PDA

View Full Version : 07/2011 - New Exotica Nightclub in Cabarete

WickedWillie
07-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Some friends of mine are opening up a new 'Passions' type hooker joint in Cabarete.

I chatted with the owner today and he told me that he has got 30 chicas lined up (20 from EL Bohem and Cristal in POP and 10 from '305' in SD) ready to start.

The chicas will live on-site and there will be at least 5 on-site session rooms.

The location is opposite Ocean Dream behind 'WOW' bar on the right hand side as you enter Cabarete from Sosua and the entrance is the small underpass in Plaza D'Alexander.

He is waiting for furniture to arrive from Miami and hopes to open doors in mid-August.

I'll update this when I have the name of the place and any more info.

Hoseman
07-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Some friends of mine are opening up a new 'Passions' type hooker joint in Cabarete.

I chatted with the owner today and he told me that he has got 30 chicas lined up (20 from EL Bohem and Cristal in POP and 10 from '305' in SD) ready to start.

The chicas will live on-site and there will be at least 5 on-site session rooms.

The location is opposite Ocean Dream behind 'WOW' bar on the right hand side as you enter Cabarete from Sosua and the entrance is the small underpass in Plaza D'Alexander.

He is waiting for furniture to arrive from Miami and hopes to open doors in mid-August.

I'll update this when I have the name of the place and any more info.I told them guys not to leave you out you are a wealth of Info.

Rubicon
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
I chatted with the owner today
Out of curiosity, is he a local or a foreigner?

deezl
07-28-2011, 09:15 PM
nice added draw for your condo rental ;)

yayow
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
That will certainly shake things up, should be interesting. Guys that run those places are so cut throat. All competing for the same dollar. I thought it was something the way things go on down south, but seem we got a new plaaaya in town. Time to sit back and watch.

Hoseman
07-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Who ever it is has some Juice.

jose1234
07-28-2011, 09:27 PM

Are the owners politically connected? Or some Dominican official is going to shut them down in a year and then take them over...

WickedWillie
07-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Out of curiosity, is he a local or a foreigner?

Who ever it is has some Juice.

Are the owners politically connected? Or some Dominican official is going to shut them down in a year and then take them over...

The owners are Canadian, well funded and have a penchance for tattoos and Harley Davidson motorcycles.

They have been in Cabarete for a long time and know the ropes.

I don't know anyone that fucks around with them. They give and get a lot of respect.

jose1234
07-28-2011, 09:41 PM

That's probably too negative...I wish them lots of luck and damn if they aren't within walking distance from me... Temptations in this country are off the chart...

yayow
07-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Well in that case those guys are well versed in strip clubs, and whore houses, lots of practice, like I said it should be interesting.

Hoseman
07-28-2011, 09:46 PM
The owners are Canadian, well funded and have a penchance for tattoos and Harley Davidson motorcycles.

I don't know anyone that fucks around with them. They give and get a lot of respect.You know I had already figured that out I just did not want to come out and say it.

WickedWillie
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
That's probably too negative...I wish them lots of luck and damn if they aren't within walking distance from me... Temptations in this country are off the chart...

They will be within spitting distance from me.:lol::lol::lol:

jose1234
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM

I don't know anyone that fucks around with them. They give and get a lot of respect.

We shall see...this place ain't boring. If this venture doesn't work out and they get their place burned down, their name gets in the papers or there is shooting, every one here will suffer greatly...

Trib
07-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Thats great but I'm there only till 8 AUgust ;( I guess I have the impetus to come back in dec now!!!!

yayow
07-28-2011, 10:07 PM
As been said many times before, competition is good, keeps everybody on their toes.

Hoseman
07-28-2011, 10:10 PM
As been said many times before, competition is good, keeps everybody on their toes.i was just thinking the same ohhhmmm just posted that CMP has up graded.

jose1234
07-28-2011, 10:14 PM
i was just thinking the same ohhhmmm just posted that CMP has up graded.

CMP has spent some money on the pool area...everything is looking up to date, clean and the attitude of everyone including the owner is up beat... I was really impressed.

yayow
07-28-2011, 10:15 PM
i was just thinking the same ohhhmmm just posted that CMP has up graded.

I've been out of the loop for a while, what is this CMP, that is being referred to here???

Hoseman
07-28-2011, 10:41 PM
I've been out of the loop for a while, what is this CMP, that is being referred to here???It is the same type of club as Passions that is just before you get there on the same side they started out by hiring ex-Passions girls and the regular girls that worked the streets there.

yayow
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM
It is the same type of club as Passions that is just before you get there on the same side they started out by hiring ex-Passions girls and the regular girls that worked the streets there.

Now I remember it, across from Club Residencial, passed by it last time in Sosua, last November but never went in.

Nor did I know it's name.

questner
07-28-2011, 11:58 PM
It means this will be a second new joint opening in Cabarete in addition to a European owned strip club (as reported recently on the other site).

I wonder if all the action will slowly start moving back to Cabarete again. No matter how you clean it.

Jimmydr
07-29-2011, 09:08 AM
I remember in 2002 when my hotel in Cabarete sent me an e mail saying that they were no longer guest friendly and there were 3 or 4 casas and they were shut down.

Caberate is not Sosua, so I really don't think this place will last long.

Sidney
07-29-2011, 09:14 AM

No Gracias and not repectfully!:icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd:

WickedWillie
07-29-2011, 12:05 PM
It means this will be a second new joint opening in Cabarete in addition to a European owned strip club (as reported recently on the other site).

I wonder if all the action will slowly start moving back to Cabarete again. No matter how you clean it.

Are you referring to this place or the Diablo Rojo out in Jardin Deportivo or maybe something else???

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22491&d=1311955306

weyland
07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Are you referring to this place or the Diablo Rojo out in Jardin Deportivo or maybe something else???
Someone reported visiting a new Russian stripclub with drinks at insane prices and very attractive Russian strippers. Was in the "High Street" and not yet officially open.

weyland
07-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Was in the "High Street".
I used "High Street" here because I knew WW, being English, would be familiar with the term.

However I now see that WW is using the word "respect" with the American gangsta meaning, which is almost opposite to the English meaning. Here he uses "respect" where English would use "total contempt". I think Sidney gets it.

jose1234
07-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Since this place will be down the street from me..."in my hood" if you enjoy the slang... I walked by and took a look at the property. It is the perfect place for a relatively discrete hooker club. I think they will have lots of success there if they are not closed down. If the prices are reasonable and the Chicas good looking, mongers will have another place to hang out.

There is also a new Belgium bakery opening up down the street next week...so everyone here will have a place to get muffins..LOL

Jimmydr
07-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Since this place will be down the street from me..."in my hood" if you enjoy the slang... I walked by and took a look at the property. It is the perfect place for a relatively discrete hooker club. I think they will have lots of success there if they are not closed down. If the prices are reasonable and the Chicas good looking, mongers will have another place to hang out.

There is also a new Belgium bakery opening up down the street next week...so everyone here will have a place to get muffins..LOL

The other two places were by the Esso station and is this near that?

WickedWillie
07-29-2011, 05:43 PM

Opened as of today in the Banco Popular plaza.

WickedWillie
07-29-2011, 05:47 PM
I used "High Street" here because I knew WW, being English, would be familiar with the term.

However I now see that WW is using the word "respect" with the American gangsta meaning, which is almost opposite to the English meaning. Here he uses "respect" where English would use "total contempt". I think Sidney gets it.

No, I meant what I said but perhaps should have phrased it as 'they are respectful and gain a lot of respect'

I'm guessing you and Sid have had run-ins with biker gangs before??

Were you involved the mods and rockers clashes in seaside towns in the UK during the 60's??????:rofl::rofl::rofl:

DASBOOTY
07-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Caberate is not Sosua, so I really don't think this place will last long.

It won't be worth the effort for me to go there from Sosua and then back again.

I just walk out of the lobby of my hotel in Sosua and in 5 minutes I am in chica land:D.

psriches
07-29-2011, 09:19 PM

I'll update this when I have the name of the place and any more info.I'm guessing we shouldn't expect ISOC pricing!!!:(

psriches
07-29-2011, 09:23 PM
AND I HOPE YOU'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THESE GUYS!!!!!!

dominicantoday.com

The gang Hells Angels “takes over” Dominican resort town, Winnipeg Sun says

The newspaper Winnipegsun.com says the motorcycle gang Hells Angels, have made the Dominican Atlantic resort town Cabarete their home in the Caribbean. “They're impossible to miss, right from the moment you set foot in the small village of Cabarete.”

The Canadian newspaper says the members of the gang -turned underworld crime organization- are seen on the streets, in restaurants and stores. “Even half-hidden by bathing suits, on the beach. You see the same words over and over again: Hells Angels Quebec.”

It said the members of the notorious network's Quebec chapter's “have literally taken over this small town of 15,000” and have even managed to get a street named after them.

Their presence in the country dates back to the mid 1990s in Puerto Plata and Sosua, when the Canadian Mounted Police, in collaboration with Dominican authorities reportedly conducted raids to arrest members of the gang who were fugitives wanted that country.

“A Sun Media team spent a few days incognito by their side, bearing witness to their influence on the area,” Winnipegsun.com says, adding that the Hells Angels were in particularly large numbers last week, as they celebrated the accession of the local Los Barracos gang to the rank of Hells Angels prospect,” the news site said.

It said gang members “partied in a large red-and-white fortified bunker, which it describes as being similar to their former headquarters in Quebec,” with “Canadian Hells and Dominican Republic flags are floating side by side.”

psriches
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
OR THESE GUYS!!!!

dominicantoday.com

Canada Hell's Angels arrested in Dominican Republic

The Quebec authorities, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and several other police departments including Dominican Republic’s were conducting a major operation targeting the Hell's Angels biker gang Wednesday, in one of the most significant sweeps of the gang's alleged criminal activities in Canadian history, newspaper Ottawa Citizen reports.

The president of the country’s Drugs Control Agency (DNCD) said Steve Rainville and Marc Readman were arrested in simultaneous raids in the tourist town Cabarete, where they both lived as ordinary foreigners.

Gilberto Delgado said both foreigners will be repatriated to Canada in the next few hours, where they’ll face charges of conspiracy to commit murders, believed to be as many as 22, and of trafficking controlled substances, especially cocaine and heroin.

Two 9 millimeter pistols and two 12 gauge shotguns were seized from the bikers, the official said.
“Police planned to arrest 156 people in Quebec, New Brunswick, the Dominican Republic and France. These include 111 full-patch members, or nearly all currently active members of the Hell's Angels in Quebec,” is said.

It said the people arrested, who include at least one woman, are expected to be arraigned Wednesday in various locations in Quebec, on charges including murder, conspiracy to commit murder, drug trafficking and gangsterism, quoting SQ Insp. Michel Martin.

In Dominican Republic, the Hell's Angels have based their criminal operationas in the north coast towns Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete, where they’ve teamed up with the local bike gang Barracos.

Hoseman
07-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Those are the guys I had in mind.

weyland
07-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Were you involved the mods and rockers clashes in seaside towns in the UK during the 60's?
I steered a middle course. I was a Mocker.

WickedWillie
07-30-2011, 11:49 AM

I just walk out of the lobby of my hotel in Sosua and in 5 minutes I am in chica land:D.

Absolutely, there are tons of guys that like to stay in their point and click 'comfort zone' of PC.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Likewise there are tons of guys that head out to places like Cristals/La Coppa in POP, the clubs/car washes in Santiago or the bars like Isla bomba/Rancho Jubilet in Sabaneta.

Nothing wrong with that either.

Each to his own.

WickedWillie
07-30-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm guessing we shouldn't expect ISOC pricing!!!:(

Is there ISOC pricing in Passions or Cristals????

Hoseman
07-30-2011, 11:53 AM

I just walk out of the lobby of my hotel in Sosua and in 5 minutes I am in chica land:D.IF I was on Vacation I would go just to check it out I live in POP and I still am going to check it out.

Sidney
07-30-2011, 12:51 PM
OR THESE GUYS!!!!

dominicantoday.com

Canada Hell's Angels arrested in Dominican Republic

The Quebec authorities, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and several other police departments including Dominican Republic’s were conducting a major operation targeting the Hell's Angels biker gang Wednesday, in one of the most significant sweeps of the gang's alleged criminal activities in Canadian history, newspaper Ottawa Citizen reports.

The president of the country’s Drugs Control Agency (DNCD) said Steve Rainville and Marc Readman were arrested in simultaneous raids in the tourist town Cabarete, where they both lived as ordinary foreigners.

Gilberto Delgado said both foreigners will be repatriated to Canada in the next few hours, where they’ll face charges of conspiracy to commit murders, believed to be as many as 22, and of trafficking controlled substances, especially cocaine and heroin.

Two 9 millimeter pistols and two 12 gauge shotguns were seized from the bikers, the official said.
“Police planned to arrest 156 people in Quebec, New Brunswick, the Dominican Republic and France. These include 111 full-patch members, or nearly all currently active members of the Hell's Angels in Quebec,” is said.

It said the people arrested, who include at least one woman, are expected to be arraigned Wednesday in various locations in Quebec, on charges including murder, conspiracy to commit murder, drug trafficking and gangsterism, quoting SQ Insp. Michel Martin.

In Dominican Republic, the Hell's Angels have based their criminal operationas in the north coast towns Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete, where they’ve teamed up with the local bike gang Barracos.
None arrested in British Columbia?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Tiger
07-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for intel willie. Let us know the talent level and rates after it gets open.

psriches
07-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Is there ISOC pricing in Passions or Cristals????NO; and that's why most don't go!!! :icontd:

Jimmydr
07-30-2011, 04:34 PM
NO; and that's why most don't go!!! :icontd:

Crystals could have been a world class joint, but he was missing a card or two in his deck.

DASBOOTY
07-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Likewise there are tons of guys that head out to places like Cristals/La Coppa in POP, the clubs/car washes in Santiago or the bars like Isla bomba/Rancho Jubilet in Sabaneta.

Each to his own.

I definetly (fuck it, I can never spell that word correctly, it must be the most mis-spelled word in the English language:rofl:) plan to go to La Coppa on my next trip.

But I was under the impression that it was a regular club (where a guy could still pick up putas) as opposed to a strip/sex club like Cristal:dontknow:.

DASBOOTY
07-30-2011, 09:54 PM
IF I was on Vacation I would go just to check it out I live in POP and I still am going to check it out.

Thanks, but I've been to enough strip clubs in Canada and Mexico.

I come to the DR to get away from strip clubs:rofl:.

QueGuapo
07-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Crystals could have been a world class joint, but he was missing a card or two in his deck.

I think it's missing more than that:

-The girls are so so....
-The rooms are terrible and filthy
-The prices are outrageous ( $3700 for an hour in a filthy room is ridiculous)..

mrblackluv
07-31-2011, 10:36 AM
I definetly (fuck it, I can never spell that word correctly, it must be the most mis-spelled word in the English language:rofl:) plan to go to La Coppa on my next trip.

But I was under the impression that it was a regular club (where a guy could still pick up putas) as opposed to a strip/sex club like Cristal:dontknow:.

La Coppa is a regular club.

Hoseman
07-31-2011, 11:53 AM
La Coppa is a regular club.It is like he said a regular club where you can still find puntas. But if you do don't pay Sosua prices.

DASBOOTY
07-31-2011, 09:11 PM
It is like he said a regular club where you can still find puntas. But if you do don't pay Sosua prices.

By this do you mean that one pays higher or lower than Sosua prices for putas in La Coppa (and Roadway bar in Playa Dorada for that matter):confused:.

Hoseman
07-31-2011, 09:24 PM
By this do you mean that one pays higher or lower than Sosua prices for putas in La Coppa (and Roadway bar in Playa Dorada for that matter):confused:.I don't know about Playa Dorada but I have payed lower at Copa.With no negotiations.

mikelodge
08-02-2011, 08:50 PM

Well in that case those guys are well versed in strip clubs, and whore houses, lots of practice, like I said it should be interesting.

Well Security won't be a problem . Sounds like a good place to support and probably for less than $81 :lol::wink:

WickedWillie
08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Well Security won't be a problem . Sounds like a good place to support and probably for less than $81 :lol::wink:

You met the owner when he came over to talk to me at our lunch table in Cabarete.

blazaveli
08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
that will be a good look. I stayed at Ocean Dream on one of my trips and the condos are official but that drive back and forth to Sosua can be annoying. This will save some trips.

Nakom
08-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Willie - is the owner is the same guy that eats at the good burger resturant down from the chicken stand a lot?

Sidney
08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Why would you support them?:icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd:

DKallmighty
08-03-2011, 04:37 PM
A buddy of my wants info on oxygen. Any one been there? Is so is it worth it compared to the another spots?

Hoseman
08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
A buddy of my wants info on oxygen. Any one been there? Is so is it worth it compared to the another spots?a waste of money he can do way better for cheaper do a little research on here.IF he wants to do something like that he will come out better going to Blacbeards in Costombar.

WickedWillie
08-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Willie - is the owner is the same guy that eats at the good burger resturant down from the chicken stand a lot?

I don't know about 'a lot' but IIRC he was the guy I spoke with the night we were there.

FritoBandito
08-03-2011, 06:36 PM

As in French-Canadian Hells Angels???????? Used to see them out there all the time wearing their colors, but after they hauled a few of them out of the country because of warrants in Canada, they are keeping a real low profile now.

FritoBandito
08-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I got a couple of names for this place:

1. Papi Penis Coladas

or

2. Genital Wart Oozing with Pus..............

jose1234
08-03-2011, 07:19 PM

1. Papi Penis Coladas

or

I like number 2...its catchy... :)

deezl
08-03-2011, 07:31 PM

1. Papi Penis Coladas

or

could definitely make for some interesting (and graphic) neon work.

though I'd have thought you'd be more comfortable in Club Smack-a-ho...

:lol:

WickedWillie
08-03-2011, 07:40 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

FritoBandito
08-03-2011, 08:05 PM
......or how about the name "The Fruity Booty?""

Naw, on second thought, that would be a good name for a gay bar in Sosua (if there is one)...........

......or maybe,"The Bald Beaver?"

FritoBandito
08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
.......Here's another "Club Schwing"????

Wayne's World (schwing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTqUEhWYsI

mikelodge
08-03-2011, 09:35 PM

Perhaps a railroad theme "Train Train take me on out of this town".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-pqNtAfTMI

The train reference is a cryptic as my reference to a good place to support for less than $81 but I dumbed it down a bit. :lol:

FritoBandito
08-03-2011, 10:31 PM
....snap.....Crackle.......It's " Club Booties Poppin' ":bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:

JD426
08-03-2011, 10:40 PM
You 1% 'ers are a scaring me......:rofl:

FritoBandito
08-05-2011, 12:33 AM
In a tribute to the Sopranos:

The "Butt-a-Bing" bar!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WickedWillie
08-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Spoke with the owner today, the place is going to be called Exotica Nightclub. (can the mods to change the thread title please:lol:)

He now has all the permits in place, paid all who had to be paid, had all inspections done (including Fire Dept inspection:rofl::rofl:).

He told me that he would have 30 chicas working for the grand opening in 2/3 weeks.:iconTU:

daddyooo
08-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Spoke with the owner today, the place is going to be called Exotica Nightclub. (can the mods to change the thread title please:lol:)

He now has all the permits in place, paid all who had to be paid, had all inspections done (including Fire Dept inspection:rofl::rofl:).

He told me that he would have 30 chicas working for the grand opening in 2/3 weeks.:iconTU:

I'll be there in 4 weeks to check it out. Did he happen to mention menu prices?

Kevy
08-06-2011, 06:28 PM

changed.

weyland
08-06-2011, 08:31 PM
paid all who had to be paid ...
For the time being. There will be a steady trickle of new people who have found reasons why they need to be paid too.

Kevy
08-06-2011, 08:40 PM
For the time being. There will be a steady trickle of new people who have found reasons why they need to be paid too.
Ready with your reason yet?

mrblackluv
08-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Stopped by this place today.
Still not open..guess I will have to catch it on my next trip.

Kinda wasn't clear to me how to find it.

When you turn in the WOW! complex, you have to go under the underpass to the rear..as if you're going to the car wash.

I walked inside..looks like it will be pretty nice.

jose1234
08-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Stopped by this place today.
Still not open..guess I will have to catch it on my next trip.

Kinda wasn't clear to me how to find it.

When you turn in the WOW! complex, you have to go under the underpass to the rear..as if you're going to the car wash.

I walked inside..looks like it will be pretty nice.

Street sign has been put up but don't know its open or not...

dunedain
08-28-2011, 12:13 PM

I have a sign that can be donated!!:p

QueGuapo
09-04-2011, 05:41 AM
I am at the airport now, going to Sosua...
I ll check on this place tonight or tomorrow and post some pics for you guys, so you will get the taste of the new club.
I hope it will be a great new spot for ISOC members.....

QueGuapo
09-05-2011, 09:08 AM
We went there last night ad it was.........closed!
Fuck!!!
Anyway, i ispoke to the owner and he said he still needs two or three weeks ( i took a look from the outside and it's still missing furniture...
I really wanted to post some pics and the first impressions of the place....

jose1234
09-05-2011, 09:27 AM
We went there last night ad it was.........closed!
Fuck!!!
Anyway, i ispoke to the owner and he said he still needs two or three weeks ( i took a look from the outside and it's still missing furniture...
I really wanted to post some pics and the first impressions of the place....

Thanks for the update.

jose1234
11-10-2011, 08:48 PM
The place has not yet opened... Anyone have the story one what is going on?

Jimmydr
11-11-2011, 08:25 AM
The place has not yet opened... Anyone have the story one what is going on?

Should I move this to the gone out of business section?

WickedWillie
11-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Should I move this to the gone out of business section?

Not yet, the owner is still having issues with customs for his furnishings.

WickedWillie
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I should add that he is no rush to resolve the isses with aduanas and open up as Cabarete is dead right now (i.e. Nikki Beach and WOW).

He has another month or so before 'high' season.

JDR
11-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I should add that he is no rush to resolve the isses with aduanas and open up as Cabarete is dead right now (i.e. Nikki Beach and WOW).

There isn't enough business to make enough to survive there, in my opinion.

mikelodge
11-11-2011, 10:20 AM

If they are open when I make my high season winter visits I will sure be there to check it out with whoever needs a ride from Sosua. :wink:

jose1234
11-11-2011, 10:23 AM
There isn't enough business to make enough to survive there, in my opinion.

My guess is that it will either be closed down due to various government entities looking for mucho cash (although I am told these guys are well connected) or the number of chicas working there will dwindle down to about 5 or 6 in about a year. Once they open the problems and drama will really begin... As a business owner my sympathy goes out to them because I know the aggravations in this country.

JDR
11-11-2011, 10:26 AM
My guess is that it will either be closed down due to various government entities looking for mucho cash (although I am told these guys are well connected) or the number of chicas working there will dwindle down to about 5 or 6 in about a year. Once they open the problems and drama will really begin... As a business owner my sympathy goes out to them because I know the aggravations in this country.

If everyone that said that really was, there would be 100% full occupancy for the last 20 years. People have no idea what connected means or is.

JD426
11-11-2011, 10:27 AM
You mean in the DR you cant just invest your Life Savings in a bar or Club , turn the Key & open up the next day , and the money just starts rolling in right away ?
I am shocked.

JDR
11-11-2011, 10:30 AM
You mean in the DR you cant just invest your Life Savings in a bar or Club , turn the Key & open up the next day , and the money just starts rolling in right away ?
I am shocked.

Peter at Passions did it that way. ( He turned the key and 8 years later, he was KING)

Tiger
11-11-2011, 10:34 AM
If they are open when I make my high season winter visits I will sure be there to check it out with whoever needs a ride from Sosua. :wink:

When will that be Mike?

jose1234
11-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Peter at Passions did it that way. ( He turned the key and 8 years later, he was KING)

I know there is a lot of talk about the way he manages the chicas lives, but besides it not being my business I don't know how he could have grown the business and managed that many chicas without doing it that way. The drama and lies associated with putas (in general/overall and I am sure there are exceptions) is overwhelming when I think of it.

JD426
11-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Thats why it cracks me up when he tries to deny & even gets offended when people call him a Straight up Pimp.. U right, How else could he possibly handle all them Putas with all their problems.

snoozer
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM

I recall a thread on here talking about the 'old' days in Sosua which mentioned Peter having a similar business in Charamaicos long before he opened Passions.

Jimmydr
11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I recall a thread on here talking about the 'old' days in Sosua which mentioned Peter having a similar business in Charamaicos long before he opened Passions.

I never knew that?

eastcoastallstar
11-11-2011, 05:58 PM
To my limited knowledge Peter and Armando are the two most successful guys in Sosua.

They both have very simple businesses, yet so many try and fail....why?

Jimmydr
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
To my limited knowledge Peter and Armando are the two most successful guys in Sosua.

Peter as in Passions? So who is Armando?

Peter started off simple and cheap in the beginning.

eastcoastallstar
11-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Peter as in Passions? So who is Armando?

Peter started off simple and cheap in the beginning.

I remember Passions with the small bar and 4 massage rooms.

Armando owns Classicos, After One, a Clinic and I think a Hotel.

Jimmydr
11-11-2011, 06:07 PM

Its simple. Just count how many restaurants there are and watch them over a month and you will see that there are 5 times as many as needed.

eastcoastallstar
11-11-2011, 06:13 PM
In that part of town, no hoes...no business.

Trib
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM

AARRRRGGGGHHHHH I am down Dec 15th -19th and had hoped to hit that place on my way to Nikki Beach!!! I love cabarete as a way to get out of the sewer until after one opens. I'll still do the run but no new to do. I am glad I have mad arrangements to hit new spots next year!!!! SSDD!!!!!

snoozer
11-13-2011, 08:16 PM
AARRRRGGGGHHHHH I am down Dec 15th -19th and had hoped to hit that place on my way to Nikki Beach!!! I love cabarete as a way to get out of the sewer until after one opens. I'll still do the run but no new to do. I am glad I have mad arrangements to hit new spots next year!!!! SSDD!!!!!

You are having no luck at all. Nikki Beach closed it's doors last friday

jose1234
11-13-2011, 08:16 PM

Trib, I am learning here that the dreams never end and there is always someone willing to fork up a lot of money to open a bar, nightclub or whatever and live their dreams in the Caribbean... Some survive and many fail. You can still have a fun time in Cabarete despite the closing of a few bars here or there. Nikkie Beach Club was over rated and very expensive. Most nights it was dead anyways. There are a few other clubs here that are hopping right now such as Oho's, Onnos and Lax and there are a few dive bars here. Putas are around too, but less choice...but very doable... But, if you are in the DR or somewhere else, I am sure you will have a good time...no worries imho...

Trib
11-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Trib, I am learning here that the dreams never end and there is always someone willing to fork up a lot of money to open a bar, nightclub or whatever and live their dreams in the Caribbean... Some survive and many fail. You can still have a fun time in Cabarete despite the closing of a few bars here or there. Nikkie Beach Club was over rated and very expensive. Most nights it was dead anyways. There are a few other clubs here that are hopping right now such as Oho's, Onnos and Lax and there are a few dive bars here. Putas are around too, but less choice...but very doable... But, if you are in the DR or somewhere else, I am sure you will have a good time...no worries imho...

Thanks ohmmmmmm. yes Oho's is my main spot (DJ is great at least in Aug2011 he was) and the restaurant across the street from it as well but I like Nikki beach too. I have hit LV, Miami and cabarete and am trying to hit koi samu (sp?)

If your bar is open I'll stop in as I drive by. watch pm ;) btw I luv dive bars...pub crawl ;) ?

Trib
11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
You are having no luck at all. Nikki Beach closed it's doors last friday

Fuck!!! ty for the info. I was about email them to set a res up LOL As Ohmmm said many things to do...oh so many things to do.

WickedWillie
11-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Por fin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand opening this Friday December 2nd.

Spoke with the owner last night and got a tour of the place. The club will be more like a Santo Domingo casa, think 305 or Satin Dolls, with the chicas freely circulating. Decent sized bar and dance floor with poles with bar stool seating around. Complete opposite of Passions.

2 VIP rooms and 4/5 cabana rooms some with jacuzzis.

He's still planning on bringing up 30 or so working chicas from La Capital and will be open daily from early afternoon until 2am.

No idea yet on pricing but he said he would call me Weds or Thurs with more info.

Huge upside for me is that he is planning to house the chicas for the 1st month at his property, next door to mine:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tiger
11-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Por fin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke with the owner last night and got a tour of the place. The club will be more like a Santo Domingo casa, think 305 or Satin Dolls, with the chicas freely circulating. Decent sized bar and dance floor with poles with bar stool seating around. Complete opposite of Passions.

He's still planning on bringing up 30 or so working chicas from La Capital and will be open daily from early afternoon until 2am.

No idea yet on pricing but he said he would call me Weds or Thurs with more info.

Huge upside for me is that he is planning to house the chicas for the 1st month at his property, next door to mine:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great! Sounds like a nice place. I will have to check it out next month. I will interested to hear his prices.

Do you know if you can salida the chicas out?

jose1234
11-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Por fin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The neighborly thing to do is stop by and introduce yourself and give each of them your welcome package.

eastcoastallstar
11-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Por fin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky Bastid! :lol:

Trib
11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
OMG I wont get too happy about this until it happens but I get there the 15th so this gives you just enough time to sample each one!!!! Thanks for the info ;)

Por fin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psriches
11-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Great! Sounds like a nice place. I will have to check it out next month. I will interested to hear his prices.

Do you know if you can salida the chicas out?How many of us will go if the prices are 4000 and more? The owner will tell us that the place and chicas are more upscale. I hope i'm wrong. :(

mikelodge
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
OMG I wont get too happy about this until it happens but I get there the 15th so this gives you just enough time to sample each one!!!! Thanks for the info ;)

I like Grand Openings :lol: Made the one in the Capital for Hooters with Happy, Yayow and P2 so why stop now maybe I can be a slow boat with only a few leaks from Miami to float over :rofl:

blazaveli
11-29-2011, 11:57 PM
I can tell you right now I am not paying more than 2500 regardless of how great the owner thinks the quality of his chicas are.

How many of us will go if the prices are 4000 and more? The owner will tell us that the place and chicas are more upscale. I hope i'm wrong. :(

WickedWillie
11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
How many of us will go if the prices are 4000 and more? The owner will tell us that the place and chicas are more upscale. I hope i'm wrong. :(

I can tell you right now I am not paying more than 2500 regardless of how great the owner thinks the quality of his chicas are.

Get prepared for HUGE sticker shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner just told me that prices are going be US$150 for an HOUR on-site and US$225 for a salida after midnight only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm guessing he may rethink his policy after a very short while.

Jimmydr
11-30-2011, 05:24 PM

The owner just told me that prices are going be US$150 for an HOUR on-site and US$225 for a salida after midnight only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Under/over? 3 months?

Jimmydr
11-30-2011, 05:41 PM

They will take some of Peters business away.

eastcoastallstar
11-30-2011, 05:43 PM

These guys need to stop taking acid while writing their business plans.

deezl
11-30-2011, 05:43 PM

He should consider making it a comedy club instead.

mikelodge
11-30-2011, 06:00 PM

I am turning the row boat around and rowing back to Miami. :lol:

Backpage is cheaper than that and I don't have to leave town or deal with an airport.
I wonder how much a beer is? No harm in stopping for a cold one and a look. :wink:

Trib
11-30-2011, 06:20 PM

Thanks for the update but WTF????? the sad part is there are people who don't know better and will pay that for a 5 or 6 cuz they have 2 hours away from the wife. But 8500 for 1 chica for a few hours in cab as opposed to 2500 max everywhere else.....I may stop for a beer to look but I thats it!!!

As Jimmy said under over should be a few months but I think the girls will get wise after a month!!!

adios
11-30-2011, 06:28 PM
30 girls from santo domingo. yeah right.
150$ for 1 hour. yeah right.

adios. :biggrin:

MrHappy
12-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Same owner as Nikki's beach club???:rofl::rofl:

WickedWillie
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Same owner as Nikki's beach club???:rofl::rofl:

Same thinking apparently:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
12-01-2011, 11:11 AM
He should consider making it a comedy club instead.
I think you summed it up nicely..
I was gonna say something like ,can we all go as a group to laugh at this guy, as we drink a couple beers , text some 1500DP Putas , and then walk out.. but your idea is actually a better business Model than HIS..

Where do these dudes come from ?

Nakom
12-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I think you summed it up nicely..
I was gonna say something like ,can we all go as a group to laugh at this guy, as we drink a couple beers , text some 1500DP Putas , and then walk out.. but your idea is actually a better business Model than HIS..

Where do these dudes come from ?

If I were you (or anyone else) I don't think I would head over there and start laughing at these guys. They come from Quebec, but have many brothers all over NA.

deezl
12-01-2011, 11:34 AM
If I were you (or anyone else) I don't think I would head over there and start laughing at these guys. They come from Quebec, but have many brothers all over NA.

Ah, so they're Québécois. In that case, just laugh at them in English and they won't understand you. :rofl:

JD426
12-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Oh , THOSE guys.. ok. well then that makes sense. maybe they are looking for just High Rollers then... Good luck to them. I guess Im not in their Demographic market anyway... Would be a fun place to have a beer I guess .

MrHappy
12-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Are you saying these guys are part of the Cabarete Biker gang guys? Or am I on the wrong tangent?

Nakom
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Are you saying these guys are part of the Cabarete Biker gang guys? Or am I on the wrong tangent?

See post #8 on page #1.

MrHappy
12-01-2011, 12:17 PM
See post #8 on page #1.

Oh shit, this is the same thread!! I'm spending too much time on this site.

I know a couple of those guys.(the quebec guys.. I know most of the DR wannabe HA guys too)

They were telling me they were going to take over a hotel further east on the north coast. It was going to be an exclusive biker type hotel with chicas on site, similar to a Blackbeards setup.

Is this Exotica nightclub an old hotel property?

WickedWillie
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Canadian but not from Quebec.

Oh shit, this is the same thread!! I'm spending too much time on this site.

I know a couple of those guys.(the quebec guys.. I know most of the DR wannabe HA guys too)

They were telling me they were going to take over a hotel further east on the north coast. It was going to be an exclusive biker type hotel with chicas on site, similar to a Blackbeards setup.

Is this Exotica nightclub an old hotel property?

No, new construction/conversion in Plaza Alexandra in Cabarete under the now defunct WOW bar.

JuanElGriego
12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Under/over? 3 months?

Under, unless those prices are adjusted, and even then they'll still be too high for any monger with a clue to touch. Lowering the prices will only delay the inevitable. They don't need to be lowered, they need to be halved, which i doubt is gonna happen.

No chica is gonna sit there and twiddle her thumbs all day instead of making money so they'll be out the door real quick.

Those prices aren't just high, they're laughable.

$90 ST and $150 after midnight TLN is HIGH.

$150 ST and $225 after midnight TLN is 'can i smoke some of that too?"

Not nearly enough guys "with only 2 hours away from the wife so i'll pay" to sustain that place at those rates.

No monger who knows anything will touch those rates.

They'll probably have some stunners when they first open up because the girls will hear the prices and start counting the money .. 'til they see no one in the place for anything other than a drink. Then the hottest chicks will leave. They'll lower the prices and get other girls not quite as hot but the prices will still be too high and the girls won't be as attractive either so it'll still be dead.

eastcoastallstar
12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Under, unless those prices are adjusted, and even then they'll still be too high for any monger with a clue to touch. Lowering the prices will only delay the inevitable. They don't need to be lowered, they need to be halved, which i doubt is gonna happen.

No chica is gonna sit there and twiddle her thumbs all day instead of making money so they'll be out the door real quick.

Those prices aren't just high, they're laughable.

$90 ST and $150 after midnight TLN is HIGH.

$150 ST and $225 after midnight TLN is 'can i smoke some of that too?"

Not nearly enough guys "with only 2 hours away from the wife so i'll pay" to sustain that place at those rates.

No monger who knows anything will touch those rates.

They'll probably have some stunners when they first open up because the girls will hear the prices and start counting the money .. 'til they see no one in the place for anything other than a drink. Then the hottest chicks will leave. They'll lower the prices and get other girls not quite as hot but the prices will still be too high and the girls won't be as attractive either so it'll still be dead.

THIS!

You see this is the clientele these assholes...yes assholes, want. When they should be going for that regular monger money (Like Pete) they want the occasional monger. No where near enough guys to do that.

eastcoastallstar
12-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Canadian but not from Quebec.

No, new construction/conversion in Plaza Alexandra in Cabarete under the now defunct WOW bar.

OH Well, that explains everything.

MrHappy
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
THIS!

You see this is the clientele these assholes...yes assholes, want. When they should be going for that regular monger money (Like Pete) they want the occasional monger. No where near enough guys to do that.

Or more appropriately, guys that don't know any better. That's their target.

I'd dare say, there's more of them in Cabarete, than there are regular mongers.

I'd also bet they consider the regular mongers to be riffraff, and don't even WANT them.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

It just like the folks at Jose O'Shays. One of the owners there told me to my face that they weren't even interested in locals as customers, only tourists.

In his words.. "Hey, tourists spend money, locals don't."

JuanElGriego
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM

I'd also bet they consider the regular mongers to be riffraff, and don't even WANT them.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

It just like the folks at Jose O'Shays. One of the owners there told me to my face that they weren't even interested in locals as customers, only tourists.

In his words.. "Hey, tourists spend money, locals don't."

Is that why their menus aren't in Spanish?

Do they have menus in Spanish that they bring out to people who don't pass as tourists or does everyone get the English-only menus?

I kept looking for the spanish part of the menu and was flabbergasted when there was none. I wanted to call the waitress over and ask her why she brought me a menu in this strange language. I mean, i know we're in Cabarete but sheesh!

JuanElGriego
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Yeah but how many guys in Cabarete who "dont know any better" are also interested in P4P? Many guys are there simply for the beach and the surfing and prostitutes aren't even on their radar and even if they stumbled upon it, $150 for an hour might turn them off real quick.

I seriously doubt there's many guys in Cabarete who are into P4P who don't know there's a whole town of whores 10 minutes away.

Jimmydr
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah but how many guys in Cabarete who "dont know any better" are also interested in P4P? Many guys are there simply for the beach and the surfing and prostitutes aren't even on their radar and even if they stumbled upon it, $150 for an hour might turn them off real quick.

I seriously doubt there's many guys in Cabarete who are into P4P who don't know there's a whole town of whores 10 minutes away.

Caberete is busy for maybe 2 or 3 months and then dead.

WickedWillie
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM

I seriously doubt there's many guys in Cabarete who are into P4P who don't know
there's a whole town of whores 10 minutes away.

In both directions!!!!!:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

WickedWillie
12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33767&d=1322776372

Spent a couple of mildly enjoyable hours in the club this afternoon watching about a dozen of the new chicas getting their instructions and pole dancing practice in.

This crew of chicas is from Puerto Plata with some unfortunately too familiar faces amongst them. Their mamasan is.......Nancy Moreno ex Field of Dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Santo Domingo crew arrive tomorrow so may well go back to check this out too. Anyone coming up on Caribe tours tomorrow is in for a pleasant journey.:iconTU::iconTU:

Had a good long chat with the owner about pussy pricing and he seems convinced that
his prices are going to work. The basic response was that clientel can always go to Passions if they want it cheaper. I gave up a long time ago to giving my opinion or advice to guys on various scatter-brained business ventures here.

Anyway I also have a few VIP personal invitations so if anyone is in town and wants one holla at me. Should be a good night.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33766&d=1322776370

Jimmydr
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33767&d=1322776372)

Had a good long chat with the owner about pussy pricing and he seems convinced that
his prices are going to work. The basic response was that clientel can always go to Passions if they want it cheaper. I gave up a long time ago to giving my opinion or advice to guys on various scatter-brained business ventures here.

Anyway I also have a few VIP personal invitations so if anyone is in town and wants one holla at me. Should be a good night.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33766&d=1322776370)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JuanElGriego
12-01-2011, 05:28 PM
his prices are going to work. The basic response was that clientel can always go to Passions if they want it cheaper.

That's the same exact response and attitude that other idiot had at The Hideaway .... and then he was out of business in a couple months. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(and EC, yes, he was Canadian too) :corky:

JuanElGriego
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
BTW .. what does "that clientele" mean?

Riff-raff?

Shit, i do ST at Passions only once in a blue moon cuz i can pull something just as nice anytime for half of the 2500 ST there ... so what does that make me??????

What's below riff-raff?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jimmydr
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM

I know, I know

Jimmydr:rofl::rofl::rofl:

tonymd
12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
In both directions!!!!!:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Whats the town in the oposite direction from Sosua?

Mr. Smooth
12-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Maybe there will be an ISOC discount. Instead of paying $150 for an hour, we get to pay only $135!! :corky:

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 07:30 AM
BTW .. what does "that clientele" mean?

Riff-raff?

Shit, i do ST at Passions only once in a blue moon cuz i can pull something just as nice anytime for half of the 2500 ST there ... so what does that make me??????

Um... Sotano riff raff? Baja riff raff? Gran Via riff raff? Colmado Riff Raff!!!??!?!

DCIronman
12-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Whats the town in the oposite direction from Sosua?

I'm thinking Nagua. But that's a little bit more than a ten minute drive from Caberette. But well worth it if you have the time.

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm thinking Nagua. But that's a little bit more than a ten minute drive from Caberette. But well worth it if you have the time.

Gaspar Hernandez. Rio San Juan. Cabrera, eventually Nagua.

JD426
12-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Sabaneta de yasica has Hoes, no ?

Maybe there will be an ISOC discount. Instead of paying $150 for an hour, we get to pay only $135!! :corky:

They are printing up the "vouchers" as we speak.... We may see them as PRIZES here in the near future.

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM

They are printing up the "vouchers" as we speak.... We may see them as PRIZES here in the near future.

Yep. All towns here have em', they just aren't as "in your face" as Sosua.

Trib
12-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I know this is conspiracy type stuff but they could be laundering money or covering up something that would allow them to operate as high end.

As far as there not being enough 2 hour suckers with the money...remember the places that charge 2k a day and fly in totty? they operate and do well. Different strokes.

I'll end on that and let the expats dig up the truth ;) I think I saw a UFO near kite beach last august ;)

WickedWillie
12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Passed by yesterday afternoon just as the gua-gua's arrived with 20 or so mini-skirted, stilleto heeled hot young ladies.:iconTU:

There was quite a buzz going on and the owner looked very happy.

So went along at around 11 last night to check it out fully expecting the place to be hopping.

What I found was most of the opening party sushi uneaten and only about 10 guys and 8 girls left in the place. Uh?? Something's gone tits up:confused::confused:

Had a chat with the owner, who told me that his chica recruitment policy needed revisiting!!!:rofl:

Will pop back in later tonight to see whats up.

Jimmydr
12-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Had a chat with the owner, who told me that his chica recruitment policy needed revisiting!!!:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tiger
12-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Passed by yesterday afternoon just as the gua-gua's arrived with 20 or so mini-skirted, stilleto heeled hot young ladies.:iconTU:

So went along at around 11 last night to check it out fully expecting the place to be hopping.

What I found was most of the opening party sushi uneaten and only about 10 guys and 8 girls left in the place. Uh?? Something's gone tits up:confused::confused:

Did they all get salided out??

Jimmydr
12-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Did they all get salided out??

At $1,500 USD I would think hell yea.

JuanElGriego
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM

The chica's aint the problem.

He's in over his head and thinks he's smarter than he is ... a bad combination.

jose1234
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
The chica's aint the problem.

He's in over his head and thinks he's smarter than he is ... a bad combination.

That seems to happen a lot over here in the DR... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sidney
12-04-2011, 08:41 AM
It amazes my why a strip club owned by Hells Angels can get 8 pages of interest!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

eldorob
12-04-2011, 09:50 AM

NO, but my ex-Favorita Luz is from Sabaneta.

For you guys that are just a few pesos short of $1,500 for Exotica:rofl:, drive a few more miles to Sabaneta la Bomba. (the gas station) It is THE spot to be on Saturday nite if you're a local. (I think it's Sat nite, not sure, check first)

The couple times I went, there must have been 150 people. Just don't be a drunk stupid gringo while there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh_pYZMOa8E

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/6816485d17e8609fd.jpg

DASBOOTY
12-04-2011, 10:25 AM

I think he needs to revisit more than his chica recruitment policy.

Opening an American style strip club (with American pricing) 10 minutes away from the biggest whore town in the Caribbean:confused:.......................I'm sorry, but it ain't gonna happen:rofl:.

Next time I am in Sosúa, I definetly will not check this place out.

I come to the DR to get away from these kind of places :cheesygrin:.

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Crystals should be a booming establishment but, there must be something in the air that makes them all want to fail.

Kevy
12-04-2011, 10:30 AM
It amazes my why a strip club owned by Hells Angels can get 8 pages of interest!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Obviously, Wickedwillie likes to write about it.

DASBOOTY
12-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Crystals should be a booming establishment but, there must be something in the air that makes them all want to fail.

Yeah, but a chica I know that works at Crystal says that it has a lot of well-heeled Dominicanos as cleintele (as well as gringos) - so it has name recognition.

But this strip joint in Cabarete seems to be geared towards gringos (prolly trying to draw mongers from Sosúa). And like the strip club that opened in Sosúa in March that nobody seems to go to (at least no one has posted about it on ISOC for what seems like ages) kind of signifies that there is little demand for these kind of places (or in other words they are prolly gonna go tits up:rofl:).

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, but a chica I know that works at Crystal says that it has a lot of well-heeled Dominicanos as cleintele (as well as gringos) - so it has name recognition.

Back in 2003 we went in a van taxi and left in two van taxis. 8 guys would leave with 8 chicas.

He could have a 300 chica staff these days and be killing it.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?200456-08-2009-Cristals-Up-Date

Apos
12-04-2011, 10:47 AM
I agree that his business plan, and attitude, are wrong but it's interesting to read all the comments. I know of very few that have started and are still running a successful business in the DR. What make you think you could do any better? :confused:

It's one thing to criticize and another risk your own time and money and to be a success.

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 10:49 AM
I agree that his business plan, and attitude, are wrong but it's interesting to read all the comments. I know of very few that have started and are still running a successful business in the DR. What make you think you could do any better? :confused:

It's one thing to criticize and another risk your own time and money and to be a success.

Where did this guy come from:iconTU:

Can we get some backstory on you?

DASBOOTY
12-04-2011, 10:59 AM

I never insinuated that I could do better. I just think that more thought could have gone into this.

I mean, opening an American style strip club close to Sosúa...........to me that is like me opening a tiny burger joint next to McDonalds :rofl:.

Anyway, I no longer have anymore to say regarding this matter! :wave2:

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I never insinuated that I could do better. I just think that more thought could have gone into this.

I mean, opening an American style strip club close to Sosúa...........to me that is like me opening a tiny burger joint next to McDonalds :rofl:.

Its more like charging $20 at your burger joint next to McDonalds.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rubicon
12-04-2011, 11:16 AM
My guess is that when you read/hear stories of chicas charging and getting $100-$150 a night in Sosua, the assumption is that there exists a mid-market that can be tapped into. Sosua isn't Punta Cana. I spent my first few DR years in PC and, because of the lack of any real freelancer scene back then, you payed what the establishments charged or you went home without pussy.

The North Coast (particularly Sosua) is a low end market (in terms of general pricing), and an extremely high end market, what with the "monger retreats" and all. That a handful of savvy chicas are able to scam a handful of suckers for mid-range pricing doesn't necessarily make for a mid-market.

As someone else noted, you can't sit 10 minutes away from Sosua and expect to attract the market of monger that really doesn't exist to the extent which you would need to support your business.

JuanElGriego
12-04-2011, 11:18 AM
My guess is that when you read/hear stories of chicas charging and getting $100-$150 a night in Sosua, the assumption is that there exists a mid-market that can be tapped into.

And as ridiculous as those numbers are, that's not even what this place is asking.

Their rates are $150 SHORT TIME (not a night). It's $225 for the night (and not even at like 8 or 9 pm ... after midnight!!!)

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 11:19 AM
As someone else noted, you can't sit 10 minutes away from Sosua and expect to attract the market of monger that really doesn't exist to the extent which you would need to support your business.

Frank did it well. He priced it exactly right and did well for a year.

Rubicon
12-04-2011, 11:27 AM
What make you think you could do any better? :confused:

Reminds me of the saying "How do you leave the DR with 1 million dollars? By arriving with 2."
I tend to look at it in the reverse. "How do you think you can do any better?" Answer: By knowing enough to know not to do it to begin with.

Rubicon
12-04-2011, 11:31 AM
And as ridiculous as those numbers are, that's not even what this place is asking.

Their rates are $150 SHORT TIME (not a night). It's $225 for the night (and not even at like 8 or 9 pm ... after midnight!!!)
Considering what the "monger retreats" charge per day/night, I would still consider that mid-pricing. But, don't worry, they'll never get me to pay. :wink::wink::wink:

Rubicon
12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Frank did it well. He priced it exactly right and did well for a year.
Yes, he did and, in my earlier days, I was a pretty frequent customer. BUT, Frank had a few things going for him that most other places didn't, one being a captive audience. Outside of the higher end places like El Bohem and Crystals, there really weren't any other establishments in PP to speak of, nor did there exist much of a "freelancer" scene. Sure, there were the usual dumps, some of which still exist today. But, Frank was fortunate enough to have filled a void that existed at that time in PP. Good for him. He was a good dude who ran a decent business. I can assure you it was one sad day for me when I heard he was no longer doing business.

JuanElGriego
12-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Considering what the "monger retreats" charge per day/night, I would still consider that mid-pricing. But, don't worry, they'll never get me to pay. :wink::wink::wink:

What type of people are actually paying for those ridiculous things?

Very well off guys that want to do zero work and don't care what it costs to be treated like a child?

Guys scared to death to go it alone?

Morons?

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes, he did and, in my earlier days, I was a pretty frequent customer. BUT, Frank had a few things going for him that most other places didn't, one being a captive audience. Outside of the higher end places like El Bohem and Crystals, there really weren't any other establishments in PP to speak of, nor did there exist much of a "freelancer" scene. Sure, there were the usual dumps, some of which still exist today. But, Frank was fortunate enough to have filled a void that existed at that time in PP. Good for him. He was a good dude who ran a decent business. I can assure you it was one sad day for me when I heard he was no longer doing business.

He listened and priced it to market, just like anyone can if they wanted to.

Rubicon
12-04-2011, 11:45 AM
What type of people are actually paying for those ridiculous things?

Very well off guys that want to do zero work and don't care what it costs to be treated like a child?

Guys scared to death to go it alone?

Morons?
All of the above, I would guess.

JD426
12-04-2011, 11:53 AM
So.... from what I’m reading this place in Cabarete is a Huge Success & it’s the new spot to be seen at ?!?
Mission accomplished.
Next...

Rubicon
12-04-2011, 11:58 AM
He listened and priced it to market,
Hence my reference to having "a captive audience", versus the higher end establishments.

just like anyone can if they wanted to.
Sounds good in the US. One of the things I've observed in the DR is that the Dominicans don't take kindly to foreigners being successful in their midst. It doesn't matter that most, if not all, of their lack of success is due to their own inabilities.

One thing that has to be remembered is that while prostitution is not illegal, promoting prostitution is. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Dominicans have, on occasion, used that knowledge to their advantage when dealing with a foreign competitor.

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Hence my reference to having "a captive audience", versus the higher end establishments.

Sounds good in the US. One of the things I've observed in the DR is that the Dominicans don't take kindly to foreigners being successful in their midst. It doesn't matter that most, if not all, of their lack of success is due to their own inabilities.

One thing that has to be remembered is that while prostitution is not illegal, promoting prostitution is. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Dominicans have, on occasion, used that knowledge to their advantage when dealing with a foreign competitor.

Are the 7 places in the Capital Dominican owned? They are priced too high.

Rubicon
12-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Are the 7 places in the Capital Dominican owned? They are priced too high.
Can't say I know much about the Capitol.

WickedWillie
12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
So.... from what I’m reading this place in Cabarete is a Huge Success & it’s the new spot to be seen at ?!?
Mission accomplished.
Next...

He was closed last night.:biggrin:

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Can't say I know much about the Capitol.

Got to be money laundering since they don't care about making money.

WickedWillie
12-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Stunningly useful and informative comments like this help.:lol:

JD426
12-04-2011, 12:37 PM
me thinks Discretion is not so much in Sidneys Vocab.:rofl:
Like when you're having breakfast with your chica and he asks u in front of her what your ISOC handle is. LOL

deezl
12-04-2011, 12:38 PM

saturday night chica mass exodus over to sosua, probably.

JuanElGriego
12-04-2011, 12:42 PM

I knew 'under 3 and a half months' was a good bet but i never thought 'under 3 and a half hours' would have won money too!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

He'll reopen for a bit with different girls, different pricing (like i predicted), and a lil' more humble ... but when he sees it's still more trouble than its worth, he'll shut it down. Maybe he'll look for a sucker to buy it so as to not completely get soaked but it'll be tough, though that other genius at The Hideaway found an American to take that place off his hands so you never know.

JuanElGriego
12-04-2011, 12:46 PM

He aint BOD for nuthin'!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Booyaka , Booyaka!!!! :corky:

deezl
12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I knew 'under 3 and a half months' was a good bet but i never thought 'under 3 and a half hours' would have won money too!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

He'll reopen for a bit with different girls, different pricing (like i predicted), and a lil' more humble ... but when he sees it's still more trouble than its worth, he'll shut it down. Maybe he'll look for a sucker to buy it so as to not completely get soaked but it'll be tough, though that other genius at The Hideaway found an American to take that place off his hands so you never know.

Ray's from Canada, eh.

JuanElGriego
12-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Ray's from Canada, eh.

The new owner? I thought he was from Baltimore?

deezl
12-04-2011, 12:55 PM
The new owner? I thought he was from Baltimore?

There are three guys, Ray (Britannia Pub) is Canadian, Ira's from Balty-more, not sure about the other dude but I think he's also Canadian, eh.

JuanElGriego
12-04-2011, 12:59 PM
There are three guys, Ray (Britannia Pub) is Canadian, Ira's from Balty-more, not sure about the other dude but I think he's also Canadian, eh.

Yeah, Ira was who i was referring to. Seems like a nice enough fellow. Wish him well.

jose1234
12-04-2011, 02:30 PM

I have no useful amount of information and it could well have been a mass esodus of Chicas, but do not also discount other factors such as government people looking for fees no one expected costing thousands of dollars. Also, influential and wealthy people in the area could have requested (persuaded) intervention by the national police to shut the place down or find an under-age girl that happened to be walking on the property.

There are many obscure laws just waiting for the greedy official or police person to enforce. Or...the owners quickly realized that their business plan just will not work. While in Sosua, one might think that this is a godless country with less morals, but I found lots of very religious people who would not want a strip club opening in Cabarete. I believe there were four of them here in 2002 and all were shut down, according to some people I've talked with...???

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 02:32 PM
I believe there were four of them here in 2002 and all were shut down, according to some people I've talked with...???

There were three.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I have no useful amount of information and it could well have been a mass esodus of Chicas, but do not also discount other factors such as government people looking for fees no one expected costing thousands of dollars. Also, influential and wealthy people in the area could have requested (persuaded) intervention by the national police to shut the place down or find an under-age girl that happened to be walking on the property.

Hell they wanted $150 an hour so everyone wanted a piece of that pie.

JD426
12-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Hell they wanted $150 an hour so everyone wanted a piece of that pie.

What Pie ?? :rofl: Oh ,The Feather Pie .
LOL

(u know, from the old saying, some days you get the chicken, some days you get feathers)

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 02:44 PM
What Pie ?? :rofl: Oh ,The Feather Pie .
LOL

(u know, from the old saying, some days you get the chicken, some days you get feathers)

Hey they caught wind of the prices and wanted their piece upfront before these guys went bust. 3.5 hours must be a record.

jose1234
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Hey they caught wind of the prices and wanted their piece upfront before these guys went bust. 3.5 hours must be a record.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: We will hear what really happened soon... Hate to hear about anyone failing especially me, but being high profile and in that business...well you become a target that is for sure... I always thougth Fred at Cuba Libra had a good concept...although he let his place deteriorate a bit too much... I mean Fred has a stable of about four Chica/putas he can tap every day and from a basic management perspective, that is about the most any normal guy can handle... He is not making a lot of money, but he keeps a low profile and does his thing in relative peace...except for the occasional asshole or stupid drunk like me...LOL

Sidney
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
me thinks Discretion is not so much in Sidneys Vocab.:rofl:
Like when you're having breakfast with your chica and he asks u in front of her what your ISOC handle is. LOL
I am very sorry and apologize if i committed that error. Certainly, it was not intentional!

JD426
12-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I am very sorry and apologize if i committed that error. Certainly, it was not intentional!
It's quite ok.. it was more funny than anything else ... I was like "you really think Im gonna tell HER that" ? LOL So I just said I never even heard of "that" site...
You a cool dude in person and I would enjoy speaking with you in the future, SIN chica perhaps ... LOL

Irie
01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Things have been awefully quiet about this place lately...hmm???

Hey WW, any new happenings in the last couple of months?

I know there were more struggles trying to get this one off the ground back in early December (and some great stories too btw).

A chica FB'd me recently about possibly "dancing" in Cabarete but wouldn't elaborate further.

Is Exotica still making a go of it?

Tiger
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
We may head to cabrette tomrrow. I will check it out.

BorisDaBulletDodger
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Would like to take a trip up there and fod next week, and would like to know as well

lonesoul
01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Would like to take a trip up there and fod next week, and would like to know as well

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Tiger
01-20-2012, 06:40 AM
We were in cabrete and stopped in on way back about 4:30 and it was closed. Some sitting out back said it opened at 7:00. The door was wide open so we in to take a look see. It looked nice and clean. Thats about I can say as no chicas or prices were around.........sorry.

cosi66
01-20-2012, 07:41 AM
I went to WHITEBEARDS, formerly Field of Dreams, Fiesta Fantasy Resort, Mustang Ranch, and initially Field of Dreams, for breakfast the other day, and one of the guests told me to drop by for a welcome BBQ this Saturday. I asked him if there was really a new owner. He said yes, and he's sitting over there in the corner.

The guest said pork, hamburgers and sausage would be offered. I guess it will be a daytime affair, commencing at noon and lasting until about six.

I asked him if the beer woud still be 70 pesos and he said yes.

As I walked past the new dominican owner there were some rumblings about a traditional Hawaiian style luau, with dominican chicas emulating Hawaiian Hula dancers, but do I think he can succeed in pulling this off his very first week-end? Well don't get your hopes up.

We are seeing two, three days of sunshine in Puerto Plata for the first time in weeks. Anybody have any other ideas for the week-end?

boxaholic
03-08-2012, 12:36 AM
hey guys, im headed out to sosua for a few days and was wondering if this place had fully gone belly up or not.

jose1234
03-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I have not been there, but their advertisement indicates they open at 8pm every night (not 7pm).

eastcoastallstar
05-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Is this place still in operation?

WickedWillie
05-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Is this place still in operation?

No..didn't even last 3 months!!!

JDR
05-15-2013, 08:04 AM
No..didn't even last 3 months!!!

I am shocked!