PDA

View Full Version : Can't book NG.

Blaster006
08-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this post. Since I'm a newbi i don't know where else to put this.

I have been trying to book a room with NG for the past several days. I call and leave my info, no response. I have sent at least 4 emails, no response. I really want to stay there but at this point I might have to pick another spot. My trip is gettin closer and I want to know if some of u guys can recommend another place in sosua?

I'm staying at BB for the first 2 days and based on what a lot of u guys said it's a cool spot but not one u would want to stay at for the whole trip. Sorry if the post is redudant any other ones. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks for any info.

adios
08-08-2011, 04:32 PM
terra linda, hotel d'piero, rockys, palms condos, el colibri, .....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?577-Sosua-Hotels-amp-Condos

Blaster006
08-08-2011, 04:57 PM
terra linda, hotel d'piero, rockys, palms condos, el colibri, .....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?577-Sosua-Hotels-amp-Condos

Ty, I was just looking at Rockies. Def like that place.

Blaster006
08-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Rockys is booked !!!

How far is Rockies from NG?

Jimmydr
08-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Rockys is booked !!!

How far is Rockies from NG?

200 second walk.

SeaWeed
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Rockys is booked !!!

How far is Rockies from NG?crawling distance.........

sporthobbyist
08-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I stopped staying at the NG since Wilfred left. They just do not respond to emails like he used to. Plus they always seem to be too booked to fit me in. Oh well.

last two trips i stayed at the TL.

It is alot more peaceful. You can still come and go with chicas. and they ALWAYS have vacancy. Nicer pool. Nicer resturant. Not as noisy as NG.

Give them a shot.

Blaster006
08-08-2011, 07:08 PM
crawling distance.........

I should be able to manage that

GTA
08-08-2011, 11:48 PM
I should be able to manage that
This is their E-Mail address (hotel.garden@codetel.net.do) I sent them a couple of e-mails yesterday and today & I have 3 rooms reserved (2 last month & one yesterday) for the last week of August. I understand they still have rooms available in the old wing on the second floor and the new wing for this month. No doubt that Wilfried was doing a wonderful job over there.

BorisDaBulletDodger
08-09-2011, 08:42 AM
NG email is very inconsistent, but usually will get a response within 48 hours. It depends who is working, the email address in the last post is what I use, and I've never had any problems except for the response times.

Also remember when they tell you 3 bedroom, it is actually 3 beds in one room, not a 3 seperate bedroom suite.

papirazzi
08-09-2011, 01:13 PM
200 second walk.

200 seconds......if your slow! :rofl:

But honestly Blaster, you can try Sosua Suites, right across the street from Rocky's or D'Piero...but my honest favorite is Terra Linda, which is everything Sporthobbyist said and then some. It's my "Go To" place if the villa's aren't an option.

SeaWeed
08-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Sosua Bay sounds pretty good for $35/night.....
NG is great if you like a Frat house atmosphere which isn't bad if it's your first time....

papirazzi
08-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Sosua Bay sounds pretty good for $35/night.....
NG is great if you like a Frat house atmosphere which isn't bad if it's your first time....

I think Sosua Bay has a no chica rule or something along those lines...correct me if I'm wrong.

gdogg
08-10-2011, 01:56 AM
I think Sosua Bay has a no chica rule or something along those lines...correct me if I'm wrong.

Theres a chica section...but I hear it comes with smirks and side eyed stares from staff and other lodgers.
:lol:

Greenthumb
08-10-2011, 07:12 AM
I sent the N G. Three emails in the past two weeks with no reply. So I booked the adult side of Sosua Bay. We reserved rooms in the adult section building #5. I did get an AI package. They said they do allow one guest per room at no charge. The way I understand it only half of resort allows guests. I guess I will just have to put up with the stares... Lol..!! Last month had a 19 yr old stay with this 47 yr old at a Punta Cana AI for a couple of days (big hassle) so I'm getting used to the glares from the fat middle aged wives. The smiles on the gawking husbands faces are priceless!!!

Greenthumb
08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Anybody got any recent experience with the Sosua Bay? I see it has got a lot of mixed reviews. My wings first trip to the DR and he is kind of laid back. I thought the NG might be a little wild for him, plus the ocean view sounds nice. Sure hope it ain't to bad bringing chicas back!!

dquick
08-10-2011, 07:27 AM
I sent the N G. Three emails in the past two weeks with no reply. So I booked the adult side of Sosua Bay. We reserved rooms in the adult section building #5. I did get an AI package. They said they do allow one guest per room at no charge. The way I understand it only half of resort allows guests. I guess I will just have to put up with the stares... Lol..!! Last month had a 19 yr old stay with this 47 yr old at a Punta Cana AI for a couple of days (big hassle) so I'm getting used to the glares from the fat middle aged wives. The smiles on the gawking husbands faces are priceless!!!

Let us know how your stay goes in Sosua Bay. At $35 a night, I will consider them for my next trip.

Blaster006
08-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Great info guys. Decided to go with TL. No ISOC discount :(
Not too worried about that. Anyone gonna be down there in late august?

SeaWeed
08-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Great info guys. Decided to go with TL. No ISOC discount :(
Not too worried about that. Anyone gonna be down there in late august?
nice place, but with no discount, that is a bummer........
this isn't high season either.....it's Hurricane Season......lol

brovo35
08-10-2011, 11:02 AM
nice place, but with no discount, that is a bummer........
this isn't high season either.....it's Hurricane Season......lol

They may not be honoring an ISOC discount, but they were offering Low Season rates of $60 recently which included tax and breakfast.

JD426
08-10-2011, 11:15 AM
U guys DO know that the TL owner and his daughter MONITOR this site, to figure out how much they can get away with charging New guys .. personally I like the restaurant a lot , but would NEVER stay in the Hotel, just based on his Effed up business Ethics of charging whatever he thinks he can get away with , meanwhile his occupancy is like less than 40%.

papirazzi
08-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Theres a chica section...but I hear it comes with smirks and side eyed stares from staff and other lodgers.
:lol:

:lol: then I'll pass....

papirazzi
08-10-2011, 11:39 AM
U guys DO know that the TL owner and his daughter MONITOR this site, to figure out how much they can get away with charging New guys .. personally I like the restaurant a lot , but would NEVER stay in the Hotel, just based on his Effed up business Ethics of charging whatever he thinks he can get away with , meanwhile his occupancy is like less than 40%.

Do Tell! The daughter monitors the site as well smh what is this world coming too?

Jimmydr
08-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Do Tell! The daughter monitors the site as well smh what is this world coming too?

Then they shouldn't wonder why the NG is full so often.

JD426
08-10-2011, 11:42 AM
when shes not chatting with her friends on Facebook or MSN..
she's a "Man a ger" LOL

Blaster006
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Rockys condos are cheaper than TL. What is the bigger diff between the 2?

Ie is it loud at night where the condos are?
Which has the better safe?

Since someone said TL monitors the site to see how much they can charge new guys. I'd rather not be the FNG and get shafted when I can have the same amenities at rockys condos for a cheaper price. Kind of rambled a bit, apologies.

macula
08-10-2011, 02:24 PM
They may not be honoring an ISOC discount, but they were offering Low Season rates of $60 recently which included tax and breakfast.

Yeah, I don't get the bashing. They're only $7 more expensive than NG and for me the quiet and peace of mind along with how well the grounds are maintained make it worth it. I just got quoted the same price I had during my last stay. So no complaints here. And after reading the last few trip reports it seems that people who have actually booked have gotten a consistent rate of $62 for the queen and $69 for the king if they pay cash. If the price is completely out of someone's budget then that's another thing.

macula
08-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Rockys condos are cheaper than TL. What is the bigger diff between the 2?

Ie is it loud at night where the condos are?
Which has the better safe?

Since someone said TL monitors the site to see how much they can charge new guys. I'd rather not be the FNG and get shafted when I can have the same amenities at rockys condos for a cheaper price. Kind of rambled a bit, apologies.

http://www.terralindaresort.com/

http://www.rockysbar.com/home.htm

:rolleyes:

Damn. Rocky's condos look nice as well. I never realized that was the place across from the restaurant.

Greenthumb
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I booked our rooms for November at Sosua Bay. Found them on vrbo. Must be someone with a timeshare deal. His name is Leon and he anwsers his email promptly. Price was right for all inclusive package and room is on chica friendly side of resort. I use vrbo to rent condos all of the time and Never had any problems. They offer a guarantee.

http://www.vrbo.com/363587

jim15687
08-24-2011, 10:18 AM
New garden has changed there email to hotel.garden@claro.net.do

Chief Papi Lindo
08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.terralindaresort.com/

http://www.rockysbar.com/home.htm

:rolleyes:

Damn. Rocky's condos look nice as well. I never realized that was the place across from the restaurant.

does rockies have king sized beds?

dquick
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
does rockies have king sized beds?

The condos across the street from the restaurant have king beds. Tradewind condos thru Rockies are queen beds.

Chief Papi Lindo
08-24-2011, 12:32 PM
The condos across the street from the restaurant have king beds. Tradewind condos thru Rockies are queen beds.

hmm..im intrigued..i may need to check them out!

el toro
08-24-2011, 05:08 PM

If you're talking about Sosua Suites I'll be there next month. I don't require a king, but it creates luxurious options. Just checked on the Rocky's site, but it didn't mention anything about the beds.

jimrock187
08-25-2011, 03:17 AM
I stopped staying at the NG since Wilfred left. They just do not respond to emails like he used to. Plus they always seem to be too booked to fit me in. Oh well.

last two trips i stayed at the TL.

It is alot more peaceful. You can still come and go with chicas. and they ALWAYS have vacancy. Nicer pool. Nicer resturant. Not as noisy as NG.

Give them a shot.

I agree. Im at terralinda now. Lorenzo still says hello. Sosua is lil slow from hurricane

Hoseman
08-25-2011, 03:23 AM
I agree. Im at terralinda now. Lorenzo still says hello. Sosua is lil slow from hurricaneMaybe it is good for us guys at BB's then:rofl:

jacknback
08-25-2011, 08:53 PM
If you get drunk at Rockies make sure you fall to the right on your way out the door and you may just end up at the NG.

That said,whatever happened to the search button???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

jacknback
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Son of a bitch..........my clock came back!!!:iconTU:

jacknback
08-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Son of a bitch..........my clock came back!!!:iconTU:

Oooops at least it did on the last post.:wtf1:

Kevy
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Oooops at least it did on the last post.:wtf1:

It will always be in the last post you make on any thread, you gotta calm down Jack.

givengo440
08-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Can't book New Garden... FUCK THE NEW GARDEN!!! Obviously the business is booming! Not from what I have seen when I was there but I guess things have picked up if they don't want your business.