PDA

View Full Version : Medina presents Margarita as his running mate

NewsWhore
11-03-2011, 03:30 PM
PLD presidential candidate Danilo Medina presented First Lady Margarita Cedeno as his official running mate in the 2012 presidential elections yesterday. Although the selection of his partner on the ticket was already for many in the party an "open secret", the announcement was made in a surprising way as early yesterday afternoon the PLD candidate's press office was inviting people to a general assembly at the Gran Salon of the Hotel Melia. Nevertheless, a few minutes before the start of the event, they were rushing to call the media in order to tell them that Danilo Medina was going to announce his running mate on the PLD ticket.

Addressing hundreds of party activists packed into the room, Medina declared that after a long period of reflection, he decided that his running mate for the next elections would be the First Lady, Margarita Cedeno de Fernandez.

Without even finishing mentioning the First Lady's name, a huge ovation went up to the rhythm of shouted slogans such as "Llego mama", "Ahora es" and "Con Danilo y con mama, la quinta pela va" (an allusion to the four previous PLD electoral victories).

Medina had to say "please" to the crowd in order to finish his remarks. "This decision has been long thought out and it corresponds to the need to work with someone in the government who has the ability to work and accompany me in the project that I want to lead," he said as he stressed the qualities of his partner on the PLD ballot.

The PLD candidate said that with her experience and willingness to serve, Cedeno de Fernandez would help him develop a modern social policy "without any sort of patronage, capable of consolidating my priority in government, which is to considerably reduce the absolute poverty in our country."

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#1)