PDA

View Full Version : Botanical Gardens in Sosua !!

Gutter Meat
01-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Now I know where the Botanical Gardens are in the Bronx but in Sosua ???Got this off a web site. Has anybody been there and it it walking distance from the main area in Sosua?

Botanical Gardens - Located on top of the Isabela de Torres Mountain. This is one of the most popular places near Sosua, with amazing views of the whole area and a wide range of plant species. You can follow a few short hiking trails that take you through the beautiful landscape of the gardens. This is a must see when in Sosua.

MisterPink
01-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Can you get a BBBJ in the garden?

mp

Gutter Meat
01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Can you bring presidente's in the gardens ??

guttaman
01-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Gotta go to POP and take the cable car to the top of the mountain. A good distance from Sosua.

weyland
01-17-2007, 01:02 PM
with amazing views of the whole area and a wide range of plant species. You can follow a few short hiking trails that take you through the beautiful landscape of the gardens.
I cannot fault the view (provided it is a clear day - strongly recommend going first thing in the morning and only if the top of the mountain is quite cloud-free before you start) but the alleged landscape gardens were a total let-down. A few well-tended beds but the rest was a scruffy wilderness, although no doubt a botanist or garden-freak would find things of interest. I took this one (Chanel or Chantel, I cannot remember which now). Bigger tits than my usual style but, hey, I'm broadminded. I was foolish enough to let her into the souvenir shop and we came out with a larimar necklace. I thought it was cheap until I saw the same thing half the price in PP town centre.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/656845ae5e6995078.jpg

Can you get a BBBJ in the garden?
On the way up our cable car was packed with schoolkids from the capital with their teachers (nuns). By coincidence one of the latter had been my chica's teacher at the same school. I discreetly pretended not to be with her (difficult in a jam-packed cable car) but to my surprise she proudly introduced me to the nun as her "papi chulo". A further reminder they view things differently there.

Anyway, she was giving me a handjob in a gardeners shed out in the wilderness when we heard the schoolparty heading up the path and aborted our mission. So I cannot answer Mr Pink's question.

I had picked Chantel out of that brothel in Cangrejo on my second trip. I assumed she was a naive local who had never been with a gringo. Instead I found she was a (relatively) sophisticated girl from the capital. This seems to be a difference between the DR and, for example, England and Latvia. In these countries the "campesinas" leave the rural areas to work as whores in the cities, but not the other way round. In the DR it works both ways.

the_Jayman
01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
It's up there ! ! !

(thanks to whoever I stole these pictures from ! !)

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445aeaa6f1047e.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445aeaa7078cb7.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445aeaa728c5b7.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445aeaa73c8ec6.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445aeaa7552c83.jpg

Kevy
01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
All but the first one are mine, but I gave you a FU anyway

:2up: :devilfu: :fu:

the_Jayman
01-17-2007, 06:26 PM
All but the first one are mine, but I gave you a FU anyway

:2up: :devilfu: :fu:

You're fuckin NUTS ridin that thing ! ! There's not enough Captain in Jersey to get me on that thing ! ! !

Kevy
01-17-2007, 06:27 PM
You're fuckin NUTS ridin that thing ! ! There's not enough Captain in Jersey to get me on that thing ! ! !

It was 3 years ago, I was young and stupid. I heard it isn't operating right now, I could be wrong.

Beads
01-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I was at a damn kiddy carnival this summer and felt like I could be killed just being in the crowd with kids swinging around on the rides without any seat belt or gates to protect the crowd. I can only imagine how safe that ride is or was.

MegaSquirt
01-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Just one sip of Mamajuana and you'll want to go on it! I love the cool air coming up from below you when at the top. The ride itself to the top is about ten minutes and I look forward doing it again. It is safer than that tramway in Manhatten!
I took ton of pictures on it last year and even have a short movie on the Teleferico.
As for the garden...I think I like the Queens Botanical Garden here in NYC better. :wink: :wink:

None of you ever saw my video of the Teleferico because I'm not sure on how to set it up on ISOC. :confused: :confused:

weyland
01-18-2007, 04:35 AM
On my one and only trip we were kept waiting in the holding area for over an hour. Chantel asked what the problem was and one of the guys told her (discreetly) that a part had fallen off (the car? the winding machinery?) and they were ringing to Italy to find out how to repair it. (It was installed by an Italian company). Fifteen minutes later they still had not got through as their landline phone did not work and they were arguing about whose cellular to use and who was going to pay. I was already a bit nervous, so you can imagine this did not inspire much confidence. But I held on tight to Chantel.

By the way, there are Dominican prices and gringo prices for the ride, but I did not mind paying the gringo price which was quite reasonable.

jd_mine
01-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Yeah, Gringo price was twice the dominican price. I went up there last October, it seemed pretty safe. THe guy operating the damn cabin had a bottle of rum and he fell asleep during the ride....:-)