PDA

View Full Version : Continental check in

Gutter Meat
01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
This is great .. you can check in on-line and print your boarding pass now on Continental airlines even on international flights. You just have to put your passport # in and D/O/B... Also at most airports you can check in now on international flights at the kias by sliding you passport through. This is a great benifit for those who don't check bags and just carry on..!!!

psriches
01-27-2007, 06:36 PM
This is great .. you can check in on-line and print your boarding pass now on Continental airlines even on international flights. You just have to put your passport # in and D/O/B... Also at most airports you can check in now on international flights at the kias by sliding you passport through. This is a great benifit for those who don't check bags and just carry on..!!!This is correct. On my last trip through Newark, it took me 15 minutes to check in with bags. No lines. You can even buy your tourist card there.

Beads
01-27-2007, 07:38 PM
This is correct. On my last trip through Newark, it took me 15 minutes to check in with bags. No lines. You can even buy your tourist card there.

you can get your $10 tourist card in Newark?

Gutter Meat
01-27-2007, 07:40 PM
you can get your $10 tourist card in Newark?

I'll check tomorrow. I rember I used to get my tourist card from AA at jfk.

chlen
01-27-2007, 07:47 PM
This is great .. you can check in on-line and print your boarding pass now on Continental airlines even on international flights. You just have to put your passport # in and D/O/B... Also at most airports you can check in now on international flights at the kias by sliding you passport through. This is a great benifit for those who don't check bags and just carry on..!!!

Yea, you right. But with the ban for any containers with liquids( lotions etc) in carry-on I found no choice but check my bag to avoid all that hussle at security point.

Beads
01-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I'll check tomorrow. I rember I used to get my tourist card from AA at jfk.

Interesting I never knew that was an option. At POP im not sure if it would speed things up really any. The line for the tourist cards isnt ever really long when I arrive. At STI I remember waiting in line for my tourist card for a while and it screwing me up in line for luggage xray time so I would definitely use it flying into STI if I had the option.

Definitely let us know!

Cuba Libre
01-27-2007, 08:07 PM
you can get your $10 tourist card in Newark?Yes, but they charge you $11.

Elvis
01-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks for letting me know.. But I always end up using upgrades to get to First Class on AA :D No line for me to buy the tourist card !

Tony Toca
01-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks for letting me know.. But I always end up using upgrades to get to First Class on AA :D No line for me to buy the tourist card !

There will be if you get one of those chartered European flights that JUST land before you!!

I was behind one once and it seemed that they all had to ask about the card and then argue about it. The couple of times this has happened, my luggage was on the carousel before me (I really hate that).

SJG
01-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I always check in on line with Continental and drop my bag at the International bag drop. Checking in online has saved me from missing my last two flights to the DR because I got to the airport after the checkin deadline, but not too late to drop off the bag.

elsucio
02-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, but they charge you $11.

Where in the airport would you buy them? Flying EWR to POP next week and last time i flew into POP we arrived shorly after a couple of charter flights and it was a mess...

Cuba Libre
02-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Where in the airport would you buy them? Flying EWR to POP next week and last time i flew into POP we arrived shorly after a couple of charter flights and it was a mess...They generally have them at the check-in counter.