PDA

View Full Version : Tropical storm Emily

Butthunter
08-01-2011, 12:45 AM
I am seeing weather reports that a tropical storm is headed for the island. Anybody currently on the island have any current info on this. I am scheduled to land Weds. afternoon.

sopranostingray
08-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Beautiful morning, but things are about to change in the next 24 hours.

eldorob
08-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Here we go....Weather Thread (inside joke ButtHunter)

questner
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I am seeing weather reports that a tropical storm is headed for the island. Anybody currently on the island have any current info on this. I am scheduled to land Weds. afternoon.

S: Tropical Storm – wind speed between 39 MPH and 73 MPH
Should be able to land. Always confirm with your airline.

For future references:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

Puerto Plata airport (MDPP)

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/MDPP/weather

Hoseman
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
It is going directly over the island.

MrHappy
08-02-2011, 10:02 AM

Plan on getting wet. A lot.

yayow
08-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Plan on getting wet. A lot.

We have been getting wet all year especially the last two and a half months, it has been incredible, almost a bit of rain everyday, and a few times absolutely torrential. Everyone I have spoken to doesn't recall this much rain for this length of consistent time. But the weather has been fucked up all over the planet. Considering what some places has gone through this year, I feel very fortunate, that the worse I can say is that it has been wet.

questner
08-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Just a reminder to folks who don't know, in case of heavy rain, planes may not be allowed to land in POP - they land in Cibao or even further. From there you should take a bus.

psriches
08-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Looks like only the Capital (santo domingo) to the south will get hit sometime tonight and tomorrow!!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22847&d=1312368525
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22848&d=1312368527

yayow
08-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Arrived this afternoon en la capital, I thought it was a holiday or something because there were so few cars on the road, and people walking around. But I found out that many of the businesses closed early, to allow their employees to get home. Not many chicas around, spoke to a guy that's a regular and he said although he has many regulars that he deals with none wanted to venture out, even for his pesos. Don't know what the big fuss is, it will probably only be heavy rain, and that's been happening for months. 305 is closed but the Girls House and Sky High seem to be open.

SeaWeed
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
but the Girls House and Sky High seem to be open.
I think Yayow should go join the Hurricane Party with the Chicas at the Girls House.......

Butthunter
08-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Arrived this afternoon en la capital, I thought it was a holiday or something because there were so few cars on the road, and people walking around. But I found out that many of the businesses closed early, to allow their employees to get home. Not many chicas around, spoke to a guy that's a regular and he said although he has many regulars that he deals with none wanted to venture out, even for his pesos. Don't know what the big fuss is, it will probably only be heavy rain, and that's been happening for months. 305 is closed but the Girls House and Sky High seem to be open.

Just saw a report that said rain could be 6 to 20 inches, with deadly mudslides in some areas.

yayow
08-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Just saw a report that said rain could be 6 to 20 inches, with deadly mudslides in some areas.

Probably rain all day tommorrow so far it's been tame, a little rain, but nothing to write home about. Got a meeting tommorrow, hope the weather doesn't screw it up.