PDA

View Full Version : Meeting members while in Sosua

Seville
07-27-2011, 07:33 PM
I used to stop in to tbe New Garden and Rockys almost every day. When I hit the NG Wilfried would always tell me what members were there and introduce me whenever possible. With Wilfried gone I rarely stop there anymore. Less member staying there and no one interested in making introductions ect now that Wilfried is not there. I always enjoyed meeting members for the first time and have made some lasting friendships. Now I usually only stop in at Rockys each day.

If you are in town stop in at Rockys late morning if possible. I know most hotels include breakfast, but stop in after breakfast if that is the case or on your way to the beach. Balcoach makes an appearance many days also. Let Rick know you are ISOC and I am sure he will make introductions when needed. He does that now with his guests. It is always good to meet new members and discuss the previous nights activities or whatever. Just a thought and look forward to meeting members when possible.

mikelodge
07-27-2011, 07:42 PM
I used to stop in to tbe New Garden and Rockys almost every day. When I hit the NG Wilfried would always tell me what members were there and introduce me whenever possible. With Wilfried gone I rarely stop there anymore. Less member staying there and no one interested in making introductions ect now that Wilfried is not there. I always enjoyed meeting members for the first time and have made some lasting friendships. Now I usually only stop in at Rockys each day.

If you are in town stop in at Rockys late morning if possible. I know most hotels include breakfast, but stop in after breakfast if that is the case or on your way to the beach. Balcoach makes an appearance many days also. Let Rick know you are ISOC and I am sure he will make introductions when needed. He does that now with his guests. It is always good to meet new members and discuss the previous nights activities or whatever. Just a thought and look forward to meeting members when possible.

Are you getting bored yet being retired? Be honest :wink:

Seville
07-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Are you getting bored yet being retired? Be honest :wink:

Not yet Mike:smile: But when the thought crosses my mind I think of snow and going to work everyday. Then I look at the 20 something chica walking next to me on the beach and say; "Fuck it, if this is boring then I am okay with it".:lol::lol::lol::lol:

TNT72
07-27-2011, 07:57 PM

When are you going to quit trolling for free fucking beers???

Damn!! Have you know shame???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

el toro
07-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah its great meeting expats like yourself Robert. I hate it at the same time because you get to stay and we have to go home. Even for those that love their hometown, leaving paradise always hurts a little. This post could also be placed in the newbie section.

Seville
07-27-2011, 08:00 PM

I troll for half-starved Haitianas, not beer. Hell, I don't even drink that early in the day. But you can always buy me a coke:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TNT72
07-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah its great meeting expats like yourself Robert. I hate it at the same time because you get to stay and we have to go home. Even for those that love their hometown, leaving paradise always hurts a little. This post could also be placed in the newbie section.

Yeah, they're the one's that will fall for that "buying Robert a beer stuff..........":wink:

Jonew1
07-27-2011, 08:02 PM

IF I am in Sosua and eating breakfast you can bet your ass its at Rockys... Its hard to beat those ham and cheese omletts with the toast and that damn yellow jelly/jam shit.... damn I am gonna be fucking it up in 5 days.. I hope You got a fat supply of eggs Rick !

Seville
07-27-2011, 08:05 PM

I like meeting veterans as well as newbies. I have found that some of the veteran's are just as big a train wreck when here as newbies can be. Now that's entertainment!

TNT72
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
I like meeting veterans as well as newbies. I have found that some of the veteran's are just as big a train wreck when here as newbies can be. Now that's entertainment!

Glad I don't disappoint Robert!

JuanElGriego
07-27-2011, 08:16 PM
I troll for half-starved Haitianas, not beer.

No wonder you haven't gotten a chick to agree to your "deal" ... you're barking up the wrong trees. :icontd:

Forget the "half-starved Hatianas" .... you gotta go after the totally starved ones!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seville
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
No wonder you haven't gotten a chick to agree to your "deal" ... you're barking up the wrong trees. :icontd:

Forget the "half-starved Hatianas" .... you gotta go after the totally starved ones!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But then I have to cross the boarder....Hmmmmm. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!

Seville
07-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Glad I don't disappoint Robert!

It is always good to know your place in society.:wink:

TNT72
07-27-2011, 08:41 PM
It is always good to know your place in society.:wink:

I accepted being a Fuck UP long ago!!!! Mom always told me "I don't care what you do in life, just be the best at it."

Ummmmmmm......no worries there mom!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TNT72
07-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I troll for half-starved Haitianas, not beer. Hell, I don't even drink that early in the day. But you can always buy me a coke:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As soon as I read this, a movie scene popped into my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c

deep2001
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Robert and the rest of ya-

Yeah, I stayed at the NG my first and last trip, which was this time last summer. Wilfried is awesome, he was the face of NG. Refer to my trip report "Sosua Big Booty Search and Smash.." to see how often I give him props. Through Wilfried I met sporthobbyist, jd426, LAZERS and others. :bigthumbup: Wilfried made that mother fuckin place Monger Ground Zero. :clap:

I will be in Sosua October 10th or 11th, depending on when I want to leave BB's. It looks like I'll be staying at Tiera Linda.

Not gonna stay at NG. No Wilfried. No deep2001.

I will definately stop by Rocky's late morning and introduce myself!

Thanks for the post!!

Yeah, we need a new common meeting ground, or another one!

Jefe
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
fuck these guys Robert, I'll buy you a mid-morning beer so long as you give me the scoop on where to find the last two girls that turned you down. I'll make them an offer they won't refuse.... my fridge and bed for their spread...:rofl:

See you in September.

Seville
07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
fuck these guys Robert, I'll buy you a mid-morning beer so long as you give me the scoop on where to find the last two girls that turned you down. I'll make them an offer they won't refuse.... my fridge and bed for their spread...:rofl:

See you in September.

The number of girls that have turned me down in life is infinite.:rofl::rofl: Mid-morning is coffee or Coke for me. Can't get caught up in that drinking everyday trap when you live here. That is disaster and I see it everyday. Let me know when you are in town.:wink:

TNT72
07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Chief,

When you headed back down? You know yet?

Rubicon
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM

SOB!! You know, there ain't much in my boring, mundane life that brings a smile to my face, but every so often somebody posts something that just makes me bust a gut. This is one of them posts. Thanks. :biggrin:

mikelodge
07-27-2011, 10:20 PM

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the first to say it :rofl:

But hey ordering no beverage with a meal and not tipping does help you live in a private condo with pool :p nah only kidding. Robert is know as a player at the hotdog stand. :wink: I am just jealous and wish I lived there ( only part of the 4 shitty months a year of course). Travel trumps living most places. :wink:

questner
07-27-2011, 11:33 PM
The number of girls that have turned me down in life is infinite.:rofl::rofl: Mid-morning is coffee or Coke for me. Can't get caught up in that drinking everyday trap when you live here. That is disaster and I see it everyday. Let me know when you are in town.:wink:

Late morning, mid-morning...What gringo time you talking about? :confused4:Once I was stupid enough when I tried to find a place in Sos. to have breakfast at 7 a.m.:rofl:

TNT72
07-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Late morning, mid-morning...What gringo time you talking about? :confused4:Once I was stupid enough when I tried to find a place in Sos. to have breakfast at 7 a.m.:rofl:

Caperina's. 24 hours spot.

macula
07-28-2011, 08:58 AM

Terra Linda. And the prices and portions are reasonable. Order from the "free" menu. Free for hotel guests but low-priced for paying customers. A plate of eggs, potato wedges, sausage (bacon or ham) along with slices of mango, watermelon and sometimes pineapple and a basket with 3 half slices of bread with butter and jelly and a beverage for less than 500 pesos.

mikelodge
07-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Terra Linda. And the prices and portions are reasonable. Order from the "free" menu. Free for hotel guests but low-priced for paying customers. A plate of eggs, potato wedges, sausage (bacon or ham) along with slices of mango, watermelon and sometimes pineapple and a basket with 3 half slices of bread with butter and jelly and a beverage for less than 500 pesos.

I would hope it's less than 500 :rofl: that is over $13 for Breakfast, I am sure glad I can get all of that included in my breakfast at most hotels for FREE.

Jimmydr
07-28-2011, 10:45 AM

Guys like us have no shame and never stop.

Jimmydr
07-28-2011, 10:46 AM

Weyland and Sidney have them cornered.:corky:

macula
07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I would hope it's less than 500 :rofl: that is over $13 for Breakfast, I am sure glad I can get all of that included in my breakfast at most hotels for FREE.

:think:

questner
07-29-2011, 12:32 AM
I usually have my breakfast in Britannia. Around 300 peso but they open after 8 am.
A place opposite Romanoff is always open but it's not really a lovely breakfast location.