PDA

View Full Version : NYC SAYS F**K YOU IRENE...

blazaveli
08-26-2011, 07:06 PM
So all this talk about Irene hitting Sosua and parts of the carribean and I'm worried about my trip in 9/14 but now all of sudden NYC is getting shut down at 12pm tomorrow:confused::confused::confused:

Chances are it aint going to be much more than rain but the fact that shit is being shut down at noon is already killing my weekend vibe :mad::mad:

Vent central on this post. If you in nyc are sorrounding areas that is under the storm watch vent with us.

blazaveli
08-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Must be serious if I'm getting this from my building management.

Dear Tenant:

As you may know, NYC Officials and the Office of Emergency Management (OEM) has issued a hurricane watch for this weekend and is forecasting Hurricane Irene to make land fall on the eastern coast of Long Island and the NYC boroughs on Sunday.

While the forecast remains uncertain, there is a possibility that New York City may experience Category I hurricane (sustained winds of 74-95 mph and heavy rains) or strong tropical storm (sustained winds of 40 to 74 mph and heavy rains) conditions on Saturday and Sunday. We have been in contact with the OEM and are advised that City Officials are preparing for Category I hurricane conditions which, amongst other things, include evacuation plans for residents living in low-lying areas and shutting down certain subway stations and tunnels susceptible to flooding.

Below are important procedures and helpful hints:

General Guidelines

• Prepare your Apartment:

1. Clear any personal belongings or other obstructions from exit routes within your apartment leading to egress
2. Clear and remove any personal belongings or other obstructions from the hallways outside your apartment (building staff will be instructed to remove anything stored in the hallways and service stairs no later than Friday). Please be advised that under no circumstances should any personal belongings ever be left in the building common areas
3. For those residents who have a balcony, terrace or roof cabana appurtenant to their apartment, bring in all loose, lightweight objects, furniture, personal belongings, toys, etc. For more bulky or heavier items, please tie down or anchor planter pots, furniture, and other personal belongings. Kindly make sure the drains on your terrace (if any) are clean. If you need help, contact your superintendant for help. Please be advised that even if kept clear, the volume and intensity of the projected rain totals may cause flooding conditions.
4. Close window & balcony doors

• Prepare an emergency kit which should include:

1. Nonperishable, ready to eat canned foods, water and manual can opener
2. Battery-operated AM/FM radio and extra batteries
3. Iodine tablets or one quart of unscented bleach (for disinfecting water ONLY if directed to do so by health officials) and eyedropper (for adding bleach to water)
4. Personal hygiene items: soap, feminine hygiene products, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
5. Hard line phone which does not require electricity
6. Child care supplies and other special items
7. Flashlight
8. First-aid kit
9. Whistle
Please contact XXXXXXX at (212) XXX-XXXX or via email at xxxxxxxxx to report any significant leaks or damage as soon as practically possible. In case of a serious emergency involving fire, life and limb, health or bodily injury, please call 911 immediately.

Thank you.

Irie
08-26-2011, 08:13 PM
F it. Grab some fine NYC chicas, a case of cervezas and head west. I'm sure Robert would enjoy the company. I'll bet he's even got room in his pop up for you.

Be safe.

Hunter
08-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I love number 9 - whistle.

Yeah blow your whistle and all of NYC emegency team will be there pronto :rofl::rofl:

officemgr
08-26-2011, 08:23 PM
i just saw a line of people waiting to get into a supermarket that was already jam packed with people. and all the stores are closing tomorrow because workers cant get home. we better get more than a little rain.

yayow
08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
i just saw a line of people waiting to get into a supermarket that was already jam packed with people. and all the stores are closing tomorrow because workers cant get home. we better get more than a little rain.

I always loved being in Manhattan at those times, when many others weren't there. Often times I would drive into the city after a snow storm (it would be so quiet and beautiful) and just find a nice place and hang for the day. NYC still the best city in the world, even though it won't be seeing much of me anytime soon.

blazaveli
08-26-2011, 11:40 PM

I didn't even get a chance to stock up yet... I'll make my trip tomorrow morning. hopefully its not too bad. Can't be worst than all the snow we got last winter.

eastcoastallstar
08-27-2011, 12:31 AM
So I'm here at one of the evacuation centers (working) we have about 30 people here, gotta say the city is doing thier due dilligence, but I know this shit is all for show, this aint gonna be bad at all.

FLORIDASUR
08-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Here in midtown enjoying the clubs and women ..... and yes a seasoned monger can spot the working girls and have plenty of fun here. Left Florida a few days ago thinking I had ditched the hurricane. But here it comes. It won't be much of a hurricane once it gets here. Down in Florida you all know people are used to serious hurricanes. As long as there is no rising water problem this storm won't do much with the winds and rain it will have. Get a chica for Saturday night and enjoy a hurricane party. I love Manhattan. No place else like it. Sosua is what we all love and know what it is. But Manhattan is another world.

princepointe
08-27-2011, 03:33 AM
AHHHH TEXAS. lol.

blazaveli
08-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Finally made it to the supermarket about an hour ago and it was flooded. There's almost nothing on the shelves. I justed wanted water. Had to go to two different supermarkets before I got lucky.

Ironic how I'm in the supermarket and people are running each other over for the last of whatever. All of sudden while these two ladies were running each other over with their shopping carts I hear Pitbull and Neyo's song at that exact moment Neyo singing these lyrics: "Give me everything tonight, For all we know we might not get tomorrow" Poetic coincidence? Who knows but I couldn't help but to laugh :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shit is crazy out here in Harlem.

blazaveli
08-27-2011, 01:03 PM
AHHHH TEXAS. lol.

One of my homegirls from back in the day who lives in Texas just called me out the blue talking bout don't take this as a joke since we're not used to it out here in nyc.

blazaveli
08-27-2011, 01:08 PM
So I'm here at one of the evacuation centers (working) we have about 30 people here, gotta say the city is doing thier due dilligence, but I know this shit is all for show, this aint gonna be bad at all.

I got the same feeling and I think you're right. Politicians can’t lose on this one cause if nothing happens it’s simply we did our due diligence. But definitely better save than sorry.

Westy
08-28-2011, 09:00 AM
I had my boat hauled and blocked, up well above previous flood-lines, on Friday. Might have been unnecessary, but - better safe than sorry.

Irene laid down about 4" of rain at Washington National Airport and 5" at Annapolis.

Hope the storm didn't "f**k up" New York City too badly.

blazaveli
08-28-2011, 11:41 PM
I had my boat hauled and blocked, up well above previous flood-lines, on Friday. Might have been unnecessary, but - better safe than sorry.

Irene laid down about 4" of rain at Washington National Airport and 5" at Annapolis.

Hope the storm didn't "f**k up" New York City too badly.

We're good for the most part. Few outages, few floods, few trees down but overall nothing big except MTA being shut down.

I got a day off from work tomorrow thanks to Irene so apparently she wasn't a horrible bi**h after all :corky:

eastcoastallstar
08-28-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm racking up 56 hrs of OT

So Irene is my bitch!

princepointe
08-29-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm racking up 56 hrs of OT

So Irene is my bitch!

Wait, are you at your job during all of this?

eastcoastallstar
08-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Wait, are you at your job during all of this?

Yep, since Friday at 3:00pm

princepointe
08-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Yep, since Friday at 3:00pm

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eastcoastallstar
08-29-2011, 01:10 AM
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

all the big dog bosses said the same. :iconTU: