PDA

View Full Version : Danilo approves Margarita

NewsWhore
09-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Ruling PLD party presidential candidate Danilo Medina spoke yesterday to comment favorably on First Lady Margarita Cedeno's qualities for Vice President. "I share President Leonel Fernandez's view that Dona Margarita would be an excellent candidate for the Vice Presidency. She has all the qualities: she is a woman with great social vocation, a woman who has been serving the country disinterestedly," he said, as reported in Listin Diario. He praised her performance during the eight years of Fernandez's presidency, adding that she has also served as the President's deputy legal advisor, and thus has had high-level administrative experience.

Medina said that he would take the decision in time. "I have said so already. I will do a market study to determine who is the closest to the ideal to be my running mate," he said.

Medina answered questions from journalists during an event held to swear in members of the National Culture Commission that took place at the Palacio Consistorial of the Colonial City.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#1)