PDA

View Full Version : Poland: Emergency airplane landing without any landing gear(VIDEO)

joeysterr
11-01-2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14wmcBTc958

MrHappy
11-02-2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14wmcBTc958

What a great landing!

Kept it up as long as he could, then slammed on the brakes as soon as the front end touched the runway.

JD426
11-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Very skillful Pilot & Copilot for sure..
I didnt read the whole story, but seems to me he used the engines to touch down first, so he had to walk a fine line of rubbing the engines on the ground , but not too long because he still needed them to hit the reverse thrusters (the "brakes" as you mentioned Mr H) to slow it all down & keep the pane pointed straight down the runway.. If the plane went just a litte sideways and a wing touched and caught, its all over, the plane disintegrates.
Wonder if he will get the same type of recognition as Sully did.. he sure deserves it.

naptime
11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
i was listening to it on the news this morning and passengers were saying they barely felt anything other than a normal landing.

haven't watched the vid yet to determine how true that would be.

naptime
11-02-2011, 05:08 PM
just watched it..

that's fucking impressive!!!

he SHOULD be praised every bit, if not more, than sully was..

but with this fucked up world we live in, he probably wont.. because it was an airport in russia, instead of the middle of the hudson river in new york city.

not taking anything away from sully, cuz he's definately a hero in my book.

i hope this dude gets more than his fair share of fame and credit.

Jimmydr
11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
just watched it..

that's fucking impressive!!!

he SHOULD be praised every bit, if not more, than sully was..

but with this fucked up world we live in, he probably wont.. because it was an airport in russia, instead of the middle of the hudson river in new york city.

Poland is in Russia?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Irie
11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Poland is in Russia?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There's a lot of things going on outside the mongering world Jimmy. Changes abound. Lol