PDA

View Full Version : Any reports on new latino club ?

Gutter Meat
11-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Has anyone been to the new Latino club yet ??? Let's hear some reports !!!

Gutter Meat
12-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Back from a 5 day stint in Sosua. Lots of rain. Checked out the new Latino Club in the back of the Sosua Life bar. The place is done very nice. When I was there, they added some type of wood platform just after you enter the club. You have to step up and I can see alot of people beaking their noses since it's very dark and hard to see. Place was pretty crowded all 4 nights I was there although it's smaller than Clasico. Prices for Presidente's beer 90 pesos inside the club. Sosua life bar Presidente's just outside the club 70 pesos. They will let you into the club with a beer, doesn't matter where it came from.

"Music" was the the same basic mix of meregue, salsa, reggae,
reggae-tone. Not bad but they played the same songs every night over & over in the same basic order. I mean if they are gonna play the same shit, fire the DJ and get a juke box that can play the same shit over & over.

The girls seem to go back & forth from Clasico to Latino since it's such a short walk. Alex at Sosua life still anoying as hell.

The Manager or owner of the new club had a good strategy for keeping the girls at his club. He stayed outside on the sidewalk and stopped all girls leaving Latino's to head to clasico. He then gave the girls a ticket for a free drink of Cuba Libre and the girls went for it.They took the ticket and went right back into Latinos.

Hemp
12-01-2006, 11:22 PM
so the latinos owner is putting up the good fight...lol

remyman41
12-02-2006, 03:14 AM
I have to Agree with Gutter, the clubs are so close the Chicas hop from one to another, as well as us hunters. I have had several follow me from one club to another wondering why I just won't sit my ass down and choose them. Nice atmosphere, I just hate it when the workers always try to get you to sit down so they can hold you hostage for some drinks.

psriches
12-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Alex at Sosua life still anoying as hell.I think Alex will retire at Sosua Life.

psriches
12-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Wait a minute, i just realized!

Hey Gutter Meat, did you just respond to your own original question? Nice!!

Gutter Meat
12-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Wait a minute, i just realized!

Hey Gutter Meat, did you just respond to your own original question? Nice!!

Yes that's right. I wanted an update before I went.

eldorob
12-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I was there the first week of Dec. A couple of nites I just grabbed a drink, stood out front with Alex and watched him operate. He is annoying but he does have a fairly good success rate. He uses different lines on different people, probably based on their looks and what he thinks might work. Good entertainment

Kevy
12-22-2006, 11:13 AM
I was there the first week of Dec. A couple of nites I just grabbed a drink, stood out front with Alex and watched him operate. He is annoying but he does have a fairly good success rate. He uses different lines on different people, probably based on their looks and what he thinks might work. Good entertainment

that guy is insane. Success, he scares people off!

Jimmydr
12-22-2006, 11:16 AM
that guy is insane. Success, he scares people off!

He sure does.

MisterPink
12-22-2006, 12:25 PM
He does have a hot wife!

http://i16.tinypic.com/345g569.jpg

sosuaman
12-22-2006, 12:34 PM
latinos,,,
nice spot,,best thing sosua life has done,,,
gets the people in there to buy their drinks,,,
gets very crowded,, and like all have said the chicas just bounce back and forth between there and classicos,,
nice decorations and good dj,,
and of course theres alex,,, i like him,,, he's a funny guy,,,
not to be taken too seriously,,,
no matter how many times he sees you it's like its his first time,,,
and for some reason,,,acording to him,,,always,,,,,,
"your friends are inside"!

Beads
12-22-2006, 01:54 PM
yea i liked Latinos more than classicos this trip. Some new decor and surroundings and a good mixture of music. The people per sq ft ratio was the same as classicos and it seemed like everyone was bouncing back and forth during the night. I hit classicos a few nights but definitely spent more time in Latinos almost every night.It seems some of the staff from Classicos is also working at Latinos. Two of the staff guys immediately recognized me and made sure I had a table reserved every night I wanted (free of charge unlike Classicos). The places still close at 1am during the week and these places clear out quick.

remyman41
12-22-2006, 03:59 PM
yea i liked Latinos more than classicos this trip. Some new decor and surroundings and a good mixture of music. The people per sq ft ratio was the same as classicos and it seemed like everyone was bouncing back and forth during the night. I hit classicos a few nights but definitely spent more time in Latinos almost every night.It seems some of the staff from Classicos is also working at Latinos. Two of the staff guys immediately recognized me and made sure I had a table reserved every night I wanted (free of charge unlike Classicos). The places still close at 1am during the week and these places clear out quick.

Hey Beads, I had a table reserved for me every night while I was at classicos, I was unaware that there may have been a fee, would they just have added it to my bill?

Beads
12-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey Beads, I had a table reserved for me every night while I was at classicos, I was unaware that there may have been a fee, would they just have added it to my bill?

If it was what they call a VIP table then yes they add it to your bill. Depending upon how many days you are there or how much they like determines the price. I have been quote 500 pesos by guys working there who knew me upwards to people looking to make money who said 1500 pesos. 500 is more what you should expect to pay. once they get to know you you can pick your table and they put cola bottles on it to reserve it. then you can show up as late as you want and as long as you pay for the table they dont even care if you show up 10 minutes before closing.

Youll notice the cola bottle when the table has been reserved. If you dont reserve and just get their early you can snag any un reserved area you want.

remyman41
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
yes there was a bottle on the table and I always had a table on the dance floor but those a-holes never mentioned a fee my bill each night was about 3200 pesoes but I was buying remy and heinekin and was buying for chicas also

Beads
12-22-2006, 08:11 PM
they always tack on extra charges if you dont pay as you go. Always pay as you go ro they tack on commissions charges drinks etc! beware!

remyman41
12-22-2006, 08:22 PM
I really do need to adhere to paying as I go, it just seems to interfere with the flow of my fun having to always pull out money. but if it keeps me from getting screwed then so be it.

Beads
12-22-2006, 09:02 PM
do it any notice how much cheaper it is. also if there charging you for your table they wont be able to hide it in the bill. They always want you to run a tab. Always say I pay as I go because other places pad the bill so I want to see every bill!

MrHappy
12-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Just tuck some money in your shirt pocket, and pay as you go.
For what it's worth, I've never paid for a reserved table, probably because I go there so much, more than most of the rest of you guys. Plus, I ALWAYS tip the waiters, so you better believe they always remember me..
BTW, tipping means giving them 100 pesos for a beer, and telling them to keep the change. And I drink a LOT of beer..

Beads
12-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Just tuck some money in your shirt pocket, and pay as you go.
For what it's worth, I've never paid for a reserved table, probably because I go there so much, more than most of the rest of you guys. Plus, I ALWAYS tip the waiters, so you better believe they always remember me..
BTW, tipping means giving them 100 pesos for a beer, and telling them to keep the change. And I drink a LOT of beer..

I do the same. Tip them 100 pesos every so often or have them keep the 20-40 pesos change on some rounds. They treat you MUCH better than the other customers and definitely remember you.

Jimbo44
12-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I wouldnt just tuck it in my "shirt" pocket....

MisterPink
12-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Jimbo:

I can not begin to tell how much better your new AVATAR is!

mp

snoozer
12-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Last night at around 2 I noticed that the Classico was starting to empty out so went to Latino and it was still packed. Prefer the atmosphere in their more these days.

Beads
12-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Last night at around 2 I noticed that the Classico was starting to empty out so went to Latino and it was still packed. Prefer the atmosphere in their more these days.

I was there 2 weeks ago and totally agree. They didnt try to force you out at closing time like Classicos does. One night we were the last group of people to leave the place. The staff was all friendly and let us finish our drinks. They didnt even say a word to us about leaving. Eventually we noticed we were the only people in the place and saw they were almost done cleaning up so we left. When we got outside it was a ghost town already. 1 or 2 moto conches buzzing by but the streets were empty.

rley69
01-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I was there 2 weeks ago and totally agree. They didnt try to force you out at closing time like Classicos does. One night we were the last group of people to leave the place. The staff was all friendly and let us finish our drinks. They didnt even say a word to us about leaving. Eventually we noticed we were the only people in the place and saw they were almost done cleaning up so we left. When we got outside it was a ghost town already. 1 or 2 moto conches buzzing by but the streets were empty.

When I was last there in September, one chica pointed out the building work going on there to me and said "look, they are building us a beautiful new disco".

Sounds like she was right.