PDA

View Full Version : My experiences with taxis

David Smash
06-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Fresh off the early JetBlue flight I want to share my experience of public and private taxis. First off I stayed at the Field of Dreams Inn. Great place. Nice and quiet. Billy and his son Chris were great hosts. The pool and jacuzzi are up and running and since they are guest-frienly well let's just say if the jacuzzi could talk me and alot of the guests there would have to pay it hush money!!! But if you are want to get around and like me don't have the balls to rent a car and drive the horrid roads of the North Coast go with taxis.

First I will start with public taxis. They are cheap (20 pesos). But if you are in those small 1980's Japanese junkoids the driver will squeeze six (6) people into the cab NOT including himself. And if you are over 150 lbs you are in for a uncomfortable ride. However depending on your Spanish you can get the driver to give you the entire front seat for 40 pesos (PM me if you need the Spainsh on this). If you want to travel from Puerto Plata and go pass Sosua into Caberate and you are in the aforementioned crapmobiles some drivers may not want to take you Caberate. If you can look for the vans with "Puerto Plata/Rio San Juan" on the windshields It will take you in to Caberate and end at Rio San Juan.

Now here is the thing with public taxis. Sometimes if they empty out and don't have a fare they will ask you for more money. I, being ignorant, paid 200 pesos to a cab to take me from The Field of Dreams Inn to the first entrance of the beach in Sosua. Now I don't thinkd200 pesos is a lot but remember you don't get what you deserve you get what you negioate. In the DR you are either el tigre or el pollo. Trust me you don't want to be el pollo. So here is some advice. When you get in to a public cab (that have a red light on top or previous mentioned vans) DO NOT DISCUSS PRICE!!!. Unless you got the entire front seat just get in and if you don't know what the location looks like tell them. when you get there just get out and get them the 20 (or 40) pesos. Don't let the "hey the fare is more" get you. Most times they won't confront you about the price.

Now for the private cabs. You can call them or catch them in the later hours (I mostly got them in Sosua at night) Now if you call them the prices are pretty steep. They can go for 500-700 pesos for Sosua to Puerto Plata. If it is late at night you can flag them down. Now depending on your negoiating skills and where you are you can probably get a taxi from say Sosua to Puerto Plata for 100-200 pesos. When agree with to a price just and and pay NO MORE THAN WHAT YOU ARGEED ON. I told a cabbie 150 pesos for Sosua to Puerto Plata late night. When I pulled to the Fields of Dreams, He told me 300 pesos!! I laughed at him and told him good night. Then he had the nerve to stand in front me blocking my way to the hotel. Now this is for my New York cats who may be new the DR. DON'T HIT A DOMINICAN UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO. Trust me you don't want to fuck around in another country. Ask MisterNYC about the NYC cats that wanted to play Billy Badass in D'Classico. So what did I do? I told him suck my dick and if he thought I owed him more then call the police. Now I am not saying bully the cabbies out there they have to make a living to but don't let anyone intimidate you especially when you are being fair.

So overall if you don't want to rent a car I think taxis private or public is the way to go.

sjaak
06-07-2005, 02:13 AM
They are cheap (20 pesos). But if you are in those small 1980's Japanese junkoids the driver will squeeze six (6) people into the cab NOT including himself.

The 9 person van taxis/buses, gua-guas do the same thing, I counted 20 passengers, not including the driver and the guy who collects the money. seems the same price as well.

JDR
06-07-2005, 08:17 AM
I have been using the public taxi s and they are great. They are not greedy at all.

psriches
06-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Are you talking about the NYC cats riding around on the scooters during Memorial Weekend? Because i heard that they were brawling in Classico's as well.

BrooklynBeas
06-07-2005, 08:35 PM
nice post David... Thanks!... Any pics? not of the cars but of chicas?

David Smash
06-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah them cats. I mean if you heard them you know it would be a matter of time before they got into some dumb shit. I argee that gua-guas are great but if you haven't seen me well lets just say that I am not 150 lbs. And as for pics yeah I need to get my lazy ass up and load them

knotty
06-08-2005, 07:50 AM
the wifebeater crew from NYC. I barely saw them talking to any bitches. most guys I know clowned these dudes.

psriches
06-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah them cats. I mean if you heard them you know it would be a matter of time before they got into some dumb shit. I argee that gua-guas are great but if you haven't seen me well lets just say that I am not 150 lbs. And as for pics yeah I need to get my lazy ass up and load themYeah you're right! It was just a matter of time. The sad thing is that it's not necessary. Plenty of pussy for everyone in a laid back environment. No need to turn Sosua into some Spring Break shit........

WSJ3
06-08-2005, 04:09 PM
the wifebeater crew from NYC. I barely saw them talking to any bitches. most guys I know clowned these dudes.

They were too busy fighting in the disco...

WSJ3
06-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah you're right! It was just a matter of time. The sad thing is that it's not necessary. Plenty of pussy for everyone in a laid back environment. No need to turn Sosua into some Spring Break shit........

Not everybody can see the forest for the trees psriches buddy.

I am not going to cut your throat to get to Rosemary but the wifebeater crew would.

psriches
06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah you're right! It was just a matter of time. The sad thing is that it's not necessary. Plenty of pussy for everyone in a laid back environment. No need to turn Sosua into some Spring Break shit........

Not everybody can see the forest for the trees psriches buddy.

I am not going to cut your throat to get to Rosemary but the wifebeater crew would.they rode on the scooters from Europa to the beach and back again!!! all day until it was time to fight again.....

knotty
06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
these dudes remind me of some crew from NY that was there in Sept. or Oct. I guess we get a group of these dickheads every 1/4. don't bother me none. they can fight while i step up to the chica, ask her what her interest are? who she be with? things to make her smile. what numbers to dial. My mind slipped for a second, thought I was B.I.G. :D

will_blueprint
06-08-2005, 04:51 PM
See Knotty I told you were Biggie reincarnated

Yeah they were entertaining, Thats the difference between Chi town playas and NYC thugs... You all need to watch State Property 2.

BTW nice meeting you David Smash.... After I see what you workin with you will get a lil surprise in your pm box.

psriches
06-08-2005, 04:52 PM
these dudes remind me of some crew from NY that was there in Sept. or Oct. I guess we get a group of these dickheads every 1/4. don't bother me none. they can fight while i step up to the chica, ask her what her interest are? who she be with? things to make her smile. what numbers to dial. My mind slipped for a second, thought I was B.I.G. :Dthat's a classic

knotty
06-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Sometimes NYC heads don't know how to act. Too much, gotta represent. Must've been their 1st time out the U.S.
I was rockin the B.I.G. shirt the 1st day I was in Sosua. that song was the 1st thing that popped into my head while i was writing my post. B.I.G. forever.

BrooklynBeas
06-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Sometimes NYC heads don't know how to act. Too much, gotta represent. Must've been their 1st time out the U.S.
I was rockin the B.I.G. shirt the 1st day I was in Sosua. that song was the 1st thing that popped into my head while i was writing my post. B.I.G. forever.

You gotta see my airbrushed rhinestoned B.I.G shirt... off the hook... I also have a Tego Calderon shirt that i wear out there thats similar...

knotty
06-08-2005, 05:24 PM

You gotta see my airbrushed rhinestoned B.I.G shirt... off the hook... I also have a Tego Calderon shirt that i wear out there thats similar...

you should take a pic of it, and let me peep it.

BrooklynBeas
06-08-2005, 06:19 PM

Maybe we will meet up and you can see it live... Shit if i can go to meet a girl when i get home from work tonight in Sunset then i can meet up with you somewhere and chill...

knotty
06-08-2005, 06:30 PM

Maybe we will meet up and you can see it live... Shit if i can go to meet a girl when i get home from work tonight in Sunset then i can meet up with you somewhere and chill...

exactly

BrooklynBeas
06-08-2005, 06:34 PM
god i hate this place... i wanna go home!!!!!!!!!!... its torture working about 10 hours a day minimum... then this girl wants me to come meet her in sunset tonight... I will be getting out of work at 7pm... take the train till about 8:15 drive home, 8:20-8:25, take a shower and get dressed... fuck im ready to go to sleep... Damn i need a vacation... It would be nice if i got some action tonight but i doubt it cause its gonna be the first time meeting her... Anyways sorry to ramble on i just need a vacation... Later!

JDR
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
god i hate this place... i wanna go home!!!!!!!!!!... its torture working about 10 hours a day minimum... then this girl wants me to come meet her in sunset tonight... I will be getting out of work at 7pm... take the train till about 8:15 drive home, 8:20-8:25, take a shower and get dressed... fuck im ready to go to sleep... Damn i need a vacation... It would be nice if i got some action tonight but i doubt it cause its gonna be the first time meeting her... Anyways sorry to ramble on i just need a vacation... Later!

75 days ago I was working. Whores everywhere. I want to be home watching a movie eating popcorn. :evil:

David Smash
06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
See Knotty I told you were Biggie reincarnated

Yeah they were entertaining, Thats the difference between Chi town playas and NYC thugs... You all need to watch State Property 2.

BTW nice meeting you David Smash.... After I see what you workin with you will get a lil surprise in your pm box.

Good meeting you too. Man I stumbled on alot you you pro ISOC cats. I will say that is true about MOST young NYC cats. We don't know how to act sometimes. I too stayed cleared of them clowns. By the way Will the dark-skinned cutie at Passions how is her massages? I was digging the broad.

will_blueprint
06-09-2005, 09:12 PM
which dark skinned cutie?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/will_blueprint/dr2/HPIM0152.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/will_blueprint/dr2/HPIM0095.jpg

will_blueprint
06-09-2005, 09:13 PM
actually now i think about it I never got a massage form anyPassion chicks while u were there.... We were busy doing other things

will_blueprint
06-09-2005, 09:13 PM
i swear psriches i tred shrinking em

Kevy
06-09-2005, 09:15 PM
I think your kidding us and like posting the big pictures.

sjaak
06-10-2005, 01:42 AM
never mind, you take great pics. thanks for those!