PDA

View Full Version : Latino's raid

WickedWillie
09-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Around midnight last night 3 trucks of police raided the new Gran Velero (Latino's) and arrested the gringo owner and closed the bar down.

Apparently the gringo has been accused of rape, possibly with an underage girl, although that is not confirmed.

The bar re-opened a bit later on.

If you had a cynical outlook you may think that this is possibly a typical set-up situation when a gringo owner fucks over a well connected Dominican lease holder.

Mmmm??????

dquick
09-22-2011, 07:27 PM
I was in Latinos late last night. I totally missed the raid.

TNT72
09-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I was in Latinos late last night. I totally missed the raid.

Thank god for booze, eh dquick!

givengo440
09-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Thank god for booze, eh dquick!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :wasted:

FritoBandito
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Around midnight last night 3 trucks of police raided the new Gran Velero (Latino's) and arrested the gringo owner and closed the bar down.

Apparently the gringo has been accused of rape, possibly with an underage girl, although that is not confirmed.

The bar re-opened a bit later on.

If you had a cynical outlook you may think that this is possibly a typical set-up situation when a gringo owner fucks over a well connected Dominican lease holder.

Mmmm??????

If I was a gringo business owner in Sosua, I'd make damn sure I had some connected Dominicans in local government who I could count on for support when shit should ever hit the fan.

Sad thing in the DR, if some Dominican has a vendetta out for you, they could easily make up a story you screwed some underage girl, and you are basically fucked....and you know people there will lie their ass off to get ahead financially.......as in lawsuit.....:mad:

Rubicon
09-22-2011, 10:06 PM
If you're going to be a successful gringo bar/club/whorehouse owner in the DR you better have some well placed connections at the national level.

FritoBandito
09-22-2011, 10:08 PM
If you're going to be a successful gringo bar/club/whorehouse owner in the DR you better have some well placed connections at the national level.

Yeah, that's true as well.........

questner
09-22-2011, 10:15 PM
On numerous occasions people who live in Dom Rep for many years explained to me that law per se does not matter - it is a police state. What matters is deep pockets and connections. Money and guns talk, shit walks.

On the other hand, if you have an itch to open business there, do it as a corporation with proper shareholders and hire a manager. Let him go to jail.

yayow
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
If I was a gringo business owner in Sosua, I'd make damn sure I had some connected Dominicans in local government who I could count on for support when shit should ever hit the fan.

Sad thing in the DR, if some Dominican has a vendetta out for you, they could easily make up a story you screwed some underage girl, and you are basically fucked....and you know people there will lie their ass off to get ahead financially.......as in lawsuit.....:mad:

By the way not to get into any details here on the board, but it can happen to another Dominican as well believe it or not, Dominicans will lie if they think you have the almighty buck and they think they can make a fast score. Part of the reason, I had to leave Santo Domingo immediately, not anywhere near the allegation that guy had to deal with, but because another Dominican made an accusation against my business in Rancho Arriba, San Jose de Ocoa and I had to go up there to straighten it out, I am sure part of the reason was because I am a Gringo and they know it's my business, that is despite the fact that I don't normally have anything to do with the day to day operation of the place and my ex who is Dominicana runs the show, and they felt they could get away with it. But I have a few friends as well :iconTU:, Also part of the reason I have stayed here so long to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

As soon as something looks like it is getting a little bit successful, people want to see if they can get something too. It's funny to me.

jose1234
09-23-2011, 12:33 AM
I was in Sosua tonight but not downtown and something happened downtown because when I drove by there were policia all over the place. Ran into a puta who said something had happened at the Disco and she and her friend decided not to go downtown to avoid getting picked up by the police. If I knew any Spanish I might be able to give more details...