PDA

View Full Version : News vid-clip in German

guttaman
01-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Can one of our German friends please tell me what this German 60 Minutes type news clip is about. Is this guy running a cult or are the niebors just pissed at him? Thanks in advance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJeHeqonqeQ

Edge
03-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry my German is not good enough. I'll try to remember to watch it again after I've had a few beers and maybe it will make more sense then.

Kevy
03-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Looks like he is running some sort of scam. Plus there looks like a property dispute and some people had their water cut off. I recognized Herman, who owns the bar and cigar place at the corner of Dr Rosen and Pedro Clisante.

Cosmo Kramer
04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
yes, report from german tv akte 06 which means "files 2006", a war between german residents in la mulata, mr. bad guy is accused to be the president or whatever of something like scientology "church".

Rocky
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Commonly known around here as Dr. No, he has been in a battle with all his neighbours for years.
Court battles have ensued, including an attempt at assassinating him near La Union, but he was wearing a bullet proof jacket at the time, on his way back from court, and he survived.

guttaman
04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
When i first saw the vid-clip it looked like something shadey was going on with this guy. But then again i guess a shit load of shadey charactors live off the beaten path in the DR.