PDA

View Full Version : Charamicos

weyland
12-28-2006, 12:58 PM
I stayed in Los Charimicos ... one of these days I'll post a report....
Please do!

Considering the size of Los Charamicos and it's nearness to Sosua (El Batey) there is only sketchy recent information on it here. I can't complain. In eleven weeks I only ventured into the heart of it once, right near the end of my stay, when a motoconcho guy took me to a doctor to get my dick looked at (luckily false alarm!).

There was no particular reason why I did not go there, but instead investigated far less promising places much further afield. It just never occurred to me. Silly of me, really. Or perhaps I subconsciously remembered my only previous and expensive visit there when I misguidedly let my future bride Alicia take me shopping for clothes to attend the Frank Reyes concert. She wanted to look her best for BBeas!

Jimmydr
12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Please do!

Considering the size of Los Charamicos and it's nearness to Sosua (El Batey) there is only sketchy recent information on it here. I can't complain. In eleven weeks I only ventured into the heart of it once, right near the end of my stay, when a motoconcho guy took me to a doctor to get my dick looked at (luckily false alarm!).

There was no particular reason why I did not go there, but instead investigated far less promising places much further afield. It just never occurred to me. Silly of me, really. Or perhaps I subconsciously remembered my only previous and expensive visit there when I misguidedly let my future bride Alicia take me shopping for clothes to attend the Frank Reyes concert. She wanted to look her best for BBeas!

What do you want to know? Its 1 of a few areas that the locals that work in Sosua live and maybe 50% of the Sosua hookers live there as well.

Beads
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Charamicos looked like a goldmine to be honest. Definitely FAR less safe than Sosua but for the adventurous type and especially if you know a few locals who live there it looked like an awesome little town with many mongering possiblities. There are short stay hotels and loads of women wandering around. Im sure 99% if not all are quite familiar with Sosua and the working girls who live there would be found in Sosua at night as well but you could definitely find some pre pro and semi-pro chicas wandering around especially if you could comminicate with them and had some time.

Jimmydr
12-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Charamicos looked like a goldmine to be honest. Definitely FAR less safe than Sosua but for the adventurous type and especially if you know a few locals who live there it looked like an awesome little town with many mongering possiblities. There are short stay hotels and loads of women wandering around. Im sure 99% if not all are quite familiar with Sosua and the working girls who live there would be found in Sosua at night as well but you could definitely find some pre pro and semi-pro chicas wandering around especially if you could comminicate with them and had some time.

Everyone over 18 knows what the gringos are there for, either chicas, cheap food or cheap lodging.

Beads
12-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Everyone over 18 knows what the gringos are there for, either chicas, cheap food or cheap lodging.

quite true and they were ready to help us out!

This was more of what you would see in a typical Dominican town not the touristy type place Sosua is. If your in Sosua and make friends with a good moto conch guy its definitely worthwhile to have him take you through Charamicos even during the daytime just to look around.

Jimmydr
12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
quite true and they were ready to help us out!

This was more of what you would see in a typical Dominican town not the touristy type place Sosua is. If your in Sosua and make friends with a good moto conch guy its definitely worthwhile to have him take you through Charamicos even during the daytime just to look around.

Actually the people to know are the ones that live in Sosua Abajo. More of the riff raff and transits live here in Charamicos. There may be some nice people here but many more live in the other surrounding areas.

Beads
12-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Charamicos definitely had loads of riff raff. A town with no law and order!

MegaSquirt
12-28-2006, 09:18 PM
They also have an access from the street to the beach from that side. Be very careful when crossing the street, you can get hit by a car! I need to do more recon on this town.

Jimmydr
12-28-2006, 11:01 PM
What is it you are looking for, cheaper chicas, softcore chicas, newbi chicas? Then you need to go 10 minutes further in each direction to find these chicas.

ErikS
12-28-2006, 11:07 PM

Don't forget the cheap cerveza tambien! .......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006156.jpg

.........40 pesos a beer at this place in Los Charamicos.........

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006159.jpg

........and the view is fantastic!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006147.jpg

weyland
12-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Actually the people to know are the ones that live in Sosua Abajo.
Is that the area with shops and bars, etc, on the main road from PP about a mile before El Batey?

eldorob
12-29-2006, 07:19 AM
Is that the area with shops and bars, etc, on the main road from PP about a mile before El Batey?

No, that's something else, don't know the name of that area, someone here will tho,

If you go all the way to the west end of the beach, and up the steps, you will be in the east end of Los Char. There are two roads at the top of the steps, take the right one and you'll come to the Resturant Bar Internet in about 1/8 ? mile on your right. Great view, great prices. Never looked real busy tho, didn't go at night, maybee it got busier.

I stayed at a hotel just a little ways from there on the left my last trip in December. I'll try to post a report soon, been kinda busy since I got home. Ended up in the hospital, got out, then had out patient surgery, then Christmas.....

Got a good Los Char story about an encounter with two angry machette wielding dominicans at 3 in the morning

Kevy
12-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Elrob is talking about Charmicos, Sosua Abajo is a little west on the highway on the southside. I think you are talking about the right place Weyland

Beads
12-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Don't forget the cheap cerveza tambien! .......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006156.jpg

.........40 pesos a beer at this place in Los Charamicos.........

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006159.jpg

........and the view is fantastic!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006147.jpg

We saw EricS photos like this in June and during our July trip set out to find the place. We rented scooters and had no problem finding the place using EricS photo views and directions. Go on the highway towards the airport but make a right turn at the first entrance to the Charamicos side of the beach. Theres a ramp leading down. When you cross the ramp make the first right. Follow it towards the beach to the end. Make a left and the place is right in front of you. Youll see the bar pictured in the photos. As soon as you walk in youll see the view in EricS's photos of the beach and know immediately your in the right spot.

This area is quite safe especially during the day.

If you want to see the main drag of Charamicos dont make that right after the ramp go stright one more intersection and make a left instead. Follow until you see the main street. You can take that main street all the way through the heart of town until it turns into a dirt road. The roadway looks bad beyond there so we made another left and followed it around. Lots of people gathered at that little corner leading off into the dirt road and it looked like the end of shops and stores and beginning of all houses so we didnt venture any further that way.

eldorob
12-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Elrob is talking about Charmicos, Sosua Abajo is a little west on the highway on the southside. I think you are talking about the right place Weyland

roger that...wasn't paying attention

ykg3000
12-29-2006, 02:08 PM
So let me get this straight. At the end of the beach, you make a left instead of a right to go to the main drag of charamicos? Is place too far to walk too or do you need a motochonco/car?

Beads
12-29-2006, 02:59 PM
if your walking up from the beach . heading into Charamicos. you would go straight up the little hill until you see the road headed to the airport on your left. Make a right and then another left at the first intersection and go up a few blocks and youll see the main drag. Sure you could walk during the daytime. It will take a long time to walk the entire main street and back out. I would suggest using a moto conch driver you know for the first trip in case you walk into someplace you feel uncomfortable as there arent many police officers around in Charamicos.

bentwire
12-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Scardy cats,,,,, LM and I walked all over this place even down to the bario by the sea, you should be more worried in wichita kansas than Los Cheramicos,
I like the Riff Raff Jimmy, they invited me to dinner at thier house and fed me the only chicken the famly probably seen in a month and gave me the best avacodos to take back to my tradewinds condo i have seen in a long time,,,, true the sex is probably cheeper ( no charge) and the high class whores are more than likey on a different trail, but what the hell if i wanted expensive high class whores i could go to Las Vagas and find that,,,,, why am i comeing to sosua anyway ummmmmmmm (Booze?? um yeah,,,,,,, Sunshine???ummmm yeah,,,,, younger than me beautiful women who never call me fat basterd?? ummmm yeah,,,, i like to use the word cost effective not cheep,,, the chicas are cost effective being as though there is a high demand in my daily intake of hot wet snatch hehehehehe...
Los Cheramicos is full of good people I think weyland would be safe alone, if Ericks was in sosua hm i read to much.
thats a joke ok no political harm intended arrrrrgggggggg
here is a good video to make you forget i am a wild man in discuise

http://www.mega-file.net/video/view.php?video=a4c7a081253ce4ac126f3501ee18a58e
I goota get this is getting long,, woops gave away my secret

Apos
12-30-2006, 12:17 AM
el esta loco pero habla la verdad:lol:
Scardy cats,,,,, LM and I walked all over this place even down to the bario by the sea, you should be more worried in wichita kansas than Los Cheramicos,
I like the Riff Raff Jimmy, they invited me to dinner at thier house and fed me the only chicken the famly probably seen in a month and gave me the best avacodos to take back to my tradewinds condo i have seen in a long time,,,, true the sex is probably cheeper ( no charge) and the high class whores are more than likey on a different trail, but what the hell if i wanted expensive high class whores i could go to Las Vagas and find that,,,,, why am i comeing to sosua anyway ummmmmmmm (Booze?? um yeah,,,,,,, Sunshine???ummmm yeah,,,,, younger than me beautiful women who never call me fat basterd?? ummmm yeah,,,, i like to use the word cost effective not cheep,,, the chicas are cost effective being as though there is a high demand in my daily intake of hot wet snatch hehehehehe...
Los Cheramicos is full of good people I think weyland would be safe alone, if Ericks was in sosua hm i read to much.
thats a joke ok no political harm intended arrrrrgggggggg
here is a good video to make you forget i am a wild man in discuise

http://www.mega-file.net/video/view.php?video=a4c7a081253ce4ac126f3501ee18a58e
I goota get this is getting long,, woops gave away my secret

bentwire
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
estoy sí loco, los chicas como mi dinero,, mi pene tengo gusto del toto

eldorob
01-02-2007, 12:30 PM
So let me get this straight. At the end of the beach, you make a left instead of a right to go to the main drag of charamicos? Is place too far to walk too or do you need a motochonco/car?

If your already on the beach it's an easy walk. West end of the beach, up the steps and your there, two roads there, if you go up the hill Los Char will be kind of to your right, If you take the road to the right you'll walk along the cliffs that overlook the beach and the main part of town will be to your left, and up hill.

If not already on the beacch it's best to take a motoconch.

Freak In Black
01-07-2007, 02:31 PM
What hotels are suggested in Los Charmicos?

Jimmydr
01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
What hotels are suggested in Los Charmicos?

To stay more than 40 minutes, NONE!

MisterPink
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM
They are building nice condos right in the middle of the Charamicos on the water!

mp

Apos
01-14-2007, 08:46 PM
really, where?
They are building nice condos right in the middle of the Charamicos on the water!

mp

MisterPink
01-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Walking down the hill, past Cafe Central about 1/2 a mile.
They were not really cheap, Nautico is the name, on the Ocean.
$139K for a 2BDRM.

You can see them from Sosua Beach, phase II is under construction.

mp

Apos
01-14-2007, 08:56 PM
thanks i'll have to have a look sometime :)
$139K for a 2BDRM.

mp

MisterPink
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Great inexpensive talent during the day down that way.

mp

MegaSquirt
01-14-2007, 10:37 PM
$139K for a 2BDRM.

mp
The roof on these buildings is red, right?

MisterPink
01-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Correct, the ones you see on the cliff from Sosua Beach.

mp

Apos
01-14-2007, 10:44 PM
precisely :D
Great inexpensive talent during the day down that way.

mp

eldorob
01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Here's my Machette Story from my December visit...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/56606-hotels-charimicos-3.html#post480724