PDA

View Full Version : Any Musicians in town

MisterPink
12-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Ruby's (old VooDoo Lounge)has an open mike night on Tuesday nights!
We are looking for a Bassist and Guitarist for a weekly Jam session @ 8:30PM.

If it works out, and we actually produce music, perhaps we can invite a few chicas for a POST JAM session! I have a few Santiaguerras in mind that like Rock n' Roll.

**Please keep this thread for musicians' responses ONLY.

mp

weyland
01-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Is the following post from you or one of your colleagues?

http://www.dr1.com/forums/473229-post9.html

If not, you might wish to contact the poster tflea

prtyr2
01-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I play a bit of guitar. I have been bitten by the music bug once again and have a little "studio" set up here in my apt insanto domingo. Justr a laptop with Sonar, and a bunch of software, a microphone, keyboard and drum trigger device.

I used to only play originlas and am recording some demos of tunes I have not really played in 10 years or so. Had the bass player from a local merengue group lay down some bass for me!

What type of music are they playing? I have a guitar down here and also a podxt live that I can plug right into a PA etc. I recently jammed with some co workers and we played a few songs at a company xmas party. We sucked but it was fun!

MisterPink
01-01-2007, 12:29 PM
If you are in Sosua stop by Ruby's on January 23rd around 8:30PM.
I have not been to this jam yet, and will just show up.
Is it worth driving 4 hours just to jam, probably not.
Perhaps we can set up a serious jam another time, I have 20 PLUS years of drumming under my belt and can hold my own.

The worst case scenario is we get drunk and play music!

mp

prtyr2
01-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I doubt I will be in town on the 23rd as I will be traveling on business most of Q1 2007. If I do get any weekends free they will most likely be spent in the DR. I would drive or take a bus to sosua to jam and hang in sosua a bit. I can use som coney island fries from Lou's and some ribs from rockys!