barmaids tho! I also visited Seacrets down the road from NY Shark Bar, and the girls behind the bar were hot. They also have an air conditioned club towards the back which was real nice inside, plush couches, dimly lit etc.,but for some reason never was crowded?? Could not understand that at all?

Kevy
11-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Isn't this one part of sosua life, the old pool area in the back.

Jimbo44
11-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Wouldn't know as this was my 1st time in Sosua..... and certainly not my last.

Beads
11-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Isn't this one part of sosua life, the old pool area in the back.

I hope its a little larger than the pool area I remember seeing. I heard it was in the back of the bar so maybe the pool area will only be an entranceway or something. I guess ill find out soon enough. Im sure Jimmy and the guys will have all the up to date info.

Aren
11-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I think the survival of a club/disco depends on three things, location, prices and the music/DJ. I think they got a good location, they can price it correctly if they want it to. But can they find a good DJ, the right music with the right volume ?! If so they can compete with Classico (I thing Sosua needs a bit of competition).

I remember Club X had the first two but the music, don't mention it... !!! (mainly techno for 15-year olds).

BCell
11-16-2006, 07:40 PM
I think the survival of a club/disco depends on three things, location, prices and the music/DJ. I think they got a good location, they can price it correctly if they want it to. But can they find a good DJ, the right music with the right volume ?! If so they can compete with Classico (I thing Sosua needs a bit of competition).

I remember Club X had the first two but the music, don't mention it... !!! (mainly techno for 15-year olds).

don't forget good Management

Hemp
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
don't forget good Management

which i guess the powers that be at classicos seem to have masterd!!!

BrooklynBeas
11-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Beas will take one for the team and check this place out tomorrow night and report back to u guys... 11 hours till take off!!! :)

jd_mine
11-17-2006, 06:08 AM
I think the survival of a club/disco depends on three things, location, prices and the music/DJ

I don't think any club can make money as long as they have to close at 1am!

BCell
11-17-2006, 03:24 PM
I don't think any club can make money as long as they have to close at 1am!

It's 2 on the weekends...time changes like the "DR Shutdown" usually result in people coming out earlier.