PDA

View Full Version : Beer prices going up !!!

Gutter Meat
01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Beer and other costs soar
Due to taxes to be imposed on beer producers as part of the fiscal reform, the consumer now has to deal with a RD$10-RD$20 price increase on Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana beer. Since Tuesday, the price of a 12oz Presidente beer has gone up from its recommended price of RD$35 to RD$45, while the Bohemia brand was increased from RD$30 to RD$40. Meanwhile, Presidente's "jumbo" beer bottle increased by RD$20, as it is now being sold for RD$90 and the 22oz Presidente beer went up from RD$50 to RD$65.
Ambev Dominicana (Brahma beer) says that their product prices haven't increased, but that they are studying the situation and could also raise their prices.
The latest fiscal reform taxes beverages on the percentage of alcohol, and not according to volume. A selective tax added on alcoholic beverages was also included, making a price increase almost inevitable.
Cigarette costs also increased. A pack of Marlboro now costs RD$40, an increase of RD$2. Fausto Perez, secretary general of the Leon Jimenes Industry Tobacco Workers Union, speaking in El Caribe newspaper, said that the tax increases could put 500,000 people who are directly or indirectly employed by the tobacco industry out of work. Perez has instructed legislators to review the fiscal reform that caused the price increases. But as Diario Libre reports, tobacco and alcohol aren't the only products that have gone up in price. Soy oil, evaporated milk, herring, American rice, and wheat all cost more this week. Prices are expected to continue to increase once a new tax on diesel, the principal fuel used for transporting goods locally, goes into effect

SJG
01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
It's much more economical when you get the distributer to deliver it to your hotel....

700 Pesos per case, less than 30 pesos per beer. Case price will probably go up..... Maybe 800 - 850 per case....

Tony Toca
01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
The latest fiscal reform taxes beverages on the percentage of alcohol, and not according to volume. A selective tax added on alcoholic beverages was also included, making a price increase almost inevitable.

I take it to mean that the Presidente we drink in the Republic will soon be the same as a Presidente bought at the local Bodega in NY (or the US for that matter, please remember that the US has alcohol content restrictions on beer)

RearWindow
01-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Can they not just leave their country alone for our sake ? Lessee.. how can we most fuck with our economy? I know! Increase beer, food prices,curtail bar hours,limit erectile drug purchases, crack down on putas.

That leaves them with what money making industry..the AI's? Ron? baseball?Their stupidity knows no bounds at times.

I know it extends past this. I thought about a business/retiring there the first around, but Leonel is not making a return any easier here.

SJG
01-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Increasing the tax on food and drink is the only way the govt can make money, you think those hos are reporting their income and paying taxes on it? Don't you think it's eaiser for the govt to get it's cut if the dick pills can only be bought in phramacies where taxes are collected?

Apos
01-04-2007, 11:12 PM
I take it to mean that the Presidente we drink in the Republic will soon be the same as a Presidente bought at the local Bodega in NY (or the US for that matter, please remember that the US has alcohol content restrictions on beer)interesting idea...would they still have a market if they did that? pres light isn't that popular but perhaps feeling out the market:confused:?

RSMMAN
01-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Beer and other costs soar
Due to taxes to be imposed on beer producers as part of the fiscal reform, the consumer now has to deal with a RD$10-RD$20 price increase on Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana beer. Since Tuesday, the price of a 12oz Presidente beer has gone up from its recommended price of RD$35 to RD$45, while the Bohemia brand was increased from RD$30 to RD$40. Meanwhile, Presidente's "jumbo" beer bottle increased by RD$20, as it is now being sold for RD$90 and the 22oz Presidente beer went up from RD$50 to RD$65.
Ambev Dominicana (Brahma beer) says that their product prices haven't increased, but that they are studying the situation and could also raise their prices.
Cigarette costs also increased. A pack of Marlboro now costs RD$40, an increase of RD$2. Fausto Perez, secretary general of the Leon Jimenes Industry Tobacco Workers Union, speaking in El Caribe newspaper, said that the tax increases could put 500,000 people who are directly or indirectly employed by the tobacco industry out of work. Perez has instructed legislators to review the fiscal reform that caused the price increases. But as Diario Libre reports, tobacco and alcohol aren't the only products that have gone up in price. Soy oil, evaporated milk, herring, American rice, and wheat all cost more this week. Prices are expected to continue to increase once a new tax on diesel, the principal fuel used for transporting goods locally, goes into effect

Don't let The Jayman see this ,,O to late

RearWindow
01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Increasing the tax on food and drink is the only way the govt can make money, you think those hos are reporting their income and paying taxes on it? Don't you think it's eaiser for the govt to get it's cut if the dick pills can only be bought in phramacies where taxes are collected?
Se, Se.... they just keep fucking with the things I love. ;)

Malo
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I buy beer for the first time, it goes up.

RearWindow
01-05-2007, 08:28 PM
I buy beer for the first time, it goes up.I'm blaming you, then. Stop paying putas,too.