PDA

View Full Version : Scuba

jim15687
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I started scuba diving last sept.I dive in sosua for specfic reasons of course,there are three dive shops I know of I have settled in with scuba elite located on duarte street on right side if your headed down from del rosen.easy going staff and can train you in pool in the back.Plus gives perfect excuse if needed why your staying in sosua

Westy
11-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I'll add my own "two thumbs up" for Scuba Elite. I dove with them last October, had a great time, and I learned how to handle myself better underwater just by watching Kerrie (the owner and divemaster) and trying to emulate her.

Scuba Elite runs small groups and Kerrie pays good attention to her customers' wants and needs. They use an open "panga" style boat, so bring plenty of sunscreen.

Sosua isn't great for its diving, but it's still good; and diving is certainly a "good reason" (i.e. cover) for your trip to the Dom Rep. I brought my u/w camera and got some nice photos from the reefs - and used a separate card for photos like my avatar. :wink: (That was at Blackbeard's BTW.)

praguealchemist
11-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I'll add my own "two thumbs up" for Scuba Elite. I dove with them last October, had a great time, and I learned how to handle myself better underwater just by watching Kerrie (the owner and divemaster) and trying to emulate her.

Scuba Elite runs small groups and Kerrie pays good attention to her customers' wants and needs. They use an open "panga" style boat, so bring plenty of sunscreen.

Sosua isn't great for its diving, but it's still good; and diving is certainly a "good reason" (i.e. cover) for your trip to the Dom Rep. I brought my u/w camera and got some nice photos from the reefs - and used a separate card for photos like my avatar. :wink: (That was at Blackbeard's BTW.)

I arrive a week from Monday and look forward to snorkeling off the Sosua beach. I heard there is a nice reef about 100 meters off the main Sosua beach for snorkeling. Bought new equipment just for the trip Promate fins, cobra dry snorkel and frameless mask. Do you know about the reef and snorkeling in the area?

jim15687
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
stop in and check with kerrie the morning you want to snorkel.Brenda is there and can answer your questions also