PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Restaurant(next to Romanoff)

Sidney
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I had a very good meal there last night. Good service, low prices, well decorated, and a friendly owner.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JD426
08-11-2011, 10:34 AM
what kind of food, can you elaborate.. You live there and have all the free time in the world ... so a pic of the food would be nice too...
hint

Sidney
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
what kind of food, can you elaborate.. You live there and have all the free time in the world ... so a pic of the food would be nice too...
hint
Pizza and Italian food.:lol:

JD426
08-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Do they do anything with Pescado ? The italians usually have some skills when it comes to seafood. I would love to find a place where I can find some Conch (scungelli). Last time I had it was in the Capital, at a reputable place no less, I was SICK as a dog for 3 days and almost requiered Hospitalization, no fun.
That shit they carry around in plastic tubs on the beach, I would not feed to a Dog.

Oh, and since I know you are a STEAK expert.. since El Toro is closed, who do you think has the best steak in Town ???
La Finca does a nice Filet, but I asked for med rare and it came out still MOOING at me. but it was good. and The Langosta were kinda not on the fresh side for my taste, not when im paying top dollar like that.

Jimmydr
08-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Do they do anything with Pescado ? The italians usually have some skills when it comes to seafood. I would love to find a place where I can find some Conch (scungelli). Last time I had it was in the Capital, at a reputable place no less, I was SICK as a dog for 3 days and almost requiered Hospitalization, no fun.
That shit they carry around in plastic tubs on the beach, I would not feed to a Dog.

In Cabarete, there is a street leading to the caves and they have good seafood along there.

gdogg
08-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Pizza and Italian food.:lol:

No more food reviews for you...that was sad!!!

JD426
08-11-2011, 11:56 AM

If it doesnt involve the Politur hauling away his GFE Haitian chica ,, he aint elaboratin....
LOL

DASBOOTY
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I had a very good meal there last night. Good service, low prices, well decorated, and a friendly owner.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't know Sid. I walked by there several times and the place was empty.

I would just as soon go next door to Romanoff restaurant and have the pork shnitzel in mushroom sauce served with fried potato and onions :drool::drool:.

Very good lasagna at Romanoff as well. Huge portion for like 295 pesos.

Oh, fuck Avalon already :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Jimmydr
08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I would just as soon go next door to Romanoff restaurant and have the pork shnitzel in mushroom sauce served with fried potato and onions :drool::drool:.

Any pictures?

JD426
08-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't know Sid. I walked by there several times and the place was empty.

Very good lasagna at Romanoff as well. Huge portion for like 295 pesos.

Oh, fuck Avalon already :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

but I thought Romanoff only serves Shitty Hot Dogs, which you can get better at a Hockey game... ??

( yes, I have a LONG memory, i only play stupid , lol)

DASBOOTY
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Any pictures?

Sorry, I don't take a camera with me when I dine.

Romanoff restaurant can rest on it's own merits (good place to rent a room as well if I want to take a chica for a TLN, only $30.00 a day).

Romanoff has been around for a while. Haven't you been there before?

Jimmydr
08-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Romanoff restaurant can rest on it's own merits (good place to rent a room as well if I want to take a chica for a TLN, only $30.00 a day).

Romanoff has been around for a while. Haven't you been there before?

Yea, we walked in, took a look around, what a broken down place, and then went to this empty hotel near Rockies and called it home. Have you heard of the New Garden?

DASBOOTY
08-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Yea, we walked in, took a look around, what a broken down place, and then went to this empty hotel near Rockies and called it home. Have you heard of the New Garden?

Yeah, I know of it. I walked by it every day. Isn't that the hangout of the so-called street rats:wink:.

Jimmydr
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I know of it. I walked by it every day. Isn't that the hangout of the so-called street rats:wink:.

It was a very tranquil place back in 2005.:cheesygrin:

DASBOOTY
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
It was a very tranquil place back in 2005.:cheesygrin:

Well, it seems like it is tranquilo again. The last few trips whenever I walked by the NG there were very few or no chicas at all in there (this is no doubt due to the crackdown).

I remember in January 2010 I went to Sosua for a couple of weeks and the town was just overflowin' with chicas (day and night).

My buddy and I stopped in to NG one afternoon to have a few beers in the bar. These 2 chicas immediately sat down with us. The chica next to me was trying to get me to go out with her, but I didn't want to.

So I told her I had just had a complete massage and that "el guevo nesecita un decanso" (my dick needs a rest). She replies "descansas el guevo en mi boca" (you can rest your dick in my mouth):rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Hoseman
08-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Romanoff has been around for a while. Haven't you been there before?That is where I stayed most of my trips It was fine for what I was doing plus more more to spend on chicas I was going just about every month.

Hoseman
08-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't recall ever seeing anyone one in there it is always empty.

yayow
08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Oh, and since I know you are a STEAK expert.. since El Toro is closed, who do you think has the best steak in Town ??? ........

What:confused::confused::confused::confused: How long ago did this happen ????

JD426
08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
What:confused::confused::confused::confused: How long ago did this happen ????

Dont know when it happened exactly, but i think maybe like 2 months ago ?
They are supposedly renovating ? when I drove by like 7/27 ? , definitely closed ,maybe someone can verrty any activity in the last week or 2 ? , but it looked like nothing was going on in terms of renovations..

Sidney
08-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Oh, and since I know you are a STEAK expert.. since El Toro is closed, who do you think has the best steak in Town ???
La Finca does a nice Filet, but I asked for med rare and it came out still MOOING at me. but it was good. and The Langosta were kinda not on the fresh side for my taste, not when im paying top dollar like that.
Fish? After living in AR, I never eat beef in RD(maybe hamburgers).

JD426
08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Fish? After living in AR, I never eat beef in RD(maybe hamburgers).
Yes, u did tell me that at Rockys, I forgot, sorry....

Sidney
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
OK ! Have I been Banned?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

gdogg
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
OK ! Have I been Banned?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:lol:

I know that's your goal, but no.

FritoBandito
08-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Best steak I had in the DR was in Santiago, at that American wild western-themed restaurant at the bottom of the hill below the monument.....

psriches
08-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Best steak I had in the DR was in Santiago, at that American wild western-themed restaurant at the bottom of the hill below the monument.....Kukara Macura and Montezuma

FritoBandito
08-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Kukara Macura and Montezuma

That was it, Montezuma.....good food.....

Sidney
08-14-2011, 11:15 AM
”Avalon” fully renovated restaurant in Sosua

http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-3-300x225.jpg (http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-3.jpg)
http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-4-150x150.jpg (http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-4.jpg) http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-2-150x150.jpg (http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-2.jpg) http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-5-150x150.jpg (http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-5.jpg)

Avalon is a newly opened, fully renovated restaurant, specializing in Italian cuisine. The restaurant with its unique inrior design perfectly caters for both fine and casual dining. A variety of dishes are offered to suit everybody’s taste at very affordable prices.

Address: Calle Ajutamente, Sosua (next to “Romanoff” bar)

Dining: View the menu here. Avalon_menu (http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon_menu.pdf)

Apos
08-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Avalon is where the old Il Molino Restaurant was. They had AWESOME pizza! :corky:

gdogg
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Avalon is where the old Il Molino Restaurant was. They had AWESOME pizza! :corky:

They actually did. I only had it once, but it was good.

JD426
08-14-2011, 01:05 PM
That looks really nice... If they put the same effort into their menu, it may become a regular spot... That whole end of the street has a lot of potential.
If only that streeet were not ONE way.. it fucks everything up from Martinez you cant come in, unless you do it illegally, which Ive done many times. its a PITA to go all the way around to Super Super on PC

DASBOOTY
08-14-2011, 01:21 PM
”Avalon” fully renovated restaurant in Sosua

Avalon is a newly opened, fully renovated restaurant, specializing in Italian cuisine. The restaurant with its unique inrior design perfectly caters for both fine and casual dining. A variety of dishes are offered to suit everybody’s taste at very affordable prices.

Address: Calle Ajutamente, Sosua (next to “Romanoff” bar)

Dining: View the menu here. Avalon_menu (http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon_menu.pdf)

http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-5-150x150.jpg (http://www.nicepeoplenetworking.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Avalon-5.jpg)

This picture of the restaurant looks just like it was everytime I walked by............empty.

When in town I like to go to Bologna restaurant for pizza (which in fact is only a short distance away from Avalon).

But next time in town I will try it out. After I get my 'therapuetic' massage from Lucy at Figaro salon across the street from Avalon I will go for a pie.

donquixote
08-16-2011, 07:42 PM
great restaurant and very good food. I go at least twice a week when i am there. People say it is always empty,,possible if a few more would support them it would fill up. I suggest, give it a try one time and then you decide.