PDA

View Full Version : Hotel safes?

msg996
05-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Hey kids, I'm brand new on here and will be coming to POP/ Sosua in a month or so. I am wondering which, if not all, of the poular hotels that have been discussed here have in-room safes?

Also wondering if there is a place where I might be able to rent a motorbike to tour the island for a few days? By motorbike I mean a real bike (over 250cc). Do they have a helmet law in DR?

By the way... Great website, I stumbled onto it by accident and am glad I did! :grin:

Pana
05-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Many of the hotels have a safe to keep your valuables locked up.

Don Tomas
05-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey kids, I'm brand new on here and will be coming to POP/ Sosua in a month or so. I am wondering which, if not all, of the poular hotels that have been discussed here have in-room safes?

Also wondering if there is a place where I might be able to rent a motorbike to tour the island for a few days? By motorbike I mean a real bike (over 250cc). Do they have a helmet law in DR?

By the way... Great website, I stumbled onto it by accident and am glad I did! :grin:

As mentioned before, many hotles have in room safes.

Rent a bike? Got a death wish, sure go ahead I don't care and neither does anyone else if it's a big bike or a moto. Either way you are the lowest on the food chain and can be swatted off the road by anyone! If you dare you can rent Fatboys in Cabarette. Yes they have a helmet law in the DR, you just have to have it with you, not wearing it and it can be any kind of helmet, even a bicycle helmet or hard hat.

PS. Welcome to the site!

msg996
05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Cool! Thanks guys
I'm not worried about riding there at all, I have riden in many countries where the traffic sucked and always had a blast.

Anyone have a link to a website for the palace hotel?

Don Tomas
05-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Cool! Thanks guys
I'm not worried about riding there at all, I have riden in many countries where the traffic sucked and always had a blast.

Anyone have a link to a website for the palace hotel?

http://www.sosuapalace.com

I am going to paraphrase a piece of advice from DR1:
It don't matter where you have ridden or how good you are. A large SUV will hit you off the road with their bull bar if you are in their way! I am not joking.

msg996
05-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Mucho gracias Don Tomas!