PDA

View Full Version : Damajagua Falls

eldorob
11-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I am going to make a trip to Damajagua Falls (if thats the one near Sosua) sometime between Dec 5 and Dec 7th. I think it's about a 45 minute ride. Anybody else interested in going and splitting a taxi? Will probably be taking a chica.

eldorob
11-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Here is some info on it, looks like fun...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/53248-damajagua-falls.html?highlight=damajagua

If some chicas go, we could maybe have an impromptu WET T-SHIRT CONTEST :eek:

Jimmydr
11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
The taxi was $75 roundtrip.

continentalmike
11-22-2006, 07:00 PM
rent a car.. drive through Peurto Plata, then towards Santiago.. you will pass a place called Imbert and right after Imbert there are cane-fields.. directly after the second bridge out of Imbert, look for a big Brugal sign on your left, turn into the fields and look around for the river.. drive down towards the river (which you've just crossed on the bridge, so it should be on your left side when driving into the can fields) until you find the guides

It's about halfway between Navarette and Peurto Plata..

psriches
11-22-2006, 09:23 PM
How much did you pay the guides and what exactly do they do?

Apos
11-22-2006, 10:30 PM
How much did you pay the guides and what exactly do they do?referring to the dr1 post
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/53248-damajagua-falls.html?highlight=damajagua
it's 200 pesos per person plus 70 for the safety equipment i.e. helmet and life vest.

may not be as safe as people think:confused:

RearWindow
11-22-2006, 10:55 PM
The taxi was $75 roundtrip.Yipes! Is it worth that kinda plata? I'm confused. Is this a scenic thing, or a whitewater river thing?

Jimmydr
11-23-2006, 07:06 AM
How much did you pay the guides and what exactly do they do?

Walk us there, climb the mountain and insult us. We gave 2 guides 300 pesos.

Jimmydr
11-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Yipes! Is it worth that kinda plata? I'm confused. Is this a scenic thing, or a whitewater river thing?

Its scenic.

vak
11-23-2006, 07:27 AM
It's nice. You hike up to the top and then jump into pools and slides all the way down the river.

Jimmydr
11-23-2006, 07:29 AM
It's nice. You hike up to the top and then jump into pools and slides all the way down the river.

And if you are lucky, you slip off and crack your skull.

weyland
11-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Hi Eldorob

I posted some pictures in my trip report here:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=220683&postcount=42

Mine was a spur of the moment visit at another guy's request. We only went as far as level 7 out of the 28. To go further required equipment and a guide and anyway it was getting towards evening. My conclusion was that the best and most economical way to visit would be on the tour truck that leaves from Playa Dorada, unless you are unlucky and get stuck with a bunch of complete assholes. On the other hand you could be lucky and find yourself on a truck full of Brits :).

You need to walk through water so warn the chicas not to wear their Classicos gear.

continentalmike
11-25-2006, 03:18 PM
If you wanna go cheap Charlie style.. take a gua-gua to Imbert (on the road to Santiago from PoP, just ask them to stop in Imbert.

There you can take a moto to the beginning of the tour...

We went all the way up till the end (I lost count but it could be 28 falls) where there is a spring and a cool mountain pool..

It's a scenic hike but you gotta be in some shape as some parts require climbing a little on a rope

kiddfrost
11-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey thanks eldorob for asking the question. Now I have something to do besides having sex and drinking... waterfall sounds nice

Beads
11-25-2006, 04:00 PM
I actually enjoy using public transportation if you have the time. It makes for an interesting trip travelling on gua guas and buses rather than renting a taxi. You get to mingle with the locals and if you can speak some decent spanish you can meet some nice people!

psriches
11-26-2006, 12:19 PM
I actually enjoy using public transportation if you have the time. It makes for an interesting trip travelling on gua guas and buses rather than renting a taxi. You get to mingle with the locals and if you can speak some decent spanish you can meet some nice people!I love the buses as well, it's just the elbows in my ribs i could do without!

psriches
11-26-2006, 12:21 PM
you gotta be in some shape as some parts require climbing a little on a ropeHey WSJ, guess you're not going!!

Malo
11-26-2006, 12:23 PM
I was not going up there and they do not use rope there.

eldorob
11-27-2006, 06:46 AM
Hey thanks eldorob for asking the question. Now I have something to do besides having sex and drinking... waterfall sounds nice

roger that...there is a also a Horse-back ride tour somewhere outside of Sosua... haven't done it but I'll post the link when I get a chance...and maybe report back on it if I get to it on my next trip

eldorob
11-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi Eldorob

I posted some pictures in my trip report here:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=220683&postcount=42
You need to walk through water so warn the chicas not to wear their Classicos gear.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that post...

weyland
11-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Returning to the DR1 thread you quoted, it seems we are making too light of this. There have been numerous injuries and even some fatalities so, even though I usually prefer to do my own thing on public transport, I would repeat my recommendation to go on the safari truck from Playa Dorada on both cost and safety grounds,

Incidentally, can anyone point me to pictures of, or taken from, the higher levels? Is the track enclosed in forest all the way up, or does it open out so you get more distant views?

continentalmike
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
basically it is still a forest trail that runs through the mountain going up.. there are swimming parts and there are climbing parts..

if you wanna see, go and do the trail.. enjoy the excercise and wear a helmet, a vest and a pair of really old sneakers (which you get to throw away after)..

kiddfrost
11-27-2006, 03:29 PM
roger that...there is a also a Horse-back ride tour somewhere outside of Sosua... haven't done it but I'll post the link when I get a chance...and maybe report back on it if I get to it on my next trip

Hey you went to far... Horses??? I don't do horses. The only horses I see is at the track or a cop is on one. But post it for everyone else. They may enjoy something like that.