PDA

View Full Version : BBs vs. Sosua

uptownspc
11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
My well traveled mongers,
You are all quite knowledgeable regarding the pleasures of the DR so I come to you with my rookie question. Everyone has so many opinions about both locations but I would like to know your genuine opinion comparing the two.
Keep in mind certain factors:
-FIRST TIME IN THE DR. BEEN TO RIO AND HAD A BLAST.
-BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION WITH 2 BUDDIES (I'LL BE 30)
-I PREFER FAIR SKINNED/BROWN SKIN WOMEN NOT TOO DARK
-LESS THAN AVERGAGE SPANISH SKILLS (MY FRIEND DOES SPEAK WELL)
-ARRIVING LATE FEBRUARY
-CURRENT RESERVATIONS (2/22-3/1) AT BBs JACUZZI SUITE AND PENTHOUSE
-HEAR GOOD THINGS ABOUT CLASSICO AND WOULD LIKE TO GO
-HEAR GOOD THINGS ABOUT LA PASSION AND FRANKS PLACE
-ARE THESE MONGERING LOCATIONS DOABLE FROM BBs WITHOUT BREAKING THE TRAVEL BY TAXI BANK?
-ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOOKING UP WITH A LOCAL GUIDE TO ASSIST IN GET AROUND, CLUB NEGOTIATIONS, TRANSLATION SERVICES. I'M SURE SOME CON ARTIST WOULD GLADLY TAKE MY MONEY SO I WOULD PREFER SOMEONE WITH SOME HISTORY. PLUS I DONT PAY UP FRONT. THEIR LOSS.

THANKS FOR ANY THOUGHTS YOU CAN PROVIDE
uptownspc

blacksultan
11-21-2006, 05:06 PM
My well traveled mongers,
You are all quite knowledgeable regarding the pleasures of the DR so I come to you with my rookie question. Everyone has so many opinions about both locations but I would like to know your genuine opinion comparing the two.
Keep in mind certain factors:
-FIRST TIME IN THE DR. BEEN TO RIO AND HAD A BLAST.
-BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION WITH 2 BUDDIES (I'LL BE 30)
-I PREFER FAIR SKINNED/BROWN SKIN WOMEN NOT TOO DARK
-LESS THAN AVERGAGE SPANISH SKILLS (MY FRIEND DOES SPEAK WELL)
-ARRIVING LATE FEBRUARY
-CURRENT RESERVATIONS (2/22-3/1) AT BBs JACUZZI SUITE AND PENTHOUSE
-HEAR GOOD THINGS ABOUT CLASSICO AND WOULD LIKE TO GO
-HEAR GOOD THINGS ABOUT LA PASSION AND FRANKS PLACE
-ARE THESE MONGERING LOCATIONS DOABLE FROM BBs WITHOUT BREAKING THE TRAVEL BY TAXI BANK?
-ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOOKING UP WITH A LOCAL GUIDE TO ASSIST IN GET AROUND, CLUB NEGOTIATIONS, TRANSLATION SERVICES. I'M SURE SOME CON ARTIST WOULD GLADLY TAKE MY MONEY SO I WOULD PREFER SOMEONE WITH SOME HISTORY. PLUS I DONT PAY UP FRONT. THEIR LOSS.

THANKS FOR ANY THOUGHTS YOU CAN PROVIDE
uptownspc

Well, I am very partial to Barba Negra having been there 4 times. I will be there when you are there in February (18th thru the 25th). I like the chilled out relaxed atmosphere even though many mongers think it is too slow and far from the action of Sosua. The chicas at bb's are cool ranging from 6s to 9s (a few 10s are there) from thick to flaca. The price of st is about 1300 pesos and lt (all night long) is about 2500 pesos. The complexions vary but many are morenas with a couple pretty redbones floating around. Sosua is a great place for the hunt and I will be spending one full day and night there on my february trip--stopping by classicos is a must since there will be mucho chocha floating around the muthafucka. Just make sure that you dont pick the first chica that comes up to you and dont give the first money figure that comes out of her mouth; get the price down. You dont need a guide down there; experienced mongers can give you the 411 on things here and when you get down there.

the_Jayman
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
i gotta find my old post on this age-old debate . . brb ! !

the_Jayman
11-21-2006, 09:42 PM
DAMN THAT SEARCH BUTTON WORKS GOOD ! !

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170&highlight=apples+oranges

THANKS DT ! !

not a completely on-topic thread but still very informative (and old)

Cuba Libre
11-21-2006, 10:14 PM
DAMN THAT SEARCH BUTTON WORKS GOOD ! !As long as you don't misspell, and need to search again, in which case you need to wait 60 seconds.

Hint! Hint! Jimmy can you get rid of that restriction.

Cuba Libre
11-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Well, I am very partial to Barba Negra having been there 4 times. I will be there when you are there in February (18th thru the 25th). I like the chilled out relaxed atmosphere even though many mongers think it is too slow and far from the action of Sosua. The chicas at bb's are cool ranging from 6s to 9s (a few 10s are there) from thick to flaca. The price of st is about 1300 pesos and lt (all night long) is about 2500 pesos. The complexions vary but many are morenas with a couple pretty redbones floating around. Sosua is a great place for the hunt and I will be spending one full day and night there on my february trip--stopping by classicos is a must since there will be mucho chocha floating around the muthafucka. Just make sure that you dont pick the first chica that comes up to you and dont give the first money figure that comes out of her mouth; get the price down. You dont need a guide down there; experienced mongers can give you the 411 on things here and when you get down there.Great advice and a good concise summary of BB's.

ilikenyacional
11-21-2006, 10:16 PM
From what you say, forget BlackBeards. Go directly to Sosua.

Sosua is very easy, even for a newbie. Just use common sense and you'll not have any problems.

Staying at BB, you will spend 100's of $ just for taxi because you will always want to be in Sosua. Plenty of different places to go out, eat, nice beach, all kind of girls, etc.

Forget about the local guide, no use for that there. Sosua is basically a one street town so, easy to see all the places and girls.

Spend some time reading here and have a fun and safe trip !