PDA

View Full Version : Weather in early October

Orange
07-25-2011, 07:11 PM
What will the weather be like the first week in October (in Sosua)?

I assume rain will be in the forecast, but generally when will it rain? Mornings, afternoons, nights, all of the above?

Thanks in advance.

psriches
07-25-2011, 07:36 PM
HOT HOT HOT!!!!!

You are catching the end of hurricane season. But no worries. You might get an occasional rain storm but it blows over quickly and back to HOT HOT HOT.

SeaWeed
07-25-2011, 07:37 PM

I assume rain will be in the forecast, but generally when will it rain? Mornings, afternoons, nights, all of the above?

Thanks in advance.two years ago when I was there that time of year the weather was pretty awesome.........
had some showers a couple nights around 8PM...
and only one shower during the day in 1 week of being there...
probably some of the best weather I've seen in the Caribbean that time of year.......
if I was in Jamaica we would had afternoon showers everyday......and then some...lol

Irie
07-25-2011, 07:45 PM

Thanks in advance.

Who really cares!!!! As long as the chicas hair doesn't get wet, life is good!!!!!!!!!! That is if you are there for the chicas...................

psriches
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Who really cares!!!! As long as the chicas hair doesn't get wet, life is good!!!!!!!!!! That is if you are there for the chicas...................Yeah, the weather is unpredictable in the tropics. Just plan on "hot" with a little "rain".

swiggy
07-25-2011, 08:24 PM
basically still very hot.... 90 in the daytime, high 70's at night. i don't know how much rain but that is unpredictable anyway.

Hoseman
07-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah, the weather is unpredictable in the tropics. Just plan on "hot" with a little "rain".The forecast almost every day is 20-30% chance of rain.

whynotme
07-26-2011, 06:44 PM
its slow season coupled with the end of the huricanes going thru makes it usuallly the cheapest month of the year for air fare.

so just plan on; hot with some rain and having extra pesos left over to spend:mrgreen:

ROVER
07-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I'll be there the second week so I'll let you know :corky:

The Sage
07-27-2011, 12:48 AM
I don't remember it being hot hot in October. My recollection is that the weather was warm and wonderful. The only period better for me is the end of November when it's a tad bit cooler.

Hoseman
07-27-2011, 01:10 AM
I don't remember it being hot hot in October. My recollection is that the weather was warm and wonderful. The only period better for me is the end of November when it's a tad bit cooler.I have been there two years and I am still looking for all this Rain I keep reading about.I know it hits STI. the Northcoast does not get nowhere near as much and Sosua gets less than POP.

steviewonder
07-27-2011, 03:48 PM
the Northcoast does not get nowhere near as much and Sosua gets less than POP.

Well POP has been nothing but a dumping ground for this shit the last 4 months:icontd: The upside is that I've not had to wash the car over this time:wink:

Hoseman
07-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Well POP has been nothing but a dumping ground for this shit the last 4 months:icontd: The upside is that I've not had to wash the car over this time:wink:But it was not all day.No where near as bad as Santiago in my 3 months it has not seemed bad.