PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Discovery Santo Domingo

Drjetman
12-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I just got back from 3 weeks in Santo Domingo.For 10 days I stayed at the Hotel Discovery which is located next to The Conde across from The Parque De Independencia.It's a new hotel and the accommadations are great.There are 3 types of rooms $35,$50 and $80.The $80 one's are suites.That's where I stayed.It's chica friendly but you have to pay $10 to bring a girl in.There is no charge,however,if you are staying in the suite.
There is on-site free park,cable TV,in room fridge,a safe,restaurant,a small pool on the top floor that has tables as well.The Suites have microwaves.There is internet access in the rooms and a computer in the lobbly.
I had a great time there.I've stayed in many hotels in Santo Domingo and The Discovery is at the top of the list.The website is discoverygranhotel.com.

Bug Boy
12-31-2006, 07:46 PM
I just got back from 3 weeks in Santo Domingo.For 10 days I stayed at the Hotel Discovery which is located next to The Conde across from The Parque De Independencia.It's a new hotel and the accommadations are great.There are 3 types of rooms $35,$50 and $80.The $80 one's are suites.That's where I stayed.It's chica friendly but you have to pay $10 to bring a girl in.There is no charge,however,if you are staying in the suite.
There is on-site free park,cable TV,in room fridge,a safe,restaurant,a small pool on the top floor that has tables as well.The Suites have microwaves.There is internet access in the rooms and a computer in the lobbly.
I had a great time there.I've stayed in many hotels in Santo Domingo and The Discovery is at the top of the list.The website is discoverygranhotel.com.

Thanks DRJetman, we always can count on your for the latest SDQ info..So did you manage to get any pics of the suite or perhaps know the difference of the 50$ room?

Drjetman
12-31-2006, 07:54 PM
I do have pics of the suite which I will post when I transfer the images from my camera.I looked at the lower priced rooms and they were very small.They were nice but there was'nt alot of area to move around in,just a bed and a tiny sitting area with a table and chair.

BBplays
12-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Hell, you probably would have blown the price difference paying $10 /chica/day!!!!

prtyr2
01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I have not stayed at Discovery but my buddy has gone there a few friday nights as they have a live "group" playing music and 2 chicas dancing. He says it is a cool place to hang and have a few beers etc. I may check it out this friday night.

Drjetman
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Here are some pics of the suite.For your viewing pleasure I have included a chica in a few of them.

psriches
01-01-2007, 02:46 PM
How would you compare it to the Mercure?

Drjetman
01-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I have seen the rooms in the Mecure and they are small like the lower priced rooms at the Discovery. The Suites,the pool,the parking and the newness of the Discovery would make me pick the Discovery if I had to choose.

bryan_sr
01-01-2007, 06:52 PM
How about compared to Hotel Palacio which is also on the El Conde.

Drjetman
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
If I went back tomorrow I'd go to the Discovery for all the aforementioned reasons and because the staff is better to deal with in my opinion.It may be because they the Hotel is new and they are just getting used to the job.
The front desk staff are men so you don't have to deal as much with the walk of shame stuff.

MisterPink
01-14-2007, 08:56 PM
How is the rooftop pool?
It's nice to take a swim after a hot day of pussy hunting on El Conde!

mp

bryan_sr
01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Too many hotels to choose from.

MisterPink
01-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Try Hotel Raizor, right behind Jaragua.
You can sneak into the Jaragua pool, or slip the guy a few hundred Pesos to use it.

mp

Bug Boy
01-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Try Hotel Raizor, right behind Jaragua.
You can sneak into the Jaragua pool, or slip the guy a few hundred Pesos to use it.

mp

Do you have a review, perhaps pics of this place?

Drjetman
01-15-2007, 05:11 AM
How is the rooftop pool?
It's nice to take a swim after a hot day of pussy hunting on El Conde!

mp

The rooftop pool is about 12'/12'.I never saw anybody in it but it's a nice diversion.There are also tables and chairs with umbrellas on the top floor and the view is great.