PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I dident know they drove this fast in sosua !

Jonew1
07-14-2011, 10:56 AM
http://youtu.be/80rzqufmOPU

JD426
07-14-2011, 11:37 AM
It doesnt take much for this to happen, and not necessariy excess speed.
Wet road, motoconcho does something stupid. Truck locks it up trying not to run over the motoconcho, Truck jack knifes. Thats all it takes. That looks like a GAS truck, as in liquid Propane. Here in the usa, that road wouild have been shut down completely, and maybe even town evacuated til it was clear, but the tank could have been emptied already, but I doubt that.
Obviously in the DR, there is less perception of any danger .:rolleyes:

whynotme
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Wet road, motoconcho does something stupid. Truck locks it up trying not to run over the motoconcho, Truck jack knifes. Thats all it takes. That looks like a GAS truck, as in liquid Propane. Here in the usa, that road wouild have been shut down completely, and maybe even town evacuated til it was clear, but the tank could have been emptied already, but I doubt that.

actually an empty tank is more dangerous than a full one

but the dr is what it is

Jonew1
07-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Judging from the damage done to that Big Rig I would say that was quiet a bit of speed though.

whynotme
07-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Judging from the damage done to that Big Rig I would say that was quiet a bit of speed though.
damage?
the rig is barely scraped up:rofl:

sure it has front end damage but thats all fibreglass that a good kick will bust it up.

damage is above the wheels and the wheels are still upright so it could have been going 10mph or 60mph but definately not fast fast

but after looking at the next post by iriemon70 i see it has heavy roof damage so it musta clipped a tree or a pole after leaving the pavement as well. in canada they would have shut down the highway in both directions and we would have had massive traffic jams. maybe the dr does do somethings better:rofl::rofl::rofl:

just my 2 cents:mrgreen:

Irie
07-14-2011, 12:32 PM
This happened the day I arrived June 26. Guy driving me to my place told me he was just going too fast. If I remember, it was a propane truck. Power was all screwed up in parts of Sosua for several hours. i took a walk down there later and there were power wires everywhere. Interesting watching them work compared to NA.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21457&d=1310242663

mrblackluv
07-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I was in town for this..
I was in Caprinia when it happend..at like 5AM.

There was a loud crack/boom kinda sound and you could hear all the generators kick in.
Power was out for more than a few hours. Some parts didnt get power restored for almost 2 days.

MrHappy
07-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah... that clown took out like 6-7 power poles. I don't think he'll be driving another rig any time soon.

DMV
07-16-2011, 01:05 PM
This happened the day I arrived June 26. Guy driving me to my place told me he was just going too fast. If I remember, it was a propane truck. Power was all screwed up in parts of Sosua for several hours. i took a walk down there later and there were power wires everywhere. Interesting watching them work compared to NA.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21457&d=1310242663)

WOW!!!! That's the day I arrived on Metro from Santo Domingo. I saw the accident from the bus window.

Jonew1
07-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I would have been pissed ! thats one less area I could have combed for tha toto ! hahahahah:wink:..... excuse me. I have some bible study to tend to.