PDA

View Full Version : Calls for clarity at JCE computer center

NewsWhore
11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
At a time when the pressure is on for the Central Electoral Board (JCE) to deal openly with the parties about the discrepancies that arose in the wake of the resignation of Miguel Angel Garcia, the former Administrator General of Information (Computers) and the continuation of Franklin Frias in his post as IT Director, the president of the election agency said that he will soon hold a public hearing to discuss the issue.

Roberto Rosario reiterated that after the end of the delivery process of his proposal for creating a Manager of Election Information with the ruling PLD party, he would convene the political parties to deal openly with the matter.

On the question of mediation by Monsignor Agripino Nunez Collado, the coordinator of the National Dialogue, and the resignation of Frias, requested by PRD presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia, Rosario said that he would answer publically today.

Yesterday the PLD Campaign Strategy Department coordinator, Temistocles Montas, said that his party is in agreement that a consensus should be sought with the parties on the immediate future of the JCE IT Center. At the same time, the Institutionalism and Justice Foundation (Finjus) vice president Servio Tulio Castanos stressed the need to discuss the situation in a public hearing.

After the uproar caused by Miguel Angel Garcia's resignation as the Administrator General of Information Technology (Computers) over alleged pressures regarding his functions, there have been clashes in the media between the president of the JCE and one of the tribunal's judges, Eddy Olivares.

According to PLD presidential candidate Danilo Medina, the conflict over the JCE IT department should be resolved as soon as possible. "Everything that is making noise should be resolved; I don't even go there. I know that a commission of the PRD and another from my party have approached the JCE," he said.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#1)