PDA

View Full Version : Mariner Information

jstarebel
06-02-2005, 04:23 PM
First of all I would like to tell you all how much I enjoy this forum. The information yall provide is very helpful. I live in the virgin islands, and find that cruising to my destinations makes things a lot easier, and cheaper!! I frequent the surrounding islands including St Croix, St. Maartin, Antigua, all of which have a fine selection of chicas on them, but I find myself wanting to make my first trip to the DR in July, and was wondering if any of you have any information regarding mariner accomidations such as what cities might cater to the monger mariner, and any information regarding marinas, or moorings would be helpful.

I was thinking about Boca Chica, but after reading some of the posts on here regarding the policia cracking down on the putas there, I thought it might be better to get some advice from the "pro's" on here!!

I will tell you that there are definate advantages to having your own "motel" on the water. The first is that it is much easier to negotiate with your chica. You would be suprised how cheap TLN is when they find out you are partying onboard a yacht. and if the bitch starts up with any of her bullshit that sometimes happens with these putas, you would be suprised how quickly they settle their shit down when confronted with the possibility of getting thrown overboard.. :lol:

Thanks in advance for the help 8)

Jsta_Rebel :twisted: :twisted:

the_Jayman
06-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Welcome aboard mate (pun intended)

Although the information I have is second hand, I do trust the guy I got it from. He was a GREAT guy that I hung with for 3 or 4 days on my March trip and he was well known and respected by some VERY influential people that we stayed with/ran into.

HE was in the DR for an extended stay and was on his umpteenth trip there and told us about a cruising trip he once took that landed him on the island we love.

They used a boat (maybe not a boat but not a ship in the sense of a Royal Caribbean type of Cruise ship) Probably a ship similar to what you are talking about.

Anyway, they went out chica hunting and found it IMPOSSIBLE to get the chicas back on board even when offering to grease the local militia. They ended up using a short stay hotel for boom-boom time.

They were not "Docked" if there is such a thing in the DR, but moored off a small village north of Puerto Plata.

Because of this he opted to fly down to the DR and stay at various "monger" hotels and then meet up with the same party and use the ship to sail out of the DR for his trip back to the States. (Florida I think)

On a different yet somewhat similar note, I have heard HORROR stories about guys heading out for a day of fishing and getting turned around by the Harbor Master in Puerto Plata.

All part of why I can’t find a damn sail boat to rent I guess . . .

Although I do believe my information is accurate, please take it with a grain of salt, as these are simply stories I have "heard."

and again . . . WELCOME TO THE I.S.O.C. ! !

jstarebel
06-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome, and the reply. Ive never had any problem getting the chicas onboard, as we usually just load up and dinghy back and fourth while mooring out in a bay outside of a marina. But there again, the virgin islands are all pretty much "mariner friendly", and the chicas all seem eager to come party with us. Ive not had any problem with any local authorities as of yet!

I have had a heard from fellow mariners that Haiti, DR, and Jamica are avoided by many due to the "horror stories" like you mentioned and worse in Haiti which was why I asked in the first place. I have heard stories of guys actually loosing their yachts, or paying huge "fines or duties" just to leave port. But I have yet to hear a first hand account of this.

Thanks again!!

Jsta_Rebel :twisted: :twisted: