PDA

View Full Version : Cost Effective of All inclusives! Yahoo #5945

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:25 PM
From: "lovolt2001"
Date: Tue May 4, 2004 5:54 pm
Subject: cost effective

I dont know how many of you folks are drinkers but,think this
over. I found an all-inclusive hotel in Sousa for $127ppdo. now
thats for 3 nights, 4 days. Now I know they arent chica friendly.
Im not saying sleep there, still stay at the Palace. But thats 4
days of drinking and eating for $32 a day. The town of sousa is not
cheap. Hell a beer costs 2 bucks. I know that I would drink 15 of
them a day. There is my 30 bucks and I didnt even have dinner
yet. A bit of a bonus for AA miles junkies, 3000 miles for
signing up online. Thats 3000 closer to that free ticket back to
disneyland.

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:26 PM
From: "vagatom"
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 4:35 am
Subject: Re: cost effective

So then you would sitt innside Casa Marina with your bracelet, and
have all your drinks and food there ? Zipping lazy beer from those
colored plastic cups ? And then you will go out late at night and
hunting for the chicas without going to a bar or disco ? Find a girl
on the street and rent a room at Hotel Calypso or America ? Do your
business, and go back to the Casa Marina ?
Well, that's not for me, would not considered that a second.

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:28 PM
From: "the_Jayman"
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 9:39 am

No that's not what he is sying.

http://amhsamarina.com/resorts/casa_marina_reef/

I think this is actually a rather intriging idea.

Have a Full-Time room at the Palace and use the Casa Marina for the
food, booze and amenities. Looks like a fair amount of stuff is
included. Sailing, snorkling, not to mention the 4 bars.

But it looks like close to $100.00 per day.

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:29 PM
From: "darkberrytaster"
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 11:58 am

If it is actually $37 a day, you could no doubt get more than your
monies worth in food and booze. For me, the problem with this
arrangement would be that eating, drinking and recreational
activities are all things I enjoy doing in the company of a lovely
young lady. Also, check carefully into how much of the "ammenities"
are actually included in the price on a discount plan like this.

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:31 PM
From: Bennie
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 12:38 pm
Subject: Re: [IN SEARCH OF CHICAS] Re: cost effective

YEAH...if yu will ck the URL.....website

the price IS MORE than 100 a NITE, AND..BASED ON DOUBLE

(2 PEOPLE)....thats 200 A DAY...DAMN...thats a bunch to eat and

drink..

BUT..again...different strokes....different FOLKS..

not for my MONEY

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:32 PM
From: gere33982
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 1:15 pm

$30 per day for beer would certainly add to your vacation budget,
but if you are an alcoholic, then it might pay you to get your
supplies in a supermarket or other store and keep them (the beers)
in a fridge in your room. That way you can keep your blood alcohol
level above withdrawal levels without paying bar prices. What do you
do at home?

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:33 PM
From: "lovolt2001"
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 2:40 pm

I wouldnt sit around there all day. No way, thats not why I go down
there. But I would go for dinner, maybe a few drinks in the
afternoon with lunch. I,d have another room somewhere like the
palace to acually stay at. This idea was tossed out as a meal and
drinks plan, not for the hotel room. Some people like to hang at the
beach for a few hrs in the afternoon. I looked at the Resort
webpage. Your not wrong, it does say $100 a day. But if you go to
the AA webpage it says 3 nights$127ppdo
http://aav6.aavacations.com/Consumer/aavaccom.asp

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:34 PM
From: "Doug" <Scubaman>
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 4:56 pm

---
> Free food and booze is not worth the pyschological toll you pay
having to look at big ,fat, hairy German's in thongs all day around
the pool.

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:35 PM
From: "lovolt2001"
Date: Wed May 5, 2004 7:56 pm

ahahahahah Now thats the best reason I have heard against the
thought

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:36 PM
From: "kerschmi"
Date: Thu May 6, 2004 6:23 am

You think the big hairy americans/canadians are a nicer view? I don't
think so!

But anyway, on my way back to GERMANY from my Sosua adventure I
talked to a few people that spent their DR-days in that place. Check
that out: on your first day you get your table and at all the meals
you have to sit there (that's for dinner and breakfast). Plus,
mongers are allways looked down upon by AI-people. I'm trying to
imagine how I tell the nice middle age couple that sits next to me
how I spent last night. It actually could add some more fun to the
whole experience, but you wanna be there with a buddy.
This would probably be the perfect way to combine cheap food and
drinks with mongering: Go there with your buddy and share the room,
than the cheap rates apply:
"Pricing guide as of May 05, 2004: * Prices are per person, double
occupancy, mid-week arrival (excluding airfare and optional features)
and may vary with different room occupancy, different length of stay
and/or weekend arrival"
Than you rent 2 bang-rooms in the Palace or in another place and you
get the best of both worlds. Would also be an option when montezumas
revenge hits you. I dont know if I would enjoy beeing sick in the
Palace (I have to admit I did not stay there - only had a peak in one
afternoon).
Hell wouldn't it be fun, if a whole bunch of mongers had their
dinners and drinks there and would share their experiences form the
outside world of Sosua with the AI crowd. Could end in an uproar but
it would definitly worth it.
What do yous think?

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:37 PM
From: "the_Jayman"
Date: Thu May 6, 2004 9:56 am

Fuckin laughin my ass off at some of the posts this morning.

Imagine being at an AI and picture me and lovolt gettin hammered on
Presidents at breakfast talkin about the pigs we did last night while
JimmyDR is running around taking pictures of everyone's breakfast
plates and the buffet.

A little later some guys from the Europa cruise in on their "hogs"
still drunk from the night before for some breakfast cocktails and
tellin tales about how much they paid to stick it in some poor ho's
butt last night.

JDR4
05-06-2004, 02:38 PM
From: "darkberrytaster"
Date: Thu May 6, 2004 10:06 am

Kershmi,

I think the point was not that European tourists are any hairier or
uglier than North Americans, but that, no matter how hairy or fat
they are, they will wear those ridiculous thongs and fry themselves
in the sun all day. I realize this is a bit of a generalization
tell me it isn't true!

FreeWilly
05-11-2004, 09:15 PM
I think Dr Alias is right. So here is what I am planning to do.
Since my Dad is coming with me for the first week of this trip and he is not much into mongering, I decided to book a week at the Casa Marina Reef. For the 2 of us is going to cost $1589 including both airfares from Boston with an open return on Continental for me (my travel agent was able to get them to do that) for 7 AI nights at the resort. On our last trip together (Hawaii in 2000) I was averaging about $45/day for booze and $75/day for food for the 2 of us. On that trip for all the extra expenses I ended up paying about $1500 for 10 days above and beyond the Hotel and Airfare. Based on reports and advice (thanks JimmyDR) this resort has great pools, a decent beach, nice rooms and is close to town to see the other sights I came here for (DR Chicas!!). I figure that while I am here I will do all my eating and much of my drinking at the resort and get a second room every other day or so for mongering at the Palace or Europa or ?.
Then it's back to drinking, Eating, the beach and relaxing in a nicer room at the resort. So what if I can't bring the girls back to my room? Sometimes I need a break anyway!
I am not sure what I will do yet once he leaves, 4-5 days at Blackbeards is certain, but I will figure the rest out when the time comes...