PDA

View Full Version : Better ATM or Exchange House?

RonDeMedellin
09-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Hi, I don't know Santo Domingo at all and I'd like to know if I will get better change rate by ATM or by Exchange House. Which is cheaper? Thank you

adios
09-21-2011, 11:19 AM
That depends also on your bank. You have to look what you bank is charging you for the ATM transactions. And then you should compare that. But most likely exchanging money would be better.

Since my bank doesn't charge me anything and I don't have to pay any other fees, I had no problems using ATMs in Santo Domingo for the best rate possible.

RonDeMedellin
09-21-2011, 11:33 AM
My bank has just told me by prepaid Mastercad I will pay 1.5% on every sum withdrawn. But you tell me ATM gives me the best rate. mmmm I don't know what is better for me. ;)
thanksssssss

Jimmydr
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
My bank has just told me by prepaid Mastercad I will pay 1.5% on every sum withdrawn. But you tell me ATM gives me the best rate. mmmm I don't know what is better for me. ;)
thanksssssss

Your bank determines it, not the ATM.

RonDeMedellin
09-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Your bank determines it, not the ATM.
I'm sorry but you have interpreted bad my question. Surely my determines it but I don't succeed to make a rough estimate if is better to change money or use ATM.

Jimmydr
09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry but you have interpreted bad my question. Surely my determines it but I don't succeed to make a rough estimate if is better to change money or use ATM.

Read this

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?356921-How-do-I-subscribe-and-which-one-do-I-want

adios
09-21-2011, 12:43 PM
thanksssssss
1.5% is okay. But I guess you would not save much money either way. So just take some cash with you and the credit card. I did the same.