PDA

View Full Version : 11/2006 - JET BLUE TO PUERTO PLATA - Current Sales

Pages : [1] 2 3

BCell
11-19-2006, 06:49 PM
the new flight times sucks.

It must be cheaper for them to fly these times. I would've flown out last minute yesterday (approx $360 w/taxes) til wed. but the times made it not worth it. I didn't want to pay $500+ (w/taxes) on another airline or make stops (too short a trip).

Anyone else been affected by these times? arrive 4:28am, depart 6am

Apos
11-19-2006, 07:00 PM
i don't mind the 4:28am arrival. just have a chica wait for you at a nearby cabaņa...like horus or taxi straight to the caribe tours and catch the 6:00am or 6:30am bus.

however i hate the 6:00am departure so consider 1way tickets...jet blue to get there and AA to depart. AA has a much better return time.

also returning from POP 1way is an option for only another $35.
the new flight times sucks.

It must be cheaper for them to fly these times. I would've flown out last minute yesterday (approx $360 w/taxes) til wed. but the times made it not worth it. I didn't want to pay $500+ (w/taxes) on another airline or make stops (too short a trip).

Anyone else been affected by these times? arrive 4:28am, depart 6am

Hemp
11-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Jet blue is on some other shit with the DR schedule??? i mean its my favorite airline as far as other places...but when it comes to DR they on some different shit...its a shame cause they are the cheapest. but fuck it...i fucks with Delta.

psriches
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
The problem is they don't officially have terminal space in Santiago. Therefore they borrow terminal space(for a small fee of course) and use it during off-peak times, basically when other airlines are not! This is how they manage to keep their cost low.

Hemp
11-19-2006, 10:44 PM
The problem is they don't officially have terminal space in Santiago. Therefore they borrow terminal space(for a small fee of course) and use it during off-peak times, basically when other airlines are not! This is how they manage to keep their cost low.

ok...now that sounds more reasonable to me, i rather leave 5 in the morning to DR then 11 at night...
but if its part of there scheme to keep flights cheap then...

Willie
11-20-2006, 10:37 AM
ok...now that sounds more reasonable to me, i rather leave 5 in the morning to DR then 11 at night...
but if its part of there scheme to keep flights cheap then...

Airlines make money when planes are flying. Instead of parking the plane for the night, fly it to STI and back in time for the normal daily schedule.

Willie

psriches
01-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Send the suggestion here:

http://www.jetblue.com/email/citysuggest.asp?intcmp=where_we_fly1

thanks pana

BCell
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM

thanks pana

if you don't fly Jetblue do it anyway, suggest JFK to POP for me!

Malo
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Like 72 of us calling them will change their minds.

sicpup71
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM

no but if u told 2 friends and they told 2 friends and so on and so on !!!LOL

Jimmydr
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
no but if u told 2 friends and they told 2 friends and so on and so on !!!LOL

I really don't think so since American went from 4 a day to none.

Hemp
01-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Fuck Jet blue...there loss!!!

BCell
01-02-2007, 04:10 PM
when are the lurkers going to pay it forward?

Jimmydr
01-02-2007, 04:11 PM
when are the lurkers going to pay it forward?

When hookers pay us.

Hemp
01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
When hookers pay us.

and pimps give us credit.

psriches
01-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Like 72 of us calling them will change their minds.True, but what about the 500,000 Dominicans and AI travelers in New York that use Jet Blue on a regular basis? Not about ISOC only............

Jimmydr
01-02-2007, 07:05 PM
True, but what about the 500,000 Dominicans and AI travelers in New York?

Some History about DR. Maybe 50,000 live around the Puerto Plata area while 2,000,000 live near Santiago and 4,000,000 around the Capital. They made noice and Santiago airport was completed after 10 or more years. POP is HISTORY.

BlueDevil
01-02-2007, 08:54 PM

thanks pana

Done!!!!!!!

Tony Toca
01-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I have from someone who knows someone at Jetblue that they are looking at a JFK to POP flight in late 2007.

While this is bar talk, I am preety sure there is some true to it. After all, look at Continential, they are now at 7 days a week to POP this winter (I know some of this is due to AA getting out of POP direct from JFK).

Beads
01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
yea I noticed Continental going 7 days now thats awesome. They chopped off some days this summer which made me change dates. Their rates seem to be going through the roof though.

MegaSquirt
01-02-2007, 11:15 PM
I wrote to Jetblue about a year ago and this is what they told me...

"We appreciate your message concerning our flight schedule for the Dominican Republic market.
Although we do not receive advanced notice of when additional flight times will be added, or when a
particular flight will be discontinued, we will certainly pass along your message to our scheduling
department. Thank you for being a JetBlue fan! We appreciate your compliment, and you loyalty to
JetBlue very much!

Please stay tuned to our website for future announcements."

If they do go along with flights to POP, I wonder if this is going to be year round.

Gutter Meat
01-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Didnīt think i was gonna make it here yesterdays continental flight ewr to pop. I fly often and never been in turbulance like that...

Jimbo44
01-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Thanx .... I needed that....

RSMMAN
01-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Can you New Yorkers send some of your Dominicans to california so I can
get a better price on my flights or at least direct flight from Lax to POP..

psriches
01-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Can you New Yorkers send some of your Dominicans to california so I can
get a better price on my flights or at least direct flight from Lax to POP..No problem. But first, send us your Mexicans so we can get better flights to Mexico!

It is what it is!!

RSMMAN
01-30-2007, 02:39 AM
No problem. But first, send us your Mexicans so we can get better flights to Mexico!

It is what it is!!

They are on there way :-p

Jimmydr
01-30-2007, 08:23 AM
No problem. But first, send us your Mexicans so we can get better flights to Mexico!

It is what it is!!

They can't get there, no gwa gwa's go that way.

lr444
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I just got back from Santiago.
After talking to the Jet Blue rep he said Jet Blue has been talking about and getting ready start flights going into Puerto Plata.
He said they have been getting a good respons from customers who want to fly into Puerto Plata he said that Jet Blue will be starting flights to Puerto Plata or Santo Domingo with in the next year. We will see

psriches
02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
True, but what about the 500,000 Dominicans and AI travelers in New York that use Jet Blue on a regular basis? Not about ISOC only............You see Mr. Malo, their minds can be changed!!

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
You see Mr. Malo, their minds can be changed!!

Sure, lets see it happen.

guttaman
02-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Jet Blue in Boston plans on opening up more routes to the Caribbean. A non stop to POP would make long weekends more doable for me.

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Jet Blue in Boston plans on opening up more routes to the Caribbean. A non stop to POP would make long weekends more doable for me.

Yea, $300 RT would be great.

MegaSquirt
02-06-2007, 11:17 PM
They have to, nobody else is flying into POP directly from JFK. But, all of us should keep sending those emails to JetBlue. Wouldn't it be cool if they sell tickets at $79 O/W non-stop? :wink: :wink:

officemgr
03-01-2007, 08:06 PM
jetblue is flying into santo domingo starting in a couple of months. its listed on their website at $109 each way but when i tried to book a march trip i got a message saying they did not start flying there yet.

Apos
03-01-2007, 08:12 PM
i think may 26 is the start date although i could only get return flights from SDQ nothing to it yet.:confused::confused::confused:
jetblue is flying into santo domingo starting in a couple of months. its listed on their website at $109 each way but when i tried to book a march trip i got a message saying they did not start flying there yet.

sicpup71
03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
i think may 26 is the start date although i could only get return flights from SDQ nothing to it yet.:confused::confused::confused:

Daily nonstop service between New York, NY (JFK) and Santo Domingo (SDQ) starts May 24, 2007

BCell
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
from JFK correct? it ain't POP but good news

David Smash
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Hmmm.....Jet Blue is flying to Santo Domingo??? Oh yes now I have to go. C'mon Jet Blue give us POP!

From JFK to SDQ 5/31 - 6/9 is 337 R/T!!!!

sicpup71
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Daily nonstop service between New York, NY (JFK) and Santo Domingo (SDQ) starts May 24, 2007

Nonstop service between Boston, MA (BOS) and Cancun, Mexico (CUN) starts March 02, 2007
Daily nonstop service between Boston, MA (BOS) and Bermuda (Hamilton), BM (BDA) starts May 01, 2007
Daily nonstop service between Orlando, FL (MCO) and Ponce, PR (PSE) starts May 24, 2007

RSMMAN
03-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm sure there is another airline company waiting to be born...

Guychen_lu
03-02-2007, 07:42 AM
What's that..!!!???. RSMMAN

RSMMAN
03-02-2007, 01:06 PM
LOOK Now you can buy your things back from the Airport ...
http://search.ebay.com/ntsa_W0QQssPageNameZWLRS

lr444
03-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Not Puerto Plata but it's a Start !http://www.jetblue.com/wherewefly/
Daily nonstop service between New York, NY (JFK) and Santo Domingo (SDQ) starts May 24, 2007.

Jimmydr
03-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Not Puerto Plata but it's a Start !http://www.jetblue.com/wherewefly/
Daily nonstop service between New York, NY (JFK) and Santo Domingo (SDQ) starts May 24, 2007.

2 flights a day, 1 in the middle of the night.

Tenmei27
06-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Alright I'm wondering if any one else haeard the rumors that jetblue was going bankrupt... Cause I kinow with my luck they would sayu POP flights and the next day i would see the newscast saying they were liquidating assets and dropping off most of their service to another airline.:doh:

guttaman
06-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Alright I'm wondering if any one else haeard the rumors that jetblue was going bankrupt... Cause I kinow with my luck they would sayu POP flights and the next day i would see the newscast saying they were liquidating assets and dropping off most of their service to another airline.:doh:

JetBlue just had their 1st negative quarter in many years. I see them maybe scaling down on existing flights. I do hope to see a POP flight ASAP.

jensenspecial
10-02-2007, 07:23 PM
just heard that American Airlines will lose their monopol on POP Airport in December 2007.
That means that Jet Blue and Spirits would be able to land here right off puta highway...does anybody know anymore about that?

blacksultan
10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
just heard that American Airlines will lose their monopol on POP Airport in December 2007.
That means that Jet Blue and Spirits would be able to land here right off puta highway...does anybody know anymore about that?

Oh shit, Discover has a JetBlue card I think.

Jimmydr
10-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Its not listed on the Jet Blue site yet?

Jimmydr
10-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Spirit goes as far as December 13 and doesn't show POP either.

jensenspecial
10-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I said they would be able....which means if they were competitive with their prices it would be an big advantage for tourism...paying half of the airfare than before...
that is what they use in Europe : there are flights for the weekends from any major european city to the canary islands under Euro 100,- !!
that would be excellent for everybody to see some competition to AA !!!

elsucio
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Spirit goes as far as December 13 and doesn't show POP either.

Spirit offers some decent fares to SDQ out of Washington National but i try to avoid them if i cand find somewhat comparble fares, they are a pain at times

agua chico
10-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Delta has been flying into POP since last year.

Ingus_Khan
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
My upcoming flights are on Delta and they always seem to match fares with AA. Except on holidays when I wasn't able to find retun flights on delta for thanksgivng.

Delta has been flying into POP since last year.

guttaman
10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Jet Blue has had POP in their sights since last year. They have been tweeking their flights to STI ( with non stops from Boston ). Added flights to SDQ. So POP will be coming in the near future. Only problem will be dealing with the airport owners for counter and gate space.

psriches
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
But is it really worth it for the other airlines?

American, Continental and Delta don't really make any money flying the AI crowd to POP. They make more from their STI and SDQ routes.

MegaSquirt
10-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Gotta be Delta or someone else, I'm going to find out.

Oh man...I think it is Delta, they are hiring alot of new people out JFK, this must be why.
Either way, I think you are going to be very happy Peter!

Cuba Libre
10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
That means that Jet Blue and Spirits would be able to land here right off puta highway...does anybody know anymore about that?They really don't have a monopoly. Both Delta and Continental fly into POP. There are times when flights on the ewr-pop route can be had for under $300US (including the $127US tax).

Unfortunately the airlines seem to be in collusion, when one airline raises their prices, the others do the same. It also happens in the STI and SDQ markets where Spirit and JetBlue operate.

jensenspecial
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM
They really don't have a monopoly. Both Delta and Continental fly into POP. There are times when flights on the ewr-pop route can be had for under $300US (including the $127US tax).

Unfortunately the airlines seem to be in collusion, when one airline raises their prices, the others do the same. It also happens in the STI and SDQ markets where Spirit and JetBlue operate.

they are stupid then ...competition would be if they lower the prices ...that is why you fly in Eurpe cheaper every 3 months...
Belin-Rome 65 Euros for example round trip !!!
Imagine all the mongers paying US$ 70 round trip to POP from NYC, NJ and Boston...what a party every weekend and 10 planes arriving every Friday...wow...

El Drunko
10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I posted on this subject before. As I was leaveing POP in April, I made a comment to a security guy at the gate about new construction at the airport. He told me they were adding more gates so JetBlue would have better access.

tampabukkake
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
It is JetBlue, they filed on September 26 seeking approval JFK to POP beginning January 2008

tampabukkake
10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Well as Peter has posted... AA has lost the monopoly!
JetBlue is seeking approval to start JFK to POP in Jan 2008

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.cfm?documentid=488020&docketid=29358

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/p103/488020.pdf

David Smash
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
If JetBlue gets two flights in a day (one peak hours one off peak hours) This will not only help boost business for JetBlue. But also bring more New Yorkers back to DR

MegaSquirt
10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
It is JetBlue, they filed on September 26 seeking approval JFK to POP beginning January 2008

I believe that is the case as well but why is Jetblue keeping this in the dark? Unless, they are waiting for Continental to raise their prices to make an announcement. I can't wait to fly Jetblue again. :wink: :wink:

MegaSquirt
10-03-2007, 08:40 PM
This is great news !!!
Somebody gotta make a major announcement soon!!

tomgueguen
10-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Imagine all the mongers paying US$ 70 round trip to POP from NYC, NJ and Boston...what a party every weekend and 10 planes arriving every Friday...wow...

I don't want to imagine that, even in my worse nightmares.

May be it will be good for your business but it will change the offer and demand in favor of the chicas in automatically high up the prices and kill the laid back atmosphere of the town.

psriches
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Like 72 of us calling them will change their minds.I tried to tell Jimmy but he wouldn't listen!! That was back in January 2007.

Thanks again Pana!

Tony Toca
10-04-2007, 12:30 AM
If JetBlue gets two flights in a day (one peak hours one off peak hours) This will not only help boost business for JetBlue. But also bring more New Yorkers back to DR

Where in the Document does it say they are requesting two flights a day?

Tony Badabing
10-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Didnīt think i was gonna make it here yesterdays continental flight ewr to pop. I fly often and never been in turbulence like that...

No bullshit man......I take american,delta, to the d r all the time I took JET BLUE one time because the price was right.....Never will do that shit again the turbulence was crazy.... I was this close to being air sick for the first time.....Daaam I needed a drink early in the morning I usually never hit the free brugal at the airport but that day I did.....and I had to throw some of my stuff away because my bag was over the 50lbs limit...never again on jet blue:eek:
</IMG>

El Drunko
10-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Why would you think the airline had something to do with the turbulance? Thats just crazy. All airlines fly in the same corridors, like highways in the sky. You just happened to have bad timeing.

The baggage allowance has also been lowered on many airlines. Next time, travel lighter.

Jimmydr
10-04-2007, 07:44 AM
I tried to tell Jimmy but he wouldn't listen!! That was back in January 2007.

Thanks again Pana!

They get millions of requests yearly. 72 won't change a thing and besides, maybe 36 of us are requesting Medellin:eek:

Hemp
10-04-2007, 07:53 AM
i think once they open up JFK-POP all there money for that route will be made by mongers!!! just enough to keep it 100 booked.

i doubt that will draw a bigger NYC crowd, i feel it will just make the "money conscious" monger like myself more apt to take Jetblue ALL THE TIME. this whole PASSPORT regulation also had a huge affect on the travel scene down there...many still dont have one and are not getting one!!! i know someone who was denied because he owed some child support...LOL

El Drunko
10-04-2007, 11:21 AM
i think once they open up JFK-POP all there money for that route will be made by mongers!!! just enough to keep it 100 booked.

i doubt that will draw a bigger NYC crowd, i feel it will just make the "money conscious" monger like myself more apt to take Jetblue ALL THE TIME. this whole PASSPORT regulation also had a huge affect on the travel scene down there...many still dont have one and are not getting one!!! i know someone who was denied because he owed some child support...LOL

I don't think the passport thing is a major factor, although I'm sure it doesn't help. The DR was already slow when that came into effect last year.

Secondly, the guy you know should man-up and pay his child support before he even considers a vacation.

Tony Badabing
10-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Why would you think the airline had something to do with the turbulance? Thats just crazy. All airlines fly in the same corridors, like highways in the sky. You just happened to have bad timeing.

The baggage allowance has also been lowered on many airlines. Next time, travel lighter.
Bad timeing naaaaaa....... maybe because there plane's are smaller than others and i've been in turbulence before some bad at time's but never got sick

psriches
10-04-2007, 06:04 PM
They get millions of requests yearly. 72 won't change a thing and besides, maybe 36 of us are requesting Medellin:eek:The reason they changed was because of the requests. So if everyone thought like you...................

psriches
10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't think the passport thing is a major factor, although I'm sure it doesn't help.But i'll tell you one thing; those that used to sneak down with the birth certificate (and i was one of them) can no longer do so!!!!

El Drunko
10-05-2007, 12:39 AM
[yellow]
Bad timing naaaaaa....... maybe because there plane's are smaller than others and I've been in turbulence before some bad at time's but never got sick

LMAO, they still fly in the same corridor. You happened to hit a bad day. Personally I like turbulence, and I love the biggest baddest roller coasters also. 727, 737,757, MD80 they all fly at a maximum of 37,000 ft. Its only the 747, 767, and airbus 380 that fly at 46,000.

You hit a bad day. The carrier has nothing do do with it. When you know what your talking about, give a rebuttal.

BTW I took the liberty of spell checking your post.

Tony Badabing
10-05-2007, 05:35 PM
BTW what the fuck do you know about turbulence when your drunk away...lol And I said how I felt after I rode JET BLUE not you!!!!! fuck JET BLUE and fuck you for the spell check MR EL DRUNKO

Ter319
10-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Booked Continental out of Newark to POP for under 400 round trip the last week Nov..

El Drunko
10-05-2007, 10:30 PM
LMAO your welcome

psriches
10-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Well as Peter has posted... AA has lost the monopoly!
JetBlue is seeking approval to start JFK to POP in Jan 2008

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.cfm?documentid=488020&docketid=29358

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/p103/488020.pdf

Anyway, i don't see how prices will get lower. All these airlines are in collusion with each other. So it doesn't matter if there's 2 or 10 different airlines. The price the group sets is what it is. And Jet Blue will cooperate because they probably need to rent air terminal space from the other airlines. Just my opinion!

Jimmydr
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Anyway, i don't see how prices will get lower. All these airlines are in collusion with each other. So it doesn't matter if there's 2 or 10 different airlines. The price the group sets is what it is. And Jet Blue will cooperate because they probably need to rent air terminal space from the other airlines. Just my opinion!

You are so negative these days, why?:p

psriches
10-07-2007, 11:53 AM
You are so negative these days, why?:pI think the DR chica "begging" and other bullshit is finally getting to me. Still doesn't outweigh the 3 hour flight for under $300. But it's getting close. I think if the flights were $250 and under, i wouldn't mind the bs as much!:wink:

Jimmydr
10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I think the DR chica "begging" and other bullshit is finally getting to me. Still doesn't outweigh the 3 hour flight for under $300. But it's getting close. I think if the flights were $250 and under, i wouldn't mind the bs as much!:wink:

In a few months when you get to Colombia and have a beg free time you will be new again.:p

Jimmydr
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
JetBlue Service stats January 10 and they added on St Maarten!

MegaSquirt
10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes indeed, I am already looking for my return back to Paradise. If you book now through their website you get triple points! :) :)

psriches
10-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm loving the times.... And it's direct non-stop. The fares seem to be about the same though. $325 - $400. I don't think the fares will be any cheaper. But you can't beat non-stop into POP.

Sample:

Wed, 23 Jan 08
Flight 789 10:30 AM Depart New York, NY (JFK) 3:20 PM Arrive Puerto Plata, DR (POP)

Tue, 05 Feb 08
Flight 790 4:15 PM Depart Puerto Plata, DR (POP) 7:05 PM Arrive New York, NY (JFK)

Happy days are here again!! Maybe??

David Smash
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm loving the times.... And it's direct non-stop. The fares seem to be about the same though. $325 - $400. I don't think the fares will be any cheaper. But you can't beat non-stop into POP.

Sample:

Wed, 23 Jan 08
Flight 789 10:30 AM Depart New York, NY (JFK) 3:20 PM Arrive Puerto Plata, DR (POP)

Tue, 05 Feb 08
Flight 790 4:15 PM Depart Puerto Plata, DR (POP) 7:05 PM Arrive New York, NY (JFK)

Happy days are here again!! Maybe??

Ok so Jet Blue is flying non-stop to POP. Well I may have some weekend trips to book.

Gutter Meat
10-11-2007, 11:30 PM
NEW YORK, Oct. 11, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- JetBlue Airways, the low-fare, low-cost airline with the most flights to the Caribbean, today announces it will add new service this winter to two more island destinations: St. Maarten in the Netherlands Antilles and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. The award-winning airline will offer one daily nonstop flight between Puerto Plata and New York/JFK effective January 10, 2008, and one daily nonstop flight between St. Maarten and New York/JFK effective January 17, 2008*.

With its new nonstop flights to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata, JetBlue now offers its unique brand of low-fare service and high frills to a total of eleven Caribbean/Atlantic destinations including Aruba; Bermuda; Cancun; Nassau; Aguadilla, Ponce and San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Santiago and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. JetBlue will serve 55 destinations in seven countries this winter.

"Customers have been asking for more JetBlue flights to the Caribbean and today we're pleased to add service to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata, two of the most beautiful spots in the region," said Marty St. George, JetBlue's Vice President of Network Planning. "With JetBlue, customers enjoy award-winning inflight entertainment, generous name-brand snacks, and top-notch customer service -- all at some of the lowest fares around. We think the flight should be as good as the destination, so on your next trip to the Caribbean, we invite you to experience all that flying should be."

Customers flying JetBlue to/from St. Maarten and Puerto Plata will travel in style aboard the airline's modern Airbus A320 fleet, which features all-leather seating and the most legroom in coach (based on average fleet-wide seat pitch for U.S. airlines), as well as complimentary first-run movies and bonus features from FOX InFlight(tm) on JetBlue's signature seatback televisions. Through its largest focus city at New York's JFK Airport, JetBlue also offers Caribbean travelers convenient connecting service to destinations across the airline's coast-to-coast route network.

"JetBlue's tremendous success flying from New York to the Caribbean is a testament to the affordable, high-quality service that has made the airline a must for New Yorkers visiting relatives or hoping for a relaxing vacation at the beach," said New York's senior U.S. Senator Charles Schumer. "The expanded service to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata promises the same exceptional service for thousands of New Yorkers eager to fill the seats to visit loved ones or travel to new destinations."

"I am so pleased that JetBlue is continuing their commitment to bringing New Yorkers more access to low cost travel options by offering this new service between JFK and the Caribbean," said Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. "This is particularly welcome news for many New Yorkers in our Caribbean community who are looking for affordable air fare options so they can visit family and friends back home."

"Congratulations to JetBlue on this expansion to the Caribbean," said Chairman Charles Rangel (NY-15th). "My Congressional District has the largest population of Dominicans outside of the Dominican Republic. JetBlue's expansion of service to not only Santo Domingo and Santiago, but to Puerto Plata as well, will make it much more convenient for my constituents to visit the island and their relatives."

St. Maarten

JetBlue's new service between New York and St. Maarten's Princess Juliana International Airport, with fares starting at $159(a) each way:

--------------------------------------------------------------

New York, NY (JFK) to St. Maarten, Netherlands

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles (SXM) to

Antilles (SXM) New York, NY (JFK)

Depart - Arrive Depart - Arrive

9:35 a.m. - 2:40 p.m. 3:35 p.m. - 7:05 p.m.

(eff. Jan. 17, 2008) (eff. Jan. 17, 2008)

"On behalf of the Island Territory of St. Maarten, I am pleased to welcome JetBlue Airways," said Roy Marlin, St. Maarten's commissioner of tourism. "JetBlue customers will soon discover that St. Maarten is the best leisure destination in the region, offering 37 beaches, over 400 restaurants with Gold Award winning chefs, exceptional entertainment and nightlife as well as a myriad of accommodations to fit any lifestyle -- all in a safe, friendly, cosmopolitan environment."

"On behalf of the Sint Maarten Hospitality and Trade Association, we are proud to have participated in the process of developing a strategic partnership with JetBlue," said Emil Lee, the organization's president. "We are totally committed to this win-win partnership that will bring great value to St. Maarten, JetBlue and our customers. JetBlue's business model of low cost flights with great service will make travel between the United States and St. Maarten much more accessible for both the residents of St. Maarten and visitors from the United States."

Puerto Plata

JetBlue's new service between New York and Puerto Plata's Gregorio Luperon International Airport, with fares starting at $109(a) each way:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

New York, NY (JFK) to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (POP)

Puerto Plata, Dominican to

Republic (POP) New York, NY (JFK)

Depart - Arrive Depart - Arrive

10:30 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. 4:15 p.m. - 7:05 p.m.

(eff. Jan. 10, 2008) (eff. Jan. 10, 2008)

"We offer JetBlue and all its customers the warmest welcome to Puerto Plata," said Mr. Felix Jimenez, minister of tourism of the Dominican Republic. "The Dominican north coast offers innumerable tourist attractions, world class golf, extreme sports, adventure tourism and a tremendous diversity of accommodations and gastronomy. Don't miss the opportunity to discover the most complete vacation destination in the Caribbean, which all can enjoy with serenity, safety and fun."

Customers enrolled in JetBlue's customer loyalty program, TrueBlue, will earn six TrueBlue points each way for flights between New York and St. Maarten or Puerto Plata. Double TrueBlue points are awarded for travel purchased online at www.jetblue.com. Customers can earn TrueBlue points even faster by using the JetBlue Card from American Express. Every time cardholders purchase JetBlue travel with the Card, or earn at least one TrueBlue point through other purchasing using the Card, all TrueBlue points in the member's account automatically extend for another 12 months.

New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style. Known for its award-winning service and free TV as much as its low fares, JetBlue is now pleased to offer customers the most legroom throughout coach (based on average fleet-wide seat pitch for U.S. airlines). JetBlue is also America's first and only airline to offer its own Customer Bill of Rights, with meaningful and specific compensation for customers inconvenienced by service disruptions within JetBlue's control. Visit www.jetblue.com/promise for details. JetBlue currently serves 53 cities with up to 525 daily flights. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583), 1-809-200-9898 in the Dominican Republic, 801-365-2583 in St. Maarten, or visit www.jetblue.com.

* Service to Puerto Plata and St. Maarten is subject to receipt of government operating authority.

(a) All fares are subject to change without notice. Fares are only available for flights booked at jetblue.com. Travel costs $10 more per person if purchased by telephone, or at an airport or city ticket office. Fares require up to a 14-day advance purchase. Fares may not be available on all days or on all flights. Fares are most often found on midweek travel dates. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation, and are one-way, nonrefundable, and nontransferable. Cancellations and changes can be made prior to scheduled departure for $45 at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-809-200-9898 if located in the Dominican Republic) or $35 at jetblue.com, with applicable fare adjustment. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.40 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing. International fares also do not include government fees and taxes of up to $75.90 each way. All taxes and fees must be paid at the time of purchase. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without proper documentation. Other restrictions apply.

DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights outside the continental United States; however, where applicable FOX InFlight(tm) is offered complimentary on these routes. FOX InFlight(tm) is a trademark of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. JetBlue's in-flight entertainment service is provided by LiveTV, a wholly owned subsidiary of JetBlue.

This press release contains statements of a forward-looking nature which represent our management's beliefs and assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions, and are based on information currently available to us. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements due to many factors, including, without limitation, our extremely competitive industry; increases in fuel prices, maintenance costs and interest rates; our ability to implement our growth strategy, including the ability to operate reliably the EMBRAER 190 aircraft; our significant fixed obligations; our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel and maintain our culture as we grow; our reliance on high daily aircraft utilization; our dependence on the New York metropolitan market and the effect of increased congestion in this market; our reliance on automated systems and technology; our being subject to potential unionization; our reliance on a limited number of suppliers; changes in or additional government regulation; changes in our industry due to other airlines' financial condition; and external geopolitical events and conditions. Further information concerning these and other factors is contained in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to, the Company's 2006 Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.

psriches
10-12-2007, 07:33 AM
"Customers have been asking for more JetBlue flights to the Caribbean and today we're pleased to add service to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata, two of the most beautiful spots in the region," said Marty St. George, JetBlue's Vice President of Network Planning. Did you read that Jimmy?

Can you finally admit that customers writing in asking for a new service destination(which is what this thread was all about) really works??

Especially when the airline itself asks the customers to write in their opinions!!:wink:

Jimmydr
10-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Did you read that Jimmy?

Can you finally admit that customers writing in asking for a new service destination(which is what this thread was all about) really works??

Especially when the airline itself asks the customers to write in their opinions!!:wink:

I rather be wrong everytime on these matters but you were right. Too bad, most of us Colombian/Cuba travelers will go all to often to benefit from that direct service.

Please turn off the begging, its getting to me.

psriches
10-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Please turn off the begging, its getting to me.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pana
10-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Damn and I thought I was going to slow down going to DR with my buddy working for Jet Blue I cant pass up those buddy passes :D.

Hemp
10-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Im so pissed right now!!! i am planning for my Jan. 08 trip and i was looking on Jetblue and they dont start there JFK-POP UNTIL JANUARY 10TH!!!

i miss it by a few days...damn it.

ChicaSeeka
10-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Im so pissed right now!!! i am planning for my Jan. 08 trip and i was looking on Jetblue and they dont start there JFK-POP UNTIL JANUARY 10TH!!!

Damn , you waiting that long to go back :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hemp
10-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Damn , you waiting that long to go back :eek: :eek: :eek:

unfortunately its high season for my line of work...holidays man!!! :lol: actually i dont want to go anywhere this time of year...i like hanging with friends and family stateside.

but that new Jetblue flight schedule into POP is a good look for future sosua trips...;)

psriches
10-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Let us know if anyone is able to get the lower priced fares. Jet Blue's discount seats tend to sell out quick.

greydread
11-01-2007, 12:33 PM
It's good to see Jet Blue getting in on the punani trade. SXM is a great punani destination as well as POP. When I arrived in Aruba last time I saw Jet Blue prominently parked at their gate and thought "damn. I could've had a V8". Jet Blue is $428 r/t vs. $560 for the USairways ticket I bought.

I imagine that since St. Maarten is about an hour less flight time and POP even less, they'll be even cheaper but I could be wrong about that. I was amazed when they started their service to SDQ earlier this year and it was sooo f'ing expensive ($508 IAD/SDQ) vs. the 6hr, $428 r/t for IAD/AUA.

American just announced a fare hike and the DCA/SDQ round trip just went from $303 to $333. Crude oil tickled $96/barrel yesterday and I think all this competition in the airline industry will soon see a lot of acquisition posturing. We may look back at this timeframe as the golden age of monger traveling in a few years.....

MegaSquirt
11-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey guys...for four days only you can purchase your Jetblue tickets to POP (From JFK) for only $99.00 each way. They will start flying into POP on January 10th. Now is the time to book them! :wink: :wink:

http://www.jetblue.com/traveldeals/index.html?source=cds112707_allfares&sp_mid=897845

Jimmydr
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey guys...for four days only you can purchase your Jetblue tickets to POP (From JFK) for only $99.00 each way. They will start flying into POP on January 10th. Now is the time to book them! :wink: :wink:

http://www.jetblue.com/traveldeals/index.html?source=cds112707_allfares&sp_mid=897845

With tax its over $320.

TPdog
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
shut the fuck up! Just skip one of your manicure/pedicure sessions and the trip is the same......:eek:

MegaSquirt
11-27-2007, 08:55 PM
shut the fuck up! Just skip one of your manicure/pedicure sessions and the trip is the same......:eek:

That ain't right! You can probably get two roundtrip tickets for the price of a manicure/pedicure session. :p :p
For the record...I did get myself a manicure in DR. :corky: :corky:

Mr Mil
11-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok guys, I got an email from Jetblue yestarday (11/28/07) offering a from $99 and up SPECIAL. They are starting daily non-stop service from 01/10/08. Actually I was able to booked in January for 8 days. I was able to booked the first leg JFK/POP $85.00 and POP/JFK $109.00 = $194.00 + tax $126.80 = total $320.80!!! You know what if funny now!! AA is now offering $170 fare (+ taX) (round trip) for JFK/POP (connecting). I wouldn't be surprised if AA start flying NON-STOP JFK/POP POP/JFK once again!!!

Tomr929
12-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Are you aware that Jetblue from JFK to POP Jan 10th to Feb 6th total with tax $296.

psriches
12-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Are you aware that Jetblue from JFK to POP Jan 10th to Feb 6th total with tax $296.I imagine maybe 10 seats per flight are at that rate. So good luck booking one. You have to be quick. Like i said before, if anyone gets a discounted rate, please let us know!

guttaman
12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Multi-city ticket BOS-JFK-STI/POP-JFK-BOS
Fare price: 238
Taxes: 139.80
Total Price: 377.80

In the past anything out of Boston under $400 was a good deal. And that was off season. I love competition. Also, i am able to take the 7:50pm out on friday night doing the midnight out of JFK not missing a days work but still catching the whole weekend in Santiago. Then after a week in Sosua the 4:15 out of POP saves me a day of travel back to STI airport. For these prices i will use my AA miles for a flight to Hong Kong and start collecting JetBlue points.

Anyone got the link for a JetBlue Credit Card with no annual fee and bonus points??????????????????????

gmalet
12-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm fucking happy!! Jetblue from Chicago to POP. 438.00!! Shit I can't touch that price with American or Delta. No more Miami layovers!! No more Atlanta Layovers!!

Chicago now has 3 options. Competition gotta love it.

Bug Boy
12-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm fucking happy!! Jetblue from Chicago to POP. 438.00!! Shit I can't touch that price with American or Delta. No more Miami layovers!! No more Atlanta Layovers!!

Is that through JFK?? What dates?

Jimbo44
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM

You heard that TPdog??

guttaman
12-13-2007, 04:50 PM

I believe all the POP flights from up north go thru JFK but they are scheduled so there are no long or overnight layovers. I think the POP flights start mid January.

MisterPink
12-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Those $85 JFK-POP flights are almost all gone, I only found one in Feb. SDQ has a bunch if $107 fares.
I may have to stay for 6 weeks.

mp

Bug Boy
12-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I believe all the POP flights from up north go thru JFK but they are scheduled so there are no long or overnight layovers. I think the POP flights start mid January.

I just finished looking. The connection times are pretty tight.

The price goes up quite a bit for late week and weekend flights

gmalet
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM

Jan 18th through the 25th through JFK

MegaSquirt
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM

Jetblue will start flying out of JFK to POP on Thursday, January 10th. You gotta love JetBlue !! :D :D

B_J_Lover
12-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Any Jet Blue airports closer to Atlanta than Charlotte, NC? Dam dam dam!

MegaSquirt
12-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Any Jet Blue airports closer to Atlanta than Charlotte, NC? Dam dam dam!

You can always take Jetblue from Orlando (MCO) into Santo Domingo but that won't be possible till after March, 2008. In fact, I will eventually try it myself in the future. :wink: :wink:

brovo35
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM

I am looking forward to this because Jetblue flys out of Pittsburgh which is the same distance from me as Cleveland and no overnight layover in Miami. If only their website would work.

B_J_Lover
12-14-2007, 12:50 PM
You can always take Jetblue from Orlando (MCO) into Santo Domingo but that won't be possible till after March, 2008. In fact, I will eventually try it myself in the future. :wink: :wink:

Same distance - really Charlotte is closer.

ElPlomero
12-14-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't know about for you guys, but American's prices are quite a bit lower than Delta from New England. I'm not sure how much lower they will go. Also, it seems that POP is cheaper than STI or SDQ right now.

It might make flights there less worthwhile and may actually ruin things for us.

I think that's why Continental cut back on their flights.

rushdog34
01-08-2008, 10:17 AM
im looking to go to DR for the first time... whats the normal airfare rate that u seasoned veterans normally find??

guttaman
01-08-2008, 10:20 AM
im looking to go to DR for the first time... whats the normal airfare rate that u seasoned veterans normally find??

Depends on where you are flying from.

rushdog34
01-09-2008, 09:41 AM
either ny or nc

Depends on where you are flying from.

Beads
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
a good price is $300-$350 but expect higher during the winter. If you can get in between $300 and $350 you got the current lowest possible price.

Im including the $140 in taxes you HAVE yo pay in the $300-#350 price.

Galvin
01-09-2008, 01:47 PM
a good price is $300-$350 but expect higher during the winter. If you can get in between $300 and $350 you got the current lowest possible price.

I haven't been able to find a non stop for that low granted I have only been doing this for 3-4 months. I assume if you are flexible with the dates you are flying in and out you can find it.

Right now I am looking for presidents day weekend and prices including taxes are $600 and up (nonstop and including stops). But like beads says, that would be peak season. I paid $450 including taxes for nonstop in december.

rushdog34
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
ok so when is peak season down there.. what times of year do members of board normally head down there or is it mostly random and when ever people get the first chance off work

Jimmydr
01-09-2008, 04:00 PM
ok so when is peak season down there.. what times of year do members of board normally head down there or is it mostly random and when ever people get the first chance off work

If you look at the Calandar every week, someone is going somewhere.

Hemp
01-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Ive been going for almost 2yrs now...every trip i have taken (5 trips) there have been ISOC in town. 99% of the time you will run into a member at New Garden, shark bar or la passions.

ErikS
01-09-2008, 05:39 PM

Not nessicerrily so.
If your flexible with your dates, and quick to respond to sales, you can do better. I receive email alerts from farecompare.com and in the past year I've flown RT non-stop from Newark to Puerto Plata for $277.00, $277.00 & $295.00 on Continental

I also flew Delta twice from JFK into Santiago (NS) for $255.00

And all of the above prices include all taxes and fees.

The cheapest fares usually require travel on Tues, Wed & Thurs.

Right now (Dec-March) is generally considered "high season", and the airfares and hotel/condo rates usually reflect this.

While the room rates are usually lower April-Nov, that is not always the case with airfares. I've found that airfares tend to be expensive again during most of the summer.
And I've seen some great cheap air rates in the fall.

And FYI, June 1st - November 1st is officially "hurricane season", although it has been rainy nearly every day here so far this month!

Beads
01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Not nessicerrily so.
If your flexible with your dates, and quick to respond to sales, you can do better. I receive email alerts from farecompare.com and in the past year I've flown RT non-stop from Newark to Puerto Plata for $277.00, $277.00 & $295.00 on Continental

I also flew Delta twice from JFK into Santiago (NS) for $255.00

And all of the above prices include all taxes and fees.

The cheapest fares usually require travel on Tues, Wed & Thurs.

Right now (Dec-March) is generally considered "high season", and the airfares and hotel/condo rates usually reflect this.

While the room rates are usually lower April-Nov, that is not always the case with airfares. I've found that airfares tend to be expensive again during most of the summer.
And I've seen some great cheap air rates in the fall.

And FYI, June 1st - November 1st is officially "hurricane season", although it has been rainy nearly every day here so far this month!

While those rates are definitely possible generally purchasing a ticket from NY for ~$300-$350 is what I would consider a "good airfare price". If you do better thats awesome but for the average traveler if they are inside this window they did well.

guttaman
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Getting back to JetBlue. Been doing some fare searches for March, May and July. The prices are all over the place. Thank god for competition and the option of flying into Santiago..

Question: Anyone collect enough JB points for a free flight and how easy is it to get the flight you want with the points. Forget about the day, never seem to be able to get a FF flight on AA the week i want to go. And i'm looking 5 months ahead of time.

Jimmydr
01-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Getting back to JetBlue. Been doing some fare searches for March, May and July. The prices are all over the place. Thank god for competition and the option of flying into Santiago..

Question: Anyone collect enough JB points for a free flight and how easy is it to get the flight you want with the points. Forget about the day, never seem to be able to get a FF flight on AA the week i want to go. And i'm looking 5 months ahead of time.

I get to use the points on AA within a day of coming and going.

guttaman
01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I get to use the points on AA within a day of coming and going.

But is that with the 60g anytime or just the 30g. I found my dates in November for 25g but want around the 4th of July and on 1 end i have to go BOS/ORD-ORD/MIA-MIA/STI and it will take over 13 hours. Is there any cards that are better than the Citi AA platinum? Also any links to the JB card with the 1st year fees waived?

Jimmydr
01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
But is that with the 60g anytime or just the 30g. I found my dates in November for 25g but want around the 4th of July and on 1 end i have to go BOS/ORD-ORD/MIA-MIA/STI and it will take over 13 hours. Is there any cards that are better than the Citi AA platinum? Also any links to the JB card with the 1st year fees waived?

I used AA twice last year to go to Medellin using 35,000 points each time.

guttaman
01-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I used AA twice last year to go to Medellin using 35,000 points each time.

Just did a search for FF on AA for next week BOS/MDE and found flights for 30g. Looks like POP is a tough place to use AA miles to get to. Using miles to Santiago gives better options.

Now for JB. Anyone redeem JB points yet? Especially to POP.

Galvin
01-10-2008, 09:55 AM
While those rates are definitely possible generally purchasing a ticket from NY for ~$300-$350 is what I would consider a "good airfare price". If you do better thats awesome but for the average traveler if they are inside this window they did well.

Rush,

Beads and Eric are right. The only problem though is if you are not allowed to be flexible with your travel dates due to work/etc which is the case for me.

But if you are flexible and can also plan in advance then that's great.

Galvin
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM

That sux that the rain still hasn't broke...

Hemp
01-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Nope:(

this past monday the entire Pedro Clisante strip was flooded everyone was waste deep in water :icontd: i dont know whats up with the all the rain there currently. must be after affects of Hurricane Olga or something :confused:

That sux that the rain still hasn't broke...

Jimmydr
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Rush,

Beads and Eric are right. The only problem though is if you are not allowed to be flexible with your travel dates due to work/etc which is the case for me.

But if you are flexible and can also plan in advance then that's great.
Non Flexible, what is that? Fuck that.

MisterPink
01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Nope:(

this past monday the entire Pedro Clisante strip was flooded everyone was waste deep in water :icontd: i dont know whats up with the all the rain there currently. must be after affects of Hurricane Olga or something :confused:

The winter rainy season ends February 1st!
(This has been my experience the past 3 years)

Thanks for the trip report Hempstead, wear those galoshes!

mp

Jimbo44
01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I was there 10 days 12/20 - 12/30, and every day was sunny, it only rained off and on at night or very early in the morning.

guttaman
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I guess nobody has redeemed JB points yet. Hopefully in the near future i will find out for myself.

As for the rain. It seem to go in cycles. No real rainy season. Just hurricaine season. But as January goes i was there for 3 weeks back in 05 and it rained constantly. And at night i needed a light weight hoodie most of the time. So it is advised to bring alleast a long sleeved pullover or a spring jacket for the evenings.

Gutter Meat
01-11-2008, 01:32 AM
The Jet Blue flight to POP came in early yesterday.

psriches
01-11-2008, 08:22 AM
The Jet Blue flight to POP came in early yesterday.Is anyone getting cheap jfk pop $300 flights using jet blue

brovo35
01-11-2008, 10:10 AM
My excitement about Jetblue flying into POP turned to disapointment when I attempted to set up a flight to POP from Pittsburgh. Jetblue goes from PIT to JFK and from JFK to POP but I can't put together a flight package from PIT to POP. The airline said that I could make them separate leg individual flights but that I would have to get my baggage and recheck at each leg coming and going and they couldn't guarantee connections would be on time but there "appeared" to be enough time for me to do that. In addition, there was a cost hit doing it in separate legs.

I will have to continue to use AA out of cleveland I guess until this straigtens out.

sicpup71
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
My excitement about Jetblue flying into POP turned to disapointment when I attempted to set up a flight to POP from Pittsburgh. Jetblue goes from PIT to JFK and from JFK to POP but I can't put together a flight package from PIT to POP. The airline said that I could make them separate leg individual flights but that I would have to get my baggage and recheck at each leg coming and going and they couldn't guarantee connections would be on time but there "appeared" to be enough time for me to do that. In addition, there was a cost hit doing it in separate legs.

I will have to continue to use AA out of cleveland I guess until this straigtens out.

whats the big deal ?? how many bags do u have?? pit to jfk-jfk to pop how bad can the be??

Sun, 03 Feb 08
Flight 1050 7:00 AM Depart Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
8:42 AM Arrive New York, NY (JFK)

Sun, 10 Feb 08
Flight 1057 8:15 PM Depart New York, NY (JFK)
10:12 PM Arrive Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)

Total Cost of Flight $ 179.00 USD

Sun, 03 Feb 08
Flight 789 10:30 AM Depart New York, NY (JFK)
3:20 PM Arrive Puerto Plata, DR (POP)

Sun, 10 Feb 08
Flight 790 4:15 PM Depart Puerto Plata, DR (POP)
7:05 PM Arrive New York, NY (JFK)

Total Cost of Flight $ 297.40 USD

brovo35
01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
The 8:42 to 10:30 am baggage claim and re-check in and the TSA shuffle in JFK on a trip that I piece meal together, where a missed flight that I arranged seems risky for a trip that prices out in its entirety at $480.00 anyway. The lack of savings combined with inconvenience does not make this attractive versus AA for me at this time.

It would probably work out, but on anything less then 7 days losing a day or including the potential cost of a flight change fee it just isn't worth the effort.

guttaman
01-11-2008, 01:28 PM
The 8:42 to 10:30 am baggage claim and re-check in and the TSA shuffle in JFK on a trip that I piece meal together, where a missed flight that I arranged seems risky for a trip that prices out in its entirety at $480.00 anyway. The lack of savings combined with inconvenience does not make this attractive versus AA for me at this time.

It would probably work out, but on anything less then 7 days losing a day or including the potential cost of a flight change fee it just isn't worth the effort.

The bag recheck is the buzz kill. Even if i saved $100 i would not do it. Way too much hastle and the time is way too tight.

sicpup71
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
The bag recheck is the buzz kill. Even if i saved $100 i would not do it. Way too much hastle and the time is way too tight.
it all in the same place u get your bags and go up stairs.

guttaman
01-11-2008, 02:33 PM
it all in the same place u get your bags and go up stairs.

Easy for someone with a direct flight to say. You will need to get your bags, leave the secure area, stand in the check in line again because they will not issue the JFK/POP ticket in PIT. So by the time he goes to stand in line to recheck in it will be less than an hour before the POP flight leaves and unless he has VIP service he will be spending the night in NYC or catching the 1:20 to Santiago. That will totally defeat the whole PIT to POP idea.

brovo35
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Easy for someone with a direct flight to say. You will need to get your bags, leave the secure area, stand in the check in line again because they will not issue the JFK/POP ticket in PIT. So by the time he goes to stand in line to recheck in it will be less than an hour before the POP flight leaves and unless he has VIP service he will be spending the night in NYC or catching the 1:20 to Santiago. That will totally defeat the whole PIT to POP idea.

Those were my thoughts exactly. If this trip was 200 to 280 it might be worth the hassle and potential risk but at 480 it isn't for me! Thanks for the input though.

Hemp
01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Its cold as shit in NYC right now!!! :( and i have been reading reports of guys...and a bunch of guys will be in Sosua for the super bowl, hmmm ;)

i think the shark bar could use a Giants hater in there that night :)

Im on Jet blue right now direct to POP $325 :iconTU: :iconTU: feb. 1st-4th

My finger is hovering over the Confirm link.......................................:eek:

that Jet blue JFK-POP direct is like the golden ticket for New yorkers :D

guttaman
01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Its cold as shit in NYC right now!!! :( and i have been reading reports of guys...and a bunch of guys will be in Sosua for the super bowl, hmmm ;)

My finger is hovering over the Confirm link.......................................:eek:

that Jet blue JFK-POP direct is like the golden ticket for New yorkers :D

One day i too dream of a direct flight to POP...................... And the more Giants haters the merrier.

Jimmydr
01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Direct flights are over rated, yea right!

MyTio
01-21-2008, 05:20 PM

that Jet blue JFK-POP direct is like the golden ticket for New yorkers :D Stay home we dont need no haters:eek: :eek: :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :protest: :bootyshake: just kidding Hope to meet you show up and I even by a hater a drink

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>:jayman:

PapiQueRico
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
I just looked at the fights and they are expensive!

Hemp
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
i just looked at flights as well, Jetblue is currently $325 JFK-POP DIRECT.

I just looked at the fights and they are expensive!

PapiQueRico
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
i just looked at flights as well, Jetblue is currently $325 JFK-POP DIRECT.

I was checking mid August. Due to renovations the biz will be closed and I'll have a 3-4 day window. Jet Blue $605 all in.

I know this is a busy travel time but I can get Continental EWR-POP Direct for $350. (And EWR is better for me also)

cclarke33063
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Man I used to get great prices from MIA to POP now the prices are truly ridiculous. Flights to Costa Rica are cheaper. Unfortunately DR isn't a secret anymore it seems still we go but not as often 600-700+.
Wish more airlines flew into POP.

Ter319
03-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I got jet blue JFK to POP Mar 28 to April3 for 325 with tax

Jimmydr
03-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I got jet blue JFK to POP Mar 28 to April3 for 325 with tax

Thats a great price.

carolinajack
03-09-2008, 12:23 PM
When I checked JetBlue for July dates (2 - 6) it was $660 to depart on the 2nd - $880 for the 3rd; wound up booking AA for $460. Yes there's that Miami layover - but because the JB flight leaves 2 hours after the AA flight I'll actually get into POP 15 minutes before the JB flight touches down - I can deal with a 2 hour layover if it saves me $200...

...that dollar savings will pay for my room at NG :corky: !

Jimmydr
03-09-2008, 12:25 PM
When I checked JetBlue for July dates (2 - 6) it was $660 to depart on the 2nd - $880 for the 3rd; wound up booking AA for $460. Yes there's that Miami layover - but because the JB flight leaves 2 hours after the AA flight I'll actually get into POP 15 minutes before the JB flight touches down - I can deal with a 2 hour layover if it saves me $200...

...that dollar savings will pay for my room at NG :corky: !

So AA is $460 plus toss in a taxi for $80 each way and you are up to $620. Not really a bargin after all.

sicpup71
03-09-2008, 12:53 PM
So AA is $460 plus toss in a taxi for $80 each way and you are up to $620. Not really a bargin after all.

thatsn into pop not sti

carolinajack
03-09-2008, 01:08 PM

$80 taxi - Que paso? LGA is like 10 minutes from me...practically see the planes land and take off...that $460 included taxes.

JetBlue quotes basic price - $520 - then after tax and fees it blew up to $660.

carolinajack
03-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Again that was AA out of LGA $460 - JB out of JFK $660...

...both to POP; and LGA is a 15 - 20 min cab ride for me; JFK 35 - 40.

Hemp
03-14-2008, 10:45 PM
best flight i ever took to the DR...JFK-POP direct is a god send!!! LOL

tip: week day flights you breeze through customs when returning to JFK.

carolinajack
03-15-2008, 01:30 AM
best flight i ever took to the DR...JFK-POP direct is a god send!!! LOL

tip: week day flights you breeze through customs when returning to JFK.

Yeah I was considering Jet Blue - people who fly it regularly swear by it!

But couldn't pass up that $460 on AA vs $660 on JB; even with the 2 hr Miami layover, my AA flight will touch down (well is scheduled to) - in POP 15 min before JB. AA departs 7:30 AM - JB 9:55 AM...

...only concern is the baggage transfer - read a few posts about lost bags, and with flight transfers who knows:mad: :confused: :mad:

Bug Boy
03-15-2008, 04:40 AM

But couldn't pass up that $460 on AA vs $660 on JB; even with the 2 hr Miami layover, my AA flight will touch down (well is scheduled to) - in POP 15 min before JB. AA departs 7:30 AM - JB 9:55 AM...

...only concern is the baggage transfer - read a few posts about lost bags, and with flight transfers who knows:mad: :confused: :mad:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Let us know how that works out for you

Just kidding. If you got 2 hours you might be OK. Your bags are another story. Bring a change of clothes in your carry on.

Hemp
03-15-2008, 08:45 AM
with the baggage claims issues in miami, long lay overs, and long lay overs in puerto rico i think i may be willing to swallow the extra $150 on JB...the convienence alone for me is great!!!

Jimmydr
03-15-2008, 09:51 AM
with the baggage claims issues in miami, long lay overs, and long lay overs in puerto rico i think i may be willing to swallow the extra $150 on JB...the convienence alone for me is great!!!

Don't forget all the you can eat snacks!

MegaSquirt
03-15-2008, 10:44 AM

Ohh absolutely!!
Some guys were drinking on the way to POP and everybody was happy to be on that plane. By the way, as per Jetblue new policy, if your flight is delayed for more than an hour you will receive a voucher in your email.

SOSUAJOE
03-15-2008, 11:58 AM
jfk-pop===305.40..on Jetblue.....but a wed.-wed.

carolinajack
03-18-2008, 09:53 PM
jfk-pop===305.40..on Jetblue.....but a wed.-wed.

Just checked only thing is by the time you figure rt with taxes - that ticket totals $505. The dates I looked at were 07/02 - 07/09 Wed - Wed.

JB looks great at first - but when you go thru steps on site - the tax jacks you up

Hemp
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
one thing is for sure...they used to be known for there "cheaper than the rest fares" thats no longer the case, there fares are as much as the other airlines now. JB do have there positives though.

Just checked only thing is by the time you figure rt with taxes - that ticket totals $505. The dates I looked at were 07/02 - 07/09 Wed - Wed.

JB looks great at first - but when you go thru steps on site - the tax jacks you up

JuanElGriego
03-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Newark-POP on Continental .... 6/6-6/15 .... $375 with taxes

Cosmo Kramer
04-12-2008, 04:02 PM
I found that Monday flights both in and out of POP (direct to JFK) on JetBlue are the least expensive. Also noticed that you can't fly out of POP to JFK on Saturday, at least it appears that way.

ElPlomero
04-12-2008, 05:22 PM

Don't check bags. If you keep them with you, they won't get lost.

You can fit a weeks worth of clothes in an overheadable bag.

Use a lavendaria to help if you have to or want to.

elcuc0
06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
that's really cool!

Mad Mike
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
i need to book with jetblue next time, paid way too much on continental

Ter319
06-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I just booked for Jetblue from JFK TO POP on july 8 to july 13 for 560 round trip.

Tony Toca
07-18-2008, 08:44 AM
I just flew and got a Jetblue amex card and flew to STI. The offer was apply and get a $50 rebate.

There rewards program without the card is six points for each flight (to the DR) and they expire after a year. Once you reached 100 points, you get a voucher for travel on any flight, any seat.

When it came out, I thought you having to do 8 trips in 12 months was too much so I stayed will the AA and Cont programs.

However with the card, your miles don't expire and you get double points for flights purchased with the card (Dining and Entertainment are also double). Also, you get one point for every $200 spent.

So for this flight, I got 27 points (12 flight, 12 bonus and 3 spend).

So for every four flights, you get one free.

Guys, what are your experiences with this?

BCell
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
did you get the introductory 50 points plus the $50 rebate? If not call and complain because I got that deal in May. Also, if you get the business card you save an extra 3-5% off jetblue, delta and other vendor discounts too. I believe gas is double miles also, it's a decent card.

BCell
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
One more thing, with 100 points you get 2 one way tickets, you don't have to use them roundtrip. If I cannot accumulate enough points, I plan to pay cash on flights one way in the $129-200 range and then use points the other way, hoping to continue to get roundtrip below $350 w/taxes..and they do have blackout dates which sucks.

GREEKFREAK
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I got 50 jetblue points..jetblue now allows u 2 buy points...to buy 50 points its like 250$$...so basiclly 250 to go to dr!!!!!!!!!! successssss!!!!!

psriches
08-04-2008, 06:51 PM
New Pillow, Blanket Fees

JetBlue Announces New Blanket Fees

In-flight napping will cost you. JetBlue announces a new $7 charge for pillows and blankets.

By Samantha Bomkamp, AP

JetBlue Airways Corp. said Monday it is now charging customers for pillows and blankets.

The carrier has done away with the recycled blankets and pillows used on its flights and has started offering an "eco-friendly" travel blanket and pillow that can be purchased for $7 on flights longer than two hours. The pair come in a kit with a $5 coupon to home furnishings retailer Bed Bath & Beyond.

The carrier claims the pillow and blanket feature a fabric technology, developed by CleanBrands LLC, that blocks pesky critters like dust mites, mold spores, pollen and pet dander.

JetBlue already offers free "Snooze Kits" on overnight flights from the West that include an eyeshade and ear plugs.

But the blanket and pillow kit is the latest in a string of a la carte items the company says are providing a revenue boost to help offset the soaring price of jet fuel.

A JetBlue spokeswoman declined to predict how much the sale of these kits will bring in, saying that the company only provides revenue details for specific items in its quarterly earnings conference calls.

The carrier said last month it expects to collect about $40 million from customers buying seats with extra leg room this year. Its $15 fee for a second checked bag is expected to translate into about $20 million in additional revenue. A ticket change fee, which doubled to $100 in the second quarter, is part of a "basket of fee changes" expected to produce about $50 million in extra revenue in 2008.

MegaSquirt
08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Jetblue is selling tickets to DR (POP) from JFK for $79 one way on Sept 23.
One way?
http://www.jetblue.com/deals/jetoutoftown/default.asp?intcmp=hpIMGjetoutoftown20080825

I'm hoping they will have their annual (After Labor Day) Fall Sale.

carolinajack
08-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Jetblue is selling tickets to DR (POP) from JFK for $79 one way on Sept 23.
One way?
http://www.jetblue.com/deals/jetoutoftown/default.asp?intcmp=hpIMGjetoutoftown20080825

I'm hoping they will have their annual (After Labor Day) Fall Sale.

I hope they do something after Labor Day - I'm looking for a flight for October and right now it's the same $660 rt they were charging in July.

I opted for AA in the summer whiich saved me $200 and the flights rt were basically on time - but not looking to deal with that layover this trip.

psriches
08-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I hope they do something after Labor Day - I'm looking for a flight for October and right now it's the same $660 rt they were charging in July.

I opted for AA in the summer whiich saved me $200 and the flights rt were basically on time - but not looking to deal with that layover this trip.That's the thing with Jet Blue. Although they offer cheap fares, it might only be for 20 seats on each flight.

Cheeno
08-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I paid American Airlines $512 USD for a Sept 7th flight from Boston, MA to Santo Domingo, DR. I booked the ticket today.

American Airlines has non-stop flights from Boston to the DR only on Saturdays.

I asked how much if I were to depart on the 1st and return on the 4th and they said 740 USD. Damn.

Jimmydr
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
I paid American Airlines $512 USD for a Sept 7th flight from Boston, MA to Santo Domingo, DR. I booked the ticket today.

American Airlines has non-stop flights from Boston to the DR only on Saturdays.

I asked how much if I were to depart on the 1st and return on the 4th and they said 740 USD. Damn.

iF YOU REALLY WANT TO GO, ITS GOING TO COST YOU THESE DAYS.

Ter319
08-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I ve been looking to go down to Puerto Plata the weekend after Thanksgiving, Jet Blue wants 670 out of JFK, Continental wants 520 out of Newark, money saved makes worth the trip to Newark. Prices just seem to get higher and higher every trip down, but its been worth it everytime :)

Cheeno
08-28-2008, 11:26 PM
I have a question for you guys--Do any of you use your mileage or do you save them?

I could have used my mileage for a free ticket but I decided to save them.

psriches
08-29-2008, 06:25 AM
I have a question for you guys--Do any of you use your mileage or do you save them?

I could have used my mileage for a free ticket but I decided to save them.I'm a frequent traveler to DR and i know my fare structure is a little different coming from the NYC area. But with that said, my formula is to save my Frequent Fly miles for fares above $350 to anywhere. That's whether i'm traveling to Boston or Brazil. The point is i use my miles to supplement the higher fares, whatever that may be for psriches.

Jimmydr
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM

I could have used my mileage for a free ticket but I decided to save them.

I used 60,000 miles for my Colombia trip. That got me first class all the way and free admission into the Miami Admirals club as well. I had to make 4 changes on my trip schedule and they were free. I used about 400,000 miles already and have about 200,000 left.

guttaman
08-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Jetblue fucked with me today big time as JFK. Checked in at Boston and they did not have me on their JFK list and gave my seat away. 45 minutes of bullshit till i got a seat and not even a free drink. They are going down hill fast,

mikeny005
09-22-2008, 05:11 PM
hi, i went a month ago with jetblue from jfk to santo domingo i got fuXX big time, i paid $950 for a round trip , (ok it was a 1 day in advance trip) including all the extra fees as extra bag and seat up front.

Jimmydr
09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
hi, i went a month ago with jetblue from jfk to santo domingo i got fuXX big time, i paid $950 for a round trip , (ok it was a 1 day in advance trip) including all the extra fees as extra bag and seat up front.

Only a day?:D

Hunter
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Jetblue terminal got evacuated today for:

Replica Grenade Bookends.... Way to go homeland secutity :icontd:

MegaSquirt
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
No Fall Specials yet but I can't wait any longer.
By the way, starting October 1st, Jetblue will be operating out of the brand new terminal at JFK (T5).

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/tr080915_jetblueterminal/flash.htm?csp=Travel

http://www.t508.com/

Tony Toca
09-29-2008, 10:09 PM
No Fall Specials yet but I can't wait any longer.
By the way, starting October 1st, Jetblue will be operating out of the brand new terminal at JFK (T5).

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/tr080915_jetblueterminal/flash.htm?csp=Travel

http://www.t508.com/

The new date is 10/22

Jimmydr
10-31-2008, 07:48 AM
I see that Jet Blue is now going to Bogata Colombia. Will Medellin be coming next?

MegaSquirt
10-31-2008, 07:49 PM
I see that Jet Blue is now going to Bogata Colombia. Will Medellin be coming next?

You never know, this is Jetblue-they are creative. With a brand new terminal at JFK, they can always add more gates if need to and they will do so eventually. Just get a bunch of guys (From ISOC) and tell Jetblue where we want to go next. :wink: :wink:

FnB
11-01-2008, 06:46 PM

Yeah I noticed that too, but it is only from Orlando

Gutter Meat
12-10-2008, 02:12 AM
JetBlue today announces plans to further expand its South Florida focus city at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport with two new international routes. The airline, best known for its award-winning in-flight experience and its commitment to customer service, intends to commence daily nonstop service from Fort Lauderdale to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and to Cancun, Mexico, in May 2009, subject to receipt of government operating authority.

"JetBlue is proud to expand on our success in Fort Lauderdale with new service to Mexico and the Dominican Republic," said Marty St. George, JetBlue's Vice President of Planning. "Customers have come to prefer JetBlue for our inflight entertainment, generous name-brand snacks, and award-winning customer service -- all for one low price. We invite you to experience our low fares and lots of frills on our newest service between Fort Lauderdale and the Caribbean."

JetBlue's planned service to Cancun and Santo Domingo is the latest in the airline's Caribbean expansion from Fort Lauderdale. The airline kicks off twice-daily nonstop service to San Juan, Puerto Rico on December 18 while another new route, to Nassau, Bahamas, begins February 1, 2009. In addition to its new Caribbean service, JetBlue offers routes from Fort Lauderdale to 13 cities throughout the United States with up to 46 daily departures.

JetBlue intends to operate its Santo Domingo service with 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft and its Cancun route with the spacious 100-seat EMBRAER 190 jet. Both fleets feature industry leading legroom, roomy leather seats, personal seatback entertainment, plus unlimited free snacks and drinks served up by JetBlue's friendly, award-winning Crewmembers.

With 705 crewmembers based in Fort Lauderdale, JetBlue is the third largest airline serving Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport as based on average daily departures for spring 2009.

The airline is the second-largest U.S. airline serving the Caribbean (based on average daily departures) and this winter will offer more than 62 daily flights from various East Coast gateways to the region's most popular destinations, including: Aruba; Bermuda; Cancun; St. Maarten; Nassau, Bahamas; Aguadilla, Ponce, and San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Puerto Plata, Santiago and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Downtown
12-10-2008, 07:51 AM
It will be interesting to see how Jet Blue competes against Spirit Airlines out of Fort Lauderdale to Santo Domingo. Connection times will be an issue for some travellers. Hopefully it will mean lower fares for us!

FnB
12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
It will be interesting to see how Jet Blue competes against Spirit Airlines out of Fort Lauderdale to Santo Domingo. Connection times will be an issue for some travellers. Hopefully it will mean lower fares for us!

Yeah I would think that would be a tought sell...But I think that Direct Flight from Orlando to Bogota has the real potential for Jet Blue..

MegaSquirt
01-04-2009, 02:44 PM

Jetblue is committed to expand to other cities in the caribbean and south america. It would be nice if they can add flights from MCO to POP.

New daily nonstops service to:
* Orlando to Bogota (Starting Jan 29th)
* Boston to St Maarteen (Starting Feb 4th)
* Orlando to Costa Rica (Starting March 26, 2009)

Jimmydr
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
They have their foot in the door so maybe.

Elvis
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.jetblue.com/deals/all-you-can-jet/

Choose from 57 cities and more than 600 daily flights!
Enjoy unlimited travel and last seat availability with our All-You-Can-Jet Pass! For just $599* you can take JetBlue anywhere you like, as often as you like, from September 8 to October 8, 2009. Use your All-You-Can-Jet Pass for business, for pleasure, to visit your favorite cities or to meet with a client. You might as well just do it all! With more than 50 cities to choose from, and for just $599, it's a deal you can't pass up.

About the Pass
$599 for a month of unlimited travel, with last seat availability
Domestic taxes and fees included
International and Puerto Rico taxes and fees not included
On sale through Friday, August 21, 2009, or while supplies last
Travel Dates: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 through Thursday, October 8, 2009
Each flight must be booked no later than 11:59 p.m. MDT three days prior to the flight's scheduled departure.
Nonrefundable/nontransferable/no name changes permitted
Customers who already have a flight booked during the pass travel period can pay the difference to upgrade to the pass by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583), prompt 4.
Each All-You-Can-Jet Pass is eligible for 35 TrueBlue points. Flights booked on the pass are not available for additional TrueBlue points.
To purchase an All-You-Can-Jet Pass:
Call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583), option 4. You do not have to be a TrueBlue member at the time of purchase, but a TrueBlue number is required to book all flights.To join TrueBlue, click here; it's free.

To book flights with your All-You-Can-Jet Pass:
Before calling to reserve your flight, please visit jetblue.com to check availability and select flight times.
Call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583), prompt 4.
Provide your pass number which is your original reservation number.
Provide your TrueBlue number.
You may only book one flight per city per day; if a violation of this policy is found, JetBlue will honor only the last booking made and cancel the customer's other bookings from that city on that day.
Each flight must be booked no later than 11:59 p.m. MDT three days prior to the flight's scheduled departure.
You can change/cancel flights for no fee with three (3) or more days notice; changes or cancellations to flight bookings made after 11:59 p.m. MDT three days prior to the flight's scheduled departure will be charged standard JetBlue change/cancel fees.
To change or cancel All-You-Can-Jet Pass travel:
Greater than three (3) days before a flight: $0 change/cancellation fees
Less than three (3) days before a flight: JetBlue's standard change/cancel fees apply
In the case of a no-show, the customer's pass will be placed on hold, any reserved pass flights will be canceled, and no new flight segments wil be able to be booked until the customer pays a $100 no-show penalty.

*Other important restrictions apply. For complete details, please read the Full Terms and Conditions.

Elvis
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
The only bad part of this deal is that you have to pay international taxes everytime you fly ! That sucks !

MegaSquirt
08-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Not interested.
If it was a pass for a year I can accept that but all those taxes and fees just doesn't do it. Btw...they will add service to Baltimore on Sept. 9 and to Barbados on October 1.

Gutter Meat
08-30-2009, 03:04 AM
Well I'm booked for Monday to POP and there are 3 Jet Blue flights to POP that day which is kinda strange being that it's low season. Due to work scedule, I will be on the 8:30 pm flight which currently has 5 passengers on it including myself on a 100 passenger E190 aircraft.I was told by a Jet Blue employee they block out the first to rows of seats on the seat mapper page on there web site for what ever reason on this aircraft. My question is why are they flying empty planes ? I did notice that on the turn around back to NY the plane has more passengers. Arent they taking a huge loss on these flights ?

bklyndrguy
08-30-2009, 08:43 AM
i just book my flight from JFK to PP also jetblue and its also empty most of the time when i book it even 3 month before travel and its allways full so i duno

WSJ3
08-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Sometimes people book flights at the last minute. Believe me Jetblue has cut back on many flights. I used to catch the 1am flight out of POP during the summer but that flight is no longer available after August.

So the airlines are doing all they can to save money during the slow season.

slipheed
08-30-2009, 11:36 AM
That is strange. When ever I fly out of Orlando to Santo Domingo, the plan is packed both ways.

psriches
08-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Santo Domingo and Santiago will always be packed.

The POP route is always about the AI's. When the AI's are low, so is this route.

JuanElGriego
08-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Santo Domingo and Santiago will always be packed.

The POP route is always about the AI's. When the AI's are low, so is this route.

As stated above, SD and STI flights have Dominicans, not tourists.

2 years ago i flew JFK to Santiago.

6 a.m. flight, me and a buddy.

These motherfuckers did not shut the fuck up for one goddamn second for the whole flight and if you know Dominicans you know talking for human beings equals talking at the TOP OF YOUR LUNGS for Dominicans. How these people find the energy at 6 am to talk non-stop for 3 and a half hours is beyond me.

Has anyone ever seen a Dominican reading something on a flight? :p

Gutter Meat
08-30-2009, 10:24 PM

These motherfuckers did not shut the fuck up for one goddamn second for the whole flight and if you know Dominicans you know talking for human beings equals talking at the TOP OF YOUR LUNGS for Dominicans. How these people find the energy at 6 am to talk non-stop for 3 and a half hours is beyond me.

Been on the STI & SDQ flights and I know how you feel.

Hemp
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM
agreed! did the Santiago flights before Jet Blue started the POP flights...never could squeeze in a hour nap on those flights! it be so early and they just be chatting away like its the middle of the afternoon :confused:

IPOD can be your best friend on those type of flights...

JD426
08-31-2009, 04:08 PM

This is so funny, and SO TRUE. Pretty High energy for such an early flight . :lol: The early AM direct EWR to STI (sadly no longer avail) had almost NO tourists from what I could tell. That was a fun flight. We will miss it.

sosuaman
08-31-2009, 04:10 PM
they won't be doing this for long - economics won't allow them
unless they are like our government and can print money whenever they need it

Gutter Meat
09-01-2009, 12:04 PM
arrived last night on Jet blue with 9 other passengers on my flight. Very, and I mean very light crowd at classico's - hardly any guys and much less girls than i'm used to seeing. Staying at the the New Garden and all is good there.

Jimbo44
09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Monday night is probably the slowest, good night to just cruise the streets and other bars around town. Starting on Wed night, the crowd will undoubtedly pick up. This is why I always arrive on a Wed. I will be there again on the 30th of this month.

natmatt
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM

Bro, I have only experienced the Dominicans taking in the terminals. On the flights that I have been on it has been the guys that have done all the talking. I was on a continental flight where there were a couple of guys that talked the whole flight. The were even standing up talking. And do not mention my return flights, especially the continental ones, guys just will not stop talking about the chicas. I just could not believe that they would just openly talk about the chicas and what they did. On a JetBlue flight in June of this year, there was a guy that talked from the moment he sat down until we exited the plane in PP. When I looked at the two girls that were sitting beside him, the expression on their faces said it all.

psriches
09-01-2009, 04:49 PM
arrived last night on Jet blue with 9 other passengers on my flight. Very, and I mean very light crowd at classico's - hardly any guys and much less girls than i'm used to seeing. Staying at the the New Garden and all is good there.Labor Day weekend will be packed!!!!!!

SeaWeed
09-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I was trying to get down to POP 3 years ago on American and couldn't believe they wanted approx $600 round trip so I took a pass that year on POP and went to a different country.......today it's only $355 round trip on the same route to POP and it's been as low as $315 round trip.....supply and demand.........these days there are probably a lot less airplanes flying but there is practically little demand which has cut the prices quite a bit......all the better for us eh......

does the same go for the prices with Chicas this year in a down economy?or maybe the supply of Chicas in Sosua is less.........or maybe there are less mongers.....dunno cause I haven't reached yet.....:smile:

JD426
09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I was trying to get down to POP 3 years ago on American and couldn't believe they wanted approx $600 round trip so I took a pass that year on POP and went to a different country.......today it's only $355 round trip on the same route to POP and it's been as low as $315 round trip.....supply and demand.........these days there are probably a lot less airplanes flying but there is practically little demand which has cut the prices quite a bit......all the better for us eh......

does the same go for the prices with Chicas this year in a down economy?or maybe the supply of Chicas in Sosua is less.........or maybe there are less mongers.....dunno cause I haven't reached yet.....:smile:

$355 , from where ? and is that direct, or one of those 24 hour flights with 2 stops. Specific info is always appreciated.

Ok, I see it, but its only flights through Miami with that price, not bad though if you dont mind the 7 hour ordeal just to get to POP.

nnjdave
09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
JFK to POP is about $370, sometimes down to $330.

PapiQueRico
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
I just booked Medellin for $357. The taxes for the DR are ridiculous!!!

psriches
09-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I just booked Medellin for $357. The taxes for the DR are ridiculous!!!I agree. Costa Rica had fares of $275 incl tax this summer. Even Brazil had $299 fares. The DR taxes are really out of hand!

Gutter Meat
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Just back from Sosua beach , never seen it like this so few tourists!! The weather is great and the beers are cold, Dominican Dreamin!!

psriches
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Just back from Sosua beach , never seen it like this so few tourists!! The weather is great and the beers are cold, Dominican Dreamin!!I still think it will get packed this weekend. You're just experiencing the monger calm before the monger Labor Day weekend storm!!

fred757
09-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Bro, I have only experienced the Dominicans taking in the terminals. On the flights that I have been on it has been the guys that have done all the talking. I was on a continental flight where there were a couple of guys that talked the whole flight. The were even standing up talking. And do not mention my return flights, especially the continental ones, guys just will not stop talking about the chicas. I just could not believe that they would just openly talk about the chicas and what they did. On a JetBlue flight in June of this year, there was a guy that talked from the moment he sat down until we exited the plane in PP. When I looked at the two girls that were sitting beside him, the expression on their faces said it all.

How about some idiot at an airport bar talking shop about their job so the whole bar has to listen to it. just awful
fred757:mad:

sicpup71
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
EVERY REMAINING SEAT ON EVERY FLIGHT is $ 31 one way*

Candy corn and edible eyeballs are nice Halloween treats, but a trip to any of our destinations from a U.S. point of origin for just $31* sure beats your mom's bat cookies. So put down the witches' brew and book now - this monstrous offer is available today only!
*Valid on all nonstop U.S. originating routes that depart after 12 noon, local time on October 31, 2009.

http://mobile2.jetblue.com/deals/halloween/

*Travel must be booked by October 20, 2009, 11:59 PM MT. Travel must take place on Saturday, October 31, 2009. Valid on all nonstop U.S. originating routes that depart after 12 noon, local time on October 31, 2009. Travel must be completed by 11:59 PM, local time on October 31, 2009. All fares are subject to change without notice. Travel costs $15 more per person if purchased by telephone, or at an airport or city ticket office. Fares may not be available on all days or on all flights. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation, and are one-way, nonrefundable, and nontransferable. Cancellations and changes can be made prior to scheduled departure for $100 per person at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530, or at jetblue.com, with applicable fare adjustment. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.60 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing. International fares also do not include government fees and taxes of up to $127.60 each way. Puerto Rico fares also do not include a US Departure Tax of $16.10 each way. All taxes and fees must be paid at the time of purchase. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without proper documentation. A second bag fee of $30 applies. DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights outside the continental US. Other restrictions apply. Đ2009 JetBlue Airways

sicpup71
10-20-2009, 11:18 AM
FOR ANYONE IN THE NY AREA LOOKING FOR A QUICK TRIP.

Adult Lowest Fare (javascript:showFareRulePopup("OA7_031",%20"Lowest%20Fare");) $31.00 USD Sat, 31 Oct 09
Flight 817 2:45 PM Depart New York City (JFK) 6:36 PM Arrive Puerto Plata, DR (POP)
Adult Lowest Fare (javascript:showFareRulePopup("OA_089",%20"Lowest%20Fare");) $89.00 USD Tue, 03 Nov 09
Flight 812 12:30 PM Depart Puerto Plata, DR (POP) 3:18 PM Arrive New York City (JFK)

Total Cost of Flight $ 253.80 USD http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 11:18 AM
EVERY REMAINING SEAT ON EVERY FLIGHT is $ 31 one way*

Candy corn and edible eyeballs are nice Halloween treats, but a trip to any of our destinations from a U.S. point of origin for just $31* sure beats your mom's bat cookies. So put down the witches' brew and book now - this monstrous offer is available today only!
*Valid on all nonstop U.S. originating routes that depart after 12 noon, local time on October 31, 2009.

http://mobile2.jetblue.com/deals/halloween/

*Travel must be booked by October 20, 2009, 11:59 PM MT. Travel must take place on Saturday, October 31, 2009. Valid on all nonstop U.S. originating routes that depart after 12 noon, local time on October 31, 2009. Travel must be completed by 11:59 PM, local time on October 31, 2009. All fares are subject to change without notice. Travel costs $15 more per person if purchased by telephone, or at an airport or city ticket office. Fares may not be available on all days or on all flights. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation, and are one-way, nonrefundable, and nontransferable. Cancellations and changes can be made prior to scheduled departure for $100 per person at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530, or at jetblue.com, with applicable fare adjustment. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.60 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing. International fares also do not include government fees and taxes of up to $127.60 each way. Puerto Rico fares also do not include a US Departure Tax of $16.10 each way. All taxes and fees must be paid at the time of purchase. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without proper documentation. A second bag fee of $30 applies. DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights outside the continental US. Other restrictions apply. Đ2009 JetBlue Airways

What are you trying to do flood Sosua with Mongers for Halloween when I wanted it to be 25 whore to one mongor. :rofl: Great Rate will the Sicpup be there?

sicpup71
10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
What are you trying to do flood Sosua with Mongers for Halloween when I wanted it to be 25 whore to one mongor. :rofl: Great Rate will the Sicpup be there?

nope but i thought i'd pass it along to my brothers.

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 11:22 AM
nope but i thought i'd pass it along to my brothers.

I was hoping you were bringing those blonds in your picture with you :rofl:

rushdog34
10-20-2009, 12:03 PM
i hope something like this pops up in december

sicpup71
10-20-2009, 12:42 PM
i hope something like this pops up in december

this was on twitter, it's mostly a Monday thing.

hioctane
10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Damn taxes! It's the price of the flight! Why is taxes to DR always so expensive?

rushdog34
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
for a cheap flight i have no prob changing my dates to a monday lol... how do people stumble on these deals or do you just randomly come across it.. or should i just stop looking on kayak.com and go somewhere else

this was on twitter, it's mostly a Monday thing.

hioctane
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
for a cheap flight i have no prob changing my dates to a monday lol... how do people stumble on these deals or do you just randomly come across it.. or should i just stop looking on kayak.com and go somewhere else

All airlines using have some sort of newsletter/twitter feed with special offers. These are usually the MUST TRAVEL now offers. It's not really something you can plan for... however if the deal is right, I might go tomorrow. :rofl:

sicpup71
10-20-2009, 06:43 PM
FOR ANYONE IN THE NY AREA LOOKING FOR A QUICK TRIP.

Adult Lowest Fare (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:showFareRulePopup%28%22OA7_031%22,%20%22Lowest%20Fare%22%29;) $31.00 USD Sat, 31 Oct 09
Flight 817 2:45 PM Depart New York City (JFK) 6:36 PM Arrive Puerto Plata, DR (POP)
Adult Lowest Fare (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:showFareRulePopup%28%22OA_089%22,%20%22Lowest%20Fare%22%29;) $89.00 USD Tue, 03 Nov 09
Flight 812 12:30 PM Depart Puerto Plata, DR (POP) 3:18 PM Arrive New York City (JFK)

Total Cost of Flight $ 253.80 USD Click to see pic (http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif) Click to see pic (http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif) Click to see pic (http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif) Click to see pic (http://www.jetblueairways.com/images/dot.gif)

WHAT I SHOWED HERE WAS JUST HOW MUCH IT WOULD BE WITH A WEDS. RETURN U CAN COME BACK ANY TIME U WANT.

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 06:52 PM

As Hioctane said the airlines all have email letters you can sign up for and you might also try Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, sidestep, bookingbuddy.com, and one in particular I have found to be pretty good frequentflier.com which gives up to date info on which airline has the best mileage promos on. :iconTU:

ChicaSeeka
10-20-2009, 09:42 PM
just booked it $ 85.71 OW nonstop

rushdog34
10-22-2009, 09:31 PM
ok here is a question.. so ive been checking flights for my december trip... the lowest a few weeks ago maybe a month or so was 522 jetblue direct (there were cheaper with 1 stop) then it got up to 562 last week so i start thinking maybe i should start looking at those 1 stops.. now i check today and it is 486.. what the hell how am i supposed to gauge this.. i thought the closer the date the higher the price how does it just suddenly drop and is it smart to just keep waiting and see if it drops again

mikelodge
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
ok here is a question.. so ive been checking flights for my december trip... the lowest a few weeks ago maybe a month or so was 522 jetblue direct (there were cheaper with 1 stop) then it got up to 562 last week so i start thinking maybe i should start looking at those 1 stops.. now i check today and it is 486.. what the hell how am i supposed to gauge this.. i thought the closer the date the higher the price how does it just suddenly drop and is it smart to just keep waiting and see if it drops again

RushDog you have to base it on do you want to make sure you can go when you want then if so pull the trigger. It may go up or down a little but who cares. It may get sold out and you might have to take a 1 stop for $700. This question is the same for travel almost anywhere other than Vegas and places like that. If you can afford to gamble on charters to Florida or Vegas or even Mexico you may get a flight for a hundred bucks but you may not be able to get anything.
Just my 2 cents but If you are ok with the money grab that non stop now so you can confirm the rest of your trip planning. If you have the type of schedule or lack there of to leave anytime roll the dice but you may be going a different month. You might also try searching alternative airports close to where you are and Santiago instead of POP if it helps you price or timing wise. Good luck

rushdog34
10-22-2009, 10:15 PM
ive been planning possible scenarios with my trip.. im bringing a guy on his first trip with me and he doesnt have solid dates yet just possibilities so im checking those dates with the dates i want and then add a wrinkle of trying to sneak in 2 days in miami to see a girl who's visa is about to expire i dont want to get my tickets just yet im trying to make it all work... but by the end of the month if everything isnt falling into plan with the miami girl and my friends dates.. im booking mine and making sure they try and work around me

RushDog you have to base it on do you want to make sure you can go when you want then if so pull the trigger. It may go up or down a little but who cares. It may get sold out and you might have to take a 1 stop for $700. This question is the same for travel almost anywhere other than Vegas and places like that. If you can afford to gamble on charters to Florida or Vegas or even Mexico you may get a flight for a hundred bucks but you may not be able to get anything.
Just my 2 cents but If you are ok with the money grab that non stop now so you can confirm the rest of your trip planning. If you have the type of schedule or lack there of to leave anytime roll the dice but you may be going a different month. You might also try searching alternative airports close to where you are and Santiago instead of POP if it helps you price or timing wise. Good luck

mikelodge
10-22-2009, 10:34 PM
ive been planning possible scenarios with my trip.. im bringing a guy on his first trip with me and he doesnt have solid dates yet just possibilities so im checking those dates with the dates i want and then add a wrinkle of trying to sneak in 2 days in miami to see a girl who's visa is about to expire i dont want to get my tickets just yet im trying to make it all work... but by the end of the month if everything isnt falling into plan with the miami girl and my friends dates.. im booking mine and making sure they try and work around me

Sound like you have a plan. You are proposing the same thing I am doing this weekend in Miami. Hit town visit then head out a day or two or three later. I have found that some airlines if you go to get on a horrible flight with a stop or 2 that is overbooked they may put you on another airline depending on your elite status. I know for example with American if you have Executive Platinum they will take care of you. Good Luck got to watch the Yankees getting beat Angel back on top 7-6