PDA

View Full Version : A.I.s from Canada

UnMEnXTC
05-27-2005, 09:08 AM
I know, I know, I know, none of you like A.I.s. BUT Here is an example of what I normally do, and those of you from Canada thinking of going down in the near future may want to check it out.

last 2 times down there, I booked an A.I., stayed there about half the time (when I needed to rest) ate most of my meals there and did a lot of drinking there, then rented a room at the Palace and had my fun there.

Why you may ask, well Airfare alone from YYZ can run upward of $600.00 cdn. Now look at this ad I received yesterday:

3+ STAR Casa Marina Beach - Puerto Plata, Dominican Repub. $369.00

Beachfront all-inclusive resort within walking distance to the active town of Sosua. Offers 678 rooms, Pools, Jacuzzis, Great selection of restaurants & bars. Tennis is nearby (3 tennis courts) along with a wide selection of water sports & more.

TORONTO (1 Week) Departure: May 28, June 4, 11 or 18 - $369.00 + tax

AND like it says, it is in walking distance of everything!

Oh yea, thats $369.00 CDN.

JDR
05-27-2005, 09:12 AM
That sounds like a great price. Ponder this little todbit as well. You get 2 or 3 other Canadians, get the A.I. deal, rent a 2 bedroom ($50)at the Palace so you have a partyplace. You can even get up to 7 others and split it. Then you have the best of both worlds.

BrooklynBeas
05-27-2005, 09:30 AM
That sounds like a great price. Ponder this little todbit as well. You get 2 or 3 other Canadians, get the A.I. deal, rent a 2 bedroom ($50)at the Palace so you have a partyplace. You can even get up to 7 others and split it. Then you have the best of both worlds.

Are you suggesting 7-9 guys in a 2 bedroom?!?!

JDR
05-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Yes, 7 or 8 guys can use a 2 bedroom as a party base to bring their chicas. I assume these guys would be sleeping at the A.I.
Other choice is to pay 300 pesos for a short stay place but if you go twice a day that adds up fast.

Malibook
05-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Okay, you have convinced me.
I am going to the airport right now. :D
Don't forget the $226 in taxes but it is still a great deal.
2 people can go all-in to Playa Dorada right now for $1100 CDN ($430US each).
I booked a couple of weeks ago plus I am going solo but $775 CDN is still a great deal. 8)

JDR
05-27-2005, 04:46 PM
There are a dozen or so Canadians here and they hang out, so whats the big deal crashing at 1 two bedroom.

Ram
05-27-2005, 04:53 PM
What about the single suppliment that usually applies to an AI??

I would think the best deal is to find another guy to travel with, then get a room at Rocky's ($18us a night.....$125 a week extra)...you would need a car to get back and forth between the AI and Rocky's....this seems complicated.

Oh, just get the car and fuck in the back seat!!
......or just stand behind it, like some people around here do! :D :twisted:

Kevy
05-27-2005, 05:36 PM
this AI thing sounds like a lot of problems. If it works for you guys, thats alright, but I prefer to stay away from the AI. In the past my expereince was the food was awful in the AI.

bigfroggy1
05-28-2005, 09:21 PM
used a ai in pop sun village and the food was great