PDA

View Full Version : old school newbie here!

kidench
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Greetings gents! Looking forward to getting great information on the site. Used to go to Mexico a lot before all the craziness started. I'm in Texas and only a few hours from the DR. Planning my first trip late January or early February. Any suggestions for someone going solo?

TNT72
11-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd recommend 2 things.

1) buy a subscription to the Trip Reports to get the most of the information available to you.

2) if your open to either late January OR early February, I would make sure my trip included Superbowl weekend. First, SB weekend is always a big weekend. Second, I heard a couple guys from ISOC are throwing their 40th birthday party that weekend, which could lead to one of the biggest ISOC's invasion ever! Which would mean your not flying solo.

kidench
11-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the advice! I'm 42, so I wouldn't mind hanging out with youngsters .....LOL. I'll set up the PayPal account and get a report. I'm flexible on dates....is the SB party set? If so...any details that can be shared with the newbie?

TNT72
11-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the advice! I'm 42, so I wouldn't mind hanging out with youngsters .....LOL. I'll set up the PayPal account and get a report. I'm flexible on dates....is the SB party set? If so...any details that can be shared with the newbie?

There is a thread on it. Its called "The Hangover2.5". Its got the details in there. Not a lot of details are set. Its at The Hideaway bar, and its on Feb 4th.

kidench
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Looking for the link to purchase reports ....any shortcut?

Jimmydr
11-07-2011, 11:22 AM

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?356921-How-do-I-subscribe-and-which-one-do-I-want

TNT72
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM

At one time, Jimmy had it as a sticky on New Posts. If not, send JimmyDR a pm. He'll send you a link.

Jimmydr
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
At one time, Jimmy had it as a sticky on New Posts. If not, send JimmyDR a pm. He'll send you a link.

I just posted it.:biggrin:

whynotme
11-07-2011, 01:19 PM
At one time, Jimmy had it as a sticky on New Posts.

at first that annoyed me as after i had marked the threads read i could just go to the news websites but i soon adjusted to the work around and now its gone:confused::rofl:

it was actually a good idea to have it at the top of posts read as it was easy for new members to see the payment options and then choose one or ignore all.

the more paying and contributing members the better.

its hard to get both (some lurkers pay every year to get the best up todate info out there but do not want to post and thats ok because at some point we all start to post:rofl:)

jdr should condsider re-sticky-ing it:corky:

kidench
11-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Let me tell you this: I just paid for the report....and I will definitely post when I get back. Just don't tell the wife. She knows a hunting trip ....never told her what game!! LOL

kidench
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
And what is tln?

TNT72
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM
And what is tln?

Toda la noche.

All night.

whynotme
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
And what is tln?
tln= the long night:corky:

whynotme
11-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Toda la noche.

All night.
you were faster than me:rofl:

but before he asks a st= a short time

like this one that just left my room:corky:

its actually last nights pic but she was one of the few that i do a repeat with:rofl:
and tonights pics will be in here
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?369819-nov-2011-bangkok-chaing-mai-amp-pattaya-tour&p=1033698&highlight=#post1033698
in my thailand thread later today:corky:http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32021&d=1320648898

kidench
11-07-2011, 02:31 PM
You guys are my heroes!

Irie
11-07-2011, 05:50 PM
You guys are my heroes!

careful...there are a certain high level of standards here! J/K

Seriously, if you go superbowl weekend, you're bound to have a blast. Just bring some ibuprofen.....you're probably going to need it!

JDR
11-07-2011, 05:52 PM
careful...there are a certain high level of standards here! J/K

Seriously, if you go superbowl weekend, you're bound to have a blast. Just bring some ibuprofen.....you're probably going to need it!

He needs to start much slower.

TC
11-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Greetings gents! Looking forward to getting great information on the site. Used to go to Mexico a lot before all the craziness started. I'm in Texas and only a few hours from the DR. Planning my first trip late January or early February. Any suggestions for someone going solo?

You don't say how long you are going for, or exactly where, but if you are going for at least a week, I'd recommend a couple of days at Blackbeard's in Puerto Plata before going over to Sosua for the remainder. I am also a solo monger, and BBs makes it very easy to meet fellow mongers. I've had the pleasure of meeting culebra, dunedain, daddy999 and others there.

Irie
11-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Point taken. I guess its like jumping off the high dive before dipping your toes in the kiddie pool.

kidench
11-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I was going to stay 3 or 4 day...making it a week now! I'm looking for the BB newsletter now. SB weekend ....I'm there. BTW.....I've never had a hangover in my life. Seriously.....if I get one there...that would be saying something! BB sounds like Adalitha's in Tijuana. My old stomping ground.....memories ....

drdreamer
11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I was going to stay 3 or 4 day...making it a week now! I'm looking for the BB newsletter now. SB weekend ....I'm there. BTW.....I've never had a hangover in my life. Seriously.....if I get one there...that would be saying something! BB sounds like Adalitha's in Tijuana. My old stomping ground.....memories ....

Hang with myself and/or TNT72, and I bet that will change.....:rofl:

TNT72
11-08-2011, 12:07 AM

Why? He's mongered in Mexico. He's just decided to move away from the crazy....to the crazyness!!!!!!!!

TNT72
11-08-2011, 12:15 AM
You don't say how long you are going for, or exactly where, but if you are going for at least a week, I'd recommend a couple of days at Blackbeard's in Puerto Plata before going over to Sosua for the remainder. I am also a solo monger, and BBs makes it very easy to meet fellow mongers. I've had the pleasure of meeting culebra, dunedain, daddy999 and others there.

Me personally, I would never tell someone to go or not go to Barba Negras. I visited once for a couple hours, and I couldn't stand it. WAYYYYYY to enclosed for me. But, just because it's not for me, I just leave it alone instead of talking bad about it.

But, TC...your reasoning for going to BB that weekend is just weak!!! Being at BB makes it easy to meet members????? I put him on the hottest weekend of the year, on average. Let alone with the party we are throwing. I'm not trying to toot our or my horns, but I'd bet there will be at least 30 members in town, and I'm thinking, there could be as many as 50.

And, while not everyone will hang together all day, everyday. We will be a loose group that shifts all the time. And everyone will know the normal schedule everyday, so they will know where to be.

TNT72
11-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Hang with myself and/or TNT72, and I bet that will change.....:rofl:

I don't know dreamer, maybe he's like us..... and never sobers up!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Irie
11-08-2011, 07:43 AM
I don't know dreamer, maybe he's like us..... and never sobers up!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

so that would make him pretty normal, no? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

kidench
11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I'll cemented my story so I'm good. Wife thinks it's a fishing trip in the Florida keys with my buddies! Iriemon...read your post....great reading! Would love to meet you guys ob the sb weekend. I got a feeling that the Sousa suites will be booked by all of you. Other suggestions?

drdreamer
11-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I'll cemented my story so I'm good. Wife thinks it's a fishing trip in the Florida keys with my buddies! Iriemon...read your post....great reading! Would love to meet you guys ob the sb weekend. I got a feeling that the Sousa suites will be booked by all of you. Other suggestions?

Never hurts to check if it is booked. I always stay at New Garden, when I don't stay in a villa..

MrHappy
11-09-2011, 06:52 AM

Boys will be boys!!!

TC
11-11-2011, 04:06 PM

If you're staying at least a week, would split the time. I really like BB's for the reasons I mentioned (plus the ones in the newsletter!) But I couldn't imgine staying there a whole week. last time I was there I stayed for 4 days which was definitely 1 day too many. After I had fucked the ones I wanted, I couldn't wait to get over to Sosua. Then again, unlike a lot of mongers, I ususally don't repeat over and over with the same chicas. Monotony makes me think of marriage and that scares the shit out of me. My favorite pussy is new pussy. Fresh pink!

TC
11-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Me personally, I would never tell someone to go or not go to Barba Negras. I visited once for a couple hours, and I couldn't stand it. WAYYYYYY to enclosed for me. But, just because it's not for me, I just leave it alone instead of talking bad about it.

But, TC...your reasoning for going to BB that weekend is just weak!!! Being at BB makes it easy to meet members????? I put him on the hottest weekend of the year, on average. Let alone with the party we are throwing. I'm not trying to toot our or my horns, but I'd bet there will be at least 30 members in town, and I'm thinking, there could be as many as 50.

And, while not everyone will hang together all day, everyday. We will be a loose group that shifts all the time. And everyone will know the normal schedule everyday, so they will know where to be.

TNT72, you undoubtedly have far more Sosua and DR experience than I do, but that's exactly my point. When you go, you always know a lot of people there, make a million plans to meet people down there, have plans for huge parties, and invasions, etc. And when you already know 20 other people there, it becomes evern easier to meet the next 50. So I have no doubt that you find it easy to meet other mongers in Sosua when you go. And I hope to be one of them one of these years.

But I think I have far more experience than you do when it comes to traveling alone, without making plans, and without knowing anyone when I get there. Which is exactly the way the OP is going. And I've met far more ISOC members at BBs than I have in Sosua. In Sosua, I've met very few, if you don't count the ones Wilfried introduced me to, and as we know, he's sadly on the bench at the moment. The fact that BBs is "enclosed" lends itself to that. You may find my reasoning "weak", but that's been my experience and I hope the OP benefits from it.

I'm not knocking Sosua, I love it! I'm saying that BBs is a great compliment to it if you have at least a week. And as I said, BBs is good for 2-3 days max.

Jimmydr
11-26-2011, 02:29 PM

We love stories. Got any?:corky:

Jimmydr
11-26-2011, 02:32 PM

You are a youngster:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

kidench
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
We love stories. Got any?:corky:

I've got plenty....but no pics. I plan on doing my first report in feb. I will be there the 16th-20th. I am now going with a buddy so I won't make the SB party:mad: my buddy has been several times and wants to go to protect me from myself....lol....good luck! After reading all the reports....I'm on a mission to:

1. Get snitched on
2 post pics of somebody's Novia
3. Get a tln for local rates
4 not to have a pic of my hairy ass like TNT.....funny shit
5. Post a TR worthy of you guys hitting the thanks button

Jimmydr
11-27-2011, 01:56 PM
I've got plenty....but no pics.

We can start with your stories and we may just hit the thank you button.