PDA

View Full Version : Info for Hotel residencia Genova

sailor02
11-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Does anyone have the contact infoormation for this hotel. I've read on this forum that it is located near Pacos on El conde. A website, telephone numberor any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks, sailor02

ykg3000
12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Hotel La Residence
Calle Danae No. 62
Gazcue, Santo Domingo
809-412-7298/809-412-7299

The hotel is ok. The rooms are a little small. However it is cheaper than the jaragua and the intercontinental hotels. It is also guest friendly. Overall a nice hotel.

Drjetman
12-03-2006, 04:46 PM
They have 2 kinds of accomadations.Rooms and apartments.The rooms I believe are $22 and the Apartments are $32.00.I've only stayed in the apartments and they were fine.The floors are new tile and the kitchen includes a cooking area and fridge.All the apartments are different but I've stayed in several and I was happy with each one.There is ac and a plantar so you don't have to worry about blackouts.
The location is great right next to Paco's.The manager Luis lives on site.There is no front desk so there is no problem bringing in the chicas.
If you have any other questions let me know.

RSMMAN
12-03-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.hotelresidencia.com/Pages/rates.html

Drjetman
12-03-2006, 05:03 PM
The Hotel Residence listed above is not the one on the Conde right next to Pacos.That one is located on Danae.The one you are asking about is Residence Genova,S.A,Conde 512,Tel 809-686-4590,Cell 809-884-5805.The managers name is Luis.He's a good guy.There is no front desk so there is no problem bringing in Chicas.There is no web site.
I always stay there after trying out many other hotels in SD.Incidentially,even though it is right next to Pacos it is not noisy there at all.
In deference to my buddy Chino,"Do I recommend it"? I sure do!

Apos
01-03-2007, 12:46 AM
which is the better location:

easiest to get to?
closest to the parada to boca chica?

are they the same prices at both locations?

The Hotel Residence listed above is not the one on the Conde right next to Pacos.That one is located on Danae.The one you are asking about is Residence Genova,S.A,Conde 512,Tel 809-686-4590,Cell 809-884-5805.The managers name is Luis.He's a good guy.There is no front desk so there is no problem bringing in Chicas.There is no web site.
I always stay there after trying out many other hotels in SD.Incidentially,even though it is right next to Pacos it is not noisy there at all.
In deference to my buddy Chino,"Do I recommend it"? I sure do!

They have 2 kinds of accomadations.Rooms and apartments.The rooms I believe are $22 and the Apartments are $32.00.I've only stayed in the apartments and they were fine.The floors are new tile and the kitchen includes a cooking area and fridge.All the apartments are different but I've stayed in several and I was happy with each one.There is ac and a plantar so you don't have to worry about blackouts.
The location is great right next to Paco's.The manager Luis lives on site.There is no front desk so there is no problem bringing in the chicas.
If you have any other questions let me know.

Hotel La Residence
Calle Danae No. 62
Gazcue, Santo Domingo
809-412-7298/809-412-7299

The hotel is ok. The rooms are a little small. However it is cheaper than the jaragua and the intercontinental hotels. It is also guest friendly. Overall a nice hotel.

RSMMAN
01-03-2007, 01:33 AM
http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/stodgo_map-lenin.pdf

Apos
01-03-2007, 01:35 AM
perfect, thanks...good old lenin. forgot all about this:corky:
http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/stodgo_map-lenin.pdf

bryan_sr
01-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Do Paco's apartments come in one bdrm or two brrm or both.
TIA

prtyr2
01-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Best location depends on what you are looking for. Hotel Residencia on Calle Danae is right across from the old Mona Lisa and is closer to Girls House, the old Elegante, lapsus, tabu and the jaragua while the other hotel mentioned near pacos is closer to el conde obviously. If you plan on crusing el conde for chicas during the day that may be a good option.

You can walk from one of these hotels to the other in about 20 minutes. I would not suggest making tha walk at night as it requires walking past a darkened cemetary. I do it all the time but still would not recommend it.

Pacos used to be killer for girl watching. It still is cool but not like the old days!

which is the better location:

easiest to get to?
closest to the parada to boca chica?

are they the same prices at both locations?