PDA

View Full Version : CW or Rock & Roll clubs?

eldorob
01-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Are there any Country Western bars or 50's Rock & roll style clubs near Sosua? Santiago, PP, Caberette?

Probably not but thought I'ld ask...

Apos
01-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Are there any Country Western bars or 50's Rock & roll style clubs near Sosua? Santiago, PP, Caberette?

Probably not but thought I'ld ask...lou's place "the new your shark bar" generally has sports on the TV's and rock & roll on the stereo...but it's not really a "club" just and excellent bar/restaurant. same with rocky's...good music and english channels on the television :)

BCell
01-22-2007, 05:21 PM
50's rock n roll? i think he's looking for a doo wop joint?

Apos
01-22-2007, 05:28 PM
oops, missed that part...then he's out of luck...perhaps nashville is a better choice?:lol:
50's rock n roll? i think he's looking for a doo wop joint?

prtyr2
01-22-2007, 10:10 PM
50s could mean rockabilly as well. I saw some great rockabilly jump blues guys right before christmas. . . . but not in the DR!

There is a rock club in santo domingo called The Steak House, no 50s stuff. They were doing peral jam, STP, Rage etc. . . .and doing it VERY well. . . .never would have guessed they were dominican. They were playing $3,000 guitars etc.

Country and Western? They have some country mp3s on the computer at Kukara Makara in santiago and the waiters dress like cowboys!