PDA

View Full Version : 09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

FritoBandito
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
What was that about the new police being "chica friendly" on Sosua News the other day?!?!?!?!? After reading this article, he doesn't seem that way to me:
http://www.puertoplat****la.com/articles.php?art_id=7670&start=1

(http://www.puertoplat****la.com/articles.php?art_id=7670&start=1)POLITUR APRESA MUJERES EN EL MUNICIPIO DE SOSUA (http://www.puertoplat****la.com/articles.php?art_id=7670&start=1)
Publicado el : September 09, 2011 |

Unas 40 mujeres fueron apresadas en el municipio turístico Sosua, durante operativos llevado a cabo por oficiales de la Policía Turística (Politur).

La información la ofreció el capitán Jhonny Alberto Liranzo Bocio, quien dijo que las mujeres apresadas se dedicaban a molestar a los turistas que visitan esa zona turística.

El encargado de Politur en Sosua, señaló que los operativos continuaran para evitar que los turistas sigan siendo molestados y victimas de robos por parte de mujeres que se dedican a ejercer la prostitucion en ese lugar.

I thought that all politur were going to cease and desist their harassment of chicas in town???????????????????????????????:confused:

Interesting.......I will be anxious to see how many of what I call the "hardcore" chicas I'll see in the Merengue Bar on my first night back. The hardcore ones, are girls who I have seen in Merengue, night after night, after night.......month after month, year after year........they're the ones who start at one end of the bar and propostion every guy sitting there, working their way to the other end, until they get an offer........

I would suspect the majority will still be there, without mentioning specific names....(these are the girls I stay FAR away from)

My assumption would be that, at the present, the cops are harassing and arresting the new girls that come into town, because they probably can be easier to intimidate and extort money and sexual favors from.....but that is just my own speculation.....

el_papi_chew_low
09-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I talked to a good looking girl from Santiago that told me she got arrested in front of Clasicos about a week ago.

No Worries
09-11-2011, 08:59 PM
They were locking them up last week. In fact, I saw the police stop two couples and take the girls away from the men and walk them to the police station. (So there goes the idea that they are safe if they are walking with a tourist).

questner
09-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Unless girls have money and after a quota is filled arresting girls is pointless. Moreover, if there are no girls on the strip there is no money to extort, less money for businesses payouts etc.
In my August several weeks saw only one girl walked away to the station.
My guess is it's a new broom again.

Gutter Meat
09-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I've been here 3 nights and the girls can pretty much walk back and forth with no problems. So far I only saw 2 girls together get stopped last night in front of Bar Central. One girl showed her ID and she was allowed to go on her way. The other girl didn't have ID and she pretty much did a fast 180 toward Latinos and was not pursued.

Sidney
09-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Some recent experiences: 1.Poli-Pussy fighting and wresting a chica to the street. 2. Poli-Pussies arresting 3 chicas on P.C. 3. Poli-Pussy fighting a 9 year old child on the way to jail. 4.Poli-Pussy ''beach sweep'' for Haitianas. 5. AMRATS accosting a German National over a moto-concho parking violation. Their huge billy clubs were ready to kill him!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gutter Meat
09-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Well last night there were only about half the chicas out on the strip I would attribute it to the rain and being a Sunday. Left New Garden and turned the corner by fat Herman's and the new National police commander was their smoking a cigar. He was there must of the night and didn't bother any chicas. The tourist police were located between Latinos and Meringue bar and I seen them arrest at least 3 chicas.

DASBOOTY
09-12-2011, 11:38 AM
My assumption would be that, at the present, the cops are harassing and arresting the new girls that come into town, because they probably can be easier to intimidate and extort money and sexual favors from.....but that is just my own speculation.....

Anybody that was delusional about Sosúa returning to the good old days should read the above.

Prolly, at best, Sosúa will be only as good as it is now. At, worst, most of the chicas going there now will be scared off - leaving only the hardest of the hardcore..........and even those might be scared off after the 'dream team 92' makes their run through Sosúa:lol:.

Interesting.......I will be anxious to see how many of what I call the "hardcore" chicas I'll see in the Merengue Bar on my first night back. The hardcore ones, are girls who I have seen in Merengue, night after night, after night.......month after month, year after year........they're the ones who start at one end of the bar and propostion every guy sitting there, working their way to the other end, until they get an offer........

I agree with you that some of the girls in Merengue club have been there for years.
But, I wouldn't say they are all hardcore. I know quite a few of them and most them are decent girls just trying to make a living.

I would say the more hardcore ones are upstairs in Classicos - aggressive, pick-pockets etc.

And BTW, what is with the blue text? It is really irritating on the eyes:rofl::rofl:.

FritoBandito
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Anybody that was delusional about Sosúa returning to the good old days should read the above.

Prolly, at best, Sosúa will be only as good as it is now. At, worst, most of the chicas going there now will be scared off - leaving only the hardest of the hardcore..........and even those might be scared off after the 'dream team 92' makes their run through Sosúa:lol:.

I agree with you that some of the girls in Merengue club have been there for years.
But, I wouldn't say they are all hardcore. I know quite a few of them and most them are decent girls just trying to make a living.

I would say the more hardcore ones are upstairs in Classicos - aggressive, pick-pockets etc.

And BTW, what is with the blue text? It is really irritating on the eyes:rofl::rofl:.

Muy lo siento.........I thought it would be an appropriate color given the somewhat depressing situation in Sosua......:)

jose1234
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Great reports, I can second the recent reports on the ground.

Sidney
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
And of course the ''vermin'' are free = drug dealers, chulo's, pickpockets, hard core ho's, street hustlers, etc.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dquick
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
..........and even those might be scared off after the 'dream team 92' makes their run through Sosúa:lol:.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

eldorob
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I thought that all politur were going to cease and desist their harassment of chicas in town???????????????????????????????:confused:

They are going to de-puta Pedro Clisante. It is what it is.

elmudo
09-12-2011, 10:15 PM

That just fucking sucks..so at this point next year no more chicas on PC? I guess I better start making a trip every month instead of every year before this becomes a sweet distant memory

steviewonder
09-12-2011, 11:27 PM

Actually if u think about it, they're messing with the only welfare system in place for the DR:eek:

el toro
09-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Since last December there's been a roller coaster of negativity followed by hype then more negativity. Thankfully when I went in March I had reason to believe the positive hype rather than the scarcity negative thinking. While PC wasn't flooded with chicas during the day, there were enough and more than enough on any given night. I believe from 9/14-9/21 there will be plenty for us. Peace and hair grease.

DASBOOTY
09-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Actually if u think about it, they're messing with the only welfare system in place for the DR:eek:

True, but Sosúa is just a small fabric of the prostitution infrastructure of the DR.

Casas, brothels, etc are throughout the country. And of course there are the part-time chicas (eg. university students) who hook for extra cash. The majority of men served by prostys in the DR are Dominican men living in the DR.

Ending open air prostitution in Sosúa prolly won't make much of a dent in the revenue generated by prostitution in the country as a whole. So that welfare system will still be intact.

And most of the prostys who work in the Su come from somewhere else on the island (Santo Domingo, Santiago, Barahona etc.) If they can't work in the Su than they will go hook somewhere else - I mean, what else are they gonna do:dontknow:.

I remember talking to a Dominican friend who lives in Puerto Plata. I commented to him "There are a lot of putas in POP, right" and he replied "En todo del pais":rofl::rofl::rofl:.

steviewonder
09-13-2011, 01:11 AM
True, but Sosúa is just a small fabric of the prostitution infrastructure of the DR.

My comment was in general for the DR, not exclusive to Sosua. Apart from a certain area in Bavaro, Sousa is probably #2 with what chicas average from most visitors. What they get from locals is another matter which is in most cases couldn't buy a 300gr bag of leche for the baby:eek:

FritoBandito
09-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Same story as I posted above, but translated with added embellishments:
http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

Friday night, September 9th, the Tourist Police (Politur) raided the bars of the Pedro Clisante street again. The police arrested more than 40 women and brought them to the police station were they had to spend the night in a filthy cell. The commander of the police Johnny Alberto Liranzo Bocio, justified the action by saying that the ladies harassed tourists. Also, there were thought to be pickpockets, among the women, who had recently robbed some tourists. Through this action it seems that the policy of being a bit more tolerant in the past few weeks has been broken again. Since a committee of the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health (Salud Público) had visited Sosúa, the policy of the police had been more cautious.

But with this wave of arrests last Friday, it seems that the repressive policies have returned.

http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2011/09/09-13_razzia.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2011/09/09-13_razzia.jpg) Politur arrested 40 women

FritoBandito
09-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Next step, reinstalling the privacy wall again at Latinos......hahahahah........:rofl:

How Dominican officials operate: take one step forward, then three steps back......

......surprise!!!!!! No progress made at all.........duh...............:lol:

uncle ruckus
09-13-2011, 02:10 AM
It seems to be a nationwide thing. Leonel just appointed a new head of police to restore order and reduce delinquency. Santiago looks like a city under martial law with all the police cars and officers wandering around. They're almost on every corner.

yayow
09-13-2011, 04:04 AM
total craziness, just got off the phone w/ chica I spent two nights with while in Sosua she was in a panic because she just got picked up. unfortunately I am in santo domingo now; can't be of much help. they may of figured out a way to seriously slow down prostitution in Sosua, based on what she was saying I doubt you will see her there again for a while.

DCIronman
09-13-2011, 08:29 AM
It seems to be a nationwide thing. Leonel just appointed a new head of police to restore order and reduce delinquency. Santiago looks like a city under martial law with all the police cars and officers wandering around. They're almost on every corner.

Okay now this really sucks. This shit is starting to affect the areas where I like to play. Damn!:mad:

Gutter Meat
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Same story as I posted above, but translated with added embellishments:
http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

Friday night, September 9th, the Tourist Police (Politur) raided the bars of the Pedro Clisante street again. The police arrested more than 40 women and brought them to the police station were they had to spend the night in a filthy cell. The commander of the police Johnny Alberto Liranzo Bocio, justified the action by saying that the ladies harassed tourists. Also, there were thought to be pickpockets, among the women, who had recently robbed some tourists. Through this action it seems that the policy of being a bit more tolerant in the past few weeks has been broken again. Since a committee of the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health (Salud Público) had visited Sosúa, the policy of the police had been more cautious.

But with this wave of arrests last Friday, it seems that the repressive policies have returned.

Click to see pic (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2011/09/09-13_razzia.jpg) Politur arrested 40

women

I have no idea what Sosua news is talking about. I was out on the strip all Friday night and didn't see any chicas get arrested. Not one and I was back and forth bar hoping. That picture they posted must be old. Sunday night I did see girls getting arrested but it was no big raid. Just the police standing in between Latinos and Clasicos checking ID's.

DASBOOTY
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I have no idea what Sosua news is talking about. I was out on the strip all Friday night and didn't see any chicas get arrested. Not one and I was back and forth bar hoping. That picture they posted must be old. Sunday night I did see girls getting arrested but it was no big raid. Just the police standing in between Latinos and Clasicos checking ID's.

Screw all this negative publicity. They want us to read this shit and scare us from going there.

I am not gonna let this affect my plans. I've got a couple trips in the making within the next 4 months to the Su and I know I will be able to find poontang there. And I have some numbers too:iconTU:.

I hope you are reading this.......... mayor Iliana:rofl:.

elmudo
09-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Screw all this negative publicity. They want us to read this shit and scare us from going there.

I am not gonna let this affect my plans. I've got a couple trips in the making within the next 4 months to the Su and I know I will be able to find poontang there. And I have some numbers too:iconTU:.

I hope you are reading this.......... mayor Iliana:rofl:.

Hear ye hear ye...I also have some trips coming up and I will not let the poli-pussy's scare me from going there and putting my hard earned money to mongering use

yayow
09-13-2011, 12:51 PM
You guys are right, it shouldn't effect your planned trips, there were plenty of chicas there this past weekend and I am sure there will be plenty there when you guys get there as well. Maybe not as many but plenty to choose from, I know that I tend to forget about the little town up north as I go about my daily life, but as I told my boy Fred, I will put a conscious effort to making sure I spend a little more time in Sosua, there are good people up there, and still a lot of fun to be had, with some really fine chicas.

Ram
09-13-2011, 01:37 PM

I am getting so tired of the sky is falling stuff. Thanks Gutter Meat, I trust the on the ground reports more than the media crap floating around. I have been in Sosua 3 times since November and it has not slowed down my fun...yeah it's a bit slower but still had a blast. Chicken Little would fit right in.....

FritoBandito
09-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I think Sosua had hit its peak, as far as mongering goes, 2 -3 years ago. Gone is having to "walk the gauntlet" of pussy from the Merengue Bar down to the Bermuda Bar.

No doubt you can still get booty with ease in Sosua, but the selection and quality ain't quite what it used to be......I'm afraid the real "Wild West" days of Sosua have passed...

Everytime I walk Pedro Clisante and the beach, I can't help thinking how it used to be.....

SeaWeed
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I think Sosua had hit its peak,

Gone is having to "walk the gauntlet" of pussy from the Merengue Bar down to the Bermuda Bar.

the selection and quality ain't quite what it used to be......I'm afraid the real "Wild West" days of Sosua have passed...

Everytime I walk Pedro Clisante and the beach, I can't help thinking how it used to be.....
glad I got to experience it two years ago........it really made Sosua what it was......
if it wasn't for all the hookers in Sosua, I would have been bored to tears there.......

now it's just a regular Caribbean tourist trap with some bars and hookers.....
without the massive amount of hookers the business's in Sosua are down the toilet......
as is the mongering......if may come back someday.....but not for years and years

DASBOOTY
09-13-2011, 04:39 PM
glad I got to experience it two years ago........it really made Sosua what it was......
if it wasn't for all the hookers in Sosua, I would have been bored to tears there.......

now it's just a regular Caribbean tourist trap with some bars and hookers.....
without the massive amount of hookers the business's in Sosua are down the toilet......
as is the mongering......if may come back someday.....but not for years and years

It will prolly never come back to like it was in it's heyday!

Word is out now to any girls on the island-that were thinking about going there to earn money-that they will get their asses busted if they go.

And businesses have closed around town. PJs and the restaurant behind it are closed. I was told PJs closed temporarily because of the slow season, but now I think it closed because the economy of Sosúa is down......period.

And with the world economy looking like it is going into another downturn......it will prolly get worse in the Su.

elmudo
09-13-2011, 04:46 PM

Word is out now to any girls on the island-that were thinking about going there to earn money-that they will get their asses busted if they go.

And businesses have closed around town. PJs and the restaurant behind it are closed. I was told PJs closed temporarily because of the slow season, but now I think it closed because the economy of Sosúa is down......period.

And with the world economy looking like it is going into another downturn......it will prolly get worse in the Su.

Yes but as the world economy goes down, don't cute chicks need to feed their families..I'd expect mongering to continue in Sosua. Girls who need to make money will keep coming there as long as they know mongers are there no? The need to make money and feed their kids is for real..this is why I plan on going each month for the next 3 months.

But yes I agree with all that it will never be like the old days..until they get a new mayor

DASBOOTY
09-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Yes but as the world economy goes down, don't cute chicks need to feed their families..I'd expect mongering to continue in Sosua. Girls who need to make money will keep coming there as long as they know mongers are there no? The need to make money and feed their kids is for real..this is why I plan on going each month for the next 3 months.

But yes I agree with all that it will never be like the old days..until they get a new mayor

Yeah, as long there are mongers the chicas will keep coming, but it prolly will be the same chicas who have been plying the trade in the Su for the last 2-3 years. Not much new talent coming in.

That being said, it is still a good place to go to get poontang at a reasonable price. Just look at the high prices the guys are paying in Punta Cana/Bavaro for toto:icontd:.

elmudo
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, as long there are mongers the chicas will keep coming, but it prolly will be the same chicas who have been plying the trade in the Su for the last 2-3 years. Not much new talent coming in.

That being said, it is still a good place to go to get guys are paying in Punta Cana/Bavaro for toto:icontd:.

How much of the booty on a weekly basis is new? If out of the 200 chicas on a night even if only 10 are new than that's good enough for me. Sooner or later I will find the new snatch

DASBOOTY
09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
How much of the booty on a weekly basis is new? If out of the 200 chicas on a night even if only 10 are new than that's good enough for me. Sooner or later I will find the new snatch

Happy hunting :cheesygrin:!

yayow
09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
It is an interesting dilemma, however the reason why the Mayor can do this is because many of her constituents that live in Sosua absolutely support her. Spoke to a few that I knew while there about the situation, and I kept hearing things like: this will improve Sosua, and that they support it because before they couldn't walk the streets after a certain hour with their wives and children because of drunk ill behaved mongers, who would hit on their wives and curse etc. in front of their children.

Not really what we want to hear, but the other side of the coin, for those that live there. I know when I lived there and my daughter came to visit me on occasion, I had to avoid certain areas of the town, and I had to have my daughter at home by the time darkness came because I didn't want her exposed to certain things. Their main thing from talking to a few is that they didn't want to stop prostitution, they just wanted it behind closed doors, and not having the putas stopping traffic, and causing an eyesore, and promoting pick pocketing etc.

Seville
09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
I always disliked the gauntlet. The first time it was a novelty. The third time I was like; "Get your fucking hands off me". And yayow is right. They are just trying to get it more out of your face, not get rid of it. As a guy that lives here I prefer the streets clearer and less hustlers and shit. The chicas are always here.

eldorob
09-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I ain't no Chicken Little, facts are facts.

And most of you guys are missing a couple important facts. They're not importing the chicas off the island. They're still there and still want your pesos.

And they haven't made prostitution illegal.

They're taking Pedro Clisante back, and cleaning up other downtowns. Yeah, they'll be ups and downs, good nights and bad nights.

Get your heads outa the sand.

FritoBandito
09-13-2011, 05:31 PM
It is an interesting dilemma, however the reason why the Mayor can do this is because many of her constituents that live in Sosua absolutely support her. Spoke to a few that I knew while there about the situation, and I kept hearing things like: this will improve Sosua, and that they support it because before they couldn't walk the streets after a certain hour with their wives and children because of drunk ill behaved mongers, who would hit on their wives and curse etc. in front of their children.

Not really what we want to hear, but the other side of the coin, for those that live there. I know when I lived there and my daughter came to visit me on occasion, I had to avoid certain areas of the town, and I had to have my daughter at home by the time darkness came because I didn't want her exposed to certain things. Their main thing from talking to a few is that they didn't want to stop prostitution, they just wanted it behind closed doors, and not having the putas stopping traffic, and causing an eyesore, and promoting pick pocketing etc.

I wouldn't be surprised that some mongers hit on Illana in town, before she was mayor, which probably made her so vindictive against mongers today......she got to experience first-hand what it was like to be a single woman walking down Pedro C. and dealing with rude foreign men........

.......it's always the jerk-off minority who always ruin it for the well-mannered majority............

elmudo
09-13-2011, 05:58 PM
"taking back Pedro clisante" does that mean havens like classicos/merengue will be closed or that they are going to usher the chicas into these havens, into my loving arms??!!

DASBOOTY
09-13-2011, 06:28 PM
"taking back Pedro clisante" does that mean havens like classicos/merengue will be closed or that they are going to usher the chicas into these havens, into my loving arms??!!

:rofl::rofl: I am not sure about the 'into your loving arms' part.

Prolly more like 'into your loving wallet':rofl::rofl:.

psriches
09-13-2011, 07:30 PM

Not really what we want to hear, but the other side of the coin, for those that live there. I know when I lived there and my daughter came to visit me on occasion, I had to avoid certain areas of the town, and I had to have my daughter at home by the time darkness came because I didn't want her exposed to certain things. Their main thing from talking to a few is that they didn't want to stop prostitution, they just wanted it behind closed doors, and not having the putas stopping traffic, and causing an eyesore, and promoting pick pocketing etc.Yayow is absolutely correct with everything he said.

I just think it's a little difficult for most members of this board to relate because they are unaware and not exposed to the "regular" Sosua town residents that have no connection to the Red Light scene.

Many are regular 9 to 5 working individuals with families. Their kids go to the local private schools. The kids have class trips, school dances, graduations, etc just like in our countries. The parents work, pay their taxes, light bills, food shop, go on vacations, etc just like we do. They go to the movies, restaurants, malls, etc.

And there are hundreds of them that live within blocks of the Red Light action. But most mongers never see them. So although it seems like the local Politicians don't have support; they really do!!!

Entonce, the "tax paying" residents want the area cleaned up or the action at least isolated and controlled; similar to the way it is in Aruba.

FritoBandito
09-13-2011, 07:32 PM
:rofl::rofl: I am not sure about the 'into your loving arms' part.

Prolly more like 'into your loving wallet':rofl::rofl:.

Me SO horny, baby.....me love you LONG time.....me take pesos, euros, dollars, and credit cards.......Me SO horny, baby.....me love you LONG time......:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLUhlZa5fg

DCIronman
09-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Entonce, the "tax paying" residents want the area cleaned up or the action at least isolated and controlled; similar to the way it is in Aruba.

You definitely don't have to go all the way to Aruba. Just look at p4p in the rest of the DR. Maybe they just want the scene in Sosua to look like it does in the rest of the country.

I know that a lot of guys will miss the overall party atmosphere that an open air p4p market brings. But I personally have a lot of fun in the other areas of the DR where the scene is a lot more discrete.

officemgr
09-13-2011, 09:11 PM
i also want it cleaned up, isolated and controlled. it will prevent the amateur 'weekend warriors' from annoying me, but they need to find this area and get to regulating.

dunedain
09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
I would like these annoying beggars chased out more than the chicas. If it is true what yayow said about trying to rid the place of these pick pockets and beggars than so be it but I will believe it when I see it

Ram
09-14-2011, 02:41 AM
I ain't no Chicken Little, facts are facts.

And most of you guys are missing a couple important facts. They're not importing the chicas off the island. They're still there and still want your pesos.

And they haven't made prostitution illegal.

They're taking Pedro Clisante back, and cleaning up other downtowns. Yeah, they'll be ups and downs, good nights and bad nights.

Get your heads outa the sand.

Thats my point...who the fuck cares about "the gauntlet"...who the fuck cares about the way it was. The 500 yards of PC was getting out of control, so much so that I would not venture down most nights back then. Everyone talks like if there was no Classico, that the DR is no longer a viable destination for girls.....crock of shit. Yes, things have changed, they always do...but give me a break with all the end is coming shit. The DR will alway be a blast...maybe just a different blast.

elmudo
09-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Me SO horny, baby.....me love you LONG time.....me take pesos, euros, dollars, and credit cards.......Me SO horny, baby.....me love you LONG time......:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLUhlZa5fg

The putas take credit cards????!!! You mean to tell me all this time I've been going there I could pay with my credit card. I could have been getting miles for mongering??..Now you tell me

foxracing
09-14-2011, 03:34 PM
on the weekend i saw really no police presence, but monday night i saw a lot of the national police. i personally didnt see a chica get arrested, but 2 girls wouldnt stand on the sidewalk without a gringo b/c they were afraid of police

elmudo
09-16-2011, 05:18 PM
What news of the arrests nowadays? How Babette poli pussys been?

givengo440
09-16-2011, 05:24 PM
on the weekend i saw really no police presence, but monday night i saw a lot of the national police. i personally didnt see a chica get arrested, but 2 girls wouldnt stand on the sidewalk without a gringo b/c they were afraid of police
SO it's still going down during the last trip it was kinda funny to see the chicas peek out of a door way and see the politir coming peek back and as soon as they passed runout the opposite way to thier next locations :rofl:

bronxbomber718
09-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm here now and haven't noticed any issues over the past 2 days...but we'll see how tonight goes

givengo440
09-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm here now and haven't noticed any issues over the past 2 days...but we'll see how tonight goesBX smack a few on the booty for me shit!

gmalet
09-17-2011, 06:39 AM
I was there all last week and this week. The strip has definately changed compared to the way it was. I can find only two positive things to say. I do know many of the girls and I offered them to come stay at my hotel if they didn't get any clients for the night. Two of my regulars were so afraid of being alone they came to my hotel after 1 am and stayed with me for free. Of course they did get the pesos for the moto in the morning.

If your negotiating skills are good and you are not known for paying high prices for these girls you can now offer many of these girls 500 to 1000 pesos for the night. They are so afraid of getting arrested that they will take you up on your offer.

The street has cleaned up, no pickpocketers, no chicas grabbing you as you walk the strip. I do miss the craziness of Pedro Clisante.

givengo440
09-17-2011, 07:04 AM
I was there all last week and this week. The strip has definately changed compared to the way it was. I can find only two positive things to say. I do know many of the girls and I offered them to come stay at my hotel if they didn't get any clients for the night. Two of my regulars were so afraid of being alone they came to my hotel after 1 am and stayed with me for free. Of course they did get the pesos for the moto in the morning.

If your negotiating skills are good and you are not known for paying high prices
for these girls you can now offer many of these girls 500 to 1000 pesos for the
night. They are so afraid of getting arrested that they will take you up on your
offer.

The street has cleaned up, no pickpocketers, no chicas grabbing you as you walk the strip. I do miss the craziness of Pedro Clisante.
I did notice during my last trip (dam I wish I didn't love my blackberry with all my dam pics) that the pricing was lower then my previous trips. I had 3 freebies, well one cost me some perfume and panties, the other was because I knew the girl, and the last was my last night where I also knew the girl and she needed somewhere to stay. The other girls I had cost me 1500 pesos tops and that includes the girls I had at blackbeards.

I just enjoy just being there (DR) pussy or not. I spent a lot of my time during the day exploring outside the SU and learning more about the area/culture or at Rhumba as a few basketball guys (one who is a great friend of mine, now lives there) were in town that I knew. Also the owner is a Westchester guy like myself and a basketball guy who's family I have had dealings with in the past. My last trip barring the BS was actually pretty nice ISOC I am sorry I couldn't share it with you.

Funny story I started eating from the sandwich shop up from Don Antonio and the 24 HR food shack on the main highway heading towards Cabarete and one early morning I was in there at the same time as the National Police and some chicas. The officer I played ball with on previous trips I knew so I got my food and didn't recognize him at first and as I am leaving he says unless you take these girls I am going to arrest you gringo. I turned around like WTF :confused: and the whole placed just started laughing smh. Then he said you don't remember me :rofl: and we went on from there.

dquick
09-17-2011, 08:40 AM

This is the only good thing about the cleanup IMO. I don't miss the grabbing and the pick pockets. It was hard to tell the difference between a chica trying to get your attention and a chica going for your wallet.

givengo440
09-17-2011, 09:39 AM
This is the only good thing about the cleanup IMO. I don't miss the grabbing and the pick pockets. It was hard to tell the difference between a chica trying to get your attention and a chica going for your wallet.
Shit everything is inmy front pocket so there is no question about where she is grabbing... Pocket (side on hip), Dick (Front and center) :rofl:

hugrad95a
09-17-2011, 09:52 AM
I can't wait to get back, changes or no changes...Still better than dealing with BS at home...

damaja
09-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I keep hearing all these " the sky is falling in Sosua" reports and it has always made me nervous before my trips. I have been there two times since the initial crackdown and I have not seen anything close to what is being described. I did see subtle changes such as very few chicas out during the day but nothing close to what has been described.

I am going in November and those reports are starting to come up again. And again I am nervous. But until they completely close Classico or Merengue....I will be heading to Sosua.

ezsmile
09-17-2011, 11:21 AM

I was in Sosua from August 27to september 4; PJ's was open. Maybe not as a 24 hour spot anymore i don't know, but definitely open. I did not eat there but I saw they had a breakfast special sign out, and customers were there eating.

FritoBandito
09-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Even though things sound kind of bad in Sosua, and it's not like it used to be, it's still 100% more exciting than where I live.

The only thing I miss about the USA, when I'm in Sosua, is the good food and riding my Harley....and that's about it!!!!!!!!!

And one other good thing about the US, I can leave my house for 6 weeks, and I don't have to worry about anybody breaking in. You can't really do that if you live in the DR......unless you live in a gated community.

If I ever moved to the DR, the only place I would live is in a gated community, because of the high amount of burglary that goes on there.

FritoBandito
09-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Girls stage walkout at La Passion

Last night I was driving past La Passion and I saw about a dozen or so girls in front on the road and all the doors were closed. I assumed that this was the latest police raid as the police were out in force last night. I found out later that the girls all walked out because the owner was mis-treating them. Will be interesting to see how many girls will be in there tonight, but maybe this is a wake up call for the owner showing that he can't just do what he wants with the girls. A lot of lost revenue for a Friday night. I know that CMP was very busy last night!

I got this from DR1.........anybody hear anything about this?????????:confused:

Sidney
09-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Last night I was driving past La Passion and I saw about a dozen or so girls in front on the road and all the doors were closed. I assumed that this was the latest police raid as the police were out in force last night. I found out later that the girls all walked out because the owner was mis-treating them. Will be interesting to see how many girls will be in there tonight, but maybe this is a wake up call for the owner showing that he can't just do what he wants with the girls. A lot of lost revenue for a Friday night. I know that CMP was very busy last night!

Little good is said about Peter!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: A miserable MF:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: You go girls:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

givengo440
09-17-2011, 01:24 PM

WHAT??????

DASBOOTY
09-17-2011, 02:53 PM
What news of the arrests nowadays? How Babette poli pussys been?

Take it easy! The chicas are still gonna be there when you arrive.

It is like Robert 'numbers' said in an earlier post - the chicas are always there:iconTU:.

Shogun Warrior
09-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Just hit stateside. Had a fucking blast. Sosua was packed this week. Got in on a FRI and went through the weekend and into the next week. There were several crews that were of all ages. Crews of guys over 40-50, & 50-60 & even up to 65. Additionally, there were several seperate crews of cops on holiday and a couple of the .............."young" make it rain idiots were actually in my hotel. I spoke to them about it as nice as I could and they turned around and did the same stupid shit the next night even though a couple of security men were in their shit right on the spot.

Classicos was packed begining WED at midnight. The DJ finally got his shit together and played more top 20 house/hip-hop dance starting at 11:00PM. Same night he did something that I have never seen before. At about 2:30-3AM he played a combination of authentic Hatian/African Dance music. The hatian crowd went fucking wild and ruled the dance floor. It was like the scene from Coming to America with Eddie Murphy. I had a blast.

Plenty of chicas everywhere but yes there was a shitload of guys too. Held my ground on the pricing and the range was 1100-1500 Max. 3 repeats at the max price of price which included Toda La Noche. Heard several loud conversations during breakfast of "What she did" and "What I paid her." In most cases it was 2500 and up.

I just shut my mouth and listened because at the end of the day we know what you pay is between you and the girl and if you the monger are happy for what you received for the price paid, then pimp on. All I can say is I was never turned down for what I offered. I never approched those chicas that are known for starting at 4K because they are bombshells and trust me they are getting it everyweekend.

Came to the rescue of a chica that was in the process of getting arrested. Just spoke to the Politur and he gave me a wink and she was released in 3 hours. Came right to me in the club and was very appreciative later.

givengo440
09-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Just hit stateside. Had a fucking blast. Sosua was packed this week. Got in on a FRI and went through the weekend and into the next week. There were several crews of that were of all ages. Crews of guys over 55, several seperate crews of cops on holiday and................the "young" make it rain idiots were actually in my hotel. I spoke to them about it as nice as I could and they turned around and did the same stupid shit the next night even though a couple of security men were in their shit right on the spot.

Classicos was packed begining WED at midnight. The DJ finally got his shit together and played more top 20 house/hip-hop dance starting at 11:00PM. Same night he did something that I have never seen before. At about 2:30-3AM he played a combination of authentic Hatian/African Dance music. The hatian crowd went fucking wild and ruled the dance floor. It was like the scene from Coming to America with Eddie Murphy. I had a blast.

Plenty of chicas everywhere but yes there was a shitload of guys too. Held my ground on the pricing and the range was 1100-1500 Max. 3 repeats at the max price of price which included Toda La Noche. Heard several loud conversations during breakfast of "What she did" and "What I paid her." In most cases it was 2500 and up.

I just shut my mouth and listened because at the end of the day we know what you pay is between you and the girl and if you the monger are happy for what you received for the price paid, then pimp on. All I can say is I was never turned down for what I offered. I never approched those chicas that are known for starting at 4K because they are bombshells and trust me they are getting it everyweekend.
Shogun Warrior he played hatian music and the crowd went crazy as well. One of my good associated down there is the big muscular dude Mike. From what I have gotten he is the leader or one of the leaders of the Hatian gang in Sosua (I introduced him to Robert when he first moved down there). Him and his crew go wild! He was telling me during my last trip that there is a lot of good hatian rap (yes I was very naive to think that there wasn't as Hip-Hop is world wide). I havre a friend in the group El Battalion I went to college with TYS I will introduce some of thier videos to the board.

As far as pricing you were right on! The chicas know that things are a rough and the pricing had dropped from my previous trip. Only difference was that I remember Classicos a few months ago got live on Wednesday night, but Thurs-Sun it was a zoo in there as many of the regs and newbies (chicas and gringos) arrived back in town to celebrate the weekend.

Glad to see you had a ball I am counting the weeks before I do a 4 day weekend in DR as well. Cheers sir :iconTU:

dquick
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I keep hearing all these " the sky is falling in Sosua" reports and it has always made me nervous before my trips. I have been there two times since the initial crackdown and I have not seen anything close to what is being described. I did see subtle changes such as very few chicas out during the day but nothing close to what has been described.

I am going in November and those reports are starting to come up again. And again I am nervous. But until they completely close Classico or Merengue....I will be heading to Sosua.
I am pretty sure that the sky is NOT falling. I will be on the ground Wednesday and give an up to date account of the situation.

Mr. Smooth
09-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Guys, I just returned home this past weekend from an 8 day trip to Sosua. While I did see the orange cones along the edge of the sidewalk (Latinos-Classicos side of the street), the politur presence was quite minimal. They were around in the evenings but just basically standing around and observing. I did not see any arrests or trucks pulling up and chicas randomly herded out of bars like I saw last June.

It was actually mellow with minimal drama in the street. And I have to say that I really did like the fact that the chicas in Merengue pretty much keep away from you unless you request them to come over to sit and talk/negotiate. I can't tell you how tiring it gets having to shoo away so many chicas you have no interest in while sitting there with a beer and just checking out the scene.

Now, you actually have a chance to relax, have a beer, enjoy the show solo or with your wing, and take your time on who you would like to share company with. No more hussle and flow attitude.

Come on down fellas and enjoy yourselves. Some of these changes are quite refreshing in my mind.

Oh...and don't worry about a lack of numbers. There are still more than enough chicas that need that milk money! :iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

givengo440
09-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Guys, I just returned home this past weekend from an 8 day trip to Sosua. While I did see the orange cones along the edge of the sidewalk (Latinos-Classicos side of the street), the politur presence was quite minimal. They were around in the evenings but just basically standing around and observing. I did not see any arrests or trucks pulling up and chicas randomly herded out of bars like I saw last June.

It was actually mellow with minimal drama in the street. And I have to say that I really did like the fact that the chicas in Merengue pretty much keep away from you unless you request them to come over to sit and talk/negotiate. I can't tell you how tiring it gets having to shoo away so many chicas you have no interest in while sitting there with a beer and just checking out the scene.

Now, you actually have a chance to relax, have a beer, enjoy the show solo or
with your wing, and take your time on who you would like to share company with.
No more hussle and flow attitude.

Come on down fellas and enjoy yourselves. Some of these changes are quite
refreshing in my mind.

Oh...and don't worry about a lack of numbers. There are still more than enough chicas that need that milk money! :iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:
I spent a lot of time when I wasn't off the beaten path at Rhumba with Presidente after Presidente and them fab wings :-). It is more laid back and you can actually breath. I like the "New SU" if I can coin the phrase lol

DASBOOTY
09-21-2011, 09:33 AM

This is just my opinion, but when I am in Merengue club, I am there to do business with the chicas. I don't think it is a place to go to 'have a beer and relax'. It is a pure hooker bar.

If I want to have a beer and relax, I will go to Rumba bar or Hideaway Bar.

Nice update!

Mr. Smooth
09-21-2011, 03:08 PM
This is just my opinion, but when I am in Merengue club, I am there to do business with the chicas. I don't think it is a place to go to 'have a beer and relax'. It is a pure hooker bar.

If I want to have a beer and relax, I will go to Rumba bar or Hideaway Bar.

Nice update!

I totally understand your way of thinking and no doubt, some guys are there to get in, get out and get going. I just prefer a more relaxed way of doing things. Besides, I enjoy taking in the whole scene while sitting there. Arguably, it might be the best seat in the house for nightly viewing.

BTW, I love hanging out at Rumba. That owner is doing something right as that place seems to have overtaken El Flow as the place to meet up among the monger crowd during the early evening hours. Plus, the little food vendor nextdoor has some absolutely delicious food if you have the late night munchies. My chica and I grabbed two orders of chicken (cooked two different ways) and two huge helpings of rice for 350 pesos total. We had 4 containers of stuff going back to the condo.

Didn't even bother with breakfast the next day.

rockstar201184
09-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Where is Rhumba? How much they charge for beer?

FritoBandito
09-21-2011, 05:23 PM

It's an ancient Dominican (Chinese) secret, huh? It's somewhere in Sosua....

Follow the yellow bricks in the road.........until you get to Calle Oz.........then ask for Senor Magico.....

We could tell you where it is, but then we'd have to kill you for knowing about a priviliged, top-secret place.......:lol:

steviewonder
09-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Across from El Flow, next to the Taxi stand. Can't miss the white columns, open setting, and the street side seating.:wink:

FritoBandito
09-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Across from El Flow, next to the Taxi stand. Can't miss the white columns, open setting, and the street side seating.:wink:

Whaaaaat!!!!!!! Damn, another secret is lost and now Sosua is going straight down the tubes..........

...........Now I'll have to find another secret garden where I can pluck virgins from to deflower.............:p

DASBOOTY
09-22-2011, 12:37 AM

60 pesos for a (small) frosty cold beer.

You are welcome!

elmudo
09-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Now, you actually have a chance to relax, have a beer, enjoy the show solo or with your wing, and take your time on who you would like to share company with. No more hussle and flow attitude.

Come on down fellas and enjoy yourselves. Some of these changes are quite refreshing in my mind.

this here is a beautiful and encouraging post. Thank you sir!

el toro
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM
I didn't see any chicas arrested or having problems with politur this past week. Like Mr. Smooth said there was a police presence, but they were not messing with anything or anyone that we go there for.

dquick
09-23-2011, 07:39 AM
I have now been on PC the last two nights. Even though the Politur is out in force, THE POLITUR ARE NOT RANDOMLY ARRESTING CHICAS. I am sure some arrest are happening, but their are plenty of chicas inside all the bars at night. I have seen plenty of girls walking between places and have not been harrassed by the Politur as well. Now, I do know that chicas are hesitant to walk by themselves and there are not any chicas just hanging outside on the sidewalk. But the regular putas know the rules and are following them to avoid getting arrested.

The Politur are also monitoring the beach. If a girl is a know puta walking without a guy they will get arrested. I was walking with Yani, one of my regular putas, yesterday at the beach. She paused to talk a little trash, everytime she passed a Politur. The Politur just left her alone, because she was with a guy. (I just played stupid and acted like I did not understand the conversation between Yani and the Politur.)

Mr. Smooth
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I did notice that on the beach there were fewer chicas walking alone, and the Haitianas were almost non existent if solo. Once while sitting at Siempre Sol (Herman's) having a coke, the politur stopped their truck right in front of the bar to Herman's left. One of the police got out and told the two girls sitting down at the table to "come with me". They both just pointed to the bar in front of where they were sitting as if to say "We work here". The politur cop just turned to leave with a frustrated/confused look on his face.

These ladies were Haitianas, but legitimately had jobs working for that bar.

adios
09-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I saw at least 5 girls getting arrested last week. One of them was defending herself as her life would depend on it. She was from Haiti...

These two were just talking to them:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27761&d=1316808053

givengo440
09-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I saw at least 5 girls getting arrested last week. One of them was defending herself as her life would depend on it. She was from Haiti...

These two were just talking to them:

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27761&d=1316808053)
Dam I need to get back...

sosuaman
09-23-2011, 06:10 PM
She paused to talk a little trash, everytime she passed a Politur.

now THAT's my kind of chica......

for whatever warped reason... :)

MyTio
09-23-2011, 06:16 PM
she also blows guys in the mens bathroom at Rumba bar :rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
she also blows guys in the mens bathroom at Rumba bar :rofl::rofl::rofl:

See...... now UP here in Jersey... That would be a Girl you seek out when you at the bar...
but down there... Thats just not Classy enough for me...

:rofl:

questner
09-23-2011, 10:31 PM
I did notice that on the beach there were fewer chicas walking alone, and the Haitianas were almost non existent if solo. Once while sitting at Siempre Sol (Herman's) having a coke, the politur stopped their truck right in front of the bar to Herman's left. One of the police got out and told the two girls sitting down at the table to "come with me". They both just pointed to the bar in front of where they were sitting as if to say "We work here". The politur cop just turned to leave with a frustrated/confused look on his face.

These ladies were Haitianas, but legitimately had jobs working for that bar.

They actually do. Every bar can employ a girl for a peso per day. Bar owners don't want girl to claim anything after they work couple of month there. Also, beach is unfortunately beyond "established free prostitution zone". And no matter what police still can take anyone it wants.

eldorob
09-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Every bar can employ a girl for a peso per day. Bar owners don't want girl to claim anything after they work couple of month there. .

I don't follow your point. Are you saying the beach bars get around the labor laws?

questner
09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't follow your point. Are you saying the beach bars get around the labor laws?

No, my point was even if bar owners employ girls for a peso a day - to attract clientele and offer girls the way not to be detained - it won't work. This is not Angeles City where one can get a girl a working permit or Germany where SW hookers buy 6 euro tickets from the municipality to be able to solicit from 8 pm to 6 am.

Festy
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Big sweep on Beach today. Rounding up only Haitians. One rumor on street was a tourist was robbed and killed. Anyone have the REAL story? Sosua "RUMORS" are alway touchy in my experience.

TC
01-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Big sweep on Beach today. Rounding up only Haitians. One rumor on street was a tourist was robbed and killed. Anyone have the REAL story? Sosua "RUMORS" are alway touchy in my experience.

What time was this? I was on the beach yesterday and didn´t see or hear a thing.

WickedWillie
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM

Big round-ups of illegal immigrants (Haitians) going on from Sosua to Sabaneta starting yesterday and continuing today. Truckloads are being shipped out.

Presumably this is nationwide as the new immigration laws came into effect this week.

I have been told that if they pay the officers RD$1,500 - RD$2,000 they are let off the truck.

Could be an expensive week for Sidney and Robert.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sidney
01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
This is very positive. Next will be chulos, drug dealers, men suk-ups, shoe shine boys, DR chicas, crooked cops, etc.. Sosua will be perfect !!!!!!!!!!!

Festy
01-11-2012, 10:05 AM
What time was this? I was on the beach yesterday and didn´t see or hear a thing.

Around 3:30-4pm. LordG and I were sitting at #95 and we saw the police lights on when they started at the beginning of the beach. I turned to LordG and said, "Here comes the Haitian sweep". As they got closer we saw two pickup trucks with two motorcycles leading the way. The guys on foot were entering stores/bars as well as picking the Haitians off the beach. Would have been hard to miss if anyone was on the beach at that time as there were several Haitians that didn't want to go willingly and put up MINOR struggles before getting loaded into the trucks. One tourist had his Haitian girl plucked off his arm right at #94 Grande Melones.

MyTio
01-11-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWVZ8dCoIeU

yayow
01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
A question, are they just arresting the Haitian putas, or are they arresting all Haitians without proper documents, including the Haitian male hustlers that you see there?

All you ever hear about are the chicas? I just wonder if they are locking up the Haitians that are doing all the hustling and those who do the manual labor on the cheap.

yayow
01-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I was just asked by a Supervisor with the National Police stationed in the capital, to be the God father of his recently born daughter, the ceremony is scheduled to be held the second Sunday in Feb. Right after my trip to Sosua. I was surprised that he asked me, but also honored, so when he asked after a bit of consideration I agreed. Hopefully that relationship, will give me some insights into what their thought process is, next time I see him I will ask him about some of this, I am curious about his reply, although a supervisor I am sure the decisions are made much higher up. But maybe he will have some insight none-the-less.

el toro
01-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I was just asked by a Supervisor with the National Police stationed in the capital, to be the God father of his recently born daughter, the ceremony is scheduled to be held the second Sunday in Feb. Right after my trip to Sosua. I was surprised that he asked me, but also honored, so when he asked after a bit of consideration I agreed. Hopefully that relationship, will give me some insights into what their thought process is, next time I see him I will ask him about some of this, I am curious about his reply, although a supervisor I am sure the decisions are made much higher up. But maybe he will have some insight none-the-less.

That's cool. You never know what you could learn and what kind of relationships/connections you can form from this. He must hold you in high regard to ask such a thing of you.

yayow
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
That's cool. You never know what you could learn and what kind of relationships/connections you can form from this. He must hold you in high regard to ask such a thing of you.

I have known him for a couple of years, we have hung out socially quite a bit, and he has introduced me to some others with the National Police, which as you say can be helpful. He knows my whole family, my ex and my daughter. I haven't taken the time to really get to know his nuclear family, but now I guess I will.

BrooklynBeas
01-11-2012, 05:35 PM
That just fucking sucks..so at this point next year no more chicas on PC? I guess I better start making a trip every month instead of every year before this becomes a sweet distant memory

Not necessary, just switch the flight to Medellin!

Jimmydr
01-11-2012, 05:36 PM

The bus will get you to the Capital in 5 hours.

WickedWillie
01-11-2012, 05:58 PM

Padrinos usually traditionally pick up the tab for at least the booze at these affairs and that means buying for the family and their 450 cousins who will now attend as they know a gringo is the padrino...LOL

Just being a tad cynical here Yayow but I would have declared atheism, left the country or whatever to get out of it:rofl::rofl:

One of those between a rock and a hard place situations IMO.

uncle ruckus
01-11-2012, 05:58 PM

Only sucks if you like Haitians. Shouldn't matter one way or another if you're into Dominicanas.

yayow
01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I am still a bit curious, why this is going on in Sosua, I mean I haven't seen any of this in the capital, or even Boca Chica, afterall Boca Chica is a whore town as well, isn't it? and there is no crackdown, it may have more to do with the future plans they have for Sosua than anything else. :confused::confused::confused: If it was strictly about putas you would think it would be any place where there are putas, and for a small town Boca Chica has quite a large puta population, and as of yet no problems with any crackdowns :confused::confused:

Has anyone heard of any crackdowns any where else, Santiago, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Semana? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

yayow
01-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Padrinos usually traditionally pick up the tab for at least the booze at these affairs and that means buying for the family and their 450 cousins who will now attend as they know a gringo is the padrino...LOL

Just being a tad cynical here Yayow but I would have declared atheism, left the country or whatever to get out of it:rofl::rofl:

One of those between a rock and a hard place situations IMO.

Jajaja

Yeah I was cuious about that as well, and asked my ex, what the responsibilities were, so we actually called the guy before I agreed, and when she got off the phone she said I would buy the dress that she gets baptized in, maybe 2,000 pesos since she's a baby, no mention of booze but I wouldn't mind giving a helping hand with the booze a bit, as long as I am not taken total advantage of, after all, if I need him in his capacity as LE, he will be there for me.

steviewonder
01-11-2012, 06:16 PM
after all, if I need him in his capacity as LE, he will be there for me.

As you already know, that could be worth 100 times more then what you will spend on a baby's dress:wink:

steviewonder
01-11-2012, 06:28 PM
I am still a bit curious, why this is going on in Sosua, I mean I haven't seen any of this in the capital, or even Boca Chica, afterall Boca Chica is a whore town as well, isn't it? and there is no crackdown, it may have more to do with the future plans they have for Sosua than anything else.

Not sure if this has anything to do with this latest crackdown in Sosua. However, read this report today about the north coast tourism business which did not include any information about Sosua and Cabarete. I have heard recently that only the Ocean World Resorts have enjoyed seasonal increases this winter. As far as POP goes with any crack downs, non that I've seen.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2012/1/11/42278/Puerto-Plata-resurges-on-higher-hotel-occupancy

Sidney
01-12-2012, 10:01 AM
For the first time in a week, I walked P.C.. From 930pm to 1045pm, I saw no Poli-Pussies and no arrests. Many Haitianas in the bars. I cannot explain the inconsistencies of this police state!

MrHappy
01-12-2012, 10:04 AM
For the first time in a week, I walked P.C.. From 930pm to 1045pm, I saw no Poli-Pussies and no arrests. Many Haitianas in the bars. I cannot explain the inconsistencies of this police state!

That's because you haven't lived here long enough yet.

I won't even go into the whole Padrino thing for Yayow, but it's a lot more than a dress.

They take that stuff seriously here.

yayow
01-12-2012, 10:15 AM

I won't even go into the whole Padrino thing for Yayow, but it's a lot more than a dress.

Probably more to it I am sure, but can only go by the advice of my ex, who was born here, and I spoke to her before pulling the trigger, as well as had her talk with him. I also was on the other side, as my daughter received her first Communion and Confirmation in this country.

Whatever the case, I won't be taken advantage of, and it only allows me to get more involved in the culture, which is something I want, the fact that he is involved in LE, and then I can say I am the Godfather of his daughter, can only help as I see it. Because I do know they take that stuff seriously, it will be helpful that I can say that.

uncle ruckus
01-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Compadres!! It might have gotten ugly of you had said no. At least in Santiago, saying no to an offer to be compadres is like telling that person you want nothing to do with them and might ruin the friendship.

yayow
01-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Compadres!! It might have gotten ugly of you had said no. At least in Santiago, saying no to an offer to be compadres is like telling that person you want nothing to do with them and might ruin the friendship.

One of the reasons I consulted my ex, as she obviously knows the culture much better than I, and I am not looking to insult anyone, simply because of whatever ignorance I may have about a part of their culture.

As I said, I considered it an honor to be considered.

praguealchemist
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM

I don't know where you were walking along P.C to miss all the POLITUR active., but I can tell you that I was at Rumba and well as El Cultivo from about 730-1000 and saw POLITUR all over the place and let me be more specific by saying that I saw about three groups of POLITUR motoconchos and two POLITUR Pick-ups active. Also several POLITUR walking about.

Specifically, POLITUR cornered a couple of Haitianas between Dr. Rosen and KIKA massage in a small gangway. I did not stick around to see how it ended. Also I saw two POLITUR motoconchos pick up two Haitianas and drive away next to SUPER SUPER liquor store. Several motoconcho guys just watched so I did stick around until the POLITUR drove off with them around 1030pm. Right after I spoke with the security guy at the bank next to SUPER SUPER and he told me that the POLITUR was cracking down on the Haitianas because of the new immigration laws and if they are undocumented they are sent back to Haiti-through Puerto Plata first though. He said there was a tourist killed recently by two Haitianas and he was robbed of alot of money, but he did not know if it also played a role in the crackdown.

Festy
01-13-2012, 07:29 AM
LordG and I were on Clisante between 9pm and 11pm and the police presence was very noticeable. A politur truck was parked at the corner of Rosen and Clisante in front of that vacant building the entire time we were there together chatting. As I was walking back to the hotel a little after 11pm, two cops were detaining a Haitian girl about half way up Rosen from Clisante near Hotel Don Antonio. Last night's action was not near as aggressive as the beach raid a few days ago but it was most certainly heavier than the normal from my experiences here.

Sidney
01-13-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't know where you were walking along P.C to miss all the POLITUR active., but I can tell you that I was at Rumba and well as El Cultivo from about 730-1000 and saw POLITUR all over the place and let me be more specific by saying that I saw about three groups of POLITUR motoconchos and two POLITUR Pick-ups active. Also several POLITUR walking about.

Specifically, POLITUR cornered a couple of Haitianas between Dr. Rosen and KIKA massage in a small gangway. I did not stick around to see how it ended. Also I saw two POLITUR motoconchos pick up two Haitianas and drive away next to SUPER SUPER liquor store. Several motoconcho guys just watched so I did stick around until the POLITUR drove off with them around 1030pm. Right after I spoke with the security guy at the bank next to SUPER SUPER and he told me that the POLITUR was cracking down on the Haitianas because of the new immigration laws and if they are undocumented they are sent back to Haiti-through Puerto Plata first though. He said there was a tourist killed recently by two Haitianas and he was robbed of alot of money, but he did not know if it also played a role in the crackdown.
Again anoche, the Poli-Pussies and AMRATS were doing their evil deeds!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: