PDA

View Full Version : Bar Domino (May 9, 2004 and ongoing)

Gutter Meat
05-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Check out the article on the Bar Domino on the Sosua news web site

http://www.tainoswebdesign.com/sosuanews/index.html

Jimmydr
05-09-2004, 03:02 PM
At times this place is packed. They even closed off the street one night for a party. :shock:

Reel Deal
10-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Great place to hang before hitting the discos. I half fell in "love" with a chocolate bartender cutie there, Carina. What an incredible smile and eyes!!!

Julio, the owner, is a really good guy who used to work at the Hialeah Race Track in Mimai, training horses.

PLUS-it's right across the street from the Europa, my hotel of choice.

jd_mine
10-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Julio is not the owner, he basically manages day to day operations and keeps the girls in line. Doesn't look like the kind of fellow you'd like to cross :-).
The place is owned by an Austrian guy (always sits at the bar, wears a cap) and a Dominican guy who up till recently was the head of tourism or something in Sosua. Which is why they got away with a lot of stuff :-)....

Reel Deal
10-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Julio is not the owner, he basically manages day to day operations and keeps the girls in line. Doesn't look like the kind of fellow you'd like to cross :-).
The place is owned by an Austrian guy (always sits at the bar, wears a cap) and a Dominican guy who up till recently was the head of tourism or something in Sosua. Which is why they got away with a lot of stuff :-)....Interesting. Julio wanted to sell the bar to me...

Jimmydr
10-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Hung at Dominos with Strangeluck, Lucky and his buddy. There were about 20 people there maybe, about 12-14 chicas. :D

continentalmike
10-20-2004, 09:53 AM
The place is owned by an Austrian guy (always sits at the bar, wears a cap) and a Dominican guy who up till recently was the head of tourism or something in Sosua. Which is why they got away with a lot of stuff :-)....Interesting. Julio wanted to sell the bar to me...

I've this bridge I'd like to talk to you about :lol:

gdogg
10-20-2004, 05:26 PM

I've this bridge I'd like to talk to you about :lol:

It wouldn't be in Brooklyn, would it?
:lol:

Reel Deal
10-26-2004, 08:46 AM
The Domino staff: Julio and the babes...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce07b3127ccea92034dba3370000001610

These gals just LOVED having their pictures taken. I felt like Ansel Adams... 8)

Reel Deal
10-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Carina, the Chocolate Bunny bartender at Dominos who I plan on auditioning next trip. Incredible smile, eyes, and sense of humor...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce07b3127ccea921b69a837b0000001610

psriches
10-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Didn't see anything at Dominoes this past week. All dogs!

Jimmydr
10-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Didn't see anything at Dominoes this past week. All dogs!

During the trip there were 24-36 different chicas there. I would have done 2 or 3.

psriches
10-27-2004, 05:00 PM
I guess I missed those 2 or 3.....

Jimmydr
10-27-2004, 05:02 PM
I guess I missed those 2 or 3.....

It was dark, you needed to get in real close. :D

vagabond
02-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Dominos is unfortunately totally dead, due to the last police actions lately, the same with four roses and Haligali. Not much chicas other places either.
During the week Latinos is totaly dead. There are some girls at Sosua Life and Merengue and ofcourse Classico, but yesterday it was much more boys than girls there.

Jimmydr
02-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Dominos is unfortunately totally dead, due to the last police actions lately, the same with four roses and Haligali. Not much chicas other places either.
During the week Latinos is totaly dead. There are some girls at Sosua Life and Merengue and ofcourse Classico, but yesterday it was much more boys than girls there.

I think they are just flexing their muscles. They killed Sosua once and I am sure they do not want to repeat that again.

vagabond
02-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Hope so, a cople of days ago, they even took some girls fromthe beach during daytime.

el_papi_chew_low
02-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Hope so, a cople of days ago, they even took some girls fromthe beach during daytime.

Damn, this is getting ugly!!

Macky
02-10-2005, 08:18 PM
With my luck they have closed Sosua by August when I'm going for three weeks.

*sniff sniff*

BROOKLYN_357
02-10-2005, 08:23 PM

*sniff sniff*

FUCK THAT!!!...we'll just go and open Sosua back up!!!

psriches
02-11-2005, 12:52 AM

*sniff sniff*They will never close Sosua...

ilikenyacional
02-14-2005, 02:43 AM
That's true. I was there last three weeks and every girls is scared of walking in the streets at night. They (Politur and PN) arrest girls every nights. The only ones that are safe are girls who kinda work at place like Cowgirl, Saloon girl, etc. They carry an ID card with their photo and cedula no.

I don't know since then, but it was like that the last 3 weeks. Girls walking alone = jail.

But don't worry, there is plenty of girls anyway.

Macky
02-14-2005, 09:08 PM
And you can always charge them for walking them to your hotelroom :D

What really matters - do the police mind us (the gringos) walking with a chica?

will_blueprint
03-16-2005, 01:05 PM
where is domino's what is it by

JDR
03-16-2005, 01:26 PM
And you can always charge them for walking them to your hotelroom :D

What really matters - do the police mind us (the gringos) walking with a chica?

Never.

JDR
03-16-2005, 01:27 PM
where is domino's what is it by
Across from Hotel Europa.

will_blueprint
03-16-2005, 01:35 PM
and thats on pedro clisante east of ayuntamiento?

vagabond
04-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Yesterday, for about the first time in a realy long time Dominos was filled up again. There was some amateur nigt there with good music and some realy hot dancing, also some horrible karaoke though.
So what happens ? At 12.15 the chief of politur and his assistent came and just closed the whole bar down. I think it was for high music, but they gave no warning or asked them to turn the music down first. They just closed the whole bar.

Kevy
04-16-2005, 01:26 PM
They were having concerts every Friday when I was there 2 months ago, I am surpirsed the shut them down this time.
I heard the voodoo lounge had their speakers "arrested" a while back for being too loud according to the AIs close by, but Domino's, who would complain?

psriches
04-16-2005, 02:16 PM
They were having concerts every Friday when I was there 2 months ago, I am surpirsed the shut them down this time.
I heard the voodoo lounge had their speakers "arrested" a while back for being too loud according to the AIs close by, but Domino's, who would complain?Yeah, this is their fiesta night. Sometimes they have very good local bands.

BrooklynBeas
04-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Speaking of loud music... The night of the Elvis Martinez concert... My friend, and our dates hung by this park drinking presidente's and we blasted the reggaeton music from our parked jeep while sitting on neabrby benches chillin... within 5 minutes a group of policia about 5 or 6 of them... walked over to the truck... i ran over and lowered the music... I said Lo Ciento... that wasnt good enough for them... then i shut it off... they then said something i didnt understand... my friend came over and was speaking spanish to them... after 2 minutes they walked away... They said something like no loud music after 10 or 12 oclock...

Jthomas
05-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Domino's was hot and cold last time I was there, but hot bar maids. I ended up hooking up with Sully a regular barmaid who was great!

Jthomas
05-04-2005, 10:29 PM
The owner is a German guy who is kind of nuts. He attacked a woman who I think was his wife when I was there one night. Cracked her over the head with a bottle and smashed her face into the bar. I jumped up to intervine and was told to stay out of it.

vagabond
05-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Had a couple of drinks at plaza allegria yesterday. Domino looked totally deserted. 3 girls behind the bar and no guests. A sad thing realy, this was my previous favourite bar.

JDR
05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Dominos was dead, dead, dead!!!

vagabond
09-28-2005, 11:46 PM
It's still varies a lot in Domino, sometimes there's a crowd, and sometimes it's more or less deserted. Likes to hang out there anyway. The girl's innside the desk is very nice, and the girls outside the desk is not too pushy. They playing good music, the beers are cold and the Libres are good.

gdogg
09-29-2005, 03:18 AM
Same old hoes...different bartenders.

JDR
09-29-2005, 08:21 AM
I just love waiting here to meet up with the others, especially when I am waiting to get my hair cut by Leo.

Jthomas
09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
The last time I was here there was a cute new bartender. Skiny cute and shaking her ass in the shortest little skirt. But no Sully :(