PDA

View Full Version : Tips for newbie...

dijinn
12-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Friends

I am visiting DR for the first time and specifcally Boca Chica. I am not totally new to mongering as I had gone to Bangkok several times.. I need some tips from you guys so that I dont over pay or throw away money.. What I am looking for is tips as

- drinking ...places in BC with good prices and overpriced places where I can avoid them

- Food -- same as above.. I heard DaNancy has good rates for food..

and any general good tips based on your mongering experience!:smile:

Jimmydr
12-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Always order from a menu noting exactly how much the items are.

ajax718
12-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Tips for Boca Chica.......

Drinking- Do not buy any drinks from guys on the beach who work for the restaurants, you will get ripped off. Cheapest way to drink is bring a cooler and buy beers at the supermarket on El Duarte.

Food- Check prices before buying anything at restaurants. Best place to buy breakfast is at an outdoor restaurant directly to the left of "La Isla Bonita" on El Duarte.

Chicas- No need to go to any of the houses. They have overpriced ugly chicas. During the day, there are chicas walking around at the beach and on the streets. At night go to the club "Route 66" located on El Duarte.
- Prices- Day- no more than 1000 pesos. All night- no more than 1500.

elsucio
12-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Drinking - get a room and stock fridge, drinking at beach hang at Playa Vista, never had a problem there and always some cool people to hang and talk with and a very good place to watch the chicas, especialy on the weekends. in the evening just stroll Duarte. Food - Daphtang(sp) near Isla Bonita has decent food, also Fernados, DaNancy, Italy Italy. For cheap eats try el Rincon Tropical (Dominican food and most of the chicas eat there). high end maybe Neptuno's and theres always Burger King Chicas- during the day the beach is a good spot, also just walk around, they will find you. careful of chicas in the park as many are underage or addicts, at night the lobby of your hotel, depending.. any of the clubs and restaraunts on Duarte. the casa's in Boca seem to be clip joint for the AI's but you can occasionaly do okay if you can speak spanish, have negotiating skills and be prepared to takeor leave it