PDA

View Full Version : Great find - Gabriel Taxi

novionomo
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
I recently returned from Santo Domingo. I called a local taxi service to take us to the Las Lagunas Golf club one day and a driver named Gabriel picked us up in his late model Toyota. He charged only 400 pesos for the 45 minute ride from the Malecon.

During the drive we spoke about the local baseball game that evening and I suggested he get me a couple of tickets. Gabriel, it turns out used to play in the the Phillies organization farm system. He speaks near flawless english.

When he returned he gave my money back and told me the tickets were sold out for the game between Santo Domingo and Santiago and the scalpers wanted over 2000 per ticket. He suggested we go with him and his girlfriend that evening to a sports bar.

He picked us up at 7pm and took us to a club names "The base" where we watched the game. While there David Ortiz was in the house! And I got my picture taken with him!

Later Gabriel took us to dinner at a locals car wash / restaurant and then to a disco named Eclipse. I highly recommend Gabriel to the members of this board. He is very familiar with all of the casas in town and was honest with me in all things.

His contact numbers are 829-878-6464 and 809-661-9403. If you need an honest english speaking taxi driver in Santo Domingo, call Gabriel.

prtyr2
12-12-2006, 10:27 AM
La Base is all good. On Avenida Espana across from a huge Colmadon called Terminal. You can run into all sorts of ball players in the DR in fact years ago at the disco you mention Eclipse I hung with Pedro martinez. Eclipse is on avenida venezuela and you can walk from there to a bunch of other clubs. Avenida venezuela rocks.

Cheeno
12-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Excellent information. Thank you for sharing them with us!!! :biggrin: